• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
YESSSSSSS good work :D your Wolf is super legit. Which reminds me, I should really upload our matches from when you were in NJ... >______>

And yeah, at least under Unity it's legal :(

:059:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Everything in this game is legal except stalling via the use of glitches/infinites such as infinite dimension cape, infiniting people past 300% with Dedede's down throw or freezing Diddy's up throw with a windbox etc.

And previously Meta Knight.

I feel this post makes no sense.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll try whenever I start uploading replays (When I have free time). My internship takes up my entire week mostly. Almost done though :).

:018:

Zync

Smash Journeyman
YESSSSSSS good work :D your Wolf is super legit. Which reminds me, I should really upload our matches from when you were in NJ... >______>

And yeah, at least under Unity it's legal :(

Are you suuuuure it was never banned before? I swear I read once "King dedede must dash before a regrab" Im trying to get all the possible feedback to convince our TO to ban it :D

And tahnks Ish, youre great :awesome: Upload those replays!!!!

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I've seen that a few times, but it never really caught on too much haha. At least if it did, it was a while ago :x

There are sooooooo many replays to record, it's ridiculous ;___; I don't even have time until next week because I have to write a paper and then my parents are visiting :< but after that I have nothing to do until finals, so hopefully I'll have the videos up in like two weeks :3

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Well what can I say... sooon :D

Btw I had 2 awesome wofl bair moments on the ranking, scored around 9 Bairs in a row vs an inexperienced lucario and 7 Bairs to an experienced wolf player which resulted on his death lol, and the wii replays were full so almost nobbody saw it >_>

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Whether or not the D3 infinite is legal is at the TO's discretion and always has been. They'll pick whatever they agree with most.
I know a lot of NJ/NY tournies used to ban the infinite and only smallstep and regular CG were legal.

Who are you?
I'd love to ask you the same question :reverse:
I'm Joe's secret sonic lover. Shhh, don't let Tiger know.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Nice ;D things like that are why I'm trying to carry my SD card around wherever I go lol, you never know when something awesome will happen.

Also, you should go watch the videos I posted and tell me what I could be doing better vs Snake, I know you know that MU pretty well :p

EDIT: I always get ninja'd :(

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
asdnjaksdjnaksdjvnkjnkjnsdaljsk I deserved that lol

Are you from NY/NJ? Because I'm way too lazy to ever go any further for a tournament, and probably won't even be able to go to another tournament until September unless I can work out a good flight to Cali :x also, disclaimer, I have no idea how to fight Sonic :p

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I don't think I've ever seen you at a tournament actually, at least, I don't remember seeing any Sonics D: the only ones I've been to as of late are Collision and Collision II though, so maybe that's why. A lot of good tournaments coming up but time/money/other obligations are preventing me from making them... and then I'm away all summer so I'm missing like the 5 summer nationals in our region lol

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Nice ;D things like that are why I'm trying to carry my SD card around wherever I go lol, you never know when something awesome will happen.

Also, you should go watch the videos I posted and tell me what I could be doing better vs Snake, I know you know that MU pretty well :p

EDIT: I always get ninja'd :(

Ill see what advice can I give, loading the videos :p, also, I notice the first is on yoshis island... Why would you fight there? :x

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
We were just going on random set to the standard six (FD/BF/SV/YI/Lylat/PS1). Idk, YI wasn't *too* bad... what makes it good for Snake / bad for Wolf in that MU?

I actually really like Lylat against Snake lol, since the stage hack made it possible to see things xD

Zync

Smash Journeyman
There I wrote some stuff on the actual thread, hope you find it helpful, still the match was really good to watch!

EDIT: about the stage idk I just dont like it overall, wolfs autocancells can get wrecked, theres little space to camp and snake can get away with the slopes to send grenades to weird places

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
@ JJ: I mean, it still comes from a reference to that story. T'was an excellent piece of writing though, like... really.

@ Sync: Thanks dude :) yeah haha, I took your camping advice to heart, made everything better xD he's not a Snake main though, it'll be a lot harder to camp False since I know he's going to strip grenades right in my face all the time, guess I have to start SH blastering ;__; and yeah, I usually do stupid things when I'm behind and really want to win, bad habit :/

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
How is that Wolf getting such a large boost from blaster when he's not B reversing it?

Also I don't understand the lack of dthrow either, especially when it would have killed Dedede off the edge at 180%.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
He's doing both a wavebounce and a b-reversal. It's pretty awesome :3

I guess maybe because everyone techs dthrows in Japan (the one time he used it on the Pit it was teched), but even then it's not that hard to punish if you're keeping an eye out for it... idk. Those blasters were awesome though, got a lot of hits in with the hilt :o

_Kain_

Smash Champion
All I know is...

That wavebounce laser looks hella good for approaching Olimar, and also a good fakeout for chars who can CG us.

How does he do that?

EDIT: Unless there purples...**** purples

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
To do that, press away from the direction you're facing (which is the direction he was moving in most of the time), B, then back towards the direction you were initially facing; b-reversal followed by a wavebounce so that you're shooting in the direction you're facing with reversed momentum. It was crazy, actually approaching with hilted blaster @_@

+1 for purple pikmin sucking :glare:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
It's like a Breverse, but you just face forwards while you carry your momentum backwards. If you meant the other one he did, you just hold your momentum to whichever direction you're going, and Breverse the other way. I actually use it all the time, it's probably the most effective method for scrooging SV because it lets you grab the other side with a Flash.

Not sure why he didn't do much Dthrow either, I mean, we have frame advantage if they tech in place, and you can commit to a BDACUS that usually puts you in a decent spot if they decide to tech roll. His other throws aren't bad by any means, but yeah, it was a little strange lol.

Overall I enjoyed his Wolf, just a few little things that irked me like his rolls and such. Just me being nitpicky though, really. Good stuff Ish.

-DAMN IT ISH

ninja'd

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Muahahahaaaa I finally get to ninja someone :3

Japan has interesting Wolves. I hope we can actually communicate with them sometime.

Also, speaking of dthrow... since we have data... hmm... except there's the whole issue of spacing/IGUs and stuff, so this isn't really going to work, but I'll just conveniently overlook that >_> Aerodrome, does every character have the same frame data on their techrolls? :3

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
**** Kirby. I hate that thing.
Yeah I have never beaten a comparable Kirby.

Is the ledge infinite grab legal??!??!??? the one king D3 has on wolf -.-
Not at stuff I throw :0

ive done plenty of silly **** in my day like that but this is just that much sillier

i'll get on it
Seriously laughed.

man that megamanrob or megarobman or whatever makes all you woof players look bad.
He's right. You guys are gonna have to kick it up a notch or something.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:kirby2: is so light that killing him is easy. Too bad one grab= 44% if you suck at SDI'ing the Uair.
Matchup is def even. :kirby2: has more problems then :wolf: does though in the matchup because all his b moves except inhale cause RCO, his aerial mobility is trash, and we got dat projectile. His Bair isn't as safe as ours and we can punish it with Fsmash when it hits our shield.

:018:

:phone:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
We can punish every single bair on shield with something lol, just gotta be quick. Idk, Kirby's not bad, but just so... standard. Also, it's kinda like Falco imo where just shielding when you're at kill %s is pretty helpful.

Mink, dw, we know you're one of us <3

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
how often do you guys use jump shine OoS?

I try to use it alot to get me out of a pickle, but idk how much better it is than just back rolling.
Also, i've found that using Utilt at low percents usually leads to a free grab or a charged Usmash if they airdodge.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
My control scheme makes it tough to use so I don't use it, which is bad, because it's pretty helpful for relieving pressure. Rolling back is usually okay too, but you don't always have that kind of room on the stage, and it's beneficial to go airborne since then you can crossup your opponent with a bair.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Aerials OoS are generally just a good idea, but i'll use an empty jump every here and there when I feel sort of stuck or i'm mixing up mindgames. SHAD OoS into Dsmash works sometimes :reverse:

Ish hurry up and start using master race GCC it will make you better

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Unless you're Wolf who has a million cross-ups.

And doing it in the air is better.

Olimars..

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Idk what happened to my GCC, I had one but I think it got stolen or some **** :/

Dnyce, I messed up lol, I meant turnaround special by b-reversal... I think... what's the difference between a wavebounce, b-reversal, and turnaround special again? Iirc, a wavebounce reverses momentum (hitting the opposite direction shortly after starting the special), a turnaround special is exactly what it sounds like (opposite direction shortly before), and... b-reversal is a wavebounce? Idk :x

Also, while you're here, any idea if every character has the same frame data on their grounded techs/tech rolls? :3

Top Bottom