• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
some things never change *sniff* Kain still wofflestomping peeps with wolf <3

Tales of Graces F is awesome :3 you can tell it was a wii game at some point and some of the voices are sketchy (but cheria is voice by laura bailey <3 <3 <3)
the combat system might be the best in the series though, plays more like a combo based fighter which is awesome.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I actually forgot who his partner was, not to sound horrible but I was rooting for FAE/DeLux ._. I think Kain's team won every doubles match I watched though.

:038:
lmao s'all good, ICs/Lucas makes for one heck of a gimmick team xD

Well when the last 30 pages were about frame data, my mind couldn't comprehend any of it. So I would just lurk like a mofo. :p

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that it was a bad thing. I did find it a little interesting but I didn't understand hardly any of it and can't remember all of it. Too much for me too handle >_>
Understandable <3

Kain 2 good!

Ish you're in a good mood. Anyone who's in a good mood after Elementary School makes me suspicious...
I'm doing okay, idk. I understand your suspicions though lol. Pretty sure it's because the weather's getting nicer and stuff, besides which I usually seem like I'm in a good mood online.

But Pinnacle HD quickly ruins good moods lol, this thing kinda sucks, I can't record more than two videos in a row without every other frame getting dropped >__> or maybe that's just my computer being crappy, but eh, lame.

:059:

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Actually DeLux went ZSS so they could do ZSS Dsmash->Lucas PSI Magnet. It was funny because FAE was at like three stocks with 50% while everyone else was at their last stock lol.
Oh and for the tales topic my first and only Tales game is Vesperia. I still need to finish it though.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Tales of Vesperia is a really strong point to start at, its an awesome game and it has Rito Mordio <3
i love that game, even managed to beat the ps3 version completely in japanese just so i could use the extra character that the x360 version didnt get

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Yeah, I like it a lot. It really challenged my morals when Yuri made some of his decisions. I also like the cast, it's funny how they all bicker with each other even in combat XD

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Yuri was a pretty awesome character, one problem people have with him is that he doesnt change much from the start of the game through to the end.
I never saw that as a problem though since he's already an adult with his own morals (or lack thereof) to base his judgements off. He's definitely one of the more mature protagonists in the series.
i love everyone in that game though, judith, yuri, rita, karl, raven, estelle <3 all so awesome.
plus there's repede, a dog with a knife pipe...thing

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
That and Reflex missed a trillion chances for Fsmash but Grabbed instead.
That and the fact that reflex never DID THE CHAINGRAB...lol. Kind of a big deal xD...but it is what is. Kain was fun to watch.

@Tales talk

I liked vesperia. It's story was one of my least favorites bar some of the twists. The characters were above average compared to other tales but the story really was meh to me. I was also upset about the colisseum type but that's just personal preference lol.

I started with symphonia

Then went to legendia(ewwwwwwww)

Then went to abyss etc. etc.

I actually recently started playing through the original japanese script phantasia for the snes. It has soooo many hilarious parts. Makes me wonder how much is cut out in the u.s. versions :laugh: Great game for how old school it is.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
That and the fact that reflex never DID THE CHAINGRAB...lol. Kind of a big deal xD...but it is what is. Kain was fun to watch.
I think reflex doesn't like doing the cg or something since we sometimes do friendlies when we hang. Maybe he doesn't think its necessary or something I should ask him about that

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
D: Tales of Legendia, i always look at my copy and wonder wtf went wrong xD

there's quite a bit taken out of the games when they're localized sadly :( the ps3 version of vesperia is soooo much better in terms of well....everything.
I didnt notice any huge differences between the japanese Graces f on the wii and the english version on the ps3 though, dialogue/plot wise that is.
sometimes its just impossible to translate certain things cause they wouldnt make sense in a language other than japanese

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
NC melee turned brawl?

Ganondorf proving to be a bad char?

:sheikmelee:, do it, Bl@ckchris did.

brb lurking NC threads.

edit: @blueMcwoffle He said he hates doing it and he has to practice doing it. Though that was like 6 months or something ago.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
No, I'm just picking up both games. Ganon is still an awesome character. Even in Brawl.

Besides, I'll be at State next year, and from my understanding almost everyone there plays Brawl.

Rizen

Smash Legend
No, I'm just picking up both games. Ganon is still an awesome character. Even in Brawl.

Besides, I'll be at State next year, and from my understanding almost everyone there plays Brawl.
Ganon is awesome, for sure. But he has all bad MUs and is lowest ranked too:(. FYI

Spacing is a HUGE part of Wolf's game. Especially Bairs:smirk:. Get to know attack and recovery spacing.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That's why I'm learning Wolf. He's a lot of fun to use, and (according to Stingers) he's a playable character, unlike Ganon. I spent a bunch of time yesterday experimenting with mains, going through Diddy, Ganon, Pit, Kirby, MK, Dedede, Olimar, Fox, and Snake before trying Wolf, and then deciding I would use him.

Spacing is also really important for Melee Ganon. Especially with his Bairs. It's funny to see those are similar.

Is DACUS the most technical Wolf is going to get? I've almost got the hang of it. I just performed a few in a row, then tripped.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I think reflex doesn't like doing the cg or something since we sometimes do friendlies when we hang. Maybe he doesn't think its necessary or something I should ask him about that
Idk... I think he's just inconsistent with it from what I've seen, idk :x

So, I'm learning to play Wolf. What basic info do I need to know?
Bair, lots and lots and lots of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKRm5JNOrs

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218126

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194629

Are two good places to start. The air is wolf's home and he is the master. If you can camp with his blaster just right you make ppl so salty, Dsmash is our best kill move, dthrow is amazing after certain percents, and we have an amazingly good jab
Ughhhhh those two threads need MASSIVE updating ;____; still valid enough for the most part though.

That's why I'm learning Wolf. He's a lot of fun to use, and (according to Stingers) he's a playable character, unlike Ganon. I spent a bunch of time yesterday experimenting with mains, going through Diddy, Ganon, Pit, Kirby, MK, Dedede, Olimar, Fox, and Snake before trying Wolf, and then deciding I would use him.

Spacing is also really important for Melee Ganon. Especially with his Bairs. It's funny to see those are similar.

Is DACUS the most technical Wolf is going to get? I've almost got the hang of it. I just performed a few in a row, then tripped.
Wolf has more "technical" stuff, like lightstepping and flash cancelling, but aside from that it's mostly about spacing and buffering properly imo. You still need to be precise with your actions though, misinputs (like fsmash instead of SH fair) screw Wolf over hard X_x

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I can flash cancel fairly decently, but not as consistently as I'd like to. Lightstepping killed me a lot yesterday (My first day play Brawl/Wolf), but now that I know what it is I can buffer jumps out of it. I haven't tried any of the cool stuff in those topics, though, like infinite lightstepping.

I'm glad to hear he isn't too technical. I'd rather focus on other aspects of the game, like spacing, so the sooner I get all this out of the way the better.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
In that case, is there a better guide you could link me to?

EDIT: I just noticed the whole Tales discussion that went on earlier today. Clearly my avatar was destined to be in this topic.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah, I complained a long time ago about the guide and nothings changed. So I never bothered to learn anything even close to technical.

brb maining Sloth.

#bestdeadlysin

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Wolf is a fairly technical character to put it simply, or at least that's my playstyle with him. He's got a million and one tricks that you'll probably come across once you've got your foundation down. He just has so, so, so many cross-ups. The big thing is definitely spacing though, and your all-around great mobility. Flash spacing is super important, you can lightstep -> HC Flash to the other edge on Smashville, and an effective scrooge using reverse Breverse -> Flash. That's a little difficult though, and i'm still working on it to be honest, but Wolf can switch ledges super easy with pretty much any method you can think of, on Smashville. The standard Lightstep -> Bair/Fair is usually reliable. Other than that, Wolf is more about what you can do with Brawl's mechanics (I.e Platform cancels) and how you utilize them. Oh and don't get grabbed, Wolf is all about playing that footsies game at fast pace. Don't forget to Air Camp.

Just get a feel for the character, and ask questions. We've got answers. Welcome to the Pack :reverse:

:wolf:

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
It's ok Ishieymoro I bet it's a pain in the butt updating those.

Speaking of lightstepping I hate it when I lightstep when I don't want it to and I either sd or get punished hard :(. But flash cancelling is great is it throws ppl off so bad when you do.

Also whenever I try doing sh fair it doesn't seem to autocancelling, either I'm doing it wrong or something else. Also I can't seem to get dacus down so I keep it out of strategy and just do running usmash (hours of practicing with no fruit)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Good Lightstep spacing just comes with practice, you should always know whether you'll Lightstep or not, or at least always be prepared when you're near the ledge. Lucky for me I had my reflexes to bail me out 99% of the time when I was still learning it, way back when.

As for DACUS, just break it down. Dash -> DA (I press down on the Cstick) -> (Up on Analog +Cstick) + Grab

If you Dash attack you're doing it too slow, if you get grab, too fast. Practice with Snake if you're having serious troubles.

Keep in mind that's not the only way to get DACUS, that's just my method. Once you've got that try BDACUS.

oh and for AC Fair just buffer the Fair as you come up in your short hop, you can do it from the ledge as well.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
That Wolf guide is among the worst I've seen btw.

imo anyway. lol
Elaborate? Not that I disagree lol, but... yeah... lol.

It's supposed to be a guide made by a group of people, but nobody really has initiative to fix it up that's still active. Maybe I should just give Tekkie and MRM the account since they actually tend to do things, or if someone wants they can write a new Wolf guide :p

Wolf is a fairly technical character to put it simply, or at least that's my playstyle with him. He's got a million and one tricks that you'll probably come across once you've got your foundation down. He just has so, so, so many cross-ups. The big thing is definitely spacing though, and your all-around great mobility. Flash spacing is super important, you can lightstep -> HC Flash to the other edge on Smashville, and an effective scrooge using reverse Breverse -> Flash. That's a little difficult though, and i'm still working on it to be honest, but Wolf can switch ledges super easy with pretty much any method you can think of, on Smashville. The standard Lightstep -> Bair/Fair is usually reliable. Other than that, Wolf is more about what you can do with Brawl's mechanics (I.e Platform cancels) and how you utilize them. Oh and don't get grabbed, Wolf is all about playing that footsies game at fast pace. Don't forget to Air Camp.

Just get a feel for the character, and ask questions. We've got answers. Welcome to the Pack :reverse:

:wolf:
This too :)

It's ok Ishieymoro I bet it's a pain in the butt updating those.

Speaking of lightstepping I hate it when I lightstep when I don't want it to and I either sd or get punished hard :(. But flash cancelling is great is it throws ppl off so bad when you do.

Also whenever I try doing sh fair it doesn't seem to autocancelling, either I'm doing it wrong or something else. Also I can't seem to get dacus down so I keep it out of strategy and just do running usmash (hours of practicing with no fruit)
With fair, make sure you're buffering it (you don't have to but it's easier). Takes some practice but it's just a matter of being fast enough. Sinister has the rest under control.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I can't really explain it that well. I dunno, it just seems ugly and... lacking. It also feels like a bit of a chore to read and it doesn't necessarily tell you which moves are good or bad. Like every write up starts with: "this move is good", whether it is or not. lol

Exaggeration, but you know what I mean. :p

rsr2

Smash Lord
Okay, I recently had a smashfest and now I am so hyped to play brawl even more. We got three more people in my area to play so now I can actually start to play more. There is also a tournament next week and jcav might go <3

Okay I know last time I asked if people wanted to Wifi. I was unable to ( Sorry rizen :\ )

So if anyone wants to wifi this week. I can give you the code. Don't use the one I have on the left. I am too lazy to change that. I am a wofl after all :p

Top Bottom