• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i found this pic of isaac and pooped myself

i looked exactly like this when dark dawn was announced 2 years ago, but with more crying

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
that picture always makes me laugh cause wolf seriously looks like one of my friends mom xD she's pretty gross

Bead

Smash Ace
i'm doing the same thing now, i missed 4 djinn and somehow i missed several summons :( my first time through was a clean run, no grinding, no class experiments and no faqs. now i'm gonna play around a bit and get everything :D
i loved dark dawn but it was a slight let down, story and presentation was good, battles were fluid, but the UI was annoying and the story didnt go anywhere until you were 70% through it.
some characters (eoleo and himi) were pointless too, you got them at the end of the game
but... golden sun 4 :D its all but confirmed.
Eoleo is my 3rd favorite character because of how pointless he is. a 32 year old hanging out with a bunch of kids for no reason besides killing stuff. Everything he says is comical.

Yeah, I'm playing through it again. Story was meh but gameplay is still awesome. UI is annoying but gameplay overcomes UI sometimes.

I missed TONS of summons. I only had Magera til eclipse, now im close to eclipse again and ive got like 7

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
yeah it asked for a username or w/e so i put one in, then it said connecting to server.... then i got a black screen with a tab that said wolf in the corner, tried reloading and putting a different name in but got nothing
stupid ps3 browser -_- i dont have a home comp

Zero

Smash Hero
EDIT: Browny instructed me to iron out unease with his beautiful essay.

Link to original post: [drupal=3806]Changing brawl chatrooms for the better - IRC[/drupal]

Video/picture sharing

The #1 ignorant reason for why people say they prefer XAT to IRC could not possibly be more wrong.

Let’s get the easy thing out of the way first, picture sharing. IRC and XAT are the same, if someone links a picture, you simply click that link to open the picture. With XAT, you must click the link, click a confirmation button before the picture uploads beneath a banner and when you return to the chat, must close that confirmation window. With IRC, you click the image, and exactly the same as XAT, it opens it up in a new window. And that’s it, no warnings and banners, just an incredibly quick and easy method to share pictures. IRC is superior in every aspect here.

Now for sharing videos; people prefer XAT because of the ability to broadcast embedded videos to watch them together in the same chat, however most people are unaware that IRC is the exact same. There are clients out there which allow anyone to click a video and it will embed it into the window just like XAT. It’s amazing how people don’t actually know that broadcasting videos in IRC works the exact same as XAT. But why IRC is once again better here, is because of the ability to watch whatever you want at any time. In XAT if someone broadcasts a video but you want to watch something else, too bad. You have to hide the chat window and watch it on Youtube or something. In IRC, anyone can embed any video they want at any time. Within the same channel, 2 people could be watching a brawl match and discussing it, 2 could be having a movie night and 2 could be watching a documentary, all within the same chat window. It is superior to XAT in all aspects regarding sharing media.

You’ll thank me later :)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lemme reiterate my previous post. **** IRC. There is 0 point in moving a already used chat. You also can friend people on xat and their smileys are far superior in every aspect...

The Wolf chat isn't moving -_____-

Zero

Smash Hero
I can't even tell if you're serious about the emoticon point...

I can give you a good point in the form of buzzword.

Social network.

When you can join another community's channel with a two word command, while remaining in the same window and otherwise paying the same attention to your current chat, it really strengthens the sense of community you get from this place. Instead of remaining isolated and steadfast, you weave in between different communities, meeting new people and making new friends, talking about things you never thought you would. All of this while keeping sufficiently "isolated" so that you can find specific metagame discussion if you feel the need to. You could expect the ZSS pros to be in #ZSS, while Lucario knowledge would be centered in #lucario, but people would have social discussion in both channels.

Maybe you should read the essay.

So I guess we should make a Wolf IRC.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
while i appreciate what zero/browny are trying to do, we've been using this chat for over a year and its never done us wrong, most of us noob wolfs get good tips there and i'm really not eager to move somewhere else, even if it were with the same people.
xat smileys da bess too :D

Browny

Smash Hater
Ok since Zero isnt operating on the same page as me here

Seagullman,
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292806

I didnt write 2300 words to be self indulgent, I didnt spend 2-3 hours formulating and writing this for my own benefit. I did all that because I truly believe everyone will benefit from it, and the social chatting side of brawl amonst all character mains will be made stronger than ever if we all used IRC. The benefit I gain from doing such a thing is tiny compared to the benefit I believe everyone else will gain if they made the switch.

@ Goldenadept

You know what, Ive heard that before. Every aim/msn/webchat based group who said the same thing about IRC until they actually tried it and unsurprisingly, they all stayed there because they came to realise its benefits.

Its not like I come here asking you forcefully to join; im just saying 2 things;

1) Get educated about the differences between both mediums. Remove your misconceptions and learn the facts about why I believe you will all benefit from using IRC over xat.
2) Give it a chance. You dont think xat would have lasted if no one gave it a chance and instead stuck to a primitive chat method such as an AIM group do you? You have nothing to lose and if everyone makes an effort to get it working, you WILL thank me later.

its never done us wrong
Now this here is logic that I can not agree with. My old 256kbs internet connection never did me wrong, but that doesnt mean I shouldnt upgrade to 3000kbps. It did the bare minimum, and you dont know just how good the other versions are until you try.

D

Deleted member

IRC doesnt work on my ps3, that means i can't chat with my woffles, that means IRC is the devil
Why aren't you just on a laptop or desktop? Typing on the PS3 is ehhh...

And IRC is actually really good. I use it to chat with other gamers while listening to a podcast, and it's just really nice. Give it a chance instead of crapping all over it.

Browny

Smash Hater
Goldenadept I dont understand why it wouldnt work. if you dont mind can you try some simple troubleshooting steps to make sure its not simply an input error on youre part? also its possible the 1-click through GG will have issues on a PS3.

http://02.chat.mibbit.com/

Choose globalgamers from the drop-down menu
enter your nick
and remember the channel is #wolf with the hash.

From there, keep an eye on the tabs in the top left screen. wait a few moments and click '#wolf" when it appears, it will be the third tab (home | globalgamers | wolf)

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Why aren't you just on a laptop or desktop? Typing on the PS3 is ehhh...

And IRC is actually really good. I use it to chat with other gamers while listening to a podcast, and it's just really nice. Give it a chance instead of crapping all over it.
the only comps we have in my house are my two roomates netbooks but i dont like borrowing them cause they leave for school really early in the morning for college and that means they'd come in my room to get them and wake me up, then i'd be grumpy -_- plus typing on those mini keyboards is annoying.
i use a usb keyboard for my ps3 so typing is easy xD
i'm not crapping on IRC but as far as i'm concerned, if i can't talk to my wolfs with it, but i can with Xat, then xat is better.

Goldenadept I dont understand why it wouldnt work. if you dont mind can you try some simple troubleshooting steps to make sure its not simply an input error on youre part? also its possible the 1-click through GG will have issues on a PS3.

http://02.chat.mibbit.com/

Choose globalgamers from the drop-down menu
enter your nick
and remember the channel is #wolf with the hash.

From there, keep an eye on the tabs in the top left screen. wait a few moments and click '#wolf" when it appears, it will be the third tab (home | globalgamers | wolf)
ok, i tried this but it just took my to a black screen again D: the ps3 just doesnt want to load the chat. i made sure java was on and double checked, it just doesnt like it i guess

Browny

Smash Hater
at what stage does it take you to a black screen. you are able to join the channel easy enough.

Are you actually clicking the '#wolf' tab lol? the one that you said appears. coz if you join the channel, actively open #wolf AND you still cant get it to work... well that makes no sense :(

When you before were you able to see the messages that we typed to you?

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
no i havent been able to see any messages, the tab is always there and i click it but it never goes anywhere, i just sit at a black screen.
this really isnt worth the effort, there's wolves in the chat right now that're talking and having fun, thats all that matters

tekkie

Smash Master
irc is god tier

the reason i say the xat is good enough is because any wolf main interaction is social and lulzy, so anything relating to "usefulness" isn't even relevant for us

RATED

Smash Lord
Dark Dawn final boss was a major wake up call on difficulty.

The entire game was a lame faceroll and then the last boss comes and is like BAM mutha @#$%er.
Move 3 times, can shield first turn, summon twice, haunt your team, regenerates, counter attacks, and has this SUPER gay attack that can pretty much 1 shot anything, put set your djinn (which is prob the worst thing ever)

The entire game NONE of my characters died once. Most bosses i would get damaged twice and not even enough to heal, but on last boss Eoleo died twice and Rief died once. I enjoyed it =) but not the story =(

I wish there was a new game plus where you could go back and get the djinn and summons that you miss. And have a hard mode where all the mosters scale with your level =D but alas it does not.

I'm playing through again so i can fight Dullahan and Deadbeard and get all perfection and crap cuz the fan inside of me says so.
I liked the game, something that I didnt like was the himi" introduction" the way she gets in your party is so random :/ and Eoleo is ****iing good but is sad that you get him at the end of the game.

What broke my heart is that they didnt show Ivan in the game :(

Briggs T__T

I hated the whole "old man and dude to save the girl that stole the magma thing"

even though IMO that's just the "intro" to another game since they didnt explain that much and someday I "we" will fight against Alex.

I love the game but I feel like Blados and the girl show have gotten more "show" like they did with Menardi and Saturos but even though the game still gives that " awesome feeling" that Golden Sun 1 and 2 gave.

also IMO : If a next game is coming... the little kid that saw your psyenergy becomes a usable character( the one that you had to rescue) and the other daughter of Mia( the girl that is with Piers) me assuming stuff.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Xat's better. I can talk to my friends in PM even if I'm not in the same xat box as them. It also has avatars and cool smilies. If the wolf boards ever quit using xat then I wouldn't go to it.

In other news, my wolf is getting better. Still got last at the tourny/smashfest yesterday, but I was taking my opponents to game 3 for a change at least.

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
You're all stupid, we already have an IRC lolololololololololol

jk ily guys <3

I prefer XAT just because I'm not used to IRC I guess, but I'll read your thread and get back to you on that Browny. Also, isn't XAT significantly more colorful and stuff? Idk, I like pretty colors :bee:

:059:

Top Bottom