• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WOC presents: Cold Hand Johns - Sat 26th Jan 2008

OGRE™

Smash Rookie
Caleb played you in friendlies at AR2, and beat you V.A, and I was watching. And he's been to more tournaments, and placed at least 9th in all but two, one where he came 13th, and one where he came 5th. My opinion is pretty considered. Now, you and AmcD is an entirely different story, so you can feel free to argue that one.

VA

Smash Hero
I played him in one friendly, and it was really close, then we had to stop for the tournament, mid game if I remember. Anyway like I said, not fussed for him to receive a seeding over me.

However in my opinion AmcD should not receive a seeding above me, that's all I have to say on it.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
hmm

Mr.P
Zeppo
Reacher
Charles
Frost
Jam
Wes
Ed

Ogre
Davemans
Ryan
Caleb
V.angel
geek
Edwin
j03

imo :/

J03

Smash Master
those arent the seeds lol, i just thought id post some my opinion obvz

they dont matter much, if edwin was a top seed and ed was a high seed it doesnt matter that much

how much can people care about something so trivial lol

if your not seeded then beat a seed, its pretty obvz imo >_<

OGRE™

Smash Rookie
Mr.P
Zeppo
Reacher
Charles
Frost
Jam
Wes
Ogre

Davemans
Ryan
Caleb
B.B
geek
Edwin
Ed
V.angel

Looks fine to me, because it gives Caleb his high seed, and B.B one because he's better then Joe if I'm not mistaken, and me losing my top seed after missing one tournament, when it didn't happen to Euan twice, like I mentioned, would be ********. But other then that, Jam's list is looking the best so far, so go Jam xP

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Mr.P
Zeppo
Reacher
Charles
Frost
Jam
Wes
Ogre

Davemans
Ryan
Caleb
B.B
geek
Edwin
Ed
V.angel

Looks fine to me, because it gives Caleb his high seed, and B.B one because he's better then Joe if I'm not mistaken, and me losing my top seed after missing one tournament, when it didn't happen to Euan twice, like I mentioned, would be ********. But other then that, Jam's list is looking the best so far, so go Jam xP
I think Ogre deserves a top seed as well- 3rd at AR2 remember. What about Coey? he's tied with V.A. IMO.

grayfox

Smash Champion
I reckon Allan should get a seed lol, hes consistantly taken the higher seed spot in the pools of every tourney he's been too.

Also, Coey came in top seed over me in a tourney, put him in lol

ac_anon

Smash Ace
I reckon Allan should get a seed lol, hes consistantly taken the higher seed spot in the pools of every tourney he's been too.

Also, Coey came in top seed over me in a tourney, put him in lol
go me

not that i mind, people seem to get seeded above me all the time despite me having never met them or lost to them, il still get 13th, always happens.

however at least humour me and make me a reserve seed lol

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Question - who the hell is AmcD? (I'll make you eat those words, joe my boy :p) and tbh - obviously I'm biased - But I deserve high seed. Nowhere near top. but high, yes. And like **** should Ed be seeded over Ogre.

Mr.P
Zeppo
Reacher
Charles
Frost
Jam
Wes
Ogre

Davemans
Ryan
Caleb
B.B
geek
Edwin
Ed
V.angel

Amen to the above. I actualy couldent agree more. However - so long as I'm at least high seed, I really don't care. But I'm going to castrate whoever finalizes the list if I'm not.

J03

Smash Master
Top Seeds

Mr.P
Zeppo
Reacher
Charles
Frost
Jam
Wes
Ogre

High Seeds

Ed
Davemans
Ryan
AmcD
Coey
GEEK
Edwin
B.B

Low/Backup seeds

J03
V.angel
Spam
Ac_anon
Caleb
Monty
V3x?
Aiko
Ouch

are there any other candidates for this

this is all obvz ******** >_<

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I think the main thing is that the high and low(so to speak) seeds are distributed fairly so everyones got a shot.That way it doesnt really matter.If the low seeds joe mentioned are distributed equally with the high seeds then it doesnt make a difference whether you're high or low.

But it does matter who is placed with who.Caleb,for example,should be placed with say Coey.VA with BB.Otherwise it disrupts the accuracy-the higher low seeds pair with the lower highs,that way it decides disputes that people have about them being high.

Whatever happens I dont think Ed can be top atm-Ogre has simply been placing higher more consistently for the last few tournaments,and thats all we can really go by.

COEY

Smash Lord
Lmao BulletBen has been trying for ages to get GMC to make some posts. Then Joe makes one little post and all hell breaks loose lol. Seed me or don't w/e, just means i have to upset some poor high seed, as i'm sure half of high seeds at least and all the top seeds would be gutted to lose a set to me. Also i mean yea Caleb has finished 5th and so has Edwin, fair enough that makes them qualified for seeding..... but wait shock horror so have i!!! OMGWTF ^^ But like i said it doesnt matter really aslong as like Zeppo has said lower high seeds get put with higher non seeds. Plus i mean if 40+ ppl show up to this wont it be a 24 man bracket?

Though i think my sig qualifies me for a seed if nothing else.

Aiko

Smash Champion
This is what happens when seeds are made. We will be releasing seeds sometime in the first week of Jan.

Ogre: Caleb is very likely to get a high seed. All the lists here are just speculation, non of it is official.

To answer the question on everyones lips: "whos AmcD?!"
He's a relatively new player from Liverpool, but is arguably the best player out of STFU and WOC. If JO3, CO3Y and B.B are seed worthy, then AmcD is without a doubt. Plus he placed 7th at GT.

COEY

Smash Lord
and 4th in teams
Meh who hasn't done that? :p

And if everyone is in agreement about the top seeds then why not have 16 high seeds and sort them out i mean if its getting to the point where high seeds are becoming unclear and hard to sort then just expand.

COEY

Smash Lord
Lol Allan :) Need an MM with you at this maybe i can make up for AR2 and for quite simply embarassing me on the dance floor xD.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Yeah seeds probably wont be put up till first week of Jan if at all. No point in putting up seeds when they will just get changed the night before the tournament.

J03

Smash Master
top seeds are pretty set

except 8th place between ed and ogre

ogre finished 3rd at some tourney

ed has finished 2nd in some tourney

ogre has been practicing against caleb

ed has been practicing with wes

COEY

Smash Lord
Yeah seeds probably wont be put up till first week of Jan if at all. No point in putting up seeds when they will just get changed the night before the tournament.
Putting up seeds at a time like this means that they can be discussed and refined. It also gives us somethign relevant to talk about so the thread doesnt desend into absolute ****e. (Like the previous thread) It's always good to put them up early to iron everything out so this sort of talk doesnt happen on the day.

monty06

Smash Ace
personaly im not bothered whos seeded to be honest lol. past tournament results are pointless it doesnt help much

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
If Jake doesn't get a top seed then, well, whoever made the list has nowt. He should get it above Ed, me and maybe even Euan.

Caleb and AmcD should both get high seeds imo, and also you should take pokemon stadium off random (I'm going to keep piping on about this until you agree just to shut me up.)

DevMBC

Smash Ace
you've been lying to us phil! night shifts ? ? ? A cunning ploy but it's obvious you've been taking crack !!

Top Bottom