• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WOC presents: Cold Hand Johns - Sat 26th Jan 2008

Mr P

Smash Ace
If Jake doesn't get a top seed then, well, whoever made the list has nowt. He should get it above Ed, me and maybe even Euan.

Caleb and AmcD should both get high seeds imo, and also you should take pokemon stadium off random (I'm going to keep piping on about this until you agree just to shut me up.)
My fox is coming for your ***got marth son. :laugh: your marth is too good now.

No worries though phil, we'll def win teams.

Also post more, your insight is like a beacon of clarity among the piles of **** that is posted here. Eveytime phil posts i feel just a little bit more validated with the exception of when he says ogre might possibly be seeded above me, i agree with jam phil must be on crack in this case.

VA

Smash Hero
I don't think it's very justified to be giving AmcD high seed and me low seed. He's been in my pools every tournament he's been at and lost both to me 2-0 and 2-1. I also played him in a crew battle and while he did take me to 1 stock I still beat him.

Thinking about it, I don't mind not being seeded, however it does seem that the organisers might be a little biased, people are bound to vouch for crew memebers/mates. Seeing as I don't have a crew or friends in the community besides the ones I bring with me, I don't really see anyone saying that I should be a seed.

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
UK now has enough decent players that seeding is hard because there are lots of people who feel they are as good, or better than people who are being seeded ^__^

E.g. To me its prolly obv that Kman and Pro are as good as AMCD/B.B

Whichever way you put it people are going to be annoyed, but other than being called a 'seed' theres not much difference. Coey and AMCD in same pool - Coey's seeded AMCD not - that don't make it any easier for Coey to go through just cause hes called a seed :p

VA

Smash Hero
Whichever way you put it people are going to be annoyed, but other than being called a 'seed' theres not much difference. Coey and AMCD in same pool - Coey's seeded AMCD not - that don't make it any easier for Coey to go through just cause hes called a seed :p
True times.

grayfox

Smash Champion
rofl^

Also i would like to note that no one from London who has not been to a previous -UK- (not London) tourney should get a seed. Remember the whole Davemans fiasco of last time

COEY

Smash Lord
Haha you are right of course, and it's always nice to be mentioned ^^

On a side note i'd better not ****ing get AmcD lol. Apart from the fact that we play at biweeklies oftenish, there is also the fact that he game vs sheik is ****ing gay :D

Aiko

Smash Champion
VA: Nobody has said AmcD is getting a seed over you. Stop moaning about it. In my eyes I'm much more likely to seed you since you've placed twice in RECENT tournaments.

And as for everyone who thinks we're biased, stop talking ****, the list hasn't even been posted yet ffs. I will post it when I get back to liverpool, which will be sometime this week.

I can officially announce the top seeds though:

Wes
Frostbyte
Charles
Zeppo
Jam
Euan
Phil
Jake

AmcD

Smash Ace
We havent even released the seeds and people are moaning that people are getting seeded over them.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I'll be coming back on the 4th aiko, we'll sort them out as best we can then. It's like bronze said really. The bottom end of the high seeds could be filled by a fair few smashers making it akward cos there's only a certain amount of space. I think Most of the players brought up (AmcD, VA, Coey, Lord Rust, Geek, Edwin) deserve a seed but there's only a limited number of spaces so stop having a go at us!!!!

J03

Smash Master
bronze speaks the truth. id jsut like to say (touch wood) that this tourney could potential break the big 40. i would like to know if it does, are we sticking with a 24 man bracket?

also thanks to my brothers snoring i did not sleep very much i spent ages doing some research.
its obvious that there are more then 16 worthy seeds.
so it should be obvious to do what zeppo said, elongate the seeds list and have 3 or maybe even 4 seeds per pool.

J03

Smash Master
also, im offering a MM too all high seeds. just a quid. i think we should have a big round robin too see whose at where.

but well prolly obv not have enough time so im just getting me done :laugh:

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Just to clarify something before I make my point:

Everyone is biased. I don't care who you are or where you are from everyone has a bias and nobody is neutral. This is something you will have to accept at all times. If you do not agree with the final seed list that is made for whatever reason, the answer is pretty obvious. End of the day it is the descision of the host(s). I do ask that you don't pester him/them with lists and requests and ' OMG! WTF are you on!?!?! I well deserve a seed, just give me the **** seed. ' You have NO IDEA how much of a headache this gives.

That being said, everyone has an opinion, they should all be heard. Just don't spam to get your point across, it's annoying. if you feel the point needs re-iterating by all means do, just post something new, conclusive and reasonable. Not the exact same point you made last page.

My opinion is based on recent results, personal experience and logical deduction from my point of view (In that order) and is as follows:

High Seeds (Random Order):

Kone
V.Angel
B.B
C03Y
Davemans
Lord Rust
Geek
Ryan

Mid Seeds (In order):

AmcD
Edwin
Anon
Spam
Kman
J03
Ouch
V3x?

Reasoning behind AmcD:

This is the only player I really feel I need to give a reason as to why he is not high seeded. This is simply because of his lack of results. Whilst he did place 7th at SmashGT I feel Lord Rust has proven himself a better player with more turnouts and a more consistent level of play. Last (And Only) tournament attended by both players was AR2, with Lord Rust placing 9th and AmcD not placing.

The Mid seeds are only in order to allow for people to be moved up in the case of a high seed flaking, to help pairing up with high seeds and in case of a 24 man bracket (which given the scope of this tournament really should be happening I reckon).

J03

Smash Master
true times. but its very obvious that edwin is better then most people on that list. he should be top end of the high seeds.

other then that its a good list

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
One tournament will not do it for seeding. Especially not one with an absentee list covering nearly a third of the actual turnout.

Same thing happened at AR2. C03Y was originally not going to be seeded, despite placing 5th at TNJ2.

I stand by my list.

COEY

Smash Lord
Maybe Edwin and Amcd should be high seeds but i can see where you are coming from. I mean at the end of the day in a 16 man bracket usually all four 13th place spots are taken by players who finished 2nd in pools, and generally 2nd place in pools goes to the high seed in the pool. So by this logic you have a 1 in 2 chance of having a player who will place 13th in your pool. And if you think you should be getting 5th of 7th or w/e then you can't really John, beat your high seed so that next tourney you can clearly deserve your spot in the high seedings.

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
"I really don't care. But I'm going to castrate whoever finalizes the list if I'm not."

lol good times
Pssh. I care not for your mortal observations.

Fuurthermore. I think what BBs saying makes alot of sense - including the bit where he indirectly told me to shut up xD In the end, it is down to the host. If I'd have had this much crap with TNJ, I'd have just stopped reading the thread.

And last, but by no means least. Will people just ****ing stop spamming? This isnt even my thread, and it vexes me nonetheless. Especialy PDOT, you gormless invalid. Say something worth reading or stop polluting the internet xD This goes doubly for anybody bloody quoting him. You people are the reason I stopped posting :p

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Pssh. I care not for your mortal observations.

Fuurthermore. I think what BBs saying makes alot of sense - including the bit where he indirectly told me to shut up xD In the end, it is down to the host. If I'd have had this much crap with TNJ, I'd have just stopped reading the thread.

And last, but by no means least. Will people just ****ing stop spamming? This isnt even my thread, and it vexes me nonetheless. Especialy PDOT, you gormless invalid. Say something worth reading or stop polluting the internet xD This goes doubly for anybody bloody quoting him. You people are the reason I stopped posting :p
Then please stop posting again?

Greatly appreciated.

ac_anon

Smash Ace
Maybe Edwin and Amcd should be high seeds but i can see where you are coming from. I mean at the end of the day in a 16 man bracket usually all four 13th place spots are taken by players who finished 2nd in pools, and generally 2nd place in pools goes to the high seed in the pool. So by this logic you have a 1 in 2 chance of having a player who will place 13th in your pool. And if you think you should be getting 5th of 7th or w/e then you can't really John, beat your high seed so that next tourney you can clearly deserve your spot in the high seedings.
ah but this doesnt take into account the law of british smash which states that ac_anon (me) will always take 13th no more no less no matter who he has to play. and you know how the song goes "i fought the law and the law won" :laugh:

good point though

J03

Smash Master
davemans has been to one tourney and finshed 5th, same as EDWIN!!!!

how can you put one in the high seeds and not the other, im sorry but edwin deserves a high seed.

also jam and ed, can you ring dan too see if he wants to come to this??

J03

Smash Master
----------Tournament>>>TNJ2----AR2----GT

Seeds.

Kone------------------------9th----n/a----7th

V.Angel--------------------- OIP----9th----9th

B.B--------------------------9th----7th-----n/a

C03Y------------------------5th----13th---9th

Davemans------------------n/a----7th----n/a

Lord Rust-------------------5th----9th----n/a

Geek----------------------- n/a----9th----n/a

Ryan----------------------- n/a----9th----n/a

AmcD-----------------------n/a----OIP----7th

Edwin-----------------------n/a---- n/a----5th

Anon------------------------n/a----13th---n/a

Spam-----------------------9th----n/a---13th

Kman-----------------------n/a----n/a----9th

J03-------------------------OIP----13th---13th

Ouch------------------------7th----n/a----OIP

V3x?------------------------n/a----n/a----9th

tournament results. any before TNJ2 are pretty outdated

conclusions (lol)

Davemans should be seeded much higher as none of the other seeds have finished 5th. in face he would be top of the list if he attended GT for sure.

Edwin should get a seed above Davemans as he finsihed 5th in a more recent tourney, cant really bring attendance into it as no tourney since AR1 has had close to full attendance.

By these results Coey should be seeded just inbetween Edwin and Davemans.

Spam, Vex and kman should also be seeded above geek and ryan, according to results. but Amcd having finished above all of them in the most recent tournmey should be seeded above them all lol.

ive also done some simple degrades over time and the seed list should look more like this.

High

Edwin
Coey
Kone
Davemans
VA
Rust
BB
AmcD

Mid

Spam
Kman
Vex?
Geek
Ryan
J03
Ouch
Anon

=)

i think its worth noticing that after all this only two people have been switched out of high seeding into Mid :laugh:

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
No worries though phil, we'll def win teams.
Yaaaaas teams is what it's all about. If everyone turns up it'll be well good.

Sod the dropping PS idea then seeing as no-one's interested :(, but seriously you should make the bracket matches all best of 5.

Oh and for what it's worth I'd seed AmcD and Edwin above V.A. and COEY.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Then please stop posting again?

Greatly appreciated.
Shut up pdot. You wouldn't know this cos you don't ****ing travel but Lord Rust happens to be an excellent player who is definately better than you for one. And Pdot, face the facts you are one of the worse spammers on smashboards.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Shut up pdot. You wouldn't know this cos you don't ****ing travel but Lord Rust happens to be an excellent player who is definately better than you for one. And Pdot, face the facts you are one of the worse spammers on smashboards.
loool WOW, calm down.
No need to insult the player on his ability.
If he is the worst spammer doesnt that mean he post valuable information most of the time....?

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I dont give a **** how good he is or who he is for that matter.

What point are you trying to make there?

Bunch of *****es

And like I said, you shouldnt judge a player by how much they've traveled lolz..thats why you gonna be upset when prof pro or chrisboi 4stocks you.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
That is kinda true, what kind of point were you making by saying he is a better player then him.
Isit that he is a better player so PDOT is not allowed to say whats on his mind?

Top Bottom