• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WOC presents: Cold Hand Johns - Sat 26th Jan 2008

Aiko

Smash Champion
WOC presents: Cold Hand Johns - 26th Jan 2008 Confirmed
Wings of Corruption presents Cold Hand Johns or CHJ for short.

Date (confirmed):
Saturday 26th January 2008

Time (confirmed):
10am - 8pm

Venue (confirmed):
Liverpool Spiritualist Church
14 Daulby Street
Liverpool
Merseyside
L3 5NX

The venue is literally across the road from the main housing and is probably the nicest venue you will go to in the British smash circuit. Its nearly twice as big as the GT hall plus there is a small side room where people can have friendlies during event matches. Venue and date is now confirmed so people can start booking their travel. Housing is available Friday 25th and Saturday 26th.

Cost:
£5 - Singles
£10 per team - Doubles
£5 - Venue (This cost applies to everyone regardless of what events they enter)

Prize:
Singles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th/5th - Entry fee £5

Doubles - TBA

Housing:

Aiko's and Bulletbill's
D19b Opal Court
London Road
Liverpool
L3 8HR

The main flat can house around 15-20 people. Other people who are not involved in smash live here so your cooperation in keeping it peaceful and odour free is necessary.

We also have a house (kindly donated by will) within a 5 minute walk from the main flat where we can house another 15-20 people. This house will be reserved for people who want to go to sleep early as the neighbours do not want noise late at night.

Travel:

Train - Take the train to Liverpool Lime Street Station and give me a call, since the location is only a 5-10 minute walk.
Coach - Coach to Liverpool and call me. It's a 5 minute walk to the location.

Aiko - fisheatcorn@hotmail.com

BulletBill - bentondestruction@hotmail.co.uk

Rules:

BYOC - This is imperative, there will be no spare controllers, nobody will bring a controller for you. So you must Bring Your Own Controller!!

Controller Rules

Due to the lack of original Cube controllers found in shops, I am allowing Mad Catz, Logic 3, Wavebird and other 3rd Party controllers. I ask you all to watch your opponents controllers at any point when you feel it's safe to do so, or if you think they may be cheating. I will be walking around as well and watching and if I see anyone I suspect of cheating I will have the game paused and the controller tested as is.

VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE RULES WILL BE PUNISHED!

You will be eliminated from the tournament, you will lose any game you were playing and any sets you may have yet to play will be classed as a loss for you. You will not be refunded any amount of money you may have paid and you will be disallowed entry to any other events happening that day.

To All Those Bringing/Using Wavebirds!!

Due to the way Wavebirds work, there are extra rules surrounding their use. First off, if I catch you cheating by having an accomplice play your game for you using the wavebird channel system, you will both be disqualified from all events immediately. Your money will not be refunded.

Second, due to the wireless technology in Wavebirds you may experience lag from the controller signals, interference or accidental channel stealing from other players. This WILL NOT be accepted as an excuse for a loss or an in game technicality. If you are bringing a Wavebird and intend to use said Wavebird in tournament play, you are accepting any and all possible risks that come with it's use.

In order to minimise confusion and accidental cross-channelling (A term I just made up, where two players use the same channel by accident, causing weird effects) I reccomend that everyone intending to use a wavebird in this tournament either PM me or post in this thread that you are intending to do so. If not, tell me on the day when you register that you will be doing as such. With this in place I can assign channel numbers that players are to use on the day and minimise accidental cross-channeling.

Singles and Doubles:

-Best of 3 Set
-4 stock per person
-7 minutes time limit
-Advanced Slob Picks

-No items
-Wobbling is banned

Stages:

We are using the French rules for this tournament to prepare people for Epita. The ruling on stages is:

-First match is random from Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium and Dreamland 64.
-Counterpicks are Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's story, Fountain of Dreams and Battlefield.
-You cannot counterpick the last level you won on.
-There are no stage bannings at the beginning of the set.

Heres a link to the French ruleset - http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=111223

---

The previous thread was closed due to the ridiculous amount of **** patter, mostly due to p.vanity. Anymore spam will result in a 1 week ban courtesy of Nihonjin. Have a good day.

Aiko

Smash Champion
I'm not singling out any one person for the closure of the thread.

P.vanity, if you were bored, you should've gone and done something else instead of spam the CHJ thread. I would reccomend learning a certain song so you can go rick roll yourself.

Bullet Bill, i agree the spam was unacceptable, however, your response was unnecessary and did not help the thread.

ToS, um yeah, let me or AmcD make the thread.

Anyway, I didn't want to take this route, but any more major BS from anyone will result in them being banned from CHJ. At the moment only p.vanity is worthy of being banned, but hey, it could be anyone else next. I'm pretty sorry it has to be like this but, the last 30 pages of the last thread was atrocious.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Will we be seeing the seeds then?

Also, just seen the French rules, good times = O been wanting to play a tourney with those for ages

Aiko

Smash Champion
maybe in january. I still havent got a clear picture of whos coming. From what I know, ppl coming are WOC (obv), STFU, GMC, Mafia?, SDB?, Vanity angel and his crew, and some londoners. Im not sure on R&F, TT and the other londoners although its probs safe to say charles and frostpipe will be coming. Once I know another crew and few ppl can make it, seeds will be released. Or 2 weeks before the tournament, whichever comes first.

Seed list has already been made, including back ups for flakers but will not be disclosed until ready. Skeleton pools will not be revealed, even if they are even made.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
lmao
another one for the top facts of uk smash me thinks LOL

amsah's my hero <3

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
For those who missed my post in the previous thread:

Any form of spam in this new thread will instantly result into a 1 week ban, this is your first and only warning.

Thank you :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Thankyou Nihonjin :). So about attendance Aiko STFU is pretty much coming unless someone can't make it and Oniboy and smudge. GMC say their coming which is good. We're still not sure about the mafia. Z will prob come but Reacher, Anon and P are a maybe (that I know of) I have no clue if Davemans or Geek is coming. Ed and Wes is coming but I'm not sure who else is coming from Newcastle. I think Jam is coming but I don't know. VA and his lot wil be coming. Charles and Frostbyte are coming. As for the other London players I don't really know. P.pro and frozenwave are the only players that said they might be coming. Can any of the Londoners that are thinking of coming to this get yourseves organised i.e. Cheap tickets, lifts, and post here to say who's coming and who's not.

SPECIAL OFFER- ANY LONDONER THAT TURNS UP TO CHJ GETS A FREE COOKIE!!!!!!!! offer applies only to residents of London. Cookie is non refundable

J03

Smash Master
are you actually coming ryantaru =)

this shall be good times, the best of times

cyanide and happiness is obvz amazing.

i look forward to finally having a rematch!

my one-move sheik shall beat your no-jump samus, it shall be EPIC

monty06

Smash Ace
i probs mite drive to this cant be bothered with travel by coach do u nee any tvs cant promise anything but could bring 4 tvs 1 set up

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Urm...hello, well...yeah sorry to ant, ben, ninhonjin and whoever else my spam fest annoyed/bottherd. I'm guessing i did get carried away, but...i was drunk AND it was christmas eve loool. Not making johns, just take it into concideration ^_^
So...yeah sorry.
And thank-you kieran for pointing out to everyone i was drunk and what-not.

On another note, i'll be coming to this, if ofc am not banned ^____^

J03

Smash Master
good ****, im sure more tv's are always welcome monty ^_^

also, see if anyone else wants a lift, extra fuel money would be good times for you and the extra turnout good for us ^_^

grayfox

Smash Champion
are you actually coming ryantaru =)

this shall be good times, the best of times

cyanide and happiness is obvz amazing.

i look forward to finally having a rematch!

my one-move sheik shall beat your no-jump samus, it shall be EPIC
XD a match of epic proportions

Yeah prolly will come, unless i have a sudden change of heart/am banned from the tourney.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
was bored today

began making a combo video

put a load of london videos in it

london combo vid coming soon i guess

lolz

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Can you wait just a teeny bit longer to release it because i have some clips you could/should use with me so let me give it to you.
Im guessing the seeds arent going to get posted then?

P.S. IWR Cant do comboes, fuzzyness sheik montage dont count as sheik has instant comboes lol

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
I should be there unless work gives me a surprise nightmare.

You should make all bracket matches best of 5 if there's time. And take Pokemon stadium off random lol.

Aiko

Smash Champion
mad contradiction Z, well spotted. It was a test for people, and you were the only one who passed ;)

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Can you wait just a teeny bit longer to release it because i have some clips you could/should use with me so let me give it to you.
Im guessing the seeds arent going to get posted then?

P.S. IWR Cant do comboes, fuzzyness sheik montage dont count as sheik has instant comboes lol
im not releasing in any time soon

Kone

Smash Master
phil, you on crack mate? take ps of random? id rather eat my own ****.

hopefully this tourney be better than its threads ha

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
nice craptalk pdot ;D and i should have a capture card when i get home, um I'm hosting a smashfest tommorow if anyone wants to attend go for it (barkingside obv)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
im not releasing in any time soon
ARE YOU COMING!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS Didn't you read my post? And Londoners- don't talk about London stuff in here, only tournament related stuff (If you're coming or not). Can someone get Spam to post as everyone I've spoken to a few Londoners that say they'd only come if R&F give them a lift.

Aiko- Banning people from the tournament :dizzy: What the hell? If I still have a say in this (which I should cos I'm one of the hosts) then I suggest we shouldn't do this.

grayfox

Smash Champion
I think all of this is silly. The spam was pretty bad times in the previous thread, this is true, but uk threads have never been known for their intellectual discussions or input and progression!

As long as you guys get what you need to run the tourney without the thread getting in a state i don't see why we can't spam a bit lol. The thread will be empty if all there is is tourney organisation malarky, most of its sorted over msn anyways lol.

As for banning someone from the tourney because they posted a bit too much on a tourney thread - thats just rediculous XD

Aiko

Smash Champion
i didn't want to bring it to that, as i've said its bad stuff, but if it keeps ppl in check then i'll do it if i think its necessary. its not as if i HAVE banned someone.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
mad contradiction Z, well spotted. It was a test for people, and you were the only one who passed ;)

This is up there with some of the worst johns I've ever heard.

Also,I dont think I'd trust anyone in the Northwest with deciding seeds,so I think you should post them so they can be discussed/thread explode with arguments.

Mr P

Smash Ace
spam is exactly what it is, worthless.

the UK has NEVER been this bad for spam and the thing is i wouldnt even care if you did post 5 times in a row as long as the posts were funny or you actually had something to say rather than posting for the sake of posting.

I know lets go back to the good old days and argue about how gay camping is, someone get deca and pictish back i actually miss them compared to this pisch.

Oh my goodness i just got word that Z had his haircut be prepared, he's finally gone the way of the man. on an unrelated note my hair used to be longer than Z's

UPDATE: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz...nAffleck_Vespa_152636.jpg.html?hint=nm0000255

Actual picture he used to describe the new doo, maybe not that manly afterall hahahahahaha

Top Bottom