• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Witchhunt 1

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Why the underlined? [Believing Chaco was really ignorant about the possible roles]
Because he doubled down on not getting what you were driving at. And then was suspicious of you for his misunderstood reason he assumed you had. This is a level of true misunderstanding I don't think Chaco could fake. Therefore he really didn't actually read the roles in the OP. (And is very unlikely to be scum)

Why do you assume I have no opinions on other players? You didn't even ask me if I did until this post.
I meant hadn't shown your opinions. Can you please post a full reads list?

Why should Sabrar comment on my confirmation post? You're digging hard.
You had Sabrar have had this running gag/tell about confirmation posts I assumed the 10puppies was a continuation of that. What did 10puppies mean?

Are you switching to me me me?? :love:
Why wait? If you think I'm scum you would have voted for me already. Or are you fishing for support from the other players?
Yes, you have my attention. But it's more just PoE, not that you've done anything particularly scummy. I need more info from you to sort you, I'm not declaring you scum yet.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
QUOTE="Sabrar, post: 24182487, member: 461883"]
b was willingness to yeet early, c was pressuring tactic. All of the reasons you later describe are basically c. I totally agree that it is standard procedure to pressure people to generate content but then why even bring up b in your original answer?
[/QUOTE] C only works as pressure if there is a tiny bit of B in there. Of course I'm obligated to always say there's some B even if there isn't, or C doesn't work.

I mentioned you throwing votes around in #80, with the c option being the no follow-up. You did not object to that scenario at that time, in fact it was part of your answer. So how come that you later use that exact thing to justify your vote on me?
I don't object to the factual description. I object to calling that behavior scummy (in this case).

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
anything other than him aligning with you on Boom as positive material for his towniness? absence of overt scum pings doesn't sit well with me bro when xivii hasn't done much to begin with

mannnnnnn could be xivii/chaco and thats not a team I wanna play against in no flip =(

bessie

Smash Journeyman
You had Sabrar have had this running gag/tell about confirmation posts I assumed the 10puppies was a continuation of that. What did 10puppies mean?
Because "Confirm." didn't have enough characters to make the post. And I think I do remember Sabrar using "10puppies" instead of "10characters".

And analyzing confirmation posts is NOT a running gag. It is something I was quite serious about and I caught Djehutynakht in Vaniliafia based on his confirmation post. And almost caught SDK in Dark Tower I soooo regret not pursuing that. The reason most people on xkcd went to using only the word "confirm" was ME ME ME!!!!

I must say that I REALLY REALLY miss having everyone confirm in thread because the 10 character requirement would give me so much interesting data to analyze.

Xivii Xivii , #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame : why is bessie your top town read?
Because I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!

fontisian

Smash Champion
Votecount 1.4
Xivii (2): FrozenFlame(#28), KingBooGengar57 (#254)
BoomFrog (2): Chaco (#102), Xivii (#283)

Not voting: Bessie, Sabrar, BoomFrog (#215)

Day One ends on December 5th at 9:00PM EST.

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog I had another question for you in #267, please answer.
I was just thinking about that in the shower.

Why was this [strategy question] important for you?
I am wondering why you didn't offer your strategy suggestions. I expected you to respond unprompted. Deviation from expected Sabrar is a yellow flag. But I dropped it because I've gotten other strong town tells and I vaguely recall times you've been called out for not getting into mechanics but you were town. And I know it's annoying to get pidgin holed into a caricature of yourself in this game.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Another shower thought. #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Your "I was just kidding about town reading Boo" is hella convenient for scum!FrozenFlame. What was your thought process with that little test?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
And analyzing confirmation posts is NOT a running gag.
I'm well aware that is been ligit, that is why I said "gag slash tell". Anyway, character limit makes sense. And you have to admit I was right that you were thinking of Sabrar when you posted it.

Anyway, I await your reads list with baited breath.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
And I know it's annoying to get pidgin holed into a caricature of yourself in this game.
Appreciate the thought. I think given the nature of this game (particularly the no-flip, Last Stand and the Angel/Demon aspects) most strategy discussion should happen on D2.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yes, this is the basic example. There are one or two other scenarios where knowing which role was killed would offer scum a better plan, but I agree that this advantage is small and situational. Still, as we can't even trust the truthfulness of the claim I think the safer option is not to do it.

Xivii Xivii , #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame : why is bessie your top town read?
She's being carefree. You made a comment that it's NAI, but I disagree. Last game I mentioned that scum!bessie has a hard time seeing the things she would respond to as town and it comes off as non-engaged. Specifically, her questioning Chaco about the rolefish is not something I think she'd be inclined to do as scum because she would think that town!bessie would stay silent so as to not out you as Oracle. I also don't think she would then also accidentally role fish #132. That being said, she could be incorporating my evaluation from last game into her play, but we talked about it after the game and she didn't quite see what I meant.

I beg to ask. Why haven't you put yourself on the list?
It's fairly normal to commit yourself from the read list. As Frozen or Sabrar mentioned earlier, since you're the only one that you know is town, it makes sense for you to be at the top of your list, so it also isn't necessary to include yourself as that is assumed.

because like no other slot other than his could get away with blatantly ignoring or failing to appropriately answer questions from the rest of the players
I'm offended. As is BoomFrog BoomFrog .

Xivii Xivii we ever gonna talk about this or?
It's no longer necessary.

Yea, before protection hit.

Xivii you know that isnt good enough to sell me have some respect
Just speaking it as it is. Your scumhunting has been based on the idea that I'm scum and it's leading you all over the place. I made a deliberate choice to play this way before game and I stated so in the sign-up thread. Trying to metaread me isn't going to be effective and I have no intention on altering my style.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Yea, before protection hit.
Please explain this in more detail. Unless we yeet Survivalist D1 (or yeet DOB who shoots Survivalist) Hunter won't shoot N1 so we can talk about directing his potential shot during D2. Why does protection matter here?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Appreciate the thought. I think given the nature of this game (particularly the no-flip, Last Stand and the Angel/Demon aspects) most strategy discussion should happen on D2.
it bothers me that I called out boom on inventing the "soup" mechanic first and was the first to eveb mention last stand and no flip this phase especially ahead of sabrar, am I wrong for having this reaction? just feels wrong

Sabrar

Smash Ace
it bothers me that I called out boom on inventing the "soup" mechanic first and was the first to eveb mention last stand and no flip this phase especially ahead of sabrar, am I wrong for having this reaction? just feels wrong
5 minutes after opting in I already had all my strategy plans ready. Are you seriously calling dibs on mentioning them in thread first?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Youre saying you had macro strat locked in 5 mins after sign up and you're saying Im wrong for being surprised you havent even tried to get people to talk about how no flip and last stand impact EV adjustments from the standard meta? Foh

Top Bottom