• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Witchhunt 1

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar painting that as "He's throwing votes without follow-up" is not a fair assessment.
I mentioned you throwing votes around in #80, with the c option being the no follow-up. You did not object to that scenario at that time, in fact it was part of your answer. So how come that you later use that exact thing to justify your vote on me?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If God meld evil onto ye, then free ye must be,
For the unchained demand opportunity for malignity.
The genesis of universal sin is granted only to the privileged,
For under His grace, doth ye desire to be favored or sinless?

I literally forgot what I am.
I've been thinking about this, and the way Boo has been acting generally about his role, and I think it's more likely to come from a scum perspective. Town, especially new town are generally more concerned with the powers they can do than they are with their alignment, so I'd expect Town!Boo's role to be salient from his perspective. Scum!Boo, however, would have been given an extra role to claim, along with knowledge of his partner's role, which I think is more in line with his aloofness.

To see where your head is at so I can judge you on how you judge me.
I'm having trouble seeing why this is information is necessary from town!your perspective? What does my answer tell you?
That's actually fair. Can't help how Boo responds. ¯\(ツ)/¯
What part is fair?

Xivii Xivii Xivii Xivii was it TIL where you withheld early Boom reads cause you had been wrong about him and wanted a more in depth look before casting suspicion? Did Apex change that mindset?
I think Completely Vanilla. Although actually yeah, TIL as well (the difference is that I scum read him in the former and town read him in the latter, but still reserved judgement in both). Apex hasn't necessarily changed that mindset, but there are some tells I picked up on that I think are reliable (he hasn't done the big one that I'm looking for, but thinking about it, it's probably not something I'll be able to use this game anyway given the nature of it).

#HBC | FrozeηFlame - Scum!Frozen got burned hard in Midnight for floating ideas against the crowd. I don't recall indy!frozen floating anything radical in Apex. Sure survivor plays differently then Mafia, but still, I don't think scum!Frozen proposes it. There's one little test in the water left for frozen, but I'm learning town.
I think it's within his scum realm. As I mentioned the last game, I've only seen Frozen push for things like a mass claim as scum. Him ending up being indy validates that. (I do actually town read his push for Boo to claim though).

KingBooGengar57 - I actually like his list from a super noobie perspective. I'll explain more after he explains his own list. His vote on me after my vote on him also fits the noobie town perspective. Town feel self righteous and scum feel guilty..
No.

My meaning was I didn't follow up because I wanted to see what Frozen and Boo would do when I backed off.
You said that you switched off of Frozen because he was L-1 and Boo to pressure me. So what is it exactly that you were looking for? How would town/scum them react by you backing off?

E.g. if scum knows that we just lynched the GD then their claimspace remains open if we yeet one of them next.
I'm still not sure I follow. Is it that you're saying if they know GD isn't around, they can claim their partner's role? I feel like this isn't a huge negative relative to us having an idea of who was lynched and what roles are in play? Like we're playing this completely blind. We need something to go off of. We have GD, but my concern is it being scum or killed off without us ever knowing.

yea xivii why are you trying to make kingboo look bad bro?
This is townie af.

bessie
frozen
chaco
sabrar
boo
Boom

I'd yeet either of Boom or Boo. I think I prefer Boom just because he's harder to lynch / a bigger threat, especially in a game this size. To be honest, I don't want to lynch either of you Day 1 since this is Boo's first game and Boom is Boom, but I do think scum is likely between you two and I have reasons to town read everyone else.

Vote: Boom

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
This is townie af.

bessie
frozen
chaco
sabrar
boo
Boom

I'd yeet either of Boom or Boo. I think I prefer Boom just because he's harder to lynch / a bigger threat, especially in a game this size. To be honest, I don't want to lynch either of you Day 1 since this is Boo's first game and Boom is Boom, but I do think scum is likely between you two and I have reasons to town read everyone else.

Vote: Boom
I beg to ask. Why haven't you put yourself on the list?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Is it that you're saying if they know GD isn't around, they can claim their partner's role?
Yes, this is the basic example. There are one or two other scenarios where knowing which role was killed would offer scum a better plan, but I agree that this advantage is small and situational. Still, as we can't even trust the truthfulness of the claim I think the safer option is not to do it.

Xivii Xivii , #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame : why is bessie your top town read?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xivii Xivii , #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame : why is bessie your top town read?
these posts:

After Xivii answers this I would like to know why you asked this question.

Nice rolefishing.

My take is that Xivii would like KingBooGengar57 to react before I answer this question.
Yeah should we just eliminate Sabrar?
Are you suspicious of Sabrar, and what is the reason?
first post actually feels genuinely inquisitive and not the fluff **** she was posting D1 in APEX

her posts responding to my request to be buddies with her feel town because I think she wanted to play along with me make me more open to her so she could coax more out of me re: my reads to better read me if that makes sense

not saying it's beyond her scum range but this doesn't feel like APEX bessie who was fluffier and more petty, though maybe she was throwing intentionally in APEX to set up RR and boom for the bus

idk I just don't feel like bessie tries to "take advantage" of my offer to buddy her the way she did. I think scum!bessie just lets my buddy offer ride and lets me do my own thing. I dont think she actually tries to parse out my sab read like that, like she essentially started quizzing me when she could have just opportunistically agreed with me that you were scummy and encouraged me to tunnel there

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been thinking about this, and the way Boo has been acting generally about his role, and I think it's more likely to come from a scum perspective. Town, especially new town are generally more concerned with the powers they can do than they are with their alignment, so I'd expect Town!Boo's role to be salient from his perspective. Scum!Boo, however, would have been given an extra role to claim, along with knowledge of his partner's role, which I think is more in line with his aloofness.
I inflated my ranking of boo to try to bait you into switching your read to town on him, you didn't take it how lame and town indicative

I generally vibe with this take, the way boo has been acting about his claim definite comes off as artificial aloofness and Im having a hard time parsing if that's like a nooby defense mechanism to rationalize his general lack of experience/familiarity with strategy or if it's just clumsy scum overplaying his newness/aloofness to give that "I'm not afraid/I don't feel guilty about ****" vibe that boom was talking about as a baseline for how newer players tend to feel in roles of town/scum respectively

I also find it really frustrating that he constantly dances around peoples' requests because like no other slot other than his could get away with blatantly ignoring or failing to appropriately answer questions from the rest of the players

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The reason I said I don't have a target is because I haven't decided who to use my hunter power on.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
well of course, I'm not asking you to commit to anything in any official capacity. obviously by the time your power actually does activate, you will ostensibly have more information available to you to use to help you better decide whether to even use your hunter shot and if so, who to use it on

all I'm asking is if you had to pick right now, who would it be? again, I understand that this decision could and likely would change when you have more info to work with

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57 if you don't mind my asking, how old are you? serious question but if you don't feel comfortable answering that's fine, but I think knowing will genuinely help me read you

to make it fair, I will tell you I'm 30 years old

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
that explains a lot and I don't mean that in a condescending way

your posting style reminds me of a lot of the more casual players who would float in and out of games here on smashboards 15 years ago when I first started playing when I was 15 years old hahahaha, I was guessing you were very young but wasn't sure how young and wanted to make sure

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
re: #308, boo what about that post specifically though? is there a particular argument you think is wrong/bad/misleading in xivii's post you quoted? do you think he is misrepresenting you and if so how? or do you just not like the fact that he's attacking you?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Re: #309 It's so that no one suspects that they're cheating themselves out to hide information on themselves.

Re: #310 I'm a ****. It's because I'm offended that he attacked me.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Re: #309 It's so that no one suspects that they're cheating themselves out to hide information on themselves.
can you clarify this a bit? I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. I'm confused what you mean by "so no one suspects that they're cheating themselves out"
Re: #310 I'm a ****. It's because I'm offended that he attacked me.
I respect your candor here lol

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
What I mean is that they need to put themselves on their lists so that they don't stand out from the rest as being more suspicious.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
What I mean is that they need to put themselves on their lists so that they don't stand out from the rest as being more suspicious.
so are you saying that a person refusing to attempt rank their own towniness objectively is suspicious? like they're trying to hide something? if so, what information are you looking to get out of a person's self assessment?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
kingboo also please know that I'm not trying to annoy you with a barrage of questions, you're just the only one here right now and Im bored and trying to sort you while I wait for the others to show back up

Top Bottom