• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Witchhunt 1

fontisian

Smash Champion
There were 14 of you in this nice, peaceful village. Then all of a sudden, one night, one of your number turns up dead, with witchcraft the obvious cause. You have witches hiding in your midst, and something tells you there are three. It's magic. Don't question it.

So, you decide to execute one of your number daily, after a healthy discussion, until all of these evildoers are eradicated from your village. Sure, you'll probably kill some innocents along the way - but it sounded like a great idea when you were drunk.

The Roles
Some roles use the Reveal keyword. Roles that can Reveal publicly confirm themselves as their role in order to use their power. While any player may claim to be any role, you can only Reveal as a role if you are in-fact, that role.

After a player chooses to Reveal their role by publicly stating it in thread or privately telling the mod, the mod will make a post to process and confirm this action. If the player states their reveal in the thread, do not post afterwards, wait for the mod to confirm and resolve the Reveal.

Holy

Priest - Each night, you may check if a player is in the Witch Coven.

Information

Gravedigger - At the start of each night, you learn the Role and Player Type of whoever died to the Elimination that day.

Oracle - At the start of the game, you learn the identity of a random Village Commoner.

Defense

Survivalist - You start the game with an extra life.

Gambler - At the start of the game, pick even or odd. On those nights (but not days), you are protected from a kill.

Offense

Judge - At the end of any day the players fail to select a player to eliminate, you may privately decide yourself, ignoring any extra lives that player may have.

Hunter - The first time a player survives being killed, you may kill a player other than yourself the following night.

Dirty Old ******* - Once per game when your death is announced, you may Reveal your role and kill a player.

Livelist
bessie bessie
BoomFrog BoomFrog
Chaco Chaco
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame
KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57
Sabrar Sabrar
Xivii Xivii

Day One ends on December 5th at 9:00PM EST.

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

Any questions can be directed to me in your QuickTopics or in discord (fonti#3081), and I will respond as quickly as possible. Good luck, and have fun!

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
vote FrozenFlame

For feeling self conscious about RVS and feeling he has to force a jokey reason to vote. This is a serious vote.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hi, I'm Xivii. BF's lock-town. That's all for today.
But which “BF is lock town” is this? The “lock town” where you’re trying to convince him that you think he’s town when you really think he’s scum? Or legit lock town?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
But which “BF is lock town” is this? The “lock town” where you’re trying to convince him that you think he’s town when you really think he’s scum?
I don't think I would ever falsify my reads in this way.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
5. No Forum Abuse (No Edits)
This forum has certain features that are undesireable for a smooth game, that we require players to ignore. Do not edit your posts. Do not stalk the online forum status of players that have it enabled on their profile.
KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57 please don't edit your posts in the future

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57 We all know eachother, perhaps too well, so getting to know you is going to be one of the best ways for us to generate useful content here. So please talk. A lot.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Woah 3 edits lol. Just reply to us individually or however works for you. I’m curious as to why you edited that post 3 times but didn’t respond to any questions directed towards you about the vote, and even when I asked you a question preceding your first post.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Seems like everyone wants attention here don't they? Anyways, the reasoning behind the edits is due to a lack of proper wording or elaboration if you will.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Votecount 1.1
FrozenFlame (2): Xivii (#2), KingBooGengar57 (#13)
BoomFrog (1): Chaco (#3)
Sabrar (1): FrozenFlame(#7)
KingBooGengar57 (1): BoomFrog (#16)

Day One ends on December 5th at 9:00PM EST.

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

Last edited:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Avoiding attention would be the red flag, imo.

I have more to say but I’m not gonna taint progression until after Boom is answered.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seems like everyone wants attention here don't they? Anyways, the reasoning behind the edits is due to a lack of proper wording or elaboration if you will.
not necessarily attention though villagers tend to be less afraid of attention all things equal

what we are looking for is interaction so we can read each other better, so don't think we're pinging you to harass you or anything, we're just trying to get a read on you

but as others have said, please do not edit posts in this game in the future, having a written paper trail is a core aspect of the game and editing fundamentally alters that. if you keep editing posts the moderator will be forced to modkill you for cheating

so again, what is a "universal vote?" What did you mean by that?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Unvote: FrozenFlame
Vote: BoomFrog

I was just going with the majority on the previous vote I did. That's my explanation and all the "Universal Vote" bullcrap. Anyways, unvoting that.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
So why are you switching now to BoomFrog? What do you find scummy about him?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Why did that require multiple edits then to get to that point? That’s more so what I was thinking from the get go, you say you edited it for elaboration but took away any context.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Something feels off about 'im. He's asking me to talk a lot. Maybe he's trying to coax me into sharing some stuff.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I'm also asking you to talk a lot. We haven't played with you before so we are not familiar with your style. The best way to get to know you is if you interact with us (as FrozenFlame said).

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Questions are something that make me aggro. I have to answer them. But I can't get enough of them especially when they're excessive. We've finally got to the point about the edit. Move on.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
How do you play this game if not by asking questions to other players? Would you rather talk coordinating strategy with regards to the roles?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Something feels off about 'im. He's asking me to talk a lot. Maybe he's trying to coax me into sharing some stuff.
Don't share anything about your role obviously. But give us some context, where have you played mafia before, how do they usually play?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay that explains it then. I was under the assumption from your first post you had. Which is why I asked immediately where you had played if any where, so I could get a feel for your style.

If questions aggravate you, Mafia will be a huge irritant I’m afraid to say. It’s all about motive, questions, elaboration and questioning your own thoughts.

Top Bottom