• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Witchhunt 1

Chaco

Never Logs In
To clarify above for anyone wondering what I mean his join post, in the sign up thread, said something to the effect of “Smashboards and Mafia I’m in” which i thought was indicative of knowing what mafia is and not realizing it was present here cause DGames is kind’ve a hole in the wall.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The villagers win by killing all the members of the opposing faction (werewolves).

Chaco

Never Logs In
Actually, was this question serious? Why do you think I would admit to the sneaky version?
No. Lol. I was referencing Xivii from my game where he said BF is town in thread but had him as scum to confuse BF, then got NKd lol.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
The villagers win by killing all the members of the opposing faction (werewolves).
and how do you suppose the villagers are able to figure out who is in the opposing faction and eliminate them? what tools are available to the villagers?

Scum team is boom and boo. gg
you didn't change your avatar pic just to do this

love this kind of energy tho ngl

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Nobody, the villagers simply guess. There are some factions like seer that can reveal who's a werewolf or not but only to that person.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Hi KingBooGengar57, welcome to Dgames! I see from reading your posts that you don’t have any mafia experience, but I’m always happy to see new people. We want to talk, because we need content to evaluate each other, and try to figure out who is town and who is mafia. There are some investigative roles that will also help with this, but this is a game about lying so we usually rely more on content in the early game than claims (we can discuss this more in later days after we have some claims).

If you’re having trouble getting started you can answer the questions directed at you.

Nobody, the villagers simply guess. There are some factions like seer that can reveal who's a werewolf or not but only to that person.
I thought you said you had no mafia experience. What do you know of the Seer role?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Xivii Xivii In retrospect do you actually think I was Obj town in my previous town games?
After Xivii answers this I would like to know why you asked this question.

But which “BF is lock town” is this? The “lock town” where you’re trying to convince him that you think he’s town when you really think he’s scum? Or legit lock town?
Nice rolefishing.

bessie bessie what's your take on Xivii's quicksolve
My take is that Xivii would like KingBooGengar57 to react before I answer this question.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
love this kind of energy tho ngl
Xivii Xivii I take this back, you didn't vote for one of them in that post, ****in poser

presume that you are a villager with no special abilities like the seer, how do you suppose then one goes about finding out who the werewolfs are? do you really think the best thing a villager can do is randomly guess?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I actually have played Mafia, but IRL and not in the world of cyberspace.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually have played Mafia, but IRL and not in the world of cyberspace.
In IRL mafia when you roll villager do you just blindly guess who the bad guys are?

Also, when you played IRL, did you reveal the alignments of the people you eliminated when they were eliminated or were the alignments kept a secret?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
In IRL mafia when you roll villager do you just blindly guess who the bad guys are?

Also, when you played IRL, did you reveal the alignments of the people you eliminated when they were eliminated or were the alignments kept a secret?
No, it took some discussion. The alignments were revealed when they were eliminated.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, it took some discussion. The alignments were revealed when they were eliminated.
ok, so you get the basics then. are you not used to discussion centering around you when you play?

you should also know that in this setup, alignments WILL NOT be revealed upon elimination. you need a special ability to see the alignments of the dead

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I am not used to the in-play discussion. Other than that, I'm fine.

Chaco

Never Logs In
After Xivii answers this I would like to know why you asked this question.

Nice rolefishing.

My take is that Xivii would like KingBooGengar57 to react before I answer this question.
How is that role fishing? Genuinely curious here cause I don’t see anyway how you’re taking it that way.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
How is that role fishing? Genuinely curious here cause I don’t see anyway how you’re taking it that way.
I’m genuinely curious that you think Sabrar was able to get "legit lock town" off of BoomFrog based on posts #5 and #9 . Is it that you admire Sabrar's ability as a player that does behavior based reads?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Vote Xivii

This is a 7 player game with 2 scum. We get 1-2 missyeets, this is not a game where we can afford to give you a free pass through D1. Everyone participates.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would like to hear more about this gut of yours, especially after you failed so miserably to read my slot in Apex.
deserved trashtalk acknowledged (got the W tho! :p), but surely you know that by definition a gut read this early isn't really something I can expand on? its literally just a hunch

Sabrar

Smash Ace
This is a 7 player game with 2 scum. We get 1-2 missyeets,
Did you do the math carefully?

deserved trashtalk acknowledged (got the W tho! :p), but surely you know that by definition a gut read this early isn't really something I can expand on? its literally just a hunch
Agreed, but it is still based on something (language, interaction with specific people, avoiding others, etc). Just saying "it's a hunch" or "something doesn't feel right" doesn't help others to evaluate your read.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Agreed, but it is still based on something (language, interaction with specific people, avoiding others, etc). Just saying "it's a hunch" or "something doesn't feel right" doesn't help others to evaluate your read.
all fair, I guess Im more interested in just signaling where I'm willing to pressure right now than I am having perfect read transparency, we're barely two pages in, I want to see how everyone postures

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Xivii

This is a 7 player game with 2 scum. We get 1-2 missyeets, this is not a game where we can afford to give you a free pass through D1. Everyone participates.
Why did you stop questioning Boo? Did he answer everything to your satisfaction?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Why did you stop questioning Boo? Did he answer everything to your satisfaction?
Slacking the line.

No one's biting your bait, can you please start actual interaction and answering questions?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
BoomFrog BoomFrog you're throwing votes around. Is this

a) pandering to the HBC crew,
b) indication that you're willing to yeet 2 days before deadline,
c) pressuring tactic without any kind of follow-up,
d) something else entirely?

Top Bottom