• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Witchhunt 1

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Slacking the line.

No one's biting your bait, can you please start actual interaction and answering questions?
It's been like a day. I'll get to everything when I get to them.

The way you're acting makes me feel like I hit the nail on the head.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Sabrar Sabrar Somewhere between b and c with a little bit of "trying to coerce some interaction."

Did you do the math carefully?
No. Is my intuition incorrect? The game seems very swingy, if the witches are survivor + DOB / hunter then we could yeet perfectly and still lose the game (I think this is winnable with clever use of judge but still harsh). If the witches are like gravedigger + oracle / judge then we could get 2 missyeets and 2 cop results and and two town-vig shots and it'd be pretty hard to lose the game.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
It's been like a day. I'll get to everything when I get to them.

The way you're acting makes me feel like I hit the nail on the head.
What would you expect town!Boom to do in this situation? What would you expect scum!Boom who isn't partners with Boo to do?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Quick and dirty of it, I'd expect town!boom to be more analytical / reserving judgment (such as in Completely Vanilla). Your play right now is reminding me of how you approached Fonti in the last game.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar Sabrar Somewhere between b and c with a little bit of "trying to coerce some interaction."
So if it's somewhere close to c then why do not have follow-ups?

No. Is my intuition incorrect? The game seems very swingy,...
I think you outlined the ends of the spectrum nicely but your original wording is a bit careless in that case. We need to get extremely lucky to win with 2 misyeets so we should never play in a way that 'allows' for that scenario.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Quick and dirty of it, I'd expect town!boom to be more analytical / reserving judgment (such as in Completely Vanilla). Your play right now is reminding me of how you approached Fonti in the last game.
Who am I treating like I treated Fonti last game?

So if it's somewhere close to c then why do not have follow-ups?
The hooks are baited.

I think you outlined the ends of the spectrum nicely but your original wording is a bit careless in that case. We need to get extremely lucky to win with 2 misyeets so we should never play in a way that 'allows' for that scenario.
Agreed, the vig kills would have to go all the right way and angels would have to do good work for us to win with 2 missyeets generally.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Catching up. Been working out of town, and will be tomorrow also. So I won’t be check the thread that much til the following day/evening.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Hi, I'm moody.

Town
Chaco
Xivii
bessie
KingBooGengar
FrozenFlame
BoomFrog
Scum

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’m genuinely curious that you think Sabrar was able to get "legit lock town" off of BoomFrog based on posts #5 and #9 . Is it that you admire Sabrar's ability as a player that does behavior based reads?
You missed the entirety of the joke. I thought he was acting like Xivii reading Boom, which I think he was but maybe I misread, so I posted the question regarding which lock town it is. No actual read from any of that, or serious post. That’s pretty evident though

But once again, how is that role fishing? You deflect to some other tangent that doesn’t make sense either when I already said the basis of the post. (Which you should be able to see the mindset since you were added to the Apex spec chat where Xivii said he really thought he was scum)

You’re trying to find content off of a content less post.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Why do I feel like I’m the sand which between a scum cross fire here? Few town reads on my name (Frozen and Sabrar), with zero content, and Bessie questioning a post way to hard that had no basis for follow up content.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Votecount 1.2
BoomFrog (2): Chaco (#3), KingBooGengar57 (#29)
Xivii (2): FrozenFlame(#28), BoomFrog (#73)
FrozenFlame (1): Xivii (#2)

Not voting: Bessie, Sabrar

Day One ends on December 5th at 9:00PM EST.

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I'm moody.
Hi I’m Madge. Why are you not paying more attention to me me me?

You missed the entirety of the joke. I thought he was acting like Xivii reading Boom, which I think he was but maybe I misread, so I posted the question regarding which lock town it is. No actual read from any of that, or serious post. That’s pretty evident though

But once again, how is that role fishing? You deflect to some other tangent that doesn’t make sense either when I already said the basis of the post. (Which you should be able to see the mindset since you were added to the Apex spec chat where Xivii said he really thought he was scum)

You’re trying to find content off of a content less post.
Your post #15 , which you claim is a joke, is rolefishing. There is a role that can confirm town on N0. You are fishing to find out if Sabrar is that role.

I find it interesting that you do not see why I am questioning you on this in post #68 . You have explained this was a joke in post #44 and again in post #90 but you try to cast suspicion on me for not understanding your joke. I suspect you are trying to deflect from the intent of your original post 15.

and Bessie questioning a post way to hard that had no basis for follow up content.
Why should I not be questioning you on this?

Tone and also because you didn't understand bessie's role-fishing comment.
Hmmmmm.
Also, moody would have snap reads with that list.
ME ME ME ME ME

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don’t see how anyone is suggesting mates rn really, I don’t see much correlation. But I do find the early town reads of me suss.

I’ll read close in a bit and go over the first post thoroughly.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Bessie is probably town for trying to dive so much in on that, seems to par.

What’s the benefits of the boo claim rn FF?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Unvote
Vote: BoomFrog

I’m cool with pressure here rn.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
boo's slot is highly irregular and he doesn't really seem to understand what it means to scum hunt. having him claim now gives us something to work with to better read his slot and coach him how to use his power, if he has one, in a pro town manner. maybe I'm just an asshole but from his current performance I literally do not trust town!kingboo to understand how to use his role strategically

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The reason I don't want to tell you is because it will affect the outcome of the game. And I don't want that.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
The reason I don't want to tell you is because it will affect the outcome of the game. And I don't want that.
technically everything we say in this thread "affects the outcome of the game" so I'm not sure what you mean exactly as every possible role is potentially impactful

would you claim your role if the majority of other players agreed that you should claim?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog why do you think sab is suggesting we're mates?
Interesting take. I didn't read that as his intent, just that we are both scummy, not that we are mates. Why ask me instead of him?

kinda wanna make kingboo claim ngl
We need to be careful about claims. We can only afford to have one claimed townie at a time so we can avoid soup. Also I'd really rather not narrow down the priests location because they are a truly critical role. Let's just talk about general advice for every role and town!boo can take the advice that they need.

That said, I don't think scum!Frozen floats this idea. So I'm comfortable calling this town!Frozen.

Unvote

I’m cool with pressure here rn.
What do you personally find scummy about my play?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Missed that question. My b. Mafia double voter is a powerful role, but town double voter really isn't. It could be on either side and fit my hypothesis. I HIGHLY suspect janitor exists in a set-up like this (which is why I wanted to claim).
What's a janitor?
Scum role that hides the flip of the person they Night Kill.
For some reason I had this in my multi-quote queue.

Aww shucks. 🥰

Xivii Xivii In retrospect do you actually think I was Obj town in my previous town games?
Midnight - Yes. I thought you were town all of Day 1 and most of Day 2. My opinion changed when you stated that it felt like we were getting it wrong with a Rajam yeet.

Completely Vanilla - No. I thought you were likely scum up until Day 3.

TIL - Yes. There was only one moment of doubt and it was quickly gone. I would say that your play there was the most similar to Apex though.

What you're asking me though is with the knowledge of your scum play in Apex, correct? And the answer is still yes. There were several things about your play that I didn't voice, but I thought you were likely scum since you replaced in. There's a particularly solid scum tell that I will be on the lookout from now on.

Why do you ask?

Vote KingBooGengar57

Explain.
KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57 We all know eachother, perhaps too well, so getting to know you is going to be one of the best ways for us to generate useful content here. So please talk. A lot.
Seems like everyone wants attention here don't they? Anyways, the reasoning behind the edits is due to a lack of proper wording or elaboration if you will.
Unvote: FrozenFlame

I was just going with the majority on the previous vote I did. That's my explanation and all the "Universal Vote" bullcrap. Anyways, unvoting that.
Something feels off about 'im. He's asking me to talk a lot. Maybe he's trying to coax me into sharing some stuff.
This is what's pinging me as an SvS interaction. Reminds me of how Boom interacted Ryu in Apex. Like Boo was being scummy and Boom sought to get out ahead of it with a barrage of questions. And Boo's reaction to me feels like an informed reaction (similar to the way Ryu approached bessie in the last game).

Nice rolefishing.
Good.

Who am I treating like I treated Fonti last game?
Me. This quote, in particular, is where I get that vibe:
Slacking the line.

No one's biting your bait, can you please start actual interaction and answering questions?
It's aggressive rather than merely inquisitive. Like you're trying to shade me with the question rather than evaluate me. I noticed this with your approach with Fonti last game.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Priest - Target whoever you find scummy. If you are about to be voted off then claim. If you find a witch then claim. If you've survived two nights then claim.

Gravedigger - If you learn that a witch is killed then claim.

Oracle - If your confirmed town target is going to be voted off then claim.

Survivalist - If you are going to be voted off then claim. (This is a complex situation, but if you are voted off but don't die then we waste a day. It's better to let us know we need to use the judge to kill you then to make us spend two days killing you. Dying early let's town have an extra vote off)

Gambler - never claim

Judge - This should only come up with even numbers vs witches or if we need to vote off the survivalist. It can be explained then.

Hunter - if this comes up kill whoever you think is scum. There's a lot of situational decisions here but it will be hard to predict all of them. Good luck.

Dirty Old ******* - Ditto for hunter. Except, if you die during the night you will know exactly how many are alive in the morning when it's time to kill. If that would be three, then don't kill, let them vote it out.

Top Bottom