• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Witchhunt 1

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So why are you switching now to BoomFrog? What do you find scummy about him?
Something feels off about 'im. He's asking me to talk a lot. Maybe he's trying to coax me into sharing some stuff.
I'm also asking you to talk a lot. We haven't played with you before so we are not familiar with your style. The best way to get to know you is if you interact with us (as FrozenFlame said).
interesting early possible deflecting from sab off the boom slot

or just being hyyyyyyyper neutral which admittedly I'd expect from town!sab this early hmmmm

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I realized that I did not need to edit it, and hit "Save" instead of cancel. Nothing was changed from the OP and you're most likely trying to divert suspicion of yourself onto me. Congrats, you failed.

fontisian

Smash Champion
5. No Forum Abuse (No Edits)
This forum has certain features that are undesireable for a smooth game, that we require players to ignore. Do not edit your posts. Do not stalk the online forum status of players that have it enabled on their profile.
Just a reminder.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Alrighty. But I still changed nothing from the overall post. I just hit save instead of cancel.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Unvote: BoomFrog

Vote: Xivii

From what I can tell from these last few posts, he's trying to divert attention from himself onto me to make it look like I'm editing my posts to cover info up.

Chaco

Never Logs In
why xivii so high?

your take on me is weird, I feel like I've been more present this D1 than I usually am lol

xivii has been uncharacteristically lowkey
Liked what little he had to say regarding reading Boom, and he has been lesser content, but I’m not gauging on that cause I have as well.

Im not gauging on your presence more than your stances and takes, there’s things I’m waiting to see. As far as stances on people go, I like Xivii’s better currently.

Chaco

Never Logs In
would you say you've done much to push him to make this a reality for yourself?
Nope, and there’s a reason for that. I read Boom better off of his interactions with others, not with my slot. Everyone else I read better v me

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also, FF, I don’t think your activity level has any bearing on your alignment. I think you switch levels every game and it’s non indicative, and whether that’s purposeful or not idk.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Votecount 1.3
Xivii (2): FrozenFlame(#28), KingBooGengar57 (#254)
BoomFrog (1): Chaco (#102)
KingBooGengar57 (1): Xivii (#198)

Not voting: Bessie, Sabrar, BoomFrog (#215)

Day One ends on December 5th at 9:00PM EST.

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

Last edited:

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar doesn’t have as much familiarity with me, the only thing really standing out to me so far is that really early town call on me. Everything else has been fine thus far.
If you had had to make a read-list at that point in time, who would you have put as top-town and why?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sidenote before I forget: scum can target themselves with Illusion kill (or even standard kill if they want to). Just because someone survives a kill doesn't mean they're town.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Why are you not most town on the list?
KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57 why have you not answered this?

Also, Sabrar Sabrar Have you 100% agreed with my strategies for roles?
Why was this important for you?

Are you switching to me me me?? :love:
Why wait? If you think I'm scum you would have voted for me already. Or are you fishing for support from the other players?
BoomFrog BoomFrog I'm also interested in this. You made your previous votes without hesitation, why wait specifically here?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The reason I'm not the most town on my list is because I'm not a narcissist and therefore it would seem suspicious to have me at the top.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Au contraire. Usually if you're town then you are the only player whom you know to be town with 100% certainty, anything else is just a guess. Therefore it is completely natural to put yourself at the top because that list reflects your point-of-view.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Not sure if Boo is trying to outsmart fundamentals or just purely he’s not a narcissist.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If you had had to make a read-list at that point in time, who would you have put as top-town and why?
If I were at that point in time specifically I wouldn’t have had much to go on. I develop town reads from consistency so it takes me longer than the average person to form town reads unless I see a clear perspective slip that marks them as town. Or something that is blatantly obvious town move.

Bessie would have been my most likely town read at that point but it didn’t develop until later. Anyone town reading me with no real content that early is gonna be suspicious to me.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Okay, but if you have to provide an ordered list someone is bound to end up at the top. That list was not about me hard town-reading you, you just happened to the least sus person.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay, but if you have to provide an ordered list someone is bound to end up at the top. That list was not about me hard town-reading you, you just happened to the least sus person.
Do you not find it odd to be heavily town read with no content? Not just by one person but multiple?

And I understand that, but anytime I’ve presented early lists I typically mark them as needing to see more or null. Thats just the thing, that type of hypothetical isn’t supported by my okay because I typically don’t do it. I’m generally some pages in before I start throwing out any list, and it’s usually closer to EoD. But that’s dependent on what’s going on, but in this scenario not much had stuck out yet.Regardless, Bessie would’ve been at the top at that moment. Then followed by Xivii. Much similarity in this list to as is now, Xivii has just reinforced my position on him currently since that point.

Chaco

Never Logs In
But to be real, I think Boom supports it to much. I think he goes way to in depth for something that doesn’t require that. HOWEVER, I’m not sure what that’s indicative of. Boom has stated numerous times that I’m easy to read as town. So I have to see more to discern which Boom it’s coming from. The overall behavior gives me a scum lean though rn.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Do you not find it odd to be heavily town read with no content? Not just by one person but multiple?
I don't walk to speak for anyone specifically but this game would be extremely boring if we all found the same content townie or scummy. Everyone has a different view on things and we sometimes hard-clear or tunnel on others because of the smallest things. That can look mighty suspicious in your eyes, I give you that.

Boom has stated numerous times that I’m easy to read as town.
How many games did you play together?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, he was told not to edit posts, still for some reason he hit the edit button. Luckily in the end he decided not to do it but the question remains why he felt the need to want to edit in the first place. How do you not see Xivii's pov here?
I had a feeling it wouldn't come across clearly to everyone but I was being sarcastic in those two posts directed at xivii, I took it from the multiple likes, especially xivii's, that that was atleast somewhat clear :rotfl:

I totally understand xivii's POV, and was lightly mocking kingboo's response

Au contraire. Usually if you're town then you are the only player whom you know to be town with 100% certainty, anything else is just a guess. Therefore it is completely natural to put yourself at the top because that list reflects your point-of-view.
Not sure if Boo is trying to outsmart fundamentals or just purely he’s not a narcissist.
I took his readlist to indicate his best effort to parse a pseudo-objective take on who was objectively the most town overall based on some effort on his part to discount his own knowledge of his alignment. not necessarily the best or most useful exercise imo, but I think I understand the intent there

generally speaking though I agree that including yourself on a reads list is entirely a waste of time, space, and energy. everyone's own evaluations of their own towniness is just wrought with bias issues

KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57 you never told me which slot you would eliminate if you had to pick one right now, did you just forget or are you refusing to answer purposefully?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I had a feeling it wouldn't come across clearly to everyone but I was being sarcastic in those two posts directed at xivii,
I briefly considered that possibility but I thought in that case you wouldn't have bothered with the second post. Thanks for clearing that up.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't walk to speak for anyone specifically but this game would be extremely boring if we all found the same content townie or scummy. Everyone has a different view on things and we sometimes hard-clear or tunnel on others because of the smallest things. That can look mighty suspicious in your eyes, I give you that.

How many games did you play together?
I’ve played Midnight, TIL, and Completely Vanilla with Boom. You can find the thoughts on my slot at the end of TIL. I’d quote it rn but I’m at work, I can later though.

To the first yes I agree, however, I’m usually a slot that’s highly nit picked for subtle changes so it’s why it comes off with weird to me in this case.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame It’s NAI to me, I was more following the humor of it indicating his lack of narcissism.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar Sabrar Somewhere between b and c with a little bit of "trying to coerce some interaction."
My goal D1 has been to get everyone engaged and creating content one way or the other and I think I've succeeded.
Sabrar Sabrar I voted FrozenFlame to get us out of RVS (I know his vote was a joke but I do feel it was a slightly forced joke). I didn't like that Boo put him at L-1 so I wanted to unvote so we wouldn't have accidental hammer, but that would take off too much pressure from FF so I moved my vote instead. And I wanted to see how Boo reacted to pressure. (And ligit wanted an explanation for the vote)

I voted Xivii because he was lurking and it got him to participate.

This is all like, totally standard procedure for D1. How are you not getting it?
b was willingness to yeet early, c was pressuring tactic. All of the reasons you later describe are basically c. I totally agree that it is standard procedure to pressure people to generate content but then why even bring up b in your original answer?

Top Bottom