• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Witchhunt 1

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Agree with Sabrar btw. Claim tells us nothing if not priest, in which case why would we need him to claim? He only needs to claim if at L-1 and someone has given intent to hammer. BTW people need to be clear with hammer intent since yeeting requires such few votes.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
He only needs to claim if at L-1 and someone has given intent to hammer.
Disagree. This is not your usual game where we can assume that a Doc is town. A player claiming e.g. Gambler should not make any difference in the outcome of the vote, however it still helps scum to know which role was eliminated.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Disagree. This is not your usual game where we can assume that a Doc is town. A player claiming e.g. Gambler should not make any difference in the outcome of the vote, however it still helps scum to know which role was eliminated.
It's not for the sake of saving them, it's for the sake of telling us what role they are.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
How so? If scum has GD, we'd basically be expanding their claim ability if we don't know who flips. How is letting us know what role you are before being offed different than normal mafia where roles are revealed?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
You're indirectly implying that you are unfamiliar with the witches' abilities therefore you must be town.
Ahh, sure. Well don't read into it, if I was a witch I could easily fake the whole thing. 🍷

Sabrar

Smash Ace
How so? If scum has GD, we'd basically be expanding their claim ability if we don't know who flips. How is letting us know what role you are before being offed different than normal mafia where roles are revealed?
E.g. if scum knows that we just lynched the GD then their claimspace remains open if we yeet one of them next.

Ahh, sure. Well don't read into it, if I was a witch I could easily fake the whole thing. 🍷
That's just it. I don't think it would occur to you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Honestly I think his role pool is so narrow now there’s no point in not having him claim. It’s pretty suggestive unless he’s just saying random things, and he’s implying again what I picked up from the first post about his role. Which if I’ve got that ping twice, others have as well. Not sure whether to put stock into it or not though, but we will see.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Are we gonna really need that ability? We’re a pretty seasoned group of players so I don’t see us allowing that to fall through.

I’ve got two conflicting soft claims about this role though, any one else noticed that? Not gonna call attention to it yet, until I see if anyone else has noticed it.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Judge is only useful in a specific endgame scenario (2vs1 where last scum is Survivalist) and even then it is not strictly needed if Angels were smart not using double protect too early).

Chaco

Never Logs In
Judge is only useful in a specific endgame scenario (2vs1 where last scum is Survivalist) and even then it is not strictly needed if Angels were smart not using double protect too early).
Right. So you do think he’s implying judge as well?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
you never got back to me on this BoomFrog BoomFrog
I already have what I need from him, and he has us at bottom two, that's a clear implication that he thinks there's atleast a decent probability that we're in the world of scum!FF and scum!Boom. yes that's a stretch, yes I'm making it to be deliberately inflammatory

and I'm asking you because I'm interested in your reaction to our rankings on his list and if you think he could have a genuine basis for thinking us to be possible mates
I feel like I addressed this in my reads post already. I think he has individual reasons to see both of as as scummy but didn't make any attempt to link us. But it's not like there's evidence against us being mates so that's NAI. We could be mates, it's not unresonable for him to have us as bottom two for that reason. I do think he should see the towniness of your confidence, but his back and forth with me just now about soupgate has felt good. I think scum!Sabrar probably tries to paint me as faking it.

Unvote

I'll wait for Bessie to get a chance to post tonight before voting there.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I've said that I can't kill at night which comes as a big red flag that I'm not a witch.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Are you familiar with the concept that people can lie to you in this game?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Most Town:
Chaco - Calling out people who think you are town is townie. The ignorance about what role he could be fishing for is legit as well. If he's scum his partner is someone else casual or new which on this player list is basically only KingBoo or long shot Frozen.
Why the underlined?

bessie - Scum!Bessie will be having a hard time in this setup because she likes to hunt for indies when she is scum and there's no indies to hunt here. She's dug in on KingBoo and Chaco, but that makes it easy to not have opinions about other players. bessie bessie Chaco's question was clearly innocent, I really don't think he read the roles. He really didn't get it. Can you give a town to scum list? Also, why did you not question Sabrar on him not commenting on your confirmation post?
Why do you assume I have no opinions on other players? You didn't even ask me if I did until this post.
Just because YOU don't think Chaco read the roles..... Anyway, I find it interesting that you are focusing on that point, and ignoring my suspicion on Chaco's reaction, see post #95 :

Your post #15 , which you claim is a joke, is rolefishing. There is a role that can confirm town on N0. You are fishing to find out if Sabrar is that role.

I find it interesting that you do not see why I am questioning you on this in post #68 . You have explained this was a joke in post #44 and again in post #90 but you try to cast suspicion on me for not understanding your joke. I suspect you are trying to deflect from the intent of your original post 15.

Why should I not be questioning you on this?

Why should Sabrar comment on my confirmation post? You're digging hard.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I'll wait for Bessie to get a chance to post tonight before voting there.
Are you switching to me me me?? :love:
Why wait? If you think I'm scum you would have voted for me already. Or are you fishing for support from the other players?

Hmmmm, before someone else points it out, yes I think I have said something similar in a previous game .

Chaco

Never Logs In
I guess he's not interested.
I’m not. Cause it’s fruitless to go down through that because it’s perspective, I was more curious about what Sabrar through about it cause I’ve already got pings off of it from you. So might as well try to use it to read someone else as well.

At current point:

Bessie
Xivii
FF
Sabrar
Boo
Boom

Im distinctly interested in the immediate town reads of me, coming from Boom it’s not as telling but Boom knows in east to read in town time and has stated that many times, but it’s so early.

Sabrar doesn’t have as much familiarity with me, the only thing really standing out to me so far is that really early town call on me. Everything else has been fine thus far.

Xivii and I have zero interaction, so this is townXivii. Fight me on it.

FF not yet sorted.

Boo is odd to me and not sure if I’m buying some of the reasonings. But idk yet.

Some more Boom posts and perspective and I’ll be able to sort better. Sabrar I have to do some research on.

Bessie continuing on me seems town, or I’m the pawn to be moved in scum theatre by a cross lock of town/scum push on me. Which tin foil would be Sab/Bessie.

Frozen hasn’t chimed in enough for it to be him, imo

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Who's the only person who hasn't compiled a scum-to-town or town-to-scum list?

Top Bottom