• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest! Shirts are Here!! Orlando, FL - 12/18-12/20 - Melee/Brawl!

gallax

Smash Hero
yo red hal. lemme talk to the guys im housing to see how many people they are bringin, but im pretty sure that i can house u guys. its be great playing with guys again. radix will be over so we can all have some pretty epic battles.

im housing a group of OOs'ers and im pretty sure you would enjoy playing with them also. its ninjalinks crew.

OverLade

Smash Hero
yo red hal. lemme talk to the guys im housing to see how many people they are bringin, but im pretty sure that i can house u guys. its be great playing with guys again. radix will be over so we can all have some pretty epic battles.

im housing a group of OOs'ers and im pretty sure you would enjoy playing with them also. its ninjalinks crew.
If Hbox's house it too crowded I'd love to house with you but atm Im housing with him. I'll let you know.

gallax

Smash Hero
yeah np dude. if u do end up staying with hbox then we gotta get some matches in cuz im always looking for MK experience with my snake/marth.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
Can a get a respond to my PM please? Is there someone other than frames I need to talk to about tourney related things?

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
with how big this is going to be, is there going to be room for setups that are not tourney related? I really did not know that gigs was gone and really only went to that place, but there was always a place for me to setup other games in there. Will it be the same here, or are they going for the mass organization route with no friendlies and no side setups? thanks in advance RX.

nevershootme

Smash Master
any SFL resident that wants to go to winterfest and has no ride has a chance to do so... i can only take 1 person though cuz i have ride arrangements with OOS players. you'll be staying for a week though at my residence in orlando and get practice with CFL and OOS. sooo get at me

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
you can just post questions here, and the community will help answer them :)

:042::054::069:
...IT'S MY BELLSPROUT! MINE! o_o

Anyways, I still have no luck in find a partner for this, although I do have a ride now.

:069: *destroys that fake imitation Bellsprout*

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
with how big this is going to be, is there going to be room for setups that are not tourney related? I really did not know that gigs was gone and really only went to that place, but there was always a place for me to setup other games in there. Will it be the same here, or are they going for the mass organization route with no friendlies and no side setups? thanks in advance RX.

Unfortunately, there will not be a seprate room for friendlies and such. But you can participate in friendlies inside the venue where we will have set-ups for people to play. You must pay the door fee to participate in friendlies only. Its a time, space, and schedule issue.

The online registration never worked for me >.> internet-bugs...

Will I be able to sign up at the front door?
Yes you will be able to sign up at the door, please arrive early to register. THE LINES WILL BE LONG!

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, there will not be a seprate room for friendlies and such. But you can participate in friendlies inside the venue where we will have set-ups for people to play. You must pay the door fee to participate in friendlies only. Its a time, space, and schedule issue.

Actually I was just talking about setting up a tv and Wii system in the hall where the tourney is held. It will not be used for tourney tho. For friendlies and such on other wii fighters. It is not like I am asking you to save space move of asking if I will be able to have the setup in there? Sorry if I confuse you, that is why I sent a pm to frames, to avoid this. Thank you in advance for reading this post and responding to this post.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Actually I was just talking about setting up a tv and Wii system in the hall where the tourney is held. It will not be used for tourney tho. For friendlies and such on other wii fighters. It is not like I am asking you to save space move of asking if I will be able to have the setup in there? Sorry if I confuse you, that is why I sent a pm to frames, to avoid this. Thank you in advance for reading this post and responding to this post.
Unfortunately, we do not an an area for that either. The hotel will cry about it if we let you guys go outside in the lobby to play. They did it last time and we took alot of heat for it. I will try to set- something up this time for that type of stuff. But be aware you still must pay the door fee. I am a nice guy and I love smash but This is a business and we need to pay bills :) So bring your stuff just in case and I will try to help you guys out. Sound good?

since the discount code doesn't work anymore, will I be able to register online and get my discount in another form?
Unfortunately KJW. The promo code has ended and there is no more discounts. The only chance you have now for receiveing a discount is to bring your game cube or Wii. But we are doing this on a first come first serve basis because we have a set-list of set-ups. So I would suggest you arrive early evening 5pm friday to guarnatee you only pay $15 door fee for the entire weekend. Answer your question?

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Is SRK doing a seperate deal here? Because on SRK it says door fee is 10 bucks, not 20...so clarify on whats going on with that.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, we do not an an area for that either. The hotel will cry about it if we let you guys go outside in the lobby to play. They did it last time and we took alot of heat for it. I will try to set- something up this time for that type of stuff. But be aware you still must pay the door fee. I am a nice guy and I love smash but This is a business and we need to pay bills :) So bring your stuff just in case and I will try to help you guys out. Sound good?

Yes sir sounds great. I was going to enter brawl dubs so I will pay the door fee when I get there. If needed I can put down say $10.00 to "rent" some space from you for my setup. I thank you for this.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Glad I could humor you with my "Hey is the door fee the regular amount...of 10 dollars or are you guys gonna strip 10 more bucks from us this time for more profit.." question.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Glad I could humor you with my "Hey is the door fee the regular amount...of 10 dollars or are you guys gonna strip 10 more bucks from us this time for more profit.." question.
although it is a strange pricing structure, but that $10 door fee on SFIV and T6 is cuz it's 1 day.

so practically smash is paying that $20 door fee because we should be there for both melee and brawl days. and if one were to participate in both smash and SF, they gotta pay $30 in door fees?

Loto

Smash Ace
although it is a strange pricing structure, but that $10 door fee on SFIV and T6 is cuz it's 1 day.

so practically smash is paying that $20 door fee because we should be there for both melee and brawl days. and if one were to participate in both smash and SF, they gotta pay $30 in door fees?
Prob 20 max. =o

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice

Yep that is why it is so funny to me!!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Well what sucks to me is that if all I wanted to do was enter melee singles, I'd have to pay $40.

there are so many other things I could do for $40...

like buy your mom dinner

B_AWAL

Smash Master
40 dollars.... ****...

I mean reserving the venue could cost 1000 buck @ da max per day

N u guys are having a sponsor....

But rather than having the sponsor take care of the venue 2 a certain degree U decide to **** every coming w/ a 20 door fee...

W/e I'll still find a way here. But I'm a B pissed if I gotta pay 40 dollars to enter Brawl singles which isn't gonna start till the afternoon when teh venue is gonna close @ 12....

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
40 dollars.... ****...

I mean reserving the venue could cost 1000 buck @ da max per day

N u guys are having a sponsor....

But rather than having the sponsor take care of the venue 2 a certain degree U decide to **** every coming w/ a 20 door fee...

W/e I'll still find a way here. But I'm a B pissed if I gotta pay 40 dollars to enter Brawl singles which isn't gonna start till the afternoon when teh venue is gonna close @ 12....
20 dollars a day is NOT unreasonable for the possible 3 days somebody would be attending. That is ~6.66 a day.

Top Bottom