• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest VII - PREREG IS UP - Free Tournament with $1500 in Prizes

Knee.of.Ky

Smash Apprentice
Greetings from the head TO of WGF Smash Tournament.

To those of who actually had fun at WGF, i am glad i could run this.
To the many people from the smash community that volunteered to help (azn_lep, mikehaze, etc) thank you on behalf of all the WGF staff for helping. Also like to thank everyone helped by bringing a setup.

To everyone who thinks I was being a ****ing *******:
You try working for 3 days straight from 9am-12am, and not get a little moody.
I was pressed for time to finish all 4 tournaments by 11pm. (which melee finished by 10pm and brawl at 11pm)

I don't expect you to appreciate what others have to do to make WGF an enjoyable event, giving up their whole weekend and more. But don't flame towards us for running a non-profit tournament.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
2 ghey *** UCSD tournament runners from Sixth College: I understand that you guys have like a .000000000000000000001% chance of reading this and I understand that this is probably a job you had 0 interest in doing, but you guys are ****ing douchebags. nice acne too asian guy. ***** *** ****.
ionno what happened, but I really hope people were wronged for you to say that much haha

I've always wanted to see a set between S2J and Zhu, but it looks like freakin Westballz gained superpowers and double-eliminated Zhu from the tourney, WTF
You'd probably enjoy the set of wes vs me more (you'll understand when you watch it).

shoutouts:

joey: good job. take care of socal while I'm gone. I'll unleash if you ever slump again =)

fly: lots of fun teaming with you. i don't think i've had such detailed discussions between games with anyone else. didn't get to watch any of your sets, but i'm sure you'll get em next time.

rob / wobbles: same with s2j. i'm not really good at giving advice, but i'm always around if you want someone to make smalltalk with.

bizzaro: nair -> fair **** you LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

johnny: you're really good at this game.

eddie: fun friendlies. i think i figured some stuff out after that dreamland match against you where I double shine gimped you =) good job vs johnny in particular.

wes: stop sandbagging haha. I actually didn't really feel like any of my wins vs you were legit, so I don't consider the two sets an upset at all. keep it up!

sd:

sunny: really really good. you'd be monstrous if you traveled / played more. i'll visit whenever i drop by (which should be soon).

jesse: really really good. unlike other falcos, you are really good at just about every matchup. i wish you'd travel / play more as well.

dingalingaling: that one friendly man

anthony: spazzzzzzzzzzzz

pat: is still the best person in the room

rick: very nice to see you again. i don't think i had initial lead against you in either game LOL. definitely made me a bit scared.

kyle / richard: nice stuff in teams. definitely cool to see you guys again. "classic zhu" LOOOOOL

D

Deleted member

i removed the quote, but zhu quoted it, sick

nevertheless, i apologize for being a ****, but I am only a **** to other ****s. I'm sorry you had a bad weekend and I shouldn't post when ****s on my mind like when I got ***** by lucky

w/ E

Biggest offense for me is when I request to not go to TV 8 for teams, which is a horribly small TV that is very bad for teams. In addition, it had wavy **** on the right side of the TV. Lovage also asked me to change the TV.

I ask the TO's and suddenly a huge **** storm emerges where they yell at me over and over to go to TV 8 when I try to explain to them that it's a bad TV and we just want a different one. After they yell at me extremely rudely some more, I told them that I got the picture and they literally tell me to "****ING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm sorry that you don't possess the mental fortitude of Pat when smashers are being smashers, but you guys were being very big *** hats. Show some class, man up when things
aren't going your way

edit: TOOK AWAY SOME MEAN THINGS. THINKING OF DOUCHEBAGS MAKE ME TYPE RUDE STUFF

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
anyways. this tournament was mad fun. thank you tournament hosts/helpers for running this event.

sung: thanks so much for arranging the rides and hotel. you're amazing both in life and melee. i'll give you the breakfast combo for that.
zhu: n-air => f-air is too good. great job beating wobbles and good set haha
phenom: had a great time with you
baka: thanks so much for watching my matches. i feel bad for not watching your matches as nearly as you watch mine. next time i won't be so selfish
sunny: you're too good. close sets ggs
s2j: stop ****** so hard
fly: great set! it was very nice talking to you on the way back home from the tournament also
waste: good ****
westballz: congrats on getting 3rd place. it's about time you got top 3.
lucky: wow
combofest: your falcon is getting close to being amazing. keep it up!
eddy mexico: yeayuhhzzz ganon & luigi
lovage: didn't get to see you that much. nevertheless good job.
everyone else: thanks for coming!!!
stab: i got pretty scared in real life by you during our MM. you need to calm down =D
rickety: we should've played some friendlies. i remember that you ****!!!
anto park: nice seeing you there. you're always a great person to see at tournaments
wobbles: great playing casuals with you. don't be so hard on yourself.
pat: thanks for hosting!!!

Rickety

Peace and Love
Too much happy

What a lovely tournament!
Seeing old friends and making new ones is the absolute best feeling! <3

I love everyone is this community so, so much, it gets me much too mushy-feeling and sentimental! <3 <3

Its tournaments like these that really make me want to play and practice in earnest again. You guys make this game way too fun! <3

(Zhu: thank you for taking it easy on me! Seeing you at Havok's was also very, very nice! <3)

(Bizzaro: Eep, I saw your games against Johnny, so I hope that you'll understand why I was way too afraid to ask for friendlies against you. You would have whooped me so badly that it wouldn't have been any fun for you, trust me!)

I hope to see everyone again soon!
Stay wonderful, you lovely community! <3

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Winter Game Fest never fails to be a fun event. I should've entered more tourneys this year, lolz.

AntoPark

Smash Lord
I love SD. It was really cool seeing everyone. I'm bad at shoutouts, but if I talked to you at the tournament, you're legit.
Thanks especially to Yuta for housing and Pat&gang for running the tournament!
SD: you guys should travel more.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
shoutouts
joey - good **** winning, I'm glad you don't suck **** anymore, playing you in winners and then playing you after the tournament were TOTALLY different lol
oscar - sup
johnny - I'm still trying to figure out how to make my shield pressure less "safe"
peligro - money match me
jesse - it's been foreveeeeer. also, you look like peligro
sunny - SUUUUP. where were the bakcwards sunglass at this tournament?
yuta - thanks for housing us bro <3
anthony - thanks for the copy of vista =D
Jun - omg thanks so much for all your help during the weekend
kyle - it's been too long man!
Kyle's friend - i'm sorry i forgot your name but thanks for the computer help!
pnoy - **** **** ****
russel - IN DAT ASSSS
ekoli - Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.
cameron - glad you came to a tournament for the first time in a while lol
anto - good **** in teams and bracket bro
Ryan - GOOD **** BEATING ZEN AND VOGUE, I KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU
Spenser - I was actually very proud you got 1st seed
bryant - a pleasure as always good sir
ky - good **** running stuff
bearjew - good **** running stuff
pat - i honestly thought you were the one running the tournament LOL
wobbles - man good stuff for coming all the way out here, your losses were to two very respectable players
zhu - get better at falco dittos
wes - good **** in tourney. And I'm SO curious about the bud you had on you, because you seemed more ****ed up than any time i've ever seen you before ever holy ****
mccain - money match me
shep - i'm never driving you ever again unless it's really really convenient for me. also, denny's SUCKS
dan - been a while br0
sung - get better vs spacies =(
paul - good job gabe, but do better in bracket next time
eric ding - knee how
bizz - ggs, good stuff, i wasn't as mad as my outside appearance may have shown
ankoku - for someone who lives in vegas, i sure have seen you a lot lately
bimbo - ggs mexicoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
eddy - ggs mexicoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
fly - nice seeing you, and you'll get 'em next time

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Haha, damn, calling me out. I'll think about it, I don't really like money matches that much. Are you going to SHFT?

D

Deleted member

shoutouts
joey - good **** winning, I'm glad you don't suck **** anymore, playing you in winners and then playing you after the tournament were TOTALLY different lol
oscar - sup
johnny - I'm still trying to figure out how to make my shield pressure less "safe"
peligro - money match me
jesse - it's been foreveeeeer. also, you look like peligro
sunny - SUUUUP. where were the bakcwards sunglass at this tournament?
yuta - thanks for housing us bro <3
anthony - thanks for the copy of vista =D
Jun - omg thanks so much for all your help during the weekend
kyle - it's been too long man!
Kyle's friend - i'm sorry i forgot your name but thanks for the computer help!
pnoy - **** **** ****
russel - IN DAT ASSSS
ekoli - Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.
cameron - glad you came to a tournament for the first time in a while lol
anto - good **** in teams and bracket bro
Ryan - GOOD **** BEATING ZEN AND VOGUE, I KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU
Spenser - I was actually very proud you got 1st seed
bryant - a pleasure as always good sir
ky - good **** running stuff
bearjew - good **** running stuff
pat - i honestly thought you were the one running the tournament LOL
wobbles - man good stuff for coming all the way out here, your losses were to two very respectable players
zhu - get better at falco dittos
wes - good **** in tourney. And I'm SO curious about the bud you had on you, because you seemed more ****ed up than any time i've ever seen you before ever holy ****
mccain - money match me
shep - i'm never driving you ever again unless it's really really convenient for me. also, denny's SUCKS
dan - been a while br0
sung - get better vs spacies =(
paul - good job gabe, but do better in bracket next time
eric ding - knee how
bizz - ggs, good stuff, i wasn't as mad as my outside appearance may have shown
ankoku - for someone who lives in vegas, i sure have seen you a lot lately
bimbo - ggs mexicoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
eddy - ggs mexicoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
fly - nice seeing you, and you'll get 'em next time
i'll let you figure it out yourself n00b

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord

(Bizzaro: Eep, I saw your games against Johnny, so I hope that you'll understand why I was way too afraid to ask for friendlies against you. You would have whooped me so badly that it wouldn't have been any fun for you, trust me!)
nah, i remember the last time we played friendlies (at stab's grev) that you gave me a hard time regardless of the results and the fact you didn't even use your main.

you would **** (probably top 8 of so-cal) if you consistently play with pros.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I was going to set up on the projector but then they told me they had it covered so I assumed someone else was recording the rest of Melee.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
^ are you talking about for next year?

I was going to set up on the projector but then they told me they had it covered so I assumed someone else was recording the rest of Melee.
that is unfortunate :(, thanks for recording nonetheless

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
is this just Melee? I know the schedule has brawl in it but the pre-reg says Melee Singles only.

Top Bottom