• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Willvolution 2008 - West Palm Beach, FL - 07.26.08

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
im def for the stage change. Too many times have i seen people die to wall infinites and disappearing platforms and wlak offs on rainbow.

Finch

Smash Lord
The problem is most of the cast will have to waste a stage ban on it if it's a legal counterpick. We shouldn't let MK players have an opinion on it. ;D

Equi

Smash Ace
No. I'll continue to QQ because I'm not going to waste my ban on an obviously ****** up stage.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
No. I'll continue to QQ because I'm not going to waste my ban on an obviously ****** up stage.
when i play you, lets promise to do no counterpicks so we dont have to waste our bans :laugh:

Equi

Smash Ace
when i play you, lets promise to do no counterpicks so we dont have to waste our bans :laugh:
Sounds good. I never agreed with counterpick levels to begin with. Neutrals are neutrals for a reason, they're fairground for all characters. I'm a neutralmonger like Lambc0ckz.

The WiLL

Smash Apprentice
Will, I know you're holding doubles AFTER singles... but thats a bad idea. I speak for everyone when I say doubles BEFORE singles because doubles is a great way to warmup for singles. I'm sure everyone will agree.
I'm not a fan of last minute changes especially I've been around the local/outside areas advertising this tournament and it's 3 days away. I'm still having SSBB Singles at 6PM. You said that you'll volunteer to help out in my forums so how about this... I will start SSBB Doubles at 4PM, make the brackets and you can help regulate it while I focus on the Main Tournament Lineup. So that way Doubles will start before Singles and most likely Willvolution 2008 will be finished before midnight. Is that cool with you, xYz?

I know I've spammed this thread with questions, but I have one more :]

I have to see Jerry Seinfeld on Saturday at 9:30. Do you think the Brawl singles will be starting around 6 or is that just when registration ends?

I really want to go because this would be my first tourney and it's the closest tourney to me.
SSBB Singles will start at 6PM.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair

Is this list okay for everybody?

McRib

Smash Journeyman
Thats sounds like a good idea but I'm pretty sure doubles will be longer than 2 hours, so doubles should start a little earlier or just give the official time of singles to start at 7 ish or something.

Equi

Smash Ace
Thank you for taking Rainbow Cruise off Will. A wise choice. I respect you much as a tournament director.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
pirate ship blows you the **** up.

I guess I haven't actually "played" on PS2 more than once or twice when brawl came out so im willing to give it a shot, but pirate ship is just retarted with teh bomb.z

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Omg Will

I love you.... like alot.... you made everyone's day. you're seriously the best tourney director.. and you're name is WiLL... just like meh.

nevershootme

Smash Master
blarg, so many tournies this weekend, do i go to

1. this
2. ddr storm xi
3. gigs

ugh
do you want to win free money in brawl (I dunno about that)?! then go to storm

if you want to get repped close by and play melee again, go to gigs

if you want to travel 3 hours and be stuck there until sunday playing tons of fighting games and i dunno, have a good time and get wasted by renting a room and trashing it overnight? then go to willvolution...

Frames

DI
do you want to win free money in brawl (I dunno about that)?! then go to storm

if you want to get repped close by and play melee again, go to gigs

if you want to travel 3 hours and be stuck there until sunday playing tons of fighting games and i dunno, have a good time and get wasted by renting a room and trashing it overnight? then go to willvolution...
actually if i went to storm i would go for ddr/itg, not even for brawl

melee is 2 good

but then again so is hardcore fighting extravaganzas

so idk lol

Frames

DI
unrelated note - ggac plus for psp is AWESOME!!! now i can take gg around with me and it's not judgement lol

my testament is too pro

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Will, I'm sure if you had a vote, most people would agree to take Pirate Ship and PS2 off.

I personally don't mind either of them (I play MK :)), but pirate ship really just sucks for some characters who already have bad recoveries.

PS2 has two really bad transformations:

Low Gravity: Allows characters like G&W to do crazy things like blow other characters right off the top, and causes really strange things to happen with certain character's recoveries.

Raging Treadmill Edges: This transformation is just messed up :(

In the 17 or so Brawl tournaments I've been to so far, I've never seen anyone play/ask to play on either of those two stages. They are bad :), but like I said, it's not something that would hurt me at all, just characters with bad recoveries.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
but pirate ship really just sucks for some characters who already have bad recoveries.
That makes no sense, water gives you your jump & up-b back. If you know you can't make it to the ledge, just fast fall into the water then get out of it. Just make sure you're not too close to the stage so your opponent doesn't have time to gimp you before you get out of the water.

Helps tether recovery characters (aside from Olimar who loses non-blue Pikmin) from getting edgehogged, characters like DK or Bowser who get almost no vert in up-b, Yoshi who got his 2nd jump stolen, even Snake if his up-b keeps getting intercepted. It's not like Jungle Japes where there's a current to carry you away, it's basically free ground to land on but with some lag. If you're smart about it, you shouldn't be getting spiked while in the water.

Top Bottom