• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Willvolution 2008 - West Palm Beach, FL - 07.26.08

AfroQT

Smash Master
Just as many people pick up Snake as MK.
I've started using alot more characters seriously.

Snake (main)
MK (secondary)
Wario (uhhh)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i think i just died alittle inside...

i havnt defeated capt. crunch in a chess set yet cause i havnt played him in a chess set yet

linguini picking up snake? not sure how i feel about that

adam is going to be my diddy disciple. i will teach him everything i know, and hopefully he can become a better diddy than me (which isnt hard. i suck)

AfroQT

Smash Master
Guini has been using snake now for awhile. Just not in tourney play. Hes making the switch.

Which is understandable, pasta's last 4 tourneys ended because he got a impossible matchup (falco/d3). You can either pick up a secondary or switch mains, both are respectable decisions.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
lol now its respectable.

Just use this easy to follow chart.

Characters that can win a tourny solo
Snake/MK

Chars that can get very far solo but are best used for counterpick situations
Wario/D3/ROB

choose to either play both top or 1 from each group to cover your weaknesses.

and to the ppl who are right under them in GW/DK/Marth just drop them for a different main from top and will do that much better.

truth of brawl.

edit: I don't think afro said he was trash ever.. he said he had tools. I def. said he was trash lol I haven't moved him up much since either. (just doesn't impress me/bias heh)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
lol now its respectable.

Just use this easy to follow chart.

Characters that can win a tourny solo
Snake/MK

Chars that can get very far solo but are best used for counterpick situations
Wario/D3/ROB

choose to either play both top or 1 from each group to cover your weaknesses.

and to the ppl who are right under them in GW/DK/Marth just drop them for a different main from top and will do that much better.

truth of brawl.

edit: I don't think afro said he was trash ever.. he said he had tools. I def. said he was trash lol I haven't moved him up much since either. (just doesn't impress me/bias heh)
I like using him against Snake but who does Wario counter pick? Also, Afro did say that Wario was trash before sandbagging as DK against my Wario. The only positive comment he made then, was about me taunting on the bike after I won.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
RxYz- Got this!!

fearless if you go, I want alot of friendlies with you, apparently I dont know how to fight Olimar, since i've lost 2 icekid and now you in tournament....

AfroQT

Smash Master
I like using him against Snake but who does Wario counter pick? Also, Afro did say that Wario was trash before sandbagging as DK against my Wario. The only positive comment he made then, was about me taunting on the bike after I won.
I was being sarcastic lol, and i sandbag everyone as DK i dont know how to play him rofl. I just smash alot.

EDIT:
Sabin its respectable to switch mains/pick up a secondary if your main has a impossible matchup....This is common knowledge for any fighter im going to hope.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i just played ted boosley online...and HE IS THE GREATEST IKE TO EVER LIVE. NO ONE WILL EVER COME CLOSE TO HIM. he says he trying to come back to tourneys. i personally cant wait until it happens. I miss the battle shouts

SabinX: i will NEVER drop diddy kong for those first 5 chars that you mentioned. I play competitive brawl for the community, for the fun of playing, and the recognition of actually being good at something on a broad scale (ie, statewide) And i wont drop GW, because i used him in melee when he was ****ty, and i actually like him as a character, even though he isnt as fun as diddy. So if i cant find a way win a tourney with those two chars, then i dont want to win

xYz, i have problems fighting olimar too. me and fearless are always back and forth in tourney sets...i think we're tied at 2 apiece now. i think olimar is just a ***** to fight, no matter who you are (minus wolf and MK). Doesnt help that olimar is supposedly a bad matchup for GW. i dont know how much weight you put on that, but thats what i heard

and im not mad at linguini or anything for switching to snake. im just not sure which i want to play in tourney: DK or snake

and i just want to reiterate how great ted boosley is

DIDDY CAN DO ANYTHING. I JUST SUCK AT THIS POINT SO YOU CANT SEE IT YET. BUT ONE DAY YOU ALL WILL

The WiLL

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I haven't been checking the forums as of late. I've been busy testing out my equipment for Willvolution 2008, advertising Willvo, making sure Willvolution.com forums are okay, making vids, working, practicing for this Sat, etc. Looks like I got some questions to answer...

-Doors will be open at 12:00PM EST. You have until 6:00PM to sign up for SSBB Singles.
-Rules are posted at www.willvo.com but here's the list of the n/c stages...

Neutral
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counterpicks
Brinstar (Melee version)
Castle Seige
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

I'm willing to add some cp stages but not take out what I have now. So what's up?

I will check back on the forums on Thurs to see the response. If there's a question you got for me, feel free to post here or for a quicker response, my AIM is Force of The WiLL.

3 more days!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well will, we kinda decided on a new stage list for tourneys and whatnot. Its in the "Florida Neutral/Counterpick" thread.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I REALLLY like that stage list.

It's got all the good ones, and it doesn't have any bad ones.

(norfair sucks)

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Will, I know you're holding doubles AFTER singles... but thats a bad idea. I speak for everyone when I say doubles BEFORE singles because doubles is a great way to warmup for singles. I'm sure everyone will agree.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Will, I know you're holding doubles AFTER singles... but thats a bad idea. I speak for everyone when I say doubles BEFORE singles because doubles is a great way to warmup for singles. I'm sure everyone will agree.
i'd prefer doubles before singles myself, but either way we're gonna be there late as hell.

i think ill bring a blanket and sleep in a corner or something

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
never heard so much whining about times. gigs goes till like 6am everytime lol

if you aren't used to staying up past 10-11pm, grow up or something.

it shouldn't be THAT long anyway.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
never heard so much whining about times. gigs goes till like 6am everytime lol

if you aren't used to staying up past 10-11pm, grow up or something.

it shouldn't be THAT long anyway.
gigs went to 6am once...which i guess is everytime to you cause im not sure if you've been to any gigs past the 1st one

"if you aren't used to staying up past 10-11pm, grow up or something." ...this statement is so dumb im not even sure what to say to it. I guess im dumbfounded, or whatever the word is

Equi

Smash Ace
Ban Rainbow Cruise or I'm not coming.

And I love your tourneys btw and I know me not coming isn't gonna destroy the tourney, but it's just my personal decision to not compete with Rainbow Cruise on.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ban Rainbow Cruise or I'm not coming.

And I love your tourneys btw and I know me not coming isn't gonna destroy the tourney, but it's just my personal decision to not compete with Rainbow Cruise on.
if he leaves it on, im just gonna ban it everytime

dont worry equi, if you play me, you know i wont pick it against you

Equi

Smash Ace
It's not you, Wolf gets owned on that stage it's practically an automatic loss and SOMEONE will counterpick it.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
I know I've spammed this thread with questions, but I have one more :]

I have to see Jerry Seinfeld on Saturday at 9:30. Do you think the Brawl singles will be starting around 6 or is that just when registration ends?

I really want to go because this would be my first tourney and it's the closest tourney to me.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I know I've spammed this thread with questions, but I have one more :]

I have to see Jerry Seinfeld on Saturday at 9:30. Do you think the Brawl singles will be starting around 6 or is that just when registration ends?

I really want to go because this would be my first tourney and it's the closest tourney to me.
jerry seinfield is in florida? thats pretty random

the tourney will be starting around six. registration for it is from noon-6pm

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
It's not you, Wolf gets owned on that stage it's practically an automatic loss and SOMEONE will counterpick it.
imma find a way to beat your wolf without picking gay stages. Sadly diddy might not be the way...even scrub wolfs almost beat me at FAST

Equi

Smash Ace
imma find a way to beat your wolf without picking gay stages. Sadly diddy might not be the way...even scrub wolfs almost beat me at FAST
My strategy against your diddy. Go all out aggressive motha ****** crazy. And I do say, your diddy is the only character in the game I do that against. Your G&W however, is a contest of patience for me, and getting in one hit at a time.

The way to beat Diddy Kong is to constantly be aggressive like it's Melee and stay on the monkey's ***. If I were to play passively and let you throw bananas I'd lose.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Will if you could please use this set up for stages.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
This is Wills tournament. He can do whatever the **** he wants. So stop asking him to change ****.

Top Bottom