• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will You Find a Copy of Brawl?

vull45

Smash Apprentice
With Shortages already in Japan for Brawl, how do you think America will fair? Consider Nintendo's problem with Wii shortages and the blood, sweat, and tears you had to put out to get a Wii consol. Granted I realize the consols and game disks dont take the same amount of time to produce I am still conserned esepcially with how many copies sold the first day in japan.

This article said that suppliers were only getting 25% of what they ordered. Even if you have a pre-order watch out

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/nintendo-drasti.html

P.S. this post is in the Spoiler-Free Zone because I would like to look at the responces without fear

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
We've pre-ordered. I'm not too worried about it. EBGames is having a midnight thing for it, and they said all those who had it reserved already have first dibs.

P.S. Well, my post is a spoiler-infested zone. But I'll be nice and not post anything. *laughs* Seriously, who cares? It just means we'll be better than you before you. Mwaha!

EDIT: nevermind...

FINAL ROSTER! http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/01/ssbbwolfroster.jpg

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i pre-ordered mine along time ago. i will get it when it comes out. if worst comes to worst i will mod my wii and order from the states. i will just have to live with the wrong spelling of color

EDIT - what? why is this in this forum

DAVO

Smash Rookie
i dont think there will be shortage in america , the reason for the shortage of games in japan is because of the rushed release date.
Finally a good thing about the delays , the get it first but only a few get it , we wil get ours in mass XDD

burrito

Smash Lord
I think one of the reasons that the delay for America was so much longer than Japan was so that they would have time to make more copies of Brawl. I got it pre-ordered and I'm not worried about it.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I have my game preordered.. but because they changed the date (and because I chose the cheaper delivery service), I will be getting my copy at the end of march break :\..

vull45

Smash Apprentice
I pre-ordered mine as they were setting brawl up in their system's. I was just considering the scope of the game and how crazy popular the smash series is. I have a friend who never owned melee and doesn't have a Wii and he still plans on buying it. (Doesn't make any sense) And it goes without saying the everyone on smashboards will getting a copy as soon as humanly possible. It would be nice if they ship enough to cover all the pre-orders

But I think DAVO and burrito bring up a good point, with our delay Nintendo is going to be pumping out as many copies as they can so those of us with pre-orders should be safe (35 days left)

Ojanya

Smash Ace
I learned my lesson with not pre-ordering. Therefore, Brawl IS preordered!

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I pre-ordered mine from Nintendo World. Considering I bought my Wii there on Christmas Eve of '06 and they had plenty to go around, I'm guessing they'll have enough copies. I would be nervous if I was everyone else though.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I preordered Brawl so I'm good.

I don't have a Wii though. Maybe Nintendo World has it?

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I already preordered mine from Best Buy around two weeks before Christmas, so I am not really worried. Its supposed to be at my house sometime between the 10th-16th. If worst comes to worst, it will be the 16th, or maybe even a few days later, but hey, I'll live, it is February vacation then for me:).

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I think I've done everything to prevent my not having a copy on 3/9/08. I've reserved it (1st one at my store :)), saved $55 just in case, have a PlayNTrade about a mile from my house for quick access, and nobody in my town seems to like anything Nintendo.

I think I'll be good to go.

Twilightwolf

Smash Cadet
Not only did I pre-order it when the Best Buy said that it was coming out 3/16/07 (a generic date), but I also got it shipped to my house with the best shipping (over $60 total, but the gift cards from last year's Christmas worked). They did guarentee same-day shipping back then, but not anymore... so I will be patient and cross my fingers, but then again, so will everyone else I imagine.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Preordered and put some cash down on it. Brawl will be popular in this area, I've talked to dozens of people who plan on running out and getting it. But I reserved it back when December was the release date. So I think I should be good to go.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
i havent preordered, i live in the uk so i dont even know if my local game shop would let me preorder anyway, due to the fact there isnt a release date yet. my initial plan was to buy it on release day, but now im worrying that may not be possible, due to the fact everyone else may have already preordered (if its possible). having said that, i dont know how popular smash bros is over here, so there may be a chance il get it fine without preordering.

EDIT: even if i could preorder now, theres probably no point, because if thats the case the number of people who have already preordered would probably have exceeded the amount ot stock the shop would get on release day anyway.

vull45

Smash Apprentice
i havent preordered, i live in the uk so i dont even know if my local game shop would let me preorder anyway, due to the fact there isnt a release date yet. my initial plan was to buy it on release day, but now im worrying that may not be possible, due to the fact everyone else may have already preordered (if its possible). having said that, i dont know how popular smash bros is over here, so there may be a chance il get it fine without preordering.

EDIT: even if i could preorder now, theres probably no point, because if thats the case the number of people who have already preordered would probably have exceeded the amount ot stock the shop would get on release day anyway.
I know in the past American games haven't worked on systems sold in the UK and vis versa. Is this true for the Wii also? My question is would you be able to buy on Ebay and play it there?

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
I know in the past American games haven't worked on systems sold in the UK and vis versa. Is this true for the Wii also? My question is would you be able to buy on Ebay and play it there?
You would have to mod your wii or buy a Japanese one to do so. I preordered mine and will wait outside Gamsestop early in the morning.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I didn't pre-order it but I think I am save. I work at Target and I am for sure we are getting enough copies of it. That sunday, I am going to Target at 6:30 and waiting till we open at 8. A friend of mine, depending on how many we have, said he will set it aside in case they sell out before I get it. Then I have the entire day off and having a whole bunch of friends over.

Just in case though, my sister's boyfriend and his friend pre-ordered it so I will be using their copies if I don't end up getting it.

I am not to worried though. We don't have midnight releases thankfully. As well, for the PS3, we had 6 people in line. The night before the Wii was going to come out, we had 2 people waiting. As well, we had enough copies of Halo 3 and Guitar Hero 3 to last the entire day. My Target is the biggest in the area so we have priority over all the others. Every one goes to Gamestop or EB Games for the new releases.

I got a question though. What does everybody think of that plan? Should I go there at 5:30 instead?

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Of course I will. And since most of my copy is paid for, I should have some sort of priority so I won't have a problem getting it. (I turned in old games in exchange for extra %20 store credit towards it.)

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Ordered it back in October off of Gamestop's site. Got the street-date delivery shipping which they can no longer honor because it releases on a sunday but they assured me I was getting it on monday. So the latest I'll get it is hopefully tuesday.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Why do you think they delayed Brawl for an extra month? Seriously. There won't be shortages, or at least not huge ones.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
My brother preordered brawl back in November. Besides, there won't be shortages. Brawl's been done for awhile, they're just mass producing it.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
I've had mine pre-ordered since September, fully paid for so I wouldn't have to worry about not having the coin to go around come December; though that whole scheme didn't really turn out to be all that fruitful, eh?
Shyikes, considering how long I've had my cash down, I better get it release day.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
honestly i dont think anybody's gonna be able to find a copy of brawl, because all the people who preordered will be taking them!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I have two GameStops right by NIU. Just as happened for the midnight release of Halo 3, friends will be with me. I go home on the weekends to hang out with my friends from home, so I'll be driving us back to my campus, because we have them reserved there. Nine people are going to be in our group waiting in line, 5 of which will be purchasing the game. All 5 have pre-oredered (mine done back in September).

As we did with Halo 3, we'll be getting there around 5:30 in the afternoon and waiting for midnight.

Top Bottom