• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will You Find a Copy of Brawl?

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
brawl was the first game i preordered too ^_^
its just that awesome
at SSB125, 11:50 might not be early enough for a game as big as brawl

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Let's hope they do Smash like Mario Galaxy, have two shelves full of them. Well this is a big game, so they might do it like that as well.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Preordered it just earlier today, along with picking up a few good games. I'm guaranteed to have my copy at midnight on launch day as I might as well enter GameStop's tournament as well. And as long as I don't tell my friends of it I have a fairly high chance of getting 1st.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Let's hope they do Smash like Mario Galaxy, have two shelves full of them. Well this is a big game, so they might do it like that as well.
Maybe that's how galaxy went where you were, but while my EB Games did have plenty in stock, there shipment came a day after the release date, so they did have my pre-ordered copy, but not on time. It wasn't a big deal for Galaxy, but if they did that with Smash I would flip a ****.

Ellio 2 b

Smash Apprentice
Preordered at my local Gamecrazy. They said to come pick it up March 9th, anytime. I think I am going to be just fine.

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
I pre-ordered my copy back in november of '07. But besides, why do you think Brawl got delayed till march? Because they have to make enough copys and ship them all over the U.S. Feb just wasnt enough time for them, but now i dont care about the delays anymore because ive seen videos....AND THEY ARE AWESOME!!!

~MMK

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
I pre-ordered my copy back in november of '07. But besides, why do you think Brawl got delayed till march? Because they have to make enough copys and ship them all over the U.S. Feb just wasnt enough time for them, but now i dont care about the delays anymore because ive seen videos....AND THEY ARE AWESOME!!!

~MMK
you have no proof of this.

joelthemole

Smash Rookie
heh heh

Same for me too folks, I pre-ordered that beast last year, before the big delay. This is also the first game I have ever pre-ordered. Of course I was curious as to how pre-ordering worked, and The guy at gamestop said if I pre ordered it now, I would pay 5 bucks, and get five bucks back when I buy it, so I was like... "OK"

I will have my wii code up soon for those of you looking for a good romp.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Same for me too folks, I pre-ordered that beast last year, before the big delay. This is also the first game I have ever pre-ordered. Of course I was curious as to how pre-ordering worked, and The guy at gamestop said if I pre ordered it now, I would pay 5 bucks, and get five bucks back when I buy it, so I was like... "OK"

I will have my wii code up soon for those of you looking for a good romp.
odd.............. i am exactly the same................ before the big delay and its the first game that i preordered..............and i payed 5 dollers for it up front......................

weird..........

ah well

Mario161

Smash Cadet
I have had mine preordered for awhile now. It's just the wait that bothers me!

Dinh

Smash Rookie
Mine's been completely paid for since before Thanksgiving. I'm just going to show up on March 9th with my receipt and walk out with a glorious copy. Hopefully there'll be enough in stock. Only problem is, my game store is located inside a mall, so I don't know if there'll be a midnight release or if i'm going to have to camp out for several hours until they open.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I'm not pre-ordering as I'm buying it at Walmart and they don't do pre-orders. I will be there at midnight though so when I see a copy I'm buying one.

They probably will have tons of copy's if it's like any other major game released recently. Just crossing my fingers that they don't get the shipment late.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Pre-ordered mine, though I'm in the middle of nowhere at college with no car so it will be shipped here. Should have it by March 14th though if nothing goes wrong.

vull45

Smash Apprentice
Proof of what exactly? Ill be glad to give you any proof you need :D

~MMK
I am assuming he is asking for proof that the delay was in order to make more copies. (But i can't be sure i'm not the best at reading minds.)

masterquest?
Masterquest is an alternative verson of OoT (Ocarina of Time) Its a second quest in which the dungeons and other elements of the game have been changed, similar to the second quest of the original Zelda game. The concept is to make the game harder and give the gamer a chance to play OoT a whole new way... that kinda sounds like a sales pitch:laugh: It plays on the game cube, the grapics have been bushed up, it contains the original Quest as well.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
I am assuming he is asking for proof that the delay was in order to make more copies. (But i can't be sure i'm not the best at reading minds.)

Masterquest is an alternative verson of OoT (Ocarina of Time) Its a second quest in which the dungeons and other elements of the game have been changed, similar to the second quest of the original Zelda game. The concept is to make the game harder and give the gamer a chance to play OoT a whole new way... that kinda sounds like a sales pitch:laugh: It plays on the game cube, the grapics have been bushed up, it contains the original Quest as well.
ooh, that... I could care less for it, as I'm sexy enough to own LOZ, LOZ:ALTTP, LOZ:OOT, and LOZ:MM all on one disk... I love majora's mask the most though...

TheZeroOne

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember when i pre-ordered my copy... But it was either early November or late October.

First game I ever pre-ordered! But I lost the receipt. It should be fine though, since I should be in their computer.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember when i pre-ordered my copy... But it was either early November or late October.

First game I ever pre-ordered! But I lost the receipt. It should be fine though, since I should be in their computer.
If you lost the receipt, all you have to do is show them some sort of ID.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I preordered mine from GameStop sometime in October, but the people who said their reservations got lost and stuff like that make me nervous. I think I'll stop by tomorrow to make sure they've still got mine, and that way, if they don't, I can make sure they get it again. I'm gonna be pissed if I have to pay $50 again, though.
Thats when and where I pre-ordered my copy. :(

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Download? Last time I saw someone with Melee on his PC it crashed. I can barely play SSB64 on my PC so there's no way Brawl [assuming there was a download, even though there isn't] would work on mine.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Download? Last time I saw someone with Melee on his PC it crashed. I can barely play SSB64 on my PC so there's no way Brawl [assuming there was a download, even though there isn't] would work on mine.
*sigh* There's a japanese versino you can DL and burn to a DVDR if u have a dual layer burner. If your wii has the proper modd you can play it on wifi with no problems at all. Figure it out or ask "dieslow" or "Hitsugaya"

smashblu

Smash Cadet
I was told at my Gamestop that they we're getting 1.5 copies for every pre-order (which is something that generally happens with big game releases). I went there with my friends to get Burning Crusade (I wasn't getting it, I have a life) and there was like a million copies. One of my friends didn't have a pre-order so he had to wait until everyone with a pre-order got one. After that there was an entire wall full of copies. I think Brawl is an even bigger launch than Burning Crusade, so I'm not worried, especially since I already paid in full. My Gamestop is also doing a midnight release an a tournament so that's cool. It's the one in Montclair, CA (on Central Ave). So if anyone else here is getting their copy from there, please tell me what to you're showing up so I can get there before you. Kidding.

Top Bottom