• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will You Find a Copy of Brawl?

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I have two GameStops right by NIU. Just as happened for the midnight release of Halo 3, friends will be with me. I go home on the weekends to hang out with my friends from home, so I'll be driving us back to my campus, because we have them reserved there. Nine people are going to be in our group waiting in line, 5 of which will be purchasing the game. All 5 have pre-oredered (mine done back in September).

As we did with Halo 3, we'll be getting there around 5:30 in the afternoon and waiting for midnight.
How exactly does a midnight release work? Do you have to wait in line for awhile?

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Well, I pre-order mines at GameStop, so I should get it before two days are out.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
to mirai87, you dont HAVE to wait in line for a while, but depending on the popularity of the game, youll need to get there earlier. once midnight comes around, they open up and give out their copies in order of the people who got there first.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I see. But if you pre-ordered it, they should have a guaranteed copy for you in the store at that time right?

Because I'm a busy lad and don't really have the time to sit at a gamestop for a billion hours. I was planning on going around 11 :p

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
I see. But if you pre-ordered it, they should have a guaranteed copy for you in the store at that time right?

Because I'm a busy lad and don't really have the time to sit at a gamestop for a billion hours. I was planning on going around 11 :p
no, it isn't a guarantee. First come first buy is how it works without preorders, and that is how it how it works with preorders depending on when you ordered it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So does everyone think there will be enough copies in the States? Or will we be seeing a shortage despite the delay America has?

I have 13 people coming to my party and if I happen to not get it on sunday, I had 3 backups...one being the Japanese version.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Yea, the delay's purpose was just to make more copies. It better be at my house by 3/15, cuz I'm also having ppl over my house, and we are doing money matches! I don't have any backups, but I'm not worried, I preordered it like December 10th or something at Best Buy, which is usually reliable.

vull45

Smash Apprentice
I tried finding any new articles discusing the supply america was getting for brawl game but Failed:( If anyone finds out anything (i.e. word of mouth or a news article) Please post it here. In Japan, Nintendo could only supply 15% of pre-orders. Statistics would be nice of how America would fare. A portion of the games that Nintendo is producing has to stay in Japan to make up for the massive shortages.

If every one did get their pre-orders in the US, do you think the store copies would sell out?

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
if you haven't pre-ordered it yet, you might as well just have another delay, cuz itll take that long for copies to start lasting more than 5 minutes on the shelf....

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
yea why does gamestop (eb i guess) seem so popular here....owell, like sonic zero x said, just go to some other game store and youll find it there ^_^

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
Indeed, I agree.
Ppl sell there all kinds of fake stuff, from games to consoles.
I sugest not to buy from there.
I bought two GC controllers and they broke after 5 games of melee.

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
I am so glad I reserved mine a long time ago. The recent has been sitting in my wallet taunting me every day when I have to open it up to get cash. and Ebay sucks for getting gaming stuff. I have bought controllers and games and they all broke. Music Instruments however I buy on there and they work amazingly good. Kinda a 50 50 shot with Ebay alot of the time.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Seeing as I don't even have a Wii, and I probably won't be able to find one before the game even comes out I really don't think I'll be getting Brawl either. I've already had Super Mario Galaxy collecting dust for a month and a half. :ohwell:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I pre-ordered brawl on 5/16/06, and I chose the garunteed shipping option (which ran me a good 15 dollars...the friggars). I'm not worried about getting Brawl in a timely fashion, but I'll be powerful angry if they tell me they didn't have enough to get me a copy.

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
I have mine preordered and paid in full. Our GameStop is pretty out of the way, so I'm sure I'll get my copy on day 1. If not, don't be surprised if you see an article in the news that says "Arizona Teen on Rampage tied to Game Shortages"... :p

vull45

Smash Apprentice
Ebay sucks for getting gaming stuff. I have bought controllers and games and they all broke. Music Instruments however I buy on there and they work amazingly good. Kinda a 50 50 shot with Ebay alot of the time.
Yes ebay is risky, but Ebay is best when buying hard to find games. Its a chance I'm willing to take. Where else are you going to find Zelda CD-i games, plus the lowest ebay price is always lower then the used store prices. Sucks for you that you got gypped I have pitty upon you, guess i'm just lucky. Just remember to look on the sellers feedback score

Hard Corwen

Smash Cadet
With Shortages already in Japan for Brawl, how do you think America will fair? Consider Nintendo's problem with Wii shortages and the blood, sweat, and tears you had to put out to get a Wii consol. Granted I realize the consols and game disks dont take the same amount of time to produce I am still conserned esepcially with how many copies sold the first day in japan.

This article said that suppliers were only getting 25% of what they ordered. Even if you have a pre-order watch out

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/nintendo-drasti.html

P.S. this post is in the Spoiler-Free Zone because I would like to look at the responces without fear
For one Japan's Poulation = 127,433,494
U.S.A.'s Population = 301,139,947

I would think (and this might have something slighty to do with our march 9th delay) that maybe they will be making more copies.

Even if you don't get one reserved; try target, try walmart, try best buy, try circuit city, try hastings, try virgin megastore, try kmart, try gamestop/eb anyway, play and trade, amazon (more waiting), fye, borders, barnes and nobles., etc. There are tons of places that sell new media. So try them all if you can't/didn't reserve one.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
hard corwen youre right the delay was primarily to make more copies, which i think was a dumb move seeing that delaying it will just give more time for people to preorder it....

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
I preordered mine from GameStop sometime in October, but the people who said their reservations got lost and stuff like that make me nervous. I think I'll stop by tomorrow to make sure they've still got mine, and that way, if they don't, I can make sure they get it again. I'm gonna be pissed if I have to pay $50 again, though.

Weed

Smash Lord
I'm rather curious if EBgames will hold true to the reservation I put in during last summer.. with all the delay and such. (I didn't pay full price, just 5 bucks for a "guaranteed copy)

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
why? surely a game like brawl will become out of stock within the first day of realese, i mean moreless everybody wants it. It's easier to pre-order first class and get it on the day of realese than to wait a week or two when the game is back in stock..
:ohwell:
don't tell him tell, then he'll say "well it's only a week" then he will be smacked by "wii syndrome"

vull45

Smash Apprentice
Pre-ordering is always better. You have a better chance of getting the game you want, you can pay ahead of time and just pick it up, and it usually comes with swag. For instance pre-ordering the Wind Waker scored you a free copy of Masterquest. So why not it doesn't cost any more?

Top Bottom