• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you camp out for Brawl? What will you bring?

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
I wont be camping, look, I waited so long I might as well a little while longer.

I'm going to have many years of fun with that game and a few hours less of that aint gonna hurt me.

And no this isnt a masked I'm better then you and you're geeks post, I camped out for Star wars episode 1 tickets.

Konpaku

Smash Journeyman
Get ready: this is a long one

2x relax sun thingy chairs
1x DS
1x Mario Kart
1x PSP
1x Laptop
1x Brass knuckles (you know how it gets...)
1x King size bag of ruffles sour creme and cheddar
1x Novelty Mario Drink Hat
1x Ipod
1x Video Camera (Its a very important moment in gaming history, you all know that :D)
2x Pencil
30x sheets of xerox paper
1x Portable TV (goin outta my way...?)
1x Wii mote (I'ma jack the demo they have inside with a new thing that can sync a wiimote from far away without hitting a button lol.....)
And if anything else comes to mind, Then I'll bring it...
How do you plan on carrying all this stuff o_0

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
A couple of my friends and I have been planning to wait in front of Target at 6AM. I can't remember if store opens at 8AM or 9AM.

The first time I camped was for the Wii. I went to Target at 3AM and got like... 8th in line or something, I could've been third, but I waited in the car until around 5:30AM. I had a lot of fun. I only brought my DS. My friend drove me over to the store (I can't drive) and brought his DS too, so we played that. There were some fun moments. Like a guy getting bored and bringing out his paper mache Mario mask that fit over his entire head. He then started running around outside the store and doing Marioesque actions. The only thing I didn't like was that it was really cold and my shoes and socks were really thin and so my feet were numb most of the time I stood in line.

Anyways... I may or may not camp for Brawl. I want to, but then I think it might not be worth it because there's not a large gaming community around here. Seriously, Kmart had LOADS of copies of Halo 3 at 8:40AM. I bought the $70 Halo 3 and a Halo 3 edition Xbox 360. And then Target had a lot of copies of Halo 3 about 4 days after the launch. Still, Brawl isn't as popular as Halo 3, so there may not be as many copies come release day.

Another problem is that the release is on a Sunday... and I have church on Sunday. But when I'm with my friends, I usually go to the 11AM services. So I'll be squirming around in the pew thinking about playing Brawl.

The stuff I bring will probably just be my DS and games. Oh, and warm shoes w/warm socks, and my Wii Sports track jacket that I got at the store I hate, and some moneys. <_<
I have it reserved and am camping out in front of gamestop just like i did for Halo 3. I live in a college town, and the entire city was basically sold out of H3 for a week if you didnt reserve.

And for Halo 3, microsoft and Bungie sent like 500 copies (no exageration) to every store. Knowing Nintendo, they'll send whatever the two GameStops in my town order to fill reserves, and beyong that like 30 copies per game stop and probably less for Wal-Mart and Target.

Nintendo never thinks of their own stuff as big as Brawl is gonna be. The worst ever was fricking Pokemon Yellow. It took me like 4 weeks to get a copy. And I got Twilight Princess for Christmas, but I remember hearing how that was a hard to find one too.

And I remember GameStop (the entire effing franchise) sold out of Wii Play preorders, I was lucky to get a copy. IF WII PLAY SOLD OUT AND WAS HARD TO FIND, THEN BRAWL SURE THE EFF WILL BE.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I'm gonna camp out
I'm also organizing a huge food fight while smoking a cigar at my school on the 8th so me and my friends can play Brawl for 10 days non-stop on our suspension

That is full of Mecha-Win. (except dont do the cigar part. cancer is hell.)

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
OP you are really over doing it.

Ipod
Cell Phone
Energy Drink

I'm set.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
OP you are really over doing it.

Ipod
Cell Phone
Energy Drink

I'm set.
I should have originally clarified: most of that stuff wont be out the entire time, but in my car. pretty much only the snacks, cooler, warming-things, and chairs will be out the entire time. Then if im like 'i wanna play viewtiful joe double trouble' i will go to my car to get the ds and that game, put it back when im done.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
well i live far away in Bahrain, a country in the Middle East. Getting the game earlier is better than waiting 2 or 3 days until the stupid shopowners raise the price of every game available. i mean $100 for an old GC game? ,this shop owners got problems, luckly i dont purchase from that place, $50 is 17 BD(bahraini dinars) and 100$ = 24 BD ,but wait? they made it worse, 45 BD is the price of games that he sells,imagine $140 for a video game .....DISC!! not console,did you see the price of Wii in this country? it is the same price expect added one more 100BD of the ps3. W ....T....F.... i would bring DS,Food,everything and thats all

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
In my exp from wiiday 06, Chairs, sleeping bag, friends, Chips, people to hold spots for mcdonalds runs, and an Mp3 player should do.

However I may bring the Apocalypse TV(6 inch TV-Radio-Lantern-Flashlight-Thermometer-Compass combo(aka greatest stupid gift ever)) and a cube to play melee on.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Of course I will, I'll bring melee and my tv and plenty of power to supply, and probablly my cube, and have a place to have a brawl party directly afterwards that last all night. And of course some sort of a tent or whatnot with food inside and a girll, and of vourse three body guards dressed like link to fend off anyone thinking they can stel some food. And then I will be in my Link costume and my friends will be in their costumes too. and then umm, have a melee tournament outside the store.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
In my exp from wiiday 06, Chairs, sleeping bag, friends, Chips, people to hold spots for mcdonalds runs, and an Mp3 player should do.

However I may bring the Apocalypse TV(6 inch TV-Radio-Lantern-Flashlight-Thermometer-Compass combo(aka greatest stupid gift ever)) and a cube to play melee on.
playing Melee during it's final hours FTW!

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
If Gamestop does a midnight release (I've already reserved it there), I'll just be bringing my DS and whatever game I'm in the middle of at the time, plus a few good multiplayer titles for my fellow DS-carrying Brawlers.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
it's funny how many people had DS's with them during midnight releases. i usually bring both my ds and psp, but everybody has a ds. in my opinion, PSP is the better hardware but DS has better games. even at the halo release there were all kinds of pokemon, mario kart, and animal crossing users around

Max780

Smash Apprentice
Yes and by then I will have gotten my Drivers license and hopefully my first car so I'll bring that my DS, Phone, Laptop, a Few movies etc...

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Of course ill be on line first with my buddy and ill bring my deathnote just in case the gamestop doesnt get them in time.

Zjiin

Smash Master
When I camped out for the Wii, i brought a bottle of Jack Daniels. I'm surprised I actually remembered what i was there for by the time it was my turn to buy one. (I honestly have no memory of it)

brawl1994

Smash Journeyman
if my parents would let me go with some friends, i would, heres what i would bring:

my DS
TONS of mountain dew
money :p
Homework
video camera (showing me buying the game at midnight)
my MP3 player
a home-made Brawl t-shirt
a pillow
a sign saying "im buying brawl 2-night :p"

but i doubt my parents would let me (lets hope)

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Melee was easily and plentifully available when it first came out. I'll take my chances with Brawl. Pretty much any Target or Wal-Mart will have the game.

I am a smash fan and there is no question i will at least be playing it the first day. But camping out just for a game? I may be a nerd like the restayas but I'm not a loser!
I rather be a complete nerd than an a$s hole like you.

Believe it or not, half of camping involves social interaction with one another, and it's actually fun.

CKRikou

Smash Rookie

Believe it or not, half of camping involves social interaction with one another, and it's actually fun.
^QFT. I'm bringing myself, a sketchbook w/ pencils & erasers, money, and good, warm clothing.

Hell, I love Smash Bros. I'ma start camping on Friday after school of that weekend. Also, I may just bring my Cube and hook it up to my car and play melee for the couple of days before Brawl's released that Sunday.

13 weeks, 5 days...

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I'm not camping out because I know Brawl will be available without having to. Plus, I don't like the idea of sitting outside a gamestop for hours upon hours in the freezing cold waiting for a game that I can just pick up in the morning.

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
I will most likley be camping out for Brawl (or waiting in line, if there is a Midnight release). I reserved Halo 3 and was at that midnight release (my friends and i were the first three in line at this gamestop, and the line ended up wraping all the way around the building). I'd likley bring the same things. I have it reserved at one of the 2 gamestops by my college, so thats where i'll be.

-Chairs for me and whatever friends also reserved at the same Gamestop
-DS and DS games
-PSP and PSP games
-Laptop
-Cell Phone
-Ipod
-Cooler for drinks (Game Fuel*, A&W Root Beer, XS Energy Drinks, and Water)
-Snacks (Wheat Thins, Cheeze Itz)
-Homework
-Magazines
-Jackets and Blankets
-Wallet w/Cash for Brawl
-Extra cash (in case there is Brawl merch. At Halo 3 launch I picked up the Spartan controller, as well as this sweet Master Chief Halo green t-shirt, and my buddy got a MC keychain).

I didnt have everything out with me at once. I kept most in my car, got it out as I needed/wanted it. Basically snacks, chairs, cooler was all that was out the entire time.

I am definitley gonna be waiting outside for what will be either the 1st or 2nd most epic game of all time. Will you? I just hope it stays at Feb, and doesnt go to Holliday 08. It would be even colder out then...

*Game Fuel wont be being sold in Feb. anymore, so I have 10 fridge packs of it saved, that will not be touched until the launch and week following.

Jeez your going all out. For the wii, i just brought 300 dollars a pillow, cell, and sleeping bag- it sprinkled. Oh, and some munchies and hot cocoa. I think its gonna be the same way for brawl. Will they do a midnight release? (i doubt it)

Stryks

Smash Hero

Very true, I had so much fun when I went for the wii, it was awesome talking with other players, Im planning to go with my buds, connect tv on the car, and do a mini tourney...

yeah...

Deka~Fox

Smash Cadet
I already reserverd a copy so i might just pick it up around 8:00am.
Where did you reserve where you can pick it up at 8am???

The last time I camped was for the Gamecube just because I was so intent on playing Melee day one and now the same holds true for the Wii.

I bought my Cube from Target b/c they opened at 730am where I am. I plan to do the same for Brawl. I'm actually glad its coming out on a Sunday b/c that way I can play it that entire day and take off of work and play it on Monday as well.

So far, I am going to prepare that entire weekend, calling it "Smash Weekend" by setting up two TVs in the basement and 2 Wiis and playing Melee all weekend with my friends until its time to go buy Brawl. I can't wait, good times ahead, only 97 more days......

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Jeez your going all out. For the wii, i just brought 300 dollars a pillow, cell, and sleeping bag- it sprinkled. Oh, and some munchies and hot cocoa. I think its gonna be the same way for brawl. Will they do a midnight release? (i doubt it)
considering the gamestops here do midnight launches for basically anything with over 100 preorders, im sure it will happen. i dont know if that is this stores poilcy or company policy though. i havnt gone to every midnight launch for games I have reserved, but I have been to some.

i can remember them doing midnight launches for these games (only been in this town for college for 2 years)

Twilight Princess**
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl**
Halo 3*
Guitar Hero 2 for 360
Guitar Hero 3
Madden NFL 2008*
Madden NFL 2007**
Blue Dragon**
Mario Strikers Charged** (i know, what the crap did this need a midnight for...)
Orange Box
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction*
Metroid Prime 3)
Tomb Raider Anniversary (i think the PS2 version, whichever version came out first)

*i was there to buy the game
**not at midnight launch, but own the game

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'll bring my bassoon! ^_^ :laugh:

Haha. Actually no way. I'm not even camping out for it. Honestly, I'm not that obsessed. I'll be reserving the game anyways, so I won't have any problem getting it. (assuming that Isaac is playable, of course.:p)

Snakz

Smash Ace
If there's even a line in my area, then yea ill camp out (they had 3 Wii's just sitting there in the store one day....3!!)

If i dont have to camp, i grab it, speed down the road, possibly getting a ticket, and locking myself inside for the next 20 hours, regardless of whether i have classes that day or not.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
i willl prolly a TV cube and melee along with my ds and all those games. i may bring my wii as well and maybe get some action in right as it comes out.
when the wii came out i camped out in front of wal-mart for 3 days. It was the best line i have EVER waited in. i almost wanted the wii to come out one day late just so i could have more fun. i set-up a tent with inflatable matress and a heater inside. Everyone in line used the outlets that the soda machines were plugged into for heating, of course we overloaded the breakers like 10X a night. we had extension cords running to like 5 tents with heaters. i also brought my tv and cube and had a mini-melee tournament. at night we all stayed up til like 5-6 am playing mariokartds or metroid prime hunters on so on. btw 8 player mkds rocks.
me and my own friends played monopoly inside the tent and i won :). i also brought my link costume wich included a replica shield and sword (an actual sword). I was the first in line to get the wii. i was so proud. anyways i had sooooo much fun i cant wait for the next system to come out so i can have another 3 days of pure fun and gameplay. of course ill be playin brawl this time around ;)

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
If i dont have to camp, i grab it, speed down the road, possibly getting a ticket, and locking myself inside for the next 20 hours, regardless of whether i have classes that day or not.
soooo what im gonna do too

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping my store ends up doing a midnight release since I always work at those and they're hella fun. Especially since we'll probably play Melee during the down period waiting for everyone. Then after it's all said and done I'll probably drive back and sleep until about 6 or 7 then wake up and stop MAYBE at 2 in the morning on Monday.

We did one for Madden '08 I hope Brawl is at least held in that much regard for crying out loud.

Top Bottom