• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you camp out for Brawl? What will you bring?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I'm hoping my store ends up doing a midnight release since I always work at those and they're hella fun.
hopefully Nintendo wont be ignorant...i guess they frown on midnight releases, although the gamestops in my town usually have them for nintendo games anyway...

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
What the hell is the point of camping out in the middle of winter when you could just simply go five minutes before 12 and wait and then get it? o_O

Just preorder the **** game. Honestly, people..

Darkurai

Smash Master
Will you camp out for Brawl?
No. I'll be sleeping soundly in my bed, and then I'll pick up my reserved copy in the morning and play it until I go to bed.
If there's a midnight release, then I won't be waiting in line. If there's a big Smash Bros. party at GameStop, then I'll go, but it's not worth waiting out in the cold when I can sleep in my nice warm bed and get my guaranteed copy in the morning.

Smash Apprentice
No. I haven't preordered either. I'll just get it normally, and hope they have it in stock.:)

Gomolka

Smash Apprentice
I have a group of 3 other friends who are going to go with me. We are most likely going to go up to the shopping center where we reserved our copies at around 6pm. There we will make a camp at the front door with a TV, food, drinks, all bring our DS's with multiple games, and probably just sit around and talk for a while.

Plus, we are in a shopping center with a bunch of other stuff around. A pizza place, a candy store, ACME, CVS, IHOP, Quiznos, and the EB Games itself until around 9.
Also, there is a WaWa (for those on the east coast), a Wings 2 Go, China Garden (chinese food obv.), Pretzel Boy (pretzels + stuff obv.), an Arby's and another Pizza place.

It'll be hella fun. We did this in the same group for Halo 3 and Guitar Hero 3.

*And I will adjust my sleeping schedule so that I fall asleep at around 6 in the morning, and wake up at 5 in the afternoon. Rally the troops, get our supplies, and then it's off to GameStop! Then I'll probably pull an all nighter and just PLAY PLAY PLAY with all of my friends.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
yea definitely. but i have a slight feeling im getting it a day before it comes out. so i dont need to woot XD

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I probaly preorder but if I can I will camp just becuse it could be fun

Gomolka

Smash Apprentice
Whatever you do, just make sure you have more than one friend with you. It might get boring with just one person.

S_K_S_K

Smash Rookie
I camped out for the Wii for 21 hours. It was one of the funnest times ever. We had a bonfire made out off car tires and other assorted things we found in the woods at 3 in the morning. Then, at around 4, a guy in a santa suit drove his car around the parking lot and handed out signed pictures of him. XD. I also went to the midnight release for Halo 3. They were both very fun, but the Wii was much better.
Anyways, I will be bringing a sleeping bag, chair, phone, ipod, and maybe ds. I want to be the first in line, too. So, I can run down the line with it and make everyone jealous. XD. Me and my friend will then go to my house with both of our Wiis, set them up next to each other, and play for a day straight. XD.

Cless

Smash Champion
If my gamestop has an event like they did for Halo 3 (which I doubt will happen) I'll go the night before. Actually, I'll probably just get it the night before anyway.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Why doyou doubt they'll make something similair ala halo3? SSBB is themost awaited Wii game EVER... they actualyl made a midnight release for the simpsons game if I remember reading it, so why not SSBB?

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
If I could, i'd install a Wii in the car so me and my friend could play it ON THE WAY HOME

to bad nobody would be driving...

M.K

Level 55
I'd have to bring my...uh...mommy. I can't drive exactly....so...it looks like I need to hitch a ride.
...unless, you know, some random stranger lures me in with promises of candy and "fun" times.
I'll bring my Ipod, can't live w/o it.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
It all depends for me..

I've never camped out for any sort of Gaming Item before..

And I kind of regret not camping out..since I got my Wii in late January.

If there will be a midnight release for Brawl where I live, then I'm defiantly camping out.

Give me some Redbulls, smokes, and I'm all set.

I love the cold so I'm not concerned about that...as long as it isn't windy!

Cless

Smash Champion
Why doyou doubt they'll make something similair ala halo3? SSBB is themost awaited Wii game EVER... they actualyl made a midnight release for the simpsons game if I remember reading it, so why not SSBB?
I think the store near me is all about the 360. They'll probably have a midnight release, but whether or not the manager will bring his systems and set up the tvs to play Smash is questionable. Though it would be nice to see if anyone else in the area of my store is good besides Chocobo.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
You know, I'm fairly certain it's preordered for me (family set it up I think, would need to make sure), but I feel like camping out just for the experience. It should be fun! :D

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I changed my mind from earlier, I dont know if I will camp out actualy. my neighbor is planning on humiliating me in public if I do camp out(oddly enough we are friends) so I might be able to if I do it secretly.(my brother is a dumb*** when it comes to keeping secrets though) so it all depends on what I can do. if I can leave pretending I am going to visit my mothers house than I probably can get away with it easy and have a good time. I have it pre ordered though so camping out isnt realy neccisary...IDK realy.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Western Australia didnt even have a midnight launch for the Wii so I dont see why they would have one for Brawl. Ill just have to buy it 9 hours later instead.

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
lol. pre-ordered one from buy.com for 38.xx. 10 off w/ GCO PLUS free maxim subscription for 1 year free! what a good deal. even though i cant play it that day it comes out, i can wait with 20 extra bucks in my pocket and read maxim while i wait for it to come in =D

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I just reserved it at Nintendoworld like a month ago. No need to camp out, especially since it'll be freakin freezing ya fools. You all have time to reserve your own copies, why would you choose to freeze your *** off and sit in line for hours just hoping to get a copy? I doubt I'd even have to reserve one at Nintendoworld. Last year on Christmas Eve was when I bought my Wii from their store and they had a whole back room full of them. I don't think they're capable of "running out" of one of their hottest titles of all time.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I dunno about a midnight release, but I'm not camping for the game, if Gamestop doesn't have my order I'll just go to Target where someone said they do not do midnight releases.

It would be cool to meet other smashers, but I'm not gonna sit in line for 6 hours.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
as i said earlier, the gamestop by me did one for strikers charged and for the freaking simpsons game. let's hope brawl is held at least in that high of regaurd.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Were there huge lines for either game? Simpson's game doesn't appear to be moving many units.

I dunno, maybe its me, I don't see brawl having a ridiculous amount of people waiting outside on the lines.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Eh I just called the gamestop by me, they say its too soon to tell unfortunately.

I'm sure midnight release is based on preorders though, so we'll just see.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
You know, I usually down't, but if my gamestop had a midnight release, I'd think I go, esp if it's saturday night. But otherwise I wouldn't. Just preorder and pick it up when I'm in the neighborhood.

Vaxxaruis

Smash Apprentice
i camped out for wow:bc, halo 2, halo 3, wii, ds i always camp out so ill bring my ds with my 20+ ds games and me and my buddys will camp out =D i love to CAMP!!!

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
haha! you fool! why camp out!?! when you can reserve! because really... thatd suck if like the whole sotre was mostly reserves... and then... you got in and like maybe you were the 20th person... and they were out. due to reservd ones...

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
haha! you fool! why camp out!?! when you can reserve! because really... thatd suck if like the whole sotre was mostly reserves... and then... you got in and like maybe you were the 20th person... and they were out. due to reservd ones...
I did reserve. I will camp out anyway. I had Madden 08 and Halo 3 reserved when I camped.

Top Bottom