• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you camp out for Brawl? What will you bring?

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I reserved brawl at gamestop, how does it work, do i have to camp out, its at the mall, so you think i should just get there like 1 hour before the mall opens?
That's why I plan on going to a GameStop outside of the mall. Or maybe Wal-Mart. Wal-mart worked fine for the Guitar Hero III midnight release. I'll just have to make a bunch of phone calls the week before release to see who's having a midnight release.

Grod

Smash Apprentice
If the store opens at midnight, no. I'll just show up.

If not...I don't know yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll hold a party on the 9th.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
ha. i recently got hired at gamestop just so i could get brawl before everyone. :)
soon as i got brawl, its sayonara to gamestop!

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
I reserved it and I'm camping out...0.o it's true

DS and games
magazines
homework
drinks + food
hopefully someone will bring a t.v. and melee(gamecube) and we'll have friendlies while we all wait...
Dude where u gonna connect the t.v LOL

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Well, just bring your 40 storey hamster power machine. Who doesn't have one of those?

I'll be bringing an umbrella, that's all. No money, no clothes, just there for the atmosphere.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
I reserved my copy at the mall.

I will go the morning of the release and get it. And maybe get some tacos at Taco Bell or soem fried chicken at KFC.

Then I will go home and play Brawl.

I'm never going early in the morning again, I've been there, doent hat with my Wii on it's launch date. :p

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'll run a converter through my cigarette lighter in my car and set up a tv and a cube. My game stop i prefer (there are two within three hundred yards of eachother) is smaller, and has a parkinglot right up to the door, so if i ge a spot, i can just put down the seats, open up the rear gate, and just play out the back of my car with whoevers there. big releases and premiers are so fun, i've been to more midnight premiers of movies than i can count, four harry potter releases, halo 3 release(don't own an xbox, but theres a story behind it). Camped out black friday to get a wii last year and i got in a fight plus didnt get it, camped out next week and got one. It's just so fun.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
The way it seems is that I don't think there will be a midnight release.

Although it would be cool if there would be one.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I don't see why not, they always do for big games.

My Gamestop said they should eithe rbe doing a midnight release, or they might release Brawl 2 days early or something, like what they did with CoD4.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
...and it sells out at like every store every month. Go look at the Wii thread. Nintendo announced that at the rate they are selling, they may need to pull their add campaign to cut back on how many people become interested, because they are manufacturing 1.8 million units a month, and selling about that many a month. Camping out for it isn't that far fetched if you are one of the unlucky ones that doesn't have one yet.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
I'll likely reserve my own, and leisurely go fetch it in the store. Here in Finland, we don't have that much traffic for gameshops :)

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
are you guys going by yourselves or with people? so far, my group has 8 people, 6 buying the game.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
if my store does a midnight release, i will for sure go and get it, i havent thought about what to bring but probably:

my jacket
one of my many gamer shirts
pre order receipt thing (tho i dont think i need it)

its not like you need to camp out f you have it pre ordered, you can just get there afew mins b4

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
*Game Fuel wont be being sold in Feb. anymore, so I have 10 fridge packs of it saved, that will not be touched until the launch and week following. (Actually, 23 are saved...10 for Brawl launch and afterweek, 10 for Halo Wars launch and afterweek, and i am working on the final set of 10 for the Peter Jackson Halo game launch and afterweek. I already stockpiled GameFuel and drank it for the launches of Halo 3 and Mario Galaxy).
GG, dont fall in love with temporary flavors, i learned the hard way, dnL was sooo good but they dont make it anymore!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
You don't need to camp out if its reserved, its pretty much obsolete as far as actual purchases are concerned, except in like black friday or sales of the like, or with consoles which most places dont allow reserves on.

Corax the cold, try not to double post. Edit your previous post next time, its no biggie, but its a courtesy thing.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I reserved it, but I'm gonna camp it anyway.

Stuff I'll bring:
-DS, Pokemon Pearl
-Sketchbook (I'll draw some stuff if I get bored)
-Maybe a 6-Pak of Soda (the Gamestop near my house wasn't even that busy for Halo 3, I doubt it'll be THAT busy...)
-A few volumes of manga (notablely the coming to America a week before Brawl: Bleach 22; also D.Gray-Man, Fullmetal Alchemist and Naruto)

That should keep me satisfied. If it's REALLY packed, I'll go there around 9:00 PM the earliest...10:30 PM the latest.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
I wont camp out... I pre-ordered from Toys R us.. they ship it but I wonder if you can go and get it.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
i am still questioning whether if I should camp out, i haven't even reserved it yet. . .

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
**** straight im campin out!
-cooler full of vault
-lawnchairs
-winter gear
-cell
-ipod
-h.w.
-friends
-money
-most anxiety ive ever built up for anything ever

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I'm really going to camp out! For sure. I'll bring myself with warmthing clothes on.

Uhm, yeah, I'll be running inside the store.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I am going to camp, at my house. Shipping straight to me Feb 10th. I was sort of wondering if I would get a refund since it was "guaranteed to arrive at my house or they pay for my shipping" and uh... I don't have Brawl.

Anyway, I get it release day and don't even have to leave the house, epic win.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
I'm camping out fo' sho'! I've waited for this game too long to not get it right when it comes out!

-Cooler of mountain dew and monster
-Around 3 to 4 friends
-iPod
-Money
-Knife
-Weed
-Alcohol
-...Hos

Fordo35@aol.com

Smash Rookie
*Game Fuel wont be being sold in Feb. anymore, so I have 10 fridge packs of it saved, that will not be touched until the launch and week following. (Actually, 23 are saved...10 for Brawl launch and afterweek, 10 for Halo Wars launch and afterweek, and i am working on the final set of 10 for the Peter Jackson Halo game launch and afterweek. I already stockpiled GameFuel and drank it for the launches of Halo 3 and Mario Galaxy).

Dammmmn, son. You're like Mega Gamer: ULTRA DX!!

MSVZNF

Smash Rookie
i bought Metroid Prime 3 at a GameStop 10 minutes before Halo 3 was released lol

Top Bottom