• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you camp out for Brawl? What will you bring?

i rise

Smash Apprentice
they still have dnl in 20 oz bottles where i live at the wal-mart, and all the gas stations
i am so incredibly jealous of you. they stopped having dnl where i live when i was a freshmen in high school and i'm 20 now.. it's been sooo long.

i just went to my gamestop today and the guy there said he hoped they would have a midnight release + a brawl tourney after everyone gets a copy. it this happens i will bring..

-lots of drank
-ipod
-identification (so i can get my pre-order)
-and maybe my psp and ff tactis: war of the lions

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i am so incredibly jealous of you. they stopped having dnl where i live when i was a freshmen in high school and i'm 20 now.. it's been sooo long.

i just went to my gamestop today and the guy there said he hoped they would have a midnight release + a brawl tourney after everyone gets a copy. it this happens i will bring..

-lots of drank
-ipod
dont be jelous, only the wal-mart and BP/amaco DNL's are fresh. the rest are just leftovers they cant sell, most of which are past expiration date. heck, one of the gas stations (a shell) even has 24 packs of surge still. i have one 24 pack in my dorm room, but i rarely drink them as they are all very expired. i just wish they still had pitch black or pitch black 2........or pepsi blue.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I am totally going to camp. I have it reserved but I want it right away anyway so that I can go home and pull an all-nighter. My friend, who doesn't have it reserved, and I are going to be there for the midnight release and then stay up for an entire day and play. We already planned all of this out so we can execute the perfect day. Feb. 10 FTW!

i rise

Smash Apprentice
haha, ohh yeah i know what you mean. they actually still make and sell surge in some of the southern states though. i loved that stuff, which is why i think i loved dnl.

anyways, any news of other midnight release tourneys for anyone else? i don't think i've ever heard of one being planned yet and i really hope it happens at my gamestop.

I'm totally going to camp out. I've had this game preordered since July. :D

Going to bring:
-A chair
-My Receipts and ID
-A few Game Informers (my DS went dead a month ago)
-My friend Victor
-A Knuckleduster (You never know)
-Loads of soda and chips, candy, a sandwich. Food to be sure.
-My pants (This is integral)
-My cellphone

This'd be my...second camp out for a game that wasn't Halo or Pokemon related.

happynoodleboy

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if my GameStop is doing a midnight release, but I think it would be funny if I camped out anyway hahaha

Though it would be cold. and VERY wet. bloody portland...

I guess I'd bring:

-Cooler w/ various caffeinated beverages (I'd bring beer, but the OLCC SUCKS and I'd probably spend my life in prison)
-Thermos w/ another caffeinated beverage
-Pocket flask full of whiskey (since beer isn't an option)
-Chair
-Blankets
-Some sort of rain gear
-DS Lite w/ games and M3 Real
-Laptop
-Megaphone to yell at people with--imagine, a drunken me, sitting alone in front of GameStop yelling "TIRES DON EXITS!!!!" at 4am haha
-My fiance if she is willing. Doubt it, though...

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman

-lots of drank
-ipod
dnL owns, if u put it on ebay i'd buy, not for super expensive tho

SoulPech

Smash Master
there are adapters you can plug into your car lighter that have outlets to power regular appliances such as tvs and game consoles. or he could bring a generator.
i rise is right. I have a generator.^^ maybe i should buy adapters for my car lighter...if i can find one.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Same thing I brought to the Burning Crusade and Halo 3 midnight launch. Diet Coke and Iron Maiden!

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of it potentially selling out or not, I'm definately getting it at midnight if at all possible(sleep is overrated anyways).

My list if i have to actually "camp" will be more or less what i have on me regardless:
Coat(it gonna be cold out that night)
Wallet(need $)
Lighter(keep warm if needed)
Knife(just in case)
MP3 Player(stave off boredom)

because more than anything else, if i camp out, I will not be the only one there and would likely entertain myself by generating conversation with those around me...who knows? They might share some common interests...

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmm....camping out sounds like a good idea to me. lolz I wish I could do that but I rather sleep in a nice comfy bed at home and then go get it since i have it reserved.

Smash Ace
Knives
4 pizzas
4 gallons of Kool-aid
25 miles of extension cord
a TV
my Wii
some controllers
some freinds
$53.49 ($49.99+tax)

Hmmm... maybne as far as reality is concernned, then let's pare down this list.
$53.49

=2007=

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Regardless of it potentially selling out or not, I'm definately getting it at midnight if at all possible(sleep is overrated anyways).

My list if i have to actually "camp" will be more or less what i have on me regardless:
Coat(it gonna be cold out that night)
Wallet(need $)
Lighter(keep warm if needed)
Knife(just in case)
MP3 Player(stave off boredom)

because more than anything else, if i camp out, I will not be the only one there and would likely entertain myself by generating conversation with those around me...who knows? They might share some common interests...
You realize midnight releases of games are only for reservations?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'll just reserve it (anyone wanting to know why I havn't already, it's because I live in Ireland and gamestop isn't allowing reserves yet)

Why camp out when you can just reserve it? :ohwell:

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I don't think I'm gonna camp out, but if they do a midnight release I will certainly show up before hand and shoot the breeze with some other smashers.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Alright, I just called my gamestop and they said there's no reason why they wouldn't do a midnight release because they have over 100 reservations already.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I camped out for Halo 3's midnight release and even purchased a couple of extra knick-knacks (I still have my 323 Guilty Spark Dogtag around here somewhere).. Despite me having to get rid of my 360 and my copy of Halo 3 a few months later, the experience was well worth it and I don't regret my financial losses (even if it was a pretty penny).

I'm bringing my iPod, my GC controller, my receipt, and a bottle of Pepsi. I'll be jacked up and good to go.

Smooth Criminal

Del Money

Smash Champion
sleeping bag, a woman, two packets of condoms, two boxes of pizza, and an alarm clock

Top Bottom