• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you camp out for Brawl? What will you bring?

Vaxxaruis

Smash Apprentice
I also preorderd and if there is a midnight release I get it but if not I am camping but I find camping fun so.... WOOT FOR CAMPERS!!!

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
IF i camp out (I may), I'll bring
Mountain Dew
chairs (my friends dont have it preordered. Im having a Brawl party though)
bbq chips
hersheys kisses cherry cordial (If they still make em)
DS with games

i may not camp though. Mainly because i wont have to. I live in a town with 4 gamestops in it, and several outside of it. i think i'll be good waiting until morning.
PS, welcome, Vaxx!

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Well I don't have a European release date yet. :(

But I will just pre-order the game and get it delivered to the comfort of my own house.

Weed

Smash Lord
February 10th is on a Sunday, I could definitely see myself camping out in front of EBgames.
Dunno if it will matter though, I reserved, right?

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
lol i can just reserve it then get it at 5 am.... y camp out to get it when its reserved anyways i already camped out for 10 hours for the Wii in a Walmart garden center, although we did get the good deal some people camped for days!

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Until I get my own copy here in Europe, I'll play the illegal version my friend will very likely bring to my house as soon as it comes out in japan...Not that I want it, but it's very likely that he'll do that.
It sucks and it's horrible but once it comes out in Europe I'll annoy my parents every weekend.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Of course I'm going to get it early. You typically do reserve it when you go to midnight releases or camp outs. People wouldn't do it if they weren't guaranteed a copy. I love going to midnight movie releases, camping out for games. I even went to the midnight showing of spider man 3 even though i had heard the so-so reviews from some people. I even went to the release party and waited in line for an hour and a half early to get a good spot for Halo 3 even though I don't have an 360 (my mom was at gamestop for some reason and accidentally reserved it as a surprise, not knowing what system i had).

I got in a fight in line for the wii black friday of last year and 3 in the morning because this guy said i cut him, even though i was sitting there for like 45 minutes. Up there with the best of my gaming experiences. It's just fun people. You get to meet people with the same interests as you, its totally worth it if you're passionate about the game.

kidhurt3

Smash Rookie
i already reserved it. i just wait until the store opens...and of course call in sick for work so i can play the game non-stop.

miller483

Smash Ace
I got in a fight in line for the wii black friday of last year and 3 in the morning because this guy said i cut him, even though i was sitting there for like 45 minutes. Up there with the best of my gaming experiences. It's just fun people. You get to meet people with the same interests as you, its totally worth it if you're passionate about the game.
Did you win? Please tell me more about this "brawl" you got into.

NK Cyborg

Smash Cadet
I'll be camping out at Best Buy, the same one I camped out at for my Wii last year. I'd like to start on the 8th, but the 9th will be just as fine. I'm going to bring a chair, a blanket for the night, my DS, loads of games, my camera, phone, and money (duh!). I've been dreaming about this since I first heard about it. @w@

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
No way man. I camped out for the Wii; I'm NOT doing that again.

Besides, I've had a preorder for a while now, so I should have no trouble getting a copy.

Truegamer#1

Smash Ace
When i got my Wii...
it was not preety, i stayed at this mall for the Wii shipment to get in for 9 hours, just waiting, doing nothing, but wasting quarters at this arcade, but carefully watching the Gamestop...
I went to the Mall at 4:00 am...
around 3:30 pm i saw someone walking with ****storms of boxes,
I figured it might be it...
there were others there to try to get the Wii as well,
I ran as fast as I could to gamestop, opened the boxes and i Purchaced my Wii...
only 3 Wii went on sale, and there were more than 15 people trying to get the Wii...
I was lucky to get it, waiting in the mall for that long payed off...
:laugh:
anyone got a similar story???

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Although, I know Brawl might get sold out for the first week. I'd rather wait.

platnum

Smash Lord
When i got my Wii...
it was not preety, i stayed at this mall for the Wii shipment to get in for 9 hours, just waiting, doing nothing, but wasting quarters at this arcade, but carefully watching the Gamestop...
I went to the Mall at 4:00 am...
around 3:30 pm i saw someone walking with ****storms of boxes,
I figured it might be it...
there were others there to try to get the Wii as well,
I ran as fast as I could to gamestop, opened the boxes and i Purchaced my Wii...
only 3 Wii went on sale, and there were more than 15 people trying to get the Wii...
I was lucky to get it, waiting in the mall for that long payed off...
:laugh:
anyone got a similar story???
which mall?
btw i waited in line for 4 hours and didnt get it.i had wait three more weeks.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
how many of your guys' gamestops are doing midnight launches? I've had several confirmations from mine that they will be.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I have it preordered so it's useless... the place I have it preordered at opens at 10 anyway so ima just show up at 10...

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I want to, but i have a bar mitzva that day untill midnight.
couldnt you just ask for Brawl as a bar mitzvah present, then go over at midnight for the launch to pick it up? seems like a win actually, since you wouldnt have to pay.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
i preordered it at gamestop before the delay and now the gamestop i preordered it at moved to a different spot in the mall. i wonder if my preorder still stands?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I will most likley be camping out for Brawl (or waiting in line, if there is a Midnight release). I reserved Halo 3 and was at that midnight release (my friends and i were the first three in line at this gamestop, and the line ended up wraping all the way around the building). I'd likley bring the same things. I have it reserved at one of the 2 gamestops by my college, so thats where i'll be.

-Chairs for me and whatever friends also reserved at the same Gamestop
-DS and DS games
-PSP and PSP games
-Laptop
-Cell Phone
-Ipod
-Cooler for drinks (Game Fuel*, A&W Root Beer, XS Energy Drinks, and Water)
-Snacks (Wheat Thins, Cheeze Itz)
-Homework
-Magazines
-Jackets and Blankets
-Wallet w/Cash for Brawl
-Extra cash (in case there is Brawl merch. At Halo 3 launch I picked up the Spartan controller, as well as this sweet Master Chief Halo green t-shirt, and my buddy got a MC keychain).

I didnt have everything out with me at once. I kept most in my car, got it out as I needed/wanted it. Basically snacks, chairs, cooler was all that was out the entire time.

I am definitley gonna be waiting outside for what will be either the 1st or 2nd most epic game of all time. Will you? I just hope it stays at Feb, and doesnt go to Holliday 08. It would be even colder out then...

*Game Fuel wont be being sold in Feb. anymore, so I have 10 fridge packs of it saved, that will not be touched until the launch and week following. (Actually, 23 are saved...10 for Brawl launch and afterweek, 10 for Halo Wars launch and afterweek, and i am working on the final set of 10 for the Peter Jackson Halo game launch and afterweek. I already stockpiled GameFuel and drank it for the launches of Halo 3 and Mario Galaxy).

hahaha youre prepared dude :cool:

I think I will. I camped out for WoW's expansion, and this is 100x better!!

I'll probably just bring myself and my wallet, possibly my friends and my DS lol

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Me and my friends already planned it.

We're going to camp the front line bring our crap that we need, bring a mini TV with an outlet hopefully nearby and host the first local smash bros. brawl tournament, probably near the Best buy conveniently 30 seconds away from the gamestop.

It will be great, and THERE WILL BE CHEETOS.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Brawl's delay did some good i guess...allowed more stores to decide to do a midnight launch.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
I reserved brawl at gamestop, how does it work, do i have to camp out, its at the mall, so you think i should just get there like 1 hour before the mall opens?

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
They might only be selling X amount of Brawl copies at Midnight, therefore Camping ensures that you get a copy while people that come last min don't and have to wait a little bit longer.

I'm not sure if I'll camp. I'm not even sure my gamestop is doing a midnight release to begin with. If they do I just might.
cant u just preorder like i did?

bastula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
secretanchitman
3DS FC
0130-1885-4238
Switch FC
SW-2373-3239-8999
no need since i already reserved it...going to be driving there, getting the game, and coming home!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
*cough* Not camping out for this game. I reserved my copy a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure this has been said a zillion times. Now take action and reserve your copy sometime this week. I wouldn't procrastinate for "The Best Game of the Millenium."

Top Bottom