• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you camp out for Brawl? What will you bring?

Rex+

Smash Ace
I hear California has some nice temperatures year-round. Maybe I should go to a midnight release there.
Oh, wait, I forgot. I live there.
:D

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
i think SSBB will sell out. i mean, its probably going to be one of the biggest games of 08.

what is going to be bigger? halo 4?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If it looks like there is any chance I might not get it, hell ya. I'll camp. I'll invite a bunch of my friends to stay for the night and play smash, then we will go out to gamestop and play smashbros on the mini tv set until brawl is released. It is going to be a saturday night so its alright.

Zink

Smash Champion
lol, reserved at Amazon :) no need to camp at all. on the other hand, shipping time... :O Oh well, a few more days won't make a difference, right guys... ? right? AH who am I kidding, I should've gone local. Oh well.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I have my copy reserved but I don't think they are doing a midnight launch, so I will camp out at where ever is doing it. Can't be colder then camping out for the Wii.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I believe most Gamestop/EBGames will host a midnight tournament of sorts. Also, remember, if they don't have enough supply to meet demand, you might not get a copy even if you have a reservation. They usually go by the order reservations were made.

Some tips if you decide to camp out:
-Check the weather before you leave. You don't want to be caught outside during bad weather without being prepared.
-Bring some food. You'll probably get hungry, and most places won't be open at 3AM.
-Bring someone with you. You're going to have to go to the restroom eventually, and unless you've been nice to the stranger next to you, he probably won't save your spot.
-Bring something to do. Portable gaming system, laptop, book, homework, playing cards...you'll be bored otherwise.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Nope didn't reserve not gonna camp out for it

Just gonna buy it on release or the next day

Live by a EB and Target

miller483

Smash Ace
If, by some circumstance, I do end up camping outside in the February cold for Brawl, I'll be sure to bring my DS and host a Mario Kart DS/ Metroid Prime Hunters tournament.

Konpaku

Smash Journeyman
Camping for Brawl actually sounds like fun!
So I might camp out for it, hopefully its not on a weekday.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I would suggest a tent. The elements tend to hate you the most when you are stuck outside, so its nice to be prepared. And if its cold and you are on the concrete, break something insulating. I was dumb and didnt do that at the Wii launch and the ground made me so cold, I have to get up and run around to not get frost bite.

I agree with Konpaku, camping out is fun. Gives you something to remember.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
does anyone know if there may be a danger of brawl being sold out at gamespot even if you reserved a copy if you don't get there fast enough?

for original poster:
did you really bring all that stuff? how many hours were you in line?

S0KZ

Smash Cadet
I'll probably camp out for SSBB, rather own face on it 8 hours earlier than everyone else. Not sure if any store in Minnesota is having a midnight release though =( Will probably play all day and all night with my friends.

murphy brian

Smash Rookie
im going to camp outfor a week if i have to.
if my friend could do it for 5 days for the ps3 i sure as hell can do it for brawl.
-blanket
-ds
-psp
-money
-LOTS of food
-friends
-and do my ****dest to get a tv and melee there
-zune
-phone
and all other necesities i would need.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
does anyone know if there may be a danger of brawl being sold out at gamespot even if you reserved a copy if you don't get there fast enough?

If they don't have enough copies, then yes, you may not get a copy. It shouldn't happen unless there is a delay in delivery, but it does rarely happens.

Also, Gamestop can sell your reserved copy if you don't pick it up within two days. It's stated on the receipt, so try picking up your game ASAP.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
My portable TV and Power vator which will last about four hours, along with My Gamecube and Melee. So while I wait for Brawl, I will Play Melee. By then, I should have a Wii, so I'll have that packed with me, so when people walk by, They will see me playing either Melee, or if I grabbed a Brawl, Brawl!

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
If there is a midnight release for Brawl I will definatley go wait in line at my game crazy. However since it is game crazy it probably will not have a midnight release so I'll just be there a half an hour before the store opens, get breakfast, and Brawl it up

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I have it pre-ordered, so I'll probably just be in Gamestop for about an hour playing their 360 demos.

Manjot

Smash Apprentice
I think whoever camps out for a game, is seriously addicted to video games.

I just reserved Brawl.

Smashybashy

Smash Apprentice
I have already reserved it, but now that they moved it on a Monday, I'll still camp out.

I'll bring these idems:
A jacket
A DS with games
A yoyo because when I get tired of the DS, I have something to keep me entertain.
A watch
A cooler with my favoite drinks and snakes(Dr.Pepper, Red Bull, Prezles, Cheez Its, and Slim Jims)
A balloon for pointless reasons
Money
Extra Money
And a Friend.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to get a job at best buy. If i get it I will just put one away for myself if there is a midnight release. If I don't get a job i will try to get one at another store that sells games and i will do the same thing. games usually get to the store a day or two before they go on sale. I might try to get the boss to let me buy the game when it gets to the store. If I'm able to do that i will ask to have the rest of the day off.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
wtf...Camping out for video games is the stupidest thing ever. And i'm saying this in Brawl Discussion.
I'd have to agree with this guy. But it's really NOT the stupidest thing ever. The stupidest thing ever is to stare at Chuck Norris for more than 1/2 a second.
Needless to say, you wouldn't survive.

And I have Brawl reserved and fully paid for, BTW.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
why is camping out the stupidest thing ever?

its fun, you get to interact with other people who share the same interests, plus at the end you get Brawl, the best game of the year.

thats like saying going to a concert is the stupidest thing ever.

just because you dont want to do it doesnt make it stupid.

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I will camp out...its not like ill have anything better to do at midnight -.-

ill bring...

Ds and MPH, Loz: phantom hourglass, and Animal crossing: ww
coat

Konpaku

Smash Journeyman
why is camping out the stupidest thing ever?

its fun, you get to interact with other people who share the same interests, plus at the end you get Brawl, the best game of the year.

thats like saying going to a concert is the stupidest thing ever.

just because you dont want to do it doesnt make it stupid.
Im pretty sure it will most likley be noobs.
However it still is nice to know they have the same interest.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I would like to camp out, but considering...I'm freaking 13, it won't happen. Instead, I'll get it on the 16th, and stay up all night that night and Saturday playing online matches, and being horribly pwnt by pros.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Why would you waste your life, waiting for something, that you will be able to get for sure the next day, if you pre-order or not.

Whoooo interacting with people......Alert the media.

Konpaku

Smash Journeyman
Why would you waste your life, waiting for something, that you will be able to get for sure the next day, if you pre-order or not.

Whoooo interacting with people......Alert the media.
Wow, just dont camp for it simple as that...
Although there might not be any available on day 2.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
I have already reserved it, but now that they moved it on a Monday, I'll still camp out.

I'll bring these idems:
A jacket
A DS with games
A yoyo because when I get tired of the DS, I have something to keep me entertain.
A watch
A cooler with my favoite drinks and snakes(Dr.Pepper, Red Bull, Prezles, Cheez Its, and Slim Jims)
A balloon for pointless reasons
Money
Extra Money
And a Friend.
um what kinda snakes, cuz Im afraid of most of them :p

estion11

Smash Apprentice
im thinking about getting a job at eb games so i can steal and have it before anyone else (and ya know avoid paying for it)... well in reality im not going to get a job at eb games, but i have a couple guns at my house and im thinking me and my friend could intercept the shipment truck pretty well.

Puffs

Smash Ace
You know, thanks to global warming, December 3rd wouldn't have been bad at all. It might have even been pretty nice. But February is a yoshi of a different color. I'm not sitting outside in the cold for something I'm already guaranteed a copy of.

Top Bottom