• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Shiek Return?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Okay, I understand why you would think that. Personally, I thought the story in TP was extremely well executed (although it wouldn't hurt if they had included voices) but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

But what does that have to do with grunting? Or ugly people?

D

Deleted member

Sheik could be a man. He is Zelda's "alter ego". Maybe she grew a ***** or had one all along? Ha...

I'm talking about Midna. And the grunting by Ganondorf especially, as well as every character. It got really annoying... I didn't like the game itself as much as MM or OOT.

D

Deleted member

Another little known fact: Ganon listens to the Spice Girls in his free time. At one point he joined them, but his reign as Ginger Spice didn't last long.

I

i8waffles612

Skeik: I wish but prolly not.
Midna and or Wolf Link: A little chance.
Zelda: Probably yes
Ganondorf: If Zelda is in it so will he.
Young Link: NO

D

Deleted member

Haha. No love for Sheik. I don't like him either, come out of the closet and admit your sexuality Zelda! >=o

titus

Smash Journeyman
sheik = guy, lol.

no i dont get 'whooped' by sheik, because the ony person that i know that mains him i can beat with marth which is sad considering weve played just as long as eachother.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No she isn't, just look at her thropy in Melee. >.< And no, I don't get whooped by Sheik too much since noone I know plays a good Sheik.

Even though some of us like Sheik, it's way obvious that she'll likely be gone in Brawl.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Do you guys not like shiek cause you get whooped by her all the time,if so then you guys are childish
I do despise Sheik, but not because I've lost matches against her. I hate Sheik because she is by far the most broken character in Melee, requiring zero skill. Her unfairly powerful moveset and absurdly fast attacks give the player an unfair advantage over anyone not playing as a high tier character. Sheik is a serious flaw that ruins the otherwise exceptionally fun and balanced game of Super Smash Bros Melee.

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^
Posted fro truth, i was at a touney yesterday, my 1st round va a sheik, i coudlnt get close, shes way to broken, after a while the charcter changed to zelda, i was totally winnin by now, but had lost 3 stock by then, thus couldnt win...

Yes shiek is broken, but because she lacks a role in a new zelda game, and since she will probably never return, no point in having her in brawl...

D

Deleted member

Ehahaha... Sheik is obviously less broken in my PAL version. PAL version ftw, everything is more balanced.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Probarly? I think that's pretty much proved now. Besides, wouldn't anyone be disapointed if they'd have Sheik being Zelda-in-disguise again in the next Legend of Zelda game? >_> I would atleast.

Sheik has no place anymore, neither in the Zelda nor the Smash games. She's a dead character.

D

Deleted member

*He's

Sheik and Zelda were of the male kind in Ocarina of Time remember. Haha, Sheik's a joke.

D

Deleted member

Nah, she's a he. You see him showing his bits in the secret ending.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Potatoe... We might aswell call Sheik like that now. I like it! =) First time in a while here I could atleast smile at a post.

Luckly our new Sheik doesn't has as much troubles showing her gender. ;)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
No, he/she/it/potatoe should not. Here's my original post for why Sheik won't return:

Greetings gentlemen, Wiseguy here - or as my friends like to call me: President of the Sheik-Must-Die Club. It has a relatively small following at the moment (one member) but its mission statement speaks for itself: spread the word that Sheik is the personification of all that is cheap and despicable in this world and should under no circumstances appear in Brawl or any other videogame ever again. Ever.

Sheik is an unsightly blemish on the masterpiece that you and I know and love as Super Smash Bros Melee. Of all the fighting games I've played, I consider the Melee to be among the most fair and balanced. Sure, if you have Robo-cop like reflexes you use Fox and Falco to grind your enemies to a pulp and few characters smile on spammers quite like Marth, but on the whole the game is enjoyable and competitive regardless of your character selection. Enter Sheik. With her ridiculously overpowered and stupidly fast attacks and no weaknesses Sheik tansihes an otherwise multiplayer experience.

Sheik is a scum sucking parasite that ruins otherwise fun tournaments and grudge matches because EVERYONE plays as her, giving them a huge advantage over anyone not playing as a high-tier character. There is only one reason why anyone plays as this cross-dressing abomination: because they lack the skill to play as anyone else. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Fortunately for everyone, there is an approximately zero percent chance of Sheik making a return appearance in Brawl - nerfed or otherwise. In the Zelda series she is by far one of the most insignificant characters. She appeared in a single game as Sheik's alter ego and has yet to make another appearance, meaning that she is as important to the series as the Old man from LoZ and Link’s uncle in ALttP.

Judging from Link's updated Twilight Princess look, Sakurai is more interested in having characters from the newer Zelda series rather than making Brawl a retirement home for outdated characters and irrelevant characters from past Zelda games. Zelda will undoubtedly get a similar Twilight Princess makeover as well as a new moveset that reflects her role in TP. Sheik will surely be axed, making way for more worthy Zelda characters like Midna.

If there were ever any lingering doubts about Sheik imminent removal, they were dashed the moment that it was revealed that Zamus’ moveset is, while not identical to Sheik’s, certainly very similar to it. This is likely the case in order to appease distressed Sheik players when they buy Brawl and discover that Sheik has been removed.

A day of reckoning is at hand. Soon, Sheik will be eliminated from the Smash Bros. roster, thus forcing all the honorless, button mashing Sheik players to face their opponents on an equal playing field. Oh, why a grand day that will be.
Edit: There we go.

Top Bottom