• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Brawl outsell Halo 3 ?

Desruprot

Smash Lord
How am either I or Foe saying that, we were just summing up the basics, if you have an emotional attactment to Halo 3 that is fine, but the idea of selling more is all about the poltential and what they say in buisness "The Numbers"...

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Long term, absolutely. Has anyone actually looked up the Wii vs. Xbox 360 Sales lately? It's like 6 to 1. Which means more potential to SSBB, AND SSBB will have more replay value. Don't beleive me? Whatever, just wait and see.

SSBB will be one of the most epic games of all time.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Halo 3 does not have the top sales! Melee still has sold more than it. LOL

BTW. Super Mario Galaxy sold 3 times as many copies as Halo 3 in November. So much for supremacy. ;D
Halo's sales will continue to drop, while Wii sales get boosted by the christmas rush.

More Wiis=More brawls (why else would they buy it? XD)

Wiseguy sucks

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Halo 3 does not have the top sales! Melee still has sold more than it. LOL

BTW. Super Mario Galaxy sold 3 times as many copies as Halo 3 in November. So much for supremacy. ;D
Halo's sales will continue to drop, while Wii sales get boosted by the christmas rush.

More Wiis=More brawls (why else would they buy it? XD)

Wiseguy sucks

Melee has been out about for about 30x as long as Halo 3, and it literally BARELY has sold more. We're tlaking by a few hundred thousand at most.

Super Mario Galaxy was also released in November.

Wii sales are starting to drop. I know because I sell Wiis on ebay and they're not even selling out in the morning anymore at stores as fast, and aren't going for much on ebay now. But that only happened JUSt as of this week. 2 weeks ago they were going for more.

We've concluded from people on both sides of the argument that more Wiis does NOT equal more Brawls. Proof is provided why if you want to go back and look.

Long term, absolutely. Has anyone actually looked up the Wii vs. Xbox 360 Sales lately? It's like 6 to 1. Which means more potential to SSBB, AND SSBB will have more replay value. Don't beleive me? Whatever, just wait and see.

We all agree that SSBB will be epic and is a better game than Halo. But we're talking about the SALES of it. Ugh.... I wish people would read some of the older posts because I'm not gonna repeat myself the the 40th time.

6 to 1? I think the Wii's sold about 105% of what the 360 has sold. That's about 1.05 to 1. Nice figure......

PrinceOfSmash

Smash Cadet
Brawl will not sell half of what Halo 3 did. End topic.
what the hell is this noob doing on the boards.....halo is over rated and was cool for a month.....melee has always been cool and brawl will be too...i work at EB games and we get brawl pre orders everyday....brawl owns and its better then halo in my opinion...end of story! =]

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
what the hell is this noob doing on the boards.....halo is over rated and was cool for a month.....melee has always been cool and brawl will be too...i work at EB games and we get brawl pre orders everyday....brawl owns and its better then halo in my opinion...end of story! =]
So do a lot of games before they come out......

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Chi you should probably give up arguing, you'll just end up trying to convince fanboys to look beyond something other than their fan-dom.

[Topic]:

I'm not concerned with sales at all, and for what it's worth, Brawl sales predictions are up in the air. Look at how much LoZ TP and Mario Galaxy sold, Nintendo said themselves that sales were disappointing. There's no definite way to find out whether or not a game like Brawl will sell on a system like Wii, because the people that bought are not all gamers, some bought it because it's a toy that works with their TV, that's why games like Rayman raving Rabbits sold over 1 million copies.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Wii sales are starting to drop. I know because I sell Wiis on ebay and they're not even selling out in the morning anymore at stores as fast, and aren't going for much on ebay now. But that only happened JUSt as of this week. 2 weeks ago they were going for more.

We've concluded from people on both sides of the argument that more Wiis does NOT equal more Brawls. Proof is provided why if you want to go back and look.
Apperantly someone needs to know something about christmas sales, people stop buying stufff online because mostly it's for Christmas, and mostly they are scared it won't get there in time if they order it online, and Wii is still selling tons more then 360s, their sales are NOT dropping (if so not by a lot) you just should know better then to try and sell Wiis right before Christmas, when the shipping would take too long.

Oh and also, I'm no Nintendo Fan Boy, I've played every Halo, and their awesome, but If I were t compare Melee to Halo 2 (It wouldn't be fair to compare different generations) then Melee would be the more enjoyable gaming experience, so as long as brawl can live up to Melee (of which I have no doubt) it probably will be more fun then Halo 3,, so who cares about sales.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Melee has been out about for about 30x as long as Halo 3, and it literally BARELY has sold more. We're tlaking by a few hundred thousand at most.

Sorry but thats a load of bull**** sir. Wiis are still sold out across the country and just because ebay sales are declining doesn't mean it isn't in demand.

Last Sunday there was a HUGE rush of Wiis in America as well as around Europe as well. Many people probably bought them at that time. If you call any major retail store I guarantee that they are sold out especially since its Wednesday.

Chances why the ebay sales are declining is because the population who would normally use ebay were given access to pay for the Wiis at normal retail price. Not to mention that several ebayers list their Wiis at a stupid high or low price which causes some problems.

Please don't use eBay to make a determination that Wii sales in America are declining. Just because flipping Wiis on ebay is a hopefully supplemental income to you does not mean that they are not selling out at retail outlets like crazy.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Sorry but thats a load of bull**** sir. Wiis are still sold out across the country and just because ebay sales are declining doesn't mean it isn't in demand.

Last Sunday there was a HUGE rush of Wiis in America as well as around Europe as well. Many people probably bought them at that time. If you call any major retail store I guarantee that they are sold out especially since its Wednesday.

Chances why the ebay sales are declining is because the population who would normally use ebay were given access to pay for the Wiis at normal retail price. Not to mention that several ebayers list their Wiis at a stupid high or low price which causes some problems.

Please don't use eBay to make a determination that Wii sales in America are declining. Just because flipping Wiis on ebay is a hopefully supplemental income to you does not mean that they are not selling out at retail outlets like crazy.

I'm not using only ebay. I'm saying, while you sitll can't get them in stores by noon, the lines in the morning for them have shortened. The two Targets right by my house had 75 each and I got to one about a half hour before they passed out tickets and was 27 or something and I went to the back of the line and got another ticket in the 50's. They still had leftovers. Then there's another target about 7 minutes away that I went to afterwards and they handed out the tickets literally minutes after I got there. I was once again in the 20's, and there was only like 4 people behind me.

I know they would be sold out today. Hell, they probably didn't even make it halfway through Sunday.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I wouldn't be surprised if a million Wiis were sold in America for that week. Even if they are being flipped on ebay (hell I almost bid on one because it ended up being cheapter) they are still selling out in the stores which is what matters.

They increased supply for this week and they will do so for next week. I'm surprised a lot of eBayers didn't account for that, especially when they are claiming to "cash in on demand"

It is possible by the end of this month to have 19-20 million Wiis world wide in my opinion. I'm not saying it will definitely happen, I'm just saying its possible.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I'm not using only ebay. I'm saying, while you sitll can't get them in stores by noon, the lines in the morning for them have shortened. The two Targets right by my house had 75 each and I got to one about a half hour before they passed out tickets and was 27 or something and I went to the back of the line and got another ticket in the 50's. They still had leftovers. Then there's another target about 7 minutes away that I went to afterwards and they handed out the tickets literally minutes after I got there. I was once again in the 20's, and there was only like 4 people behind me.

I know they would be sold out today. Hell, they probably didn't even make it halfway through Sunday.
Hell, people like you are the reason nobody can find a Wii.

Anyways, the reason Melee is only a little above Halo 3 is because Xbox 360s have definetly sold better than Gamecubes (but not Wiis). 99% of people who own a gamecube own Melee, I guarantee you. If the same goes for brawl and the wii, then Brawl will sell far, far better than Melee because Wiis have sold far, far better than Gamecubes. Melee is above Halo 3 in sales (so far), and I don't doubt that longterm, Brawl will outsell Halo 3. Don't get me wrong, Halo 3 is amazing, but Brawl will be better.

...servando...

Smash Rookie
yep.i think everyone likes SSB i mean in christmas i play melee with all my cousins its just great everyone yelling at you. in fact im pretty sure that brawl online would kickasses . halo 3 its good but for 1 month , BRAWL FOREVER!!!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Hell, people like you are the reason nobody can find a Wii.

Anyways, the reason Melee is only a little above Halo 3 is because Xbox 360s have definetly sold better than Gamecubes (but not Wiis). 99% of people who own a gamecube own Melee, I guarantee you. If the same goes for brawl and the wii, then Brawl will sell far, far better than Melee because Wiis have sold far, far better than Gamecubes. Melee is above Halo 3 in sales (so far), and I don't doubt that longterm, Brawl will outsell Halo 3. Don't get me wrong, Halo 3 is amazing, but Brawl will be better.

Wow. Please don't pull statistics out of your ***. 99% you guarantee? I guarantee you're wrong because it's only about 27%. And that was its best selling game.

Wii's have NOTt sold far better than GameCube's. As of now, There have been about 6 or 7 million more GC's sold than Wii's.

360's haven't sold more than GC's either.

Every single fact you gave was made up, and completely untrue. We have stats that can prove those numbers.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'd say Brawl has a good chance of outselling Halo. I recently read that halo 3 has sold 5 million copies ,of those 4 million were sold in the US alone. Surely Brawl will have a wider appeal than that.It's true that the wii audience isn't exactly like the GCs but I think you'll find that both casual and dedicated players will be interested in picking up Brawl.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
The problem with the xbox is that it has its most dominant presence in the US. PAL regions and Japan are a laughable comparison to Wii.

Having a diverse population with 3 major launches compared to Halo 3's 1 Major US launch (granted, it was powerful launch) will make the difference in terms of the longevity of the game.

Also the simplistic design makes it more appealing to causal gamers, and the hopeful depth of the game will attract the most hardcore fans as well.

I think that it is VERY reasonable to see brawl outsell halo3 in the long run, and still have a successful launch.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
yep.i think everyone likes SSB i mean in christmas i play melee with all my cousins its just great everyone yelling at you. in fact im pretty sure that brawl online would kickasses . halo 3 its good but for 1 month , BRAWL FOREVER!!!
You think people yelling at you is great? Well you'll like Brawl for sure then. "PRESS ONE!!! PRESS ONE!!11()NE!!!PRESS ONE!! PRESS ONE!!!!1!"

Wow. Please don't pull statistics out of your ***. 99% you guarantee? I guarantee you're wrong because it's only about 27%. And that was its best selling game.

Wii's have NOTt sold far better than GameCube's. As of now, There have been about 6 or 7 million more GC's sold than Wii's.

360's haven't sold more than GC's either.

Every single fact you gave was made up, and completely untrue. We have stats that can prove those numbers.
Not everything he said was untrue. He did say that Brawl will be better then Halo...

Honestly, i think it will. the hype for this game is enormous.
The hype is definately enormous, but it is not "Halo enormous." It very well could outsell Halo on the first day, but I doubt that.

P.S. You guys are thinking way too small in terms of Smash beverages. Super Smash Starbucks would make all of America know of the game before 10 AM.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Learn to edit your posts, gangstajuice - please don't double or triple post.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
i beleave brawl will kick halo's a**
of course i could be biased considering im on a smash bro's formus and not a halo formus

Xanderous

Smash Lord

False. They're neck-in-neck, and 360 is ahead.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
Halo 3 was one of the largest entertainment launch in history. Not just games, ENTERTAINMENT, period. As in, it was a launch that rivaled that of TV Show, Movie, and Video Games alike. An estimated 3 million units of the game were sold in it's launch period alone. To put that in perspective, Halo 3 since it's launch in September, is already close to selling more than Super Smash Bros. Melee's total sales, from 6+ years being on shelves.

I don't even own a Xbox 360, and the most of Halo I've ever played was Halo 1 multiplayer with friends, and even I know that there's no way Brawl will come close to topping what Halo 3 has set. In the opinions of this community will Brawl be an entire superior and more enjoyable game? Sure. But to even conceive that it will sell more? Not a chance.

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
ha im making your thread hot! well i gotta make a new thread with an appreciation thread for PK from PK Out Of The Shadows!

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
The Wii is selling like hot cakes, and most people are buying Wii's for SSBB. I know 5 of my friends who have Wiis that are getting the game on the release date.

Plus the Wii is the fastest selling video game system in history.

Top Bottom