• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Brawl outsell Halo 3 ?

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Personally I think its obvious Halo will sell more, but doesnt mean its the better game.

Halo hits the hardcore audience perfect, SSBB does to except its on a console classed as not Hardcore! There obviously has been a lot of wiis sold, but some of these sales have been to non hardcore audience groups (like females, small children, non traditional gamers) which simply wont buy brawl.

Where as I think almost every Xbox owner has or will buy buy Halo because its exactly the audience XBox appeals to.

Often in reality its not always the best that sells most, its often the most hyped.

But who cares if Halo sells more, Im sure 99.9% of us dont and neither do Nintendo.

Shipped.

Christ, is that so hard to understand? I'm sure that Microsoft suddenly stopped using shipped numbers in their PR reports conveniently for the one game that would really appreciate having sold-to retail numbers rather than sold-to consumers.

Halo 3 sold 4.1 million in 2007, and in December, it sold somewhere in the range of 300-400k. There's no way that it's sold four million in Japan and PAL regions combined (because Xbox has never been popular in Europe, not very anyway, Halo has been pretty poor as well).

Halo 3 did not sell eight million. I'd bet my life on it.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
They are. Take a look at american game sales in Japan. "-.-"
just because they dont like 5 billion diffrent games that all have to do with war does'nt mean they're bias :dizzy:,they're just not as easilly intertained shooting people as we are -.-

AHAHAHAHA. Very funny. Famitsu is a fan service magazine. Do you realise they give ****ty PS3 Gundam games that get 3/10s in the USA 8s and 9s? I know some people that live in Japan and they know it's a fan service. This DOESNT mean a 10/10 from famitsu is bad it just means the scores can be infalted sometimes. *cough FF12 Nintendogs cough*
fair enough...brawl is still gonna kick it's *** XD

Statistically, Halo 3 will sell more. There is a small % more Wiis than 360s in the world. And a VERY LARGER % of games per system for the 360. This is because 360 owners are on average more hardcore gamers. That is why Halo 3 sold millions more than Mario Galaxy.

So there is no way SSBB will sell more. Only chance is maybe in 6 years it will have sold more by then and by then Xbox 720 and Halo 4 will be out and it won't matter.
you do know they are a bunch of more people that are still waiting for more wii's to be shipped in,and how much more people will want more wii's cuz of brawl?,trust me it will take waaaaay less than 6 years for brawl to outsell halo 3,and it'll take muuuuuuchh longer than 6 years for microsoft to make a Xbox 720

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I kinda doubt it... although with the kind of market the Wii has, anything could happen in the near future. It would be awesome if it did, although I really think this is nothing more than wishful thinking. I don't think Smash Bros will ever pass Halo in overall popularity by the big gamers of the world. Though Smash Bros certainly has a big calling among the casual gamers as well.

Spellman

Smash Ace
I don't think Halo 3 was all that bad but like some would say about Smash (IGN, I'll probably like it personally though), the single player story didn't have enough length and just felt like they rushed this sequel and relied on the power of the Xbox 360 to show off it's visuals.

If you're going to milk a series and sell out, then do it right, unless you're just in it for the money, in which case, congratulations slackers.

syvertsen

Smash Rookie
just because they dont like 5 billion diffrent games that all have to do with war does'nt mean they're bias :dizzy:,they're just not as easilly intertained shooting people as we are -.-
Your arguements are so ****ing horrible. My point isn't that they should play the same games as us, but none of those "5 billion games" even made it to the Famitsu list. Of these "5 billion games" there's lots of top-titles which never sold more than a couple of thousand in Japan, or didn't sell at all.

(And please stop using "-.-", what the **** is it supposed to mean anyway?)

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Your arguements are so ****ing horrible. My point isn't that they should play the same games as us, but none of those "5 billion games" even made it to the Famitsu list. Of these "5 billion games" there's lots of top-titles which never sold more than a couple of thousand in Japan, or didn't sell at all.

(And please stop using "-.-", what the **** is it supposed to mean anyway?)
my arguments are'nt horrible you just dont make you point clear,why should they play games like "us"?they can play games how ever the **** they want,they are'nt American they are Japanese,you think just because they dont think like you there bias?c'mon:nerd:

(and "-.-" mean's like *sigh*...-.-')

syvertsen

Smash Rookie
my arguments are'nt horrible you just dont make you point clear,why should they play games like "us"?they can play games how ever the **** they want,they are'nt American they are Japanese,you think just because they dont think like you there bias?c'mon:nerd:

(and "-.-" mean's like *sigh*...-.-')
I don't make my point clear? I thought I couldn't make myself more clear. I referred to a respectable gamer magazine in Japan: Famitsu. I asked you to look if you could find one single american game at their top list. It's not about taste, it's about quality.

Apparently you don't know that reviewers are supposed to be objective, which Famitsu clearly isn't. I simply say that they're not objective, they're subjective. They're reviewing games after their taste, not the quality of the games itself.

Please write 'sigh' instead of that unbelievable repulsive "smiley", just makes you look like a depressed 14 year old.

rove

Smash Apprentice
Does it matter? They're not competing. We shouldn't be competing. Trying to hold superiority over an entirely different successful series on another console is silly.
Tru Dat It's like music, you cant a judge a song from another song that is from a totally diffrent type.
Same with games really.
Unless your speaking in general

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
I don't make my point clear? I thought I couldn't make myself more clear. I referred to a respectable gamer magazine in Japan: Famitsu. I asked you to look if you could find one single american game at their top list. It's not about taste, it's about quality.

Apparently you don't know that reviewers are supposed to be objective, which Famitsu clearly isn't. I simply say that they're not objective, they're subjective. They're reviewing games after their taste, not the quality of the games itself.

Please write 'sigh' instead of that unbelievable repulsive "smiley", just makes you look like a depressed 14 year old.
fine *sigh*...hmm...I dont really have anything to say after that last comment...so...I guess you win....?whatever...oh and by the way,im not deppresed but I am 14...lol:laugh:

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Shipped.

Christ, is that so hard to understand? I'm sure that Microsoft suddenly stopped using shipped numbers in their PR reports conveniently for the one game that would really appreciate having sold-to retail numbers rather than sold-to consumers.

Halo 3 sold 4.1 million in 2007, and in December, it sold somewhere in the range of 300-400k. There's no way that it's sold four million in Japan and PAL regions combined (because Xbox has never been popular in Europe, not very anyway, Halo has been pretty poor as well).

Halo 3 did not sell eight million. I'd bet my life on it.
Wrong. Several articles claim over 8 million by early Jan. Offical figures too, number was released by Microsoft... So... RIP?
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6184291.html

NINTENDO USES SHIPPED NUMBERS!

Christ, you basically say that Microsoft is the most trustworthy source for sales? It isn't lying to call shipped sales sold because shipped is "sold to retail".

It is undeniable fact that the number one North American surveyor of video game sales reported 4.4 million copies of Halo 3 sold in the United States and Canada.

So basically, you suggest that almost half of the sales worldwide for Halo 3 come from the two weakest regions for the series?

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Nah brawl will outsell halo. Think about it. Halo 3 is popular is western countries alone. Brawl is popular worldwide. I liked halo 1, but I thought the sequals were crap.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
I actually doubted the fact before. But after seeing the Japan sales alone I believe it just might.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Halo: America, Canada, Occasional Europe/South America
Brawl: America, Canada, Europe, Australia, Japan

Do the non-math.
Not sure if you are for Brawl selling or Halo selling, but just to point out that Japan is definitely dominating on the Brawl side.

I'm not sure if this beats Halo, but I think its save to assume that Brawl has beaten Halo 3.

I think America plays Halo more than any other country. XBox doesn't do so well in Japan. Brawl, is available world wide and everybody is playing it.

Plus, everybody has access to a XBox, not everyone has access to a Wii because they keep getting sold out. That would be the only reason Halo outsold Brawl.

Top Bottom