• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Brawl outsell Halo 3 ?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
it would never happen, but I LMAO at even the thought of Sakurai making a Halo game

the fans on both sides would riot so bad.

you do realize that he is 3rd party right?
well even so, with Halo it was all hype and no game. Now I'm not saying Halo wasn't awesome or anything but I know for example my cousin had Halo and sent it back to Gamestop. He was a die hard halo fan but after playing it he said there wasn't much more different from the other two games and that Call of Duty 4 was much superior. Smash is going to be much better than melee with much more modes and gameplay. Plus there is no Call of Duty 4 competition out because Brawl is so unique. So really Sakurai didn't create a Halo game but something much more supperb

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
scoring and selling have little connection, just look at how much sports games sell, even with bad reviews, or like the carnival game for WIi.

well even so, with Halo it was all hype and no game. Now I'm not saying Halo wasn't awesome or anything but I know for example my cousin had Halo and sent it back to Gamestop. He was a die hard halo fan but after playing it he said there wasn't much more different from the other two games and that Call of Duty 4 was much superior. Smash is going to be much better than melee with much more modes and gameplay. Plus there is no Call of Duty 4 competition out because Brawl is so unique. So really Sakurai didn't create a Halo game but something much more supperb
dude, chill, I'm not actually a halo fan.

my point had nothing to do with halo, but with people's loyalties, he is not vs. anyone, he is a neutral force, this game was made by a neutral force, I mean heck it's got snake and sonic in it, fanboys from the N64 generation would turn in their grave to hear of these characters in a NINTENDO game.

so yeah, he is neutral, the game will sell great

and neither it or halo 3 are even in the top 10 best selling games of all time, so it really doesn't matter.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well Seeing People screamed Like hell when a guy did a recovery move in a L.A brawl tourney. I guess it's safe to say that Brawl may out sell Halo 3. Brawl may boost even sales for the Wii.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
Well Seeing People screamed Like hell when a guy did a recovery move in a L.A brawl tourney. I guess it's safe to say that Brawl may out sell Halo 3. Brawl may boost even sales for the Wii.

If thats even possible. The Wii is the fastest selling video game console in the world. It already has no compatition.

Halo, what? Microsoft... ? Whats that?:chuckle::chuckle::laugh:

imwaytoogood

Smash Rookie
simple answer, not in the first year or two. But it eventually will. I know people who just bought Melee a few months ago, that game has been out since 2001/2002

FFBlackmage456

Smash Rookie
Yeah, what is with that? Who really cares if Brawl outsells Halo 3 besides the fanboys?

Now, as for the topic on hand. In the States...Brawl won't even come close to outselling Halo 3. Why? Nothing can compete with the massive hype machine Halo 3 had. Seriously, it managed to get its own soft drink. I'd like to see Brawl pull that off here.
Yeah and Brawl didn't need any soft drinks to build up the hype and look at it now, Tournaments everywhere, lots of pre-orders and all it really had was the DOJO and a few commericals. :p

Grodus5

Smash Rookie
The only game that can beat Halo in terms of quick selling is WoW:WotLK. Brawl WILL probably outsell Halo over time, but it can't sell as fast.

ManCarrot

Smash Cadet
:dizzy:
Lets compare the build up shall we.
All 360 owners probably bought halo 3, Not to count also with the revenue of halo 3 products such as novels, Helmets and other merchandise, halo 3 was all over mountain dew bottles and on billboards everywhere.
Now i dont know about you but Brawl cant compete with something like that, its just not possible.
And anyone who bought "game Fuel" and helmets are just plain ********. Let me draw something about halo on a pencil would you buy that too? Brawl will compete almost everyone with a Xbox will or already have a wii, and Smash is just a must have. Think what you must, this reminds me about when people said the wii wont outsell the xbox... *cough*

ManCarrot

Smash Cadet
simple answer, not in the first year or two. But it eventually will. I know people who just bought Melee a few months ago, that game has been out since 2001/2002
And its selling used for 39.99$ and that's more than the game cube console it self. Now what is halo 2 selling for now 19.99? lol just thought it was funny.

ArmadonRK

Smash Rookie
Brawl has not had nearly the publicity that Halo 3, and so while I believe Brawl to be the better game, it will not outsell Halo.
The Halo trilogy was so well advertised and publicized that people who might otherwise not buy a videogame in their life were intrigued by the hype surround the 3rd installment.
Brawl will sell well, better than most any other game, but it just doesn't have the ad-power to propel it ahead of Halo. I would say more poeple (among console gamers) have played SSB than pretty much any other game, but Halo is not restricted to those video-gamers because of the Microsoft machine that pushed it out to everyone they could influence.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Yeah and Brawl didn't need any soft drinks to build up the hype and look at it now, Tournaments everywhere, lots of pre-orders and all it really had was the DOJO and a few commericals. :p
That is too true. My thought's that Brawl will sell more, well Brawl is rated T and Halo is rated M, rated T sells more. But since people under age buy the game, I don't know anymore. =/

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
THis name should instead be replaced with "Is Brawl better then Halo 3" because Brawl could be the best game in the world, and not outsell halo with all their hardcore fans, and incredibly large advertising campaign, all to lead up the the dissapointment.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
The only game that can beat Halo in terms of quick selling is WoW:WotLK. Brawl WILL probably outsell Halo over time, but it can't sell as fast.
speed is'ny waht we're looking for,it's the end result we're intrested in :)

Brawl has not had nearly the publicity that Halo 3, and so while I believe Brawl to be the better game, it will not outsell Halo.
The Halo trilogy was so well advertised and publicized that people who might otherwise not buy a videogame in their life were intrigued by the hype surround the 3rd installment.
Brawl will sell well, better than most any other game, but it just doesn't have the ad-power to propel it ahead of Halo. I would say more poeple (among console gamers) have played SSB than pretty much any other game, but Halo is not restricted to those video-gamers because of the Microsoft machine that pushed it out to everyone they could influence.
lemme take something out in paticular "but Halo is not restricted to those video-gamers because of the Microsoft machine that pushed it out to everyone they could influence"halo is restricted it rated M which mean only adult's and teenager bought it,but well let's look at this,the wii sold and is still selling like crazy and the wiii is not restricted to ANYONEexcept maybe for todlers,now imagine whats gonna happen when every one who has a wii see's a comercial of brawl,just one,and hear's it's the best game on the wii and a must get game at that,they alone will advertise it all nintendo need's to do is out rated a perfect 10/10 by _______ another perfect score by _____ and so on,lol just like with assassins creed,nintendo know's they dont need to waste money with soda advertisment -.-,brawl can just basicly be advertised with one good comercial's scince there are so many wii's in every house these days

syvertsen

Smash Rookie
Famitsu rates Halo 3 37/40 while it gives brawl a perfect score, looks like we have the lead in one of the critics so far!
As said before, Japanese don't play American games because they don't like them. That's a Japanese Magazine, so don't take their score for gold. I don't get why though, 99% of the good games these days are American, look at Bioshock, Call of Duty and Oblivion - they still sell **** in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famitsu
See if you can find any american games at that list.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
As said before, Japanese don't play American games because they don't like them. That's a Japanese Magazine, so don't take their score for gold. I don't get why though, 99% of the good games these days are American, look at Bioshock, Call of Duty and Oblivion - they still sell **** in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famitsu
See if you can find any american games at that list.
it does'nt matter wether or not you think the japanese are bias gamer's(which there not -.-),Brawl is the better game

Killer Tree

Smash Journeyman
Statistically, Halo 3 will sell more. There is a small % more Wiis than 360s in the world. And a VERY LARGER % of games per system for the 360. This is because 360 owners are on average more hardcore gamers. That is why Halo 3 sold millions more than Mario Galaxy.

So there is no way SSBB will sell more. Only chance is maybe in 6 years it will have sold more by then and by then Xbox 720 and Halo 4 will be out and it won't matter.

Killer Tree

Smash Journeyman
it does'nt matter wether or not you think the japanese are bias gamer's(which there not -.-),Brawl is the better game
AHAHAHAHA. Very funny. Famitsu is a fan service magazine. Do you realise they give ****ty PS3 Gundam games that get 3/10s in the USA 8s and 9s? I know some people that live in Japan and they know it's a fan service. This DOESNT mean a 10/10 from famitsu is bad it just means the scores can be infalted sometimes. *cough FF12 Nintendogs cough*

Best101

Smash Ace
Most great American games are nothing but FPS. Pretty lame if you ask me. I get tired of guns, and I don't too much like shooting anyway but that's just all my opinion.

Also Brawl will not selll more than Halo 3. Half of the people in my school don't even know what Super Smash Brothers Brawl is. Halo 3 got 1,000 times more hype than Brawl will ever have.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Most great American games are nothing but FPS. Pretty lame if you ask me. I get tired of guns, and I don't too much like shooting anyway but that's just all my opinion.

Also Brawl will not selll more than Halo 3. Half of the people in my school don't even know what Super Smash Brothers Brawl is. Halo 3 got 1,000 times more hype than Brawl will ever have.
Pretty much, but FPS is pretty fun. Majority of the people I ask know what SSB is but your right, they don't even know what Brawl is. Lack of advertisements in the US I guess. Halo 3 sold well, but some of the people I know who bought it just went back to Halo 2 after a while lol. I seriously doubt SSBB selling more than Halo 3, but I don't care.

DannyMDEFactor

Smash Cadet
People might be playing Melee after they bought Brawl as well. I, personally, don't see this as a legitimate competition. Statistics (as in how well it sold and ratings) don't always prove whether a game is better than the other (since some games get same/similar ratings). I could say "Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (genesis) is way better than both Halo 3 and SSBB", that would be my opinion, it doesn't have to be true. This is elementary school stuff guys. I bought Halo 3 because I've been a fan of the series and I liked playing the game, I still play it. I'm going to buy Brawl for the same reason.

Yes, brawl is better than Gaylo 3.

Also, SSBB is on track to sell 2 million in Japan alone, while Halo 3 has, so far, shown to be unable to surpass any other Halo game. With the fact that the Wii has sold so much more than GameCube at similar ages, SSBB not selling more than SSBM (which has so far sold more than Halo 2) is a laugh.

And SMG is quickly catching up to Halo 3. As can be seen, SMG is selling more month after month in North America, is taking Europe by storm (unlike the Halo series, which for some inexplicable reason, never took off there), and has broken 1,000,000 in Japan, versus Halo 3's sub 100k sales there.

Top Bottom