• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Brawl outsell Halo 3 ?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Can I ask why people think of Brawl as a "hardcore game" that no new gamers will get? There is definately a hardcore aspect to the game if you really take the time to master the game, but it isn't really "hardcore". If I didn't know Smash at all and I saw an add for it, I'd be like "A fighting game with a bunch of cool Nintendo characters? And Sonic's in it... Mom! Can I borrow some money?"

A lot of casual gamers might just see one of their favorite videogame characters and decide to pick it up. There being +40 characters I'm sure a lot of people will get the game. Halo attracted fans of Halo and, though that is a huge number, will not be as high as the immense number of Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Starfox, F-Zero, Sonic, Metal Gear Solid, or all of the retro games. Smash will attract fans from all over, not just fans of Smash.

I still don't Smash will beat Halo in opening release, but it will be close.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
I don't see why it couldn't come close, if not possible sell more over time mind you.

According to the VGC Melee sold 6.58m total compared to Halo 2's 7.89m. Yes yes I realise the numbers are a bit behind but also remember that SSB has now become a premier Nintendo franchise and its popularaty has grown. With Nintendo giving Brawl so much love its bound to be a competetor. The one thing that I see that could hold this game back is Nintendo's advertising stradigies because if recent trends hold true for this game as well then we are sure to see very little mainstream ads. Halo sells well because its ads are common and instill awe in the veiwer. Nintendo needs to step up lest this game fall into the so-so sales pit right along side MP3.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
on a side note just because something doesn't sell as well as another product doesn't mean it hasn't sold well. Compare the DS and PSP sales. The DS has swamped the PSP in total sales but the PSP has actualy sold well. This goes for games as well. Yes Halo 3 has sold huge amounts of units but LoZ:TP and Galaxy have also sold well even if they can't quite compare to Halo.
My point is just about anything that has sold over 1m units has sold decently well and 2m is more then most games ever reach.

(Sorry about the double post :ohwell:)

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't mean they can compare to Halo 3 or are selling at close to the same rate.

But when analysts call Galaxy's sales "shocking" and "disappointing", and Nintendo themselves comment on the poor sales of Twilight Princess, something is wrong.

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
I think that, like the Wii, Smash is one of those things that people see at a friend's house and think it's really cool and buy it even if you are not that into games. Sure Melee was very hardcore if you wanted it to be but for most people it was a party game so I think that Brawl won't be able to compete with Halo in first week sales but In the long run I see the Wii outselling the 360 and Brawl will steadily sell more than Halo.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Melee is as hardcore as Metal Gear (Solid), the Legend of Zelda, and Metroid, but at the same time as casual as Mario spin-offs, Wii Play, and Wii Sports. In other words, it's more universal then the mainframe Mario series is at this point, by a good margin. It is as varied as comparing Devil May Cry 3 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater to Mario Party 8 and Wii Sports. Seriously. It will sell, and the sales will not fail. REMEBER WHAT KOJIMA SAID IN MAY..."If it was released tomorrow, it would sell millions" Yae, he made a 7 million unit selling game in MGS2, and Brawl will indefinitely trumph 8 million units. Remeber October...Brawl was like 5 times more hyped then every other game combined, seriously. XD

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
my suggestion about brawl beatting halo 3 is a chance of beatting it!! in other words it has a chance to beat halo 3!!!!!!! i agree!!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
well now like im bored Shadow rocks i hope he gets in brawl!!!!!!! and so does knuckles!!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
w/e i dont care about halo 3 becasue it sucks and i know that brawl is better than halo 3 in many ways and it is funner!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
defenitly i say brawl can outsell halo 3 and you wanna know why!!!????!!!! it's because halo 3's storymode sucks!!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
a lot and it's the same crap as halo 1 and 2 just with better graphics WOW hat a big change!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
the game still sucks a lot so why bother if the game still sucks but the first day was crazy for a gay game!!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
u know what the gameplay sucks its not fun at all id rather play brawl i mean!! bratz or hanna montana no offense to the fans!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
you know what if there is fans i don't care because the game sucks to and so does halo 3 and games from halo like halo and halo 2 and halo wars would probably be the same crap!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
i bet you that halo wars will be the same as halo 3 but more suckier and more people are going to camp for the retarted game!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
i bet you a lot but halo wars might be different than halo 3 due to it looks like it sucks more!!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
well so far halo 3 and other halo related games sucks i would say the best games for the 360 besides halo 3 that sucks a lot is mass effect

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
i would as well say gears of war is lots of fun and i always play it at my cuzins house all the time!!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
well i dont have gears of war because i spent all my money at buying a wii and pre-ordering brawl because you know i will!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
hoo wouldn't pre-order brawl well people hoo doesn't have a wii but if didn't have a wii...!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
i would still pre-order it and wait until i get a wii or play at my friends house or if i don't have any i would stare at the box and kiss it!! lol!! just kidding!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
well sorry well got to go be for i'll be banned from this place well peace jefry!!! you can thank me later for all the comments!!!! comment bak!!! remember Halo 3 sucks

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
i would still pre-order it and wait until i get a wii or play at my friends house or if i don't have any i would stare at the box and kiss it!! lol!! just kidding!!
Like I said in the other thread, you're going to get yourself permanently banned, but it doesn't seem like you mind. However, if you read this, http://smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=118&a=98, you'll know that they can block you from ever returning to this site again, so it's not like you can keep creating 10 different accounts over and over again.

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
so many people says no but i say it can beat it but everybody tells me it can reach close but not beat Halo 3 but i dissagree!!

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
Halo 3 is an established game they both are different types of games but my suggestion would be which is the funnest! i say BRAWL!! Defenitly!!

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
the guy at gamestop told me that there are more pre-orders on Brawl than Halo 3! so Brawl has a big chance of beating Halo 3!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Double Poster....

P.S. Wow this debate is still going on...the proof is in the #s people, more wiis out then 360s hence Brawl has a better poltential...

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Double Poster....

P.S. Wow this debate is still going on...the proof is in the #s people, more wiis out then 360s hence Brawl has a better poltential...
Pretty much sums up the debate. More Wii's = Possibly more Brawls.

And it's triple not double!

Top Bottom