• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii will not accept poor online! (Letters to Nintendo)

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
Wii will not accept poor online!

I am going to be writing a letter to Nintendo addressing the lag issue that plagues practically every brawler who has ever dared connect to Wifi. The quality of Brawl's online play is atrocious. The dedicated fans of the Smash Bros. community deserve more from Nintendo and I stand to get more. I ask you all to stand with me.

If you agree that Brawl's online play is far below the quality standard that Nintendo promises, sign this thread. I will list the name of every brawler who signs in my letter.

If you think fans can't make a difference you are wrong. Nintendo needs to know that the want for a better online experience is there. It is there, is it not?

If you don't agree with what I am doing then let this thread fall to the bottom with all the rest, but if you are tired of Brawl's terrible online play like I am, please sign. I also encourage any of those who feel up to the task of writing letters to join me.

Update: Over 40 names as of November 26th. Thank you to everyone and keep them coming!

Update - 3/17/10: Over 170 signatures! I want to thank everyone who has contributed. Every name will be accounted for as soon as I free up the time to list them. If you haven't yet signed, please do!

Feel free to give your name, tag, character you play or any other information you feel comfortable with. The more personal the better. Last names are not required.

Names:

1. Kevin Morehouse "Shady" Link
2. Lionel Vidal "Darktemplio" Toon link
3. Kyle "OmegaXF" Marth
4. Brian "brinboy789" Metaknight
5. Miikka "MiiKai" Luigi
6. Aaron "A-Tron" Snake
7. Jon M "IHavU" Ganon-Snake
8. Peter "Jimtopia" Kirby
9. Markus "HeroMystic" Mario
10. Sean "KING BRISKET" Pikachu
11. Luke "DAD" Ganon
12. Luke Moritz "Milk!!" Snake
13. Juuso "Tr4ce" Metaknight
14. Ashley "Royale" Snake
15. Michael "BooF" Random
16. Eric "SASKE" Toon Link
17. Brandon "Ugg" G&W
18. Matthew "Kalm"
19. Brandon "DAG'
20. Cesar "Cero" Fox
21. Brandon "MITH" Donkey Kong
22. Roy "NAKED" Peach
23. Christopher (knuxrouge) Fox
24. Josh "Kjata" Marth
25. Brandon "Brandon72196" Toon Link
26. Blad01 - Falco, Ganondorf
27. Daisy-Fan Sonic/ Peach
28. Kenny- "Meta-Kirby" Pokemon Trainer
29. John "A good smash" Ike
30. Joe "Shadowtroop" Snake
31. John "Hyde" snake
32. Ingmar "C4L" Fox
33. Lounis "Biglou" Luigi
34. Zach "G-Beast" Lucario
35. Jeff "Raiken" Lucario
36. Aaron "H20" Toon Link
37. Starlit "WaffleZ" Link
38. JCav wolf
39. Alex "S96" Snake
40. Louie "Jonko" Luigi
41. ''Tiamat'' - Captain Falcon
42. Dyon "Sjeele" Lucas
43. Chris "Chris" Bowser
44. Nicholas "Swordmasterxxxi" Marth
45. Lucious, "mM94," Samus
46. Jose "Kinzer" Sonic/Ike.
47. karthik_king Sonic/DK
48. David "Teron(ist09)" Ganon
49. Nick "The Holy Potato" Captain Falcon
50. Michael Sypher "MAtgSy" Poke'mon Trainer
51. Ronnie "Sonic ghost" Random
52. Jouni "iSuck" Sheik/Link
53. Suzie "Advance" Pikachu
54. Roger "Kenji" Ike
55. Phil "Kris" Pokemon trainer
56. Matt "PD" Marth
57. Greg "Battousai" Marth
58. Robert "Smashking06" Mario
59. Majed
60. Yaya G&W, Pokemon trainer
61. Jeremiah "CJ" Marth
62. Ryan "Ryry" Captain Falcon
63. Mayling "Mayling" Pit
64. Greg Chandler Luigi
65. Torben "Watchful_Eye" Kirby
66. Guus "Gf2tw" Random
67. Rashid "Colonel" Luigi
68. c0rnz/b0mb Lucario
69. Hampus "Mute" Grönvall Toon Link/Pit/Meta Knight
70. Ethan "Xiah" Link
71. Alex Wolf "Hebi" Lucario
72. Joshua "iJosh" Ganondorf
73. Min Wu Tang "Minwu325" Pit/Ike/Sonic
74.'Patrick "Jiggy" Olimar
75. Phill "Pj" Diddy kong
76. Ricarod "El Raspa" Snake
77. Johnny Pteran Captain Falcon
78. Wilton "Commander Blitzkrieg" Fox
79. Tobias "TAC" Samus
80. Meta master "tHE_kING" - metaknight
81. Eric "Shade" Kirby
82. Chris "Hitage" Sonic
83. Andrew Latham "vasilicus" Diddy
84. Byron "cutter" Mr. Game & Watch
85. Brian Perez "Delta" Luigi
86. Kalle "Ori"- Marth
87. Emmanuel "Th3 G1ft88" Luigi
88. Graham "Suco" Kirby
89. David "Sygs" Pikachu
90. Max "ShootingStar" Metaknight
91. Micah "East" "Sheik"
92. Iago"Chaos"Toonlink
93. Justaway12
94. Taylor "Havokk" Snake
95. Tianxiazhai
96. Ross Stevenson "ToiletRoll" Random
97. Glenn "KoRoBeNiKi" Luigi
98. David, K 2, GDubs
99. Aura_Fear

STAND TOGETHER!

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
Well, I do think that if the online feature had no lag, the world would be a better place.
Lionel Vidal "Darktemplio" Toon link (which i cant play online since the lag really screws up the timing to a lot of Tlinks attacks)

Hope nintendo does something about this stupid lag.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
While I couldn't disagree with what you're trying to do here, I also doubt that it will work. From my understanding, it is not a legal agreement that those who purchase a copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl are garunteed WiFi connectivity and service. In fact, I doubt we could do or say much of anything if they decided to shut off WiiConnect24 tomorrow.

No lag would be nice, but you may be asking a bit too much of a 'free online service', especially considering that there's lag in those you are required to pay for.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
It'll be a miracle if Nintendo could do something right for a change. I have small hope...o well
Kyle "OmegaXF" Marth

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Joe Plumber "Ruddy" Fox. Oh and also my friend Boris Schladevasky "Schlad" King Dedede.

A-Tron

Smash Cadet
i definatly wouldnt mind paying for online if it meant a lag-free brawl

*signs*

Aaron "A-Tron" Snake

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I dont think this will work. Anyways lag cant really be fixed very well because its your internet that causes it not nintendo. However I would like to see a better online system instead of just basic brawl or team battle cause those are just bull crap.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
It's not likely that Sakurai and his team will try to patch up the flawed online networks they have created. We all wish they would, but it's just not likely.

Sukai

Smash Champion
My only beef with the laggy online is when you Brawl with anyone.
Sometimes it lags horrendously. And even freezes to the point that i have to forcefully shut down my Wii.
Sign me up, Nintendo could have at least limited the range to who you fight online, its not like it'll make that big of a difference, we don't know who we're fighting either way.
Plus the blame for lag belongs to you internet service provider, not the game or the Wii, I have people in Other countries in my roster with a Red circle and I don't lag at all.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad this has received so many names so quicly. Thank you to everyone who is contributing and keep them coming!

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
While I couldn't disagree with what you're trying to do here, I also doubt that it will work. From my understanding, it is not a legal agreement that those who purchase a copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl are garunteed WiFi connectivity and service. In fact, I doubt we could do or say much of anything if they decided to shut off WiiConnect24 tomorrow.

No lag would be nice, but you may be asking a bit too much of a 'free online service', especially considering that there's lag in those you are required to pay for.

This is Nintendo's official seal of quality. Every Nintendo game since the video game crash of the 80's has displayed this mark. This seal promises that every game that bears it will be of Nintendo's finest quality. We were told Brawl would have online play and as far as I am concerned, it doesn't.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
I get 0 lag regardless whether its a friendly wifi match or basic brawl. But then again not everyone here has a excellent router with about a 350 foot signal and a good cable provider. Hopefully you all have done your homework in regards to doing what you can to make your online experience better.

Gonna also sign as well because getting better service and a better trouble shooting system is really needed. I still get random disconnects, and more often than not the room your in can crash after being in it for awhile.

Ashley "Royale" Snake

Royale

Smash Journeyman
It's not likely that Sakurai and his team will try to patch up the flawed online networks they have created. We all wish they would, but it's just not likely.
Actually i've played an MMO for a few years, i can tell you this. The american service is probably run through NOA in Seattle. Sakurai and his development team dont do anything, Nintendo does. So im willing to be Nintendo of Japan is the people that montior the japanese brawl. While NOA montiors ours. DO NOT BLAME Sakurai and his team for what goes on online. They did develop this system yes, it has flaws that can be addressed in SSB4.

Someone should really make a thread dedicated to online changes that need to be seen in SSB4. Like us getting a type of Xbox live service.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Petitions don't seem to work, as much as I hate saying this (because I fully believe in your cause)
All nintendo will do is either throw it away, or send a "we're sorry that you're having technical difficulties, blah blah blah" email in return to you. There won't be a patch to fix it, they won't do ANYTHING about it. In their eyes, what's done, is done.

Although I really hope I'm proven wrong. I really do.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I get 0 lag regardless whether its a friendly wifi match or basic brawl. But then again not everyone here has a excellent router with about a 350 foot signal and a good cable provider. Hopefully you all have done your homework in regards to doing what you can to make your online experience better.

Gonna also sign as well because getting better service and a better trouble shooting system is really needed. I still get random disconnects, and more often than not the room your in can crash after being in it for awhile.

Ashley "Royale" Snake
Well, the lag for me wasn't what was bothering me, it was the input delay.
I never got any lag, the delay was what was killing me.

pureincognito

Smash Rookie
David (Pika). I would gladly pay 50 dollars or more per year for a lag free Brawl as well as other games. Also, If I were to pay I might expect matchmaking of somesort and mabye even a ranking system, but now I know I'm asking for too much.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Eric "SASKE" Toon Link

Go for it.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
David (Pika). I would gladly pay 50 dollars or more per year for a lag free Brawl as well as other games. Also, If I were to pay I might expect matchmaking of somesort and mabye even a ranking system, but now I know I'm asking for too much.
That's not asking for too much at all. I actually expected a ranking system when I first heard Brawl had online play. This is the 21st century and games have had online play since the last console generation. I also would not mind paying to play and if brawl had a matchmaking and ranking system like you are suggesting I personally think Brawl would be the most popular fighter in the world.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
/sign Matthew "Kalm"

The online functions built into this game are the worst that I have ever seen. The online options are limited to a choking amount of gameplay. Without a friendlist, it is impossible to have an enjoyable online experience because the "With Anyone" feature is atrocious and disgusting. Both teams and basic brawl offer little more than an eternity in a WAITING ROOM before getting a chance to actually play the game. There are no way to change any rules whatsoever when you just want to connect to the internet and brawl through "With Anyone". That is because there are no individual servers and rooms you can joy, you're forced into the one option the section of the game offers.
I do not always want items on, I do not want to constantly fight with three other people, I do not want to RANDOMLY FIGHT COMPUTERS AS PART OF THOSE THREE OTEHR PEOPLE, and I do not want a game that absolutely destroys any hope of meeting people while fighting. I can not see names, there is no leader board, there is no form of communication, there is nothing other than one single option to fight with, and it's awful. Not only do I think that the online functions of this game could be better, I honestly wonder just how they could be any worse, it's pure sickening to have had such high hopes destroyed by what looks like a severe lack of thought or consideration. The online feature of this game is so bad I WISH IT DID NOT EXIST AND WAS INSTEAD REPLACED WITH SOMETHING ELSE.
Lag? Forget that, just make the online features more interactive, do something. You aren't just forcing us to play with one set of rules, you're forcing us to play with a set of rules that the general public doesn't like. Forced 2 min matches with all items, 4 people that are sometimes COMPUTERS, and the inability to access any player that peaks our interest. It's a failure of epic proportions. It is an abomination. It is not what fifteen+ year fans of Nintendo have come to expect.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Whatever, what's the worst that could happen? =J

Roy "NAKED" Peach

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Roy naked Peach.

That has a nice ring to it. =3
You better believe it does. :laugh:

Out of curiousity, would Ninty write a letter back to the sender? And if they did, would it say something like, "We can't do this because of limitations etc, etc."?

I've heard that Ninty has been influenced by other attempts to get things they want, (like that one website with Earthbound) but really, what is the most they would do?

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
/sign Matthew "Kalm"

The online functions built into this game are the worst that I have ever seen. The online options are limited to a choking amount of gameplay. Without a friendlist, it is impossible to have an enjoyable online experience because the "With Anyone" feature is atrocious and disgusting. Both teams and basic brawl offer little more than an eternity in a WAITING ROOM before getting a chance to actually play the game. There are no way to change any rules whatsoever when you just want to connect to the internet and brawl through "With Anyone". That is because there are no individual servers and rooms you can joy, you're forced into the one option the section of the game offers.
I do not always want items on, I do not want to constantly fight with three other people, I do not want to RANDOMLY FIGHT COMPUTERS AS PART OF THOSE THREE OTEHR PEOPLE, and I do not want a game that absolutely destroys any hope of meeting people while fighting. I can not see names, there is no leader board, there is no form of communication, there is nothing other than one single option to fight with, and it's awful. Not only do I think that the online functions of this game could be better, I honestly wonder just how they could be any worse, it's pure sickening to have had such high hopes destroyed by what looks like a severe lack of thought or consideration. The online feature of this game is so bad I WISH IT DID NOT EXIST AND WAS INSTEAD REPLACED WITH SOMETHING ELSE.
Lag? Forget that, just make the online features more interactive, do something. You aren't just forcing us to play with one set of rules, you're forcing us to play with a set of rules that the general public doesn't like. Forced 2 min matches with all items, 4 people that are sometimes COMPUTERS, and the inability to access any player that peaks our interest. It's a failure of epic proportions. It is an abomination. It is not what fifteen+ year fans of Nintendo have come to expect.
I recall having similar rants like these when Brawl first came out. It's so frustrating you just want to scream.

I dont think this will work. Anyways lag cant really be fixed very well because its your internet that causes it not nintendo. However I would like to see a better online system instead of just basic brawl or team battle cause those are just bull crap.
"Anyways lag cant really be fixed very well because its your interent that causes it not nintendo."

That is entirely untrue in Brawl's case.

Top Bottom