• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Well PD is on the list. (So far)

Where did you find this, is it just a made up wishlist for the website?

BUT

If it is true, that the F-Zero Developer Kit for the 64 is on there, then yay me.

I've sooooo wanted that.

Edit: So, it is an official planned lineup so far.

Very swank.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
I'm currently making some HUGE Lists concerning Revolution's function of downloading past games.

All discussion about the issue will take place in the topic once it's ready to be posted(and I did not say finish, cause it's gonna take a few days to make those lists).

:)

Hawkeyes

Smash Cadet
Cabbage? Sounds awesome, especially Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and Earthbound. Hopefully they will not cost too much and I have a question. How did people pay for downloads and the like on X Box Live, like what method did they use (I never had an X Box)? Do you think it will be similar to the Revolution?

BEAM swordzman

Smash Journeyman
There's also a new Donkey Kong game in development for Revolution, set to be released in 2006. So far, the only known games in development for Revolution are:

-Super Smash Bros. Revolution
-Donkey Kong Revolution
-Super Mario 128 (or Mario Revolution)
-Metroid Prime 3
-Legend of Zelda Revolution
- King Kong
-The Darkness
- Splinter Cell 4
- POTC: Dead Man's Chest
-Kid Icarus
- FF: CC Revolution
-Animal Crossing Revolution
- Killing Day
- Resident Evil 5 (jk)

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by BEAM swordzman
There's also a new Donkey Kong game in development for Revolution, set to be released in 2006. So far, the only known games in development for Revolution are:

-Super Smash Bros. Revolution
-Donkey Kong Revolution
-Super Mario 128 (or Mario Revolution)
-Metroid Prime 3
-Legend of Zelda Revolution
- King Kong
-The Darkness
- Splinter Cell 4
- POTC: Dead Man's Chest
-Kid Icarus
- FF: CC Revolution
-Animal Crossing Revolution
- Killing Day
- Resident Evil 5 (jk)
There's a couple of problems with that list.

-Mario 128, hasn't officially been signed on as a Revolution game.
-Kid Icarus, has only been hinted to.
-King Kong, I believe has already been slated for Gamecube

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Well Mario 128 or Mario whatever there will be a Mario game for the Revolution (duh).

Shigeru Miyamoto: [Chuckles] I'm just really sorry. I think I've given people the wrong impression with Mario 128. With all the questions I'm getting about this, I really feel like I've done people a disservice. In regards to Mario 128, we're currently doing a lot of Mario experiments back in Kyoto. We are definitely going to have a new Mario for Revolution. Whether or not that's 128 or not, I can't really say. It might be a new Sunshine. We're not sure. We're doing a lot of Mario tests right now for the Revolution."

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
I can't believe nobody's seen this yet (from ign.com)

"June 7, 2005 - Nintendo brought Revolution to the Japanese press for the first time on the morning of the 7th, a few weeks following the system's debut at last month's E3. During the press conference, president Satoru Iwata leaked a few exciting details on what we can look forward to with the system, and also touched upon Nintendo's other plans.

Iwata highlighted a few features of the Revolution. First off, the system is thin, small and doesn't get in the way. It's also quiet and uses little power. Players will be able to get their hands on a controller that's wireless and isn't scary to touch (more hints on the controller, below!).

Regarding the system's backwards compatibility features, Iwata refered to this part of the Revolution as a "Virtual Console." From a technical standpoint, all NES, Super NES and N64 games can work with the system, although it's unclear if every game in Nintendo's tremendous back catalogue will be available.

There's some disappointing news for those expecting these classics to be available for free. Nintendo is planning on pay downloads as being the standard for this download system. There will be many types of services, though, including limited time free downloads. One possibility mentioned by Iwata is free downloads as bonuses for buying new games.

Backwards compatibility for GameCube goes beyond just the software. You'll be able to use all controllers (Wave Bird included), memory cards, the Mario Party microphone, the Dance Dance dance pad and even the Donkey Konga konga controller.

The downloads will, as previously announced, be stored in flash memory. You'll be able to store games in the 512 megabytes built into the system, but should this fill up, you can transfer your downloads to an SD memory card and use your computer to manage the files. Iwata didn't elaborate, but did state that copy protection is in place (so don't expect to simply send downloaded game copies to your friends by e-mail).

Nintendo's use of flash memory rather than a hard disk was very much intentional. The company believes that kids as young as five years old will use the Revolution and could damage a built-in hard disk. Additionally, Iwata points to longevity, reliability and cost as being part of the decision to go with flash.

The internal flash memory is being used for a few areas besides the download of game classics. You'll be able to save games to the flash area, update the Revolution's firmware (adding new features along the way, presumably) and download game demos! That's right, Revolution game demos, downloaded right to your Revolution hardware.

Aside from general specifications, three main areas of the system have yet to be revealed: the shape and functionality of the controller, the price and release date and the software lineup. Nintendo has held back on these areas for competitive reasons, but all three will be revealed before the end of the year.

The controller in particular seems to be getting quite a bit of attention, with Nintendo software master Shigeru Miyamoto commenting at the press conference that the company is making a big investment in creating the device. Iwata added, "I think you will be surprised by the Revolution's controller."

Moving away from Revolution (sorry... that's all we have for you!), Iwata spoke a bit about Nintendo's non-console plans. The company's WiFi internet service is coming along, with plans still in place to establish at least 1,000 free access points throughout Japan that will allow DS users to play Online games. In Japan, the company has two Online compatible titles planned for the end of 2005, Mario Kart DS and Animal Forest. These two titles, as well as all Nintendo Online games will have no additional fees for Online play. Twenty-five developers have signed on to support Nintendo's new Online service, although it's unclear if they will all jump on the free service bandwagon.

Almost as interesting is the new type of communication being planned for Nintendogs. Nintendo's dog simulation is already out in Japan and is one of the hottest games around (outside of Nintendo's own Otona no DS Training game). Starting 6/21, Nintendo will begin opening up special areas in train stations and shops where Nintendogs owners will be able to walk around with their DS flaps closed and have their Nintendogs cartridges communicate with one another automatically, trading dog data.

Iwata also pointed to a few sales trends for recent NDS titles. Nintendogs, the DS's biggest hit since launch, has sold over 40% of its copies to female players -- almost double what normal DS games sell. Meanwhile, the adult-oriented Otona no DS Training has sold well with older gamers, and is also performing better than usual amongst ladies. Nintendo, incidentally, refers to both titles as being part of its "Touch Generations" series of games that bring new players to videogames. The series continues later this month with two more titles.

The Revolution, Iwata revealed at the press conference, will actually feature simple titles like Otona no DS Training. But don't worry -- you'll also get big, epic titles like Zelda."

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Today, during a business strategy conference in Japan, senior director and general manager of Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development (EAD) Shigeru Miyamoto disclosed that the Revolution's controller not only hasn't reached its final form factor, but is still very much in flux.

"We're at a stage where we're adding and removing various kinds of functions, which has been very fun," he said. Miyamoto went on to say that Nintendo's main cause for removing functions is concern that the controller could become too complex, making gameplay overly difficult.

Unsurprisingly, the Donkey Kong creator didn't go into much more detail. "The Revolution will have an interesting interface. We're investing a lot of money into the [development of the] interface, and it's still not finalized," said Miyamoto.

Despite Miyamoto's comments, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata reiterated his confidence in the next-gen console. "We expect that you will be surprised with the Revolution's controller," he said, smiling.
Oh joy. Nintendo, you had reeealy get a move on. Not even decided what the controller is going to do!? Gah....

Hawkeyes

Smash Cadet
I suppose I should get a credit card soon then because I definetly plan on downloading old games (I gave my friend my SNES). I hope they release screenshots over the summer for Super Smash Bros. Revoultion and the new Super Mario Bros. I know Nintendo's ideas have been stolen in the past, like wireless controllers, rumble paks, d-pads, etcetera but they should really show off everything about the Revolution now. Sony and Microsoft do not have time to copy and completely change their system so Nintendo's fears are pretty much unjustified.

Atleast we get some variety of colors, my favorite being:

Link Revolution

The news that they will reveal everything at the next E3 is disheartening to me because that means we will not get the Revolution until after May. Nintendo should hurry up and finalize a controller design better than a boomerang.

EvilEvincar

Smash Journeyman
They already have said they will reveal the controller by the end of the year. Considering, they are being kind.
For some reason, I have a feeling that both Sony and Nintendo will be very talkative come around October or November (launch of 360).

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Originally posted by EvilEvincar
They already have said they will reveal the controller by the end of the year. Considering, they are being kind.
For some reason, I have a feeling that both Sony and Nintendo will be very talkative come around October or November (launch of 360).
Good call. That would be a good time to realease information on next generation systems.

It's also possible that Nintendo might do another Space World. If they planned that during the Xbox 360 launch, they could do some major damage to Microsoft (assuming that what they reveal is incredible, of course).

Dark Lord Uraj

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Hawkeyes
I know Nintendo's ideas have been stolen in the past, like wireless controllers, rumble paks, d-pads, etcetera but they should really show off everything about the Revolution now. Sony and Microsoft do not have time to copy and completely change their system so Nintendo's fears are pretty much unjustified.
None of Nintendo's other ideas that were stolen were implemented on release by other companies, but rather added on later as alternatives (save rumble feature, which came staple on PS2 and XBox).

Wireless controllers were released later for PS2, after all, so it might be wise for Nintendo to hold their hand a little longer before showing their cards.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
M3D has some ties to Nintendo, among other companies, and a "Nintendo rep" has told him that Revolution is confirmed for Quarter 1 of 2006.

That's all well and dandy, but I'd still like to see an official announcement stating so. But that's just me.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Omnigamer
M3D has some ties to Nintendo, among other companies, and a "Nintendo rep" has told him that Revolution is confirmed for Quarter 1 of 2006.

That's all well and dandy, but I'd still like to see an official announcement stating so. But that's just me.
How in the hell does he know somone from the inside??:crazy:

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Gnight:
How in the hell does he know somone from the inside??:crazy:
M3D is in the know

he got a job offer for a position in Nintendo Power.

lucky *******.

anyway, Revolution for Q1 06? ooooohhh, what are the chances for a simultaneous world release? unlikely .. that means Q2 for Australia, hmmm.

and if they plan on Q12006 then they would definantly have to hold another Spaceworld at the end of this year to up the hype.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/Lancer_McCloud/random/rev-con.jpg
http://img187.echo.cx/img187/9503/rev0035dn.jpg

I have no idea how legit these are.. they don't even look that convincing and wouldn't have been that hard to make up, considering the complete black (the revolution's main colour) with blue lights (identical to the light around the optical disc slot).

These may just be speculation pictures from a russian (?) mag. Everyone remember the nintendo power DS's?

HOWEVER, I'm going to keep an open mind. I don't see anything that's really unique.. all the buttons might be round the back :laugh:

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Huh... those look like real photos at least, though I'm not betting on those being real at all. But I really like the design, it's very sleek and smecksy. The controller would look great with the other colors they had for the Revolution too.

I have no idea how that would play NES, SNES and N64 games though...

RichBrown

Smash Master
JediMasterYoda98 said:
I have no idea how that would play NES, SNES and N64 games though...
i think it said somewhere that you can save the games onto a memory card or something, its in that article that demon posted.

interesting controller indeed.... are the buttons all black, like the genesis, and is that why we cant see them? im diggin the sweet blue buttons on the sides, its a sexy design indeed. if you look closely it appears to have shoulder buttons too... im praying my all black theory is correct and nintendo didnt take serious offense when people said the GC controller had too many buttons :crying:

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Maybe the controller is actually a huge touchscreen so different games can have completely different button configurations and stuff. That would be an incredibly stupid idea.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
It looks like the only buttons on that thing are on the sides...what a stupid idea, it better be fake.

Or, you know, else. :mad:

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
If it's a stupid idea it must be real, this is nintendo we're talking about.

That controller though is actually everything they said it would be--shocking, surprising, and simple. Remember they said no A or B buttons? That things barely got buttons period. It could very well be something like that, if it isn't real.

And didn't someone say that Gamecube controllers can be plugged into the system as well for backwards compatability?

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah....Qwester beat me to posting those pictures...

I donno, that looks like the most legit controller picture so far. It does fit Nintendo's description, and that could actually match the system very well.

If it's fake, whoever did it did a very good job.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Mediocre said:
Maybe the controller is actually a huge touchscreen so different games can have completely different button configurations and stuff. That would be an incredibly stupid idea.
Just like that ugly design. It's an effing brick with tiny prongs. That best not be the controller.

And yeah, there's a flap on the Revolution's side that you open to plug in Cube controllers, along with Cube memory cards.

MasterFoot, JMY was talking about how you would actually play them, not where the system stores the games you download.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Giygas said:
Haha, "incredibly stupid."

It's Nintendo, man.

Edit: can anyone translate that russian text?

Heh thought you were talkin bout me...

But yea....the Russian text has been translated

It has NO BUTTONS at all. The sender/controller and gamer both recieve interact with each other through movement... this implies that not only is the game controlled through the movement of the player but all the controll itself gives some form of feedback.
The controller has built in sensors that can tell the distance between the player, and console. It has a built in microphone, and can determine it's position. (So turning the controller around and moving it in an direction would be a form of controlling)

Source: http://mozlapunk.web-log.nl/log/2821205

Stopsign

Smash Ace
I think it might be confusing at first, but in the end it will be great fun when you learn how to do it (this is if it is real). I don't know exactly how you would play fighting games like Super Smash Bros. or something other than it though. :urg:

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
*shrug* I think it's bogus. From that article not too long ago, it sounded like they were still deciding the final layout of the controller. I doubt they would have finalized the design with a working replica by now, much less somehow leak the information to a Russian magazine in time for its monthly production deadline.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Craftstar said:
Hell of a lot sharper looking than the PS3 Controller :p
Everything's a hell of a lot sharper-looking than the PS3 controller.

Then again, the PS3 controller has functionality, in addition to it's input. If you throw it in frustration, it comes back to you, instead of smashing into something and breaking.

(Hint for those not in-the-know, the PS3 controller looks like a boomerang ;).)

Top Bottom