• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
yeah, deff get DBZ, you'll have enough time until brawl and the other ones come out. Mario and MP3 are gonna be cool no doubt but really people, ssb with online play can't be beaten. and i agree with Xsyven, in japan pokemon battle revolution was the first multiplayer online which already came out but is supposed to come out april 22nd i heard after the release of diamond and pearl and if thats the first online multiplayer in America as well then brawl won't be worth hanging onto your money for, especially when you have a wii and can't use it to its full potential.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, i've been a member for a couple days, it's pretty nifty, if slightly confusing at first. However, since everything's trafficking through the website(it's basically proxying you websites and displaying them on it's on webpage) things can get kinda slow.

I hope opera has tabbed brwosing in the final version.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Finally got my Wii yesterday and I played Wii Sports with my brother, sister, dad, cousin, aunts, and uncle. I think I may have convinced my aunts and uncles to buying a Wii. I really liked Tennis and Bowling. I also got Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, I have only played it once though, I really want to play it some more and I hope to beat it before school starts again.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
my friend from down the island came out today and told us that he rolled a 250 which is sick but then we started playing and he got 10 strikes in a row and ended up getting a 288, it was amazing. the news channel is gonna be awsome too when it comes out. dose anyone know what the nintendo account was about? i'm sure everyone made one when they saw it on their wii which i did too but then i must have entered something different in so i just said don't link and nothing different happened, i'm downloading the internet browser demo right now and i can enter in wii points and all that, dose anyone know?

oh and whats that site with the wii games, wiicade right?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
So it turns out the controller is harder to get then the system.

****ing great. I won't be able to play Madden, or any game, for a long *** time now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
dose anyone know what the nintendo account was about? i'm sure everyone made one when they saw it on their wii which i did too but then i must have entered something different in so i just said don't link and nothing different happened, i'm downloading the internet browser demo right now and i can enter in wii points and all that, dose anyone know?

oh and whats that site with the wii games, wiicade right?
By linking an account at the Nintendo website to the Shopt Channel, any VC game you purchase is automatically regeistered. It's possible that they may give extra benefits/incentives by linking your account to the Nintendo website in future, but it doesn't do anything at the moment.

You can redeem Wii Points by using the Shop Channel.

Sensai

Smash Master
News news news!!!

Japanese Virtual Console list for January:
http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii/nwii/japanese-virtual-console-games-announced-for-january/

Lucky fellas, right there.

And I got Elebits, Trauma Center, and Red Steel for my Wii for Xmas. Trauma Center has been untouched (I've had about 6 hours to play any of them as I'm typing this due to my grandpa being here and watching HD football). Red Steel is not NEARLY as bad as anyone says it is. Jeah, it's got problems, but it's not terrible. Nor is it great...

Elebits, though, looks to be a ton of fun. I've had maybe 30 minutes with it, and it's a blast. Even my mom has stopped and looked at it and been like 'wow, that looks like fun.'

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah...I hate it. It seems that Nintendo favors Japan STRONGLY. And I just can't figure out why, besides the fact that they're Japanese, yes I know.

But seriously. Why is Nintendo concentrating on Japan, a market in which they are sure to finish at LEAST second place, probably first? Why not focus more on the Western hemisphere where they actually might have trouble penetrating the market.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Jeah...I hate it. It seems that Nintendo favors Japan STRONGLY. And I just can't figure out why, besides the fact that they're Japanese, yes I know.

But seriously. Why is Nintendo concentrating on Japan, a market in which they are sure to finish at LEAST second place, probably first? Why not focus more on the Western hemisphere where they actually might have trouble penetrating the market.
I believe it was said somewhere that Nintendo is waiting for a "dry period" in which Wii new games aren't being released before they put out some of the more desirable VC games. Seems smart from a business perspective, but it sucks for the customers, or us. <_<

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
i was kinda disappointed when i saw the VC games they had, only 1 n64 game, no snes donkey kong games, contra missing, and only like 30 games so far kinda seems skimpy. If Nintendo is gonna push brawl, Battle revolution, galaxy, and metroid and only leave us with zelda we should get some more hit games on VC or give us some free points or free game on christmas at least, at least news is comming the 27th

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I believe it was said somewhere that Nintendo is waiting for a "dry period" in which Wii new games aren't being released before they put out some of the more desirable VC games. Seems smart from a business perspective, but it sucks for the customers, or us. <_<
That's funny, Reggie insisted there WOULDN'T BE A DRY PERIOD.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
I got a wii and Zelda for christmas =)

But I looked all day yesterday for an extra controller and I couldn't find one, so I just bought a couple virtual console games (Gunstar Heroes owns so hard)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wait, there's supposed to be news today?

Ah, well.

So are the odds of finding a Wii now that Christmas is over any better than they were a week ago, or am I still screwed because Nintendo is unable to produce enough of these things to meet the incredible demand?
Fix'd for more accuracy. Nintendo is trying as hard as it can to get more Wiis on store shelves, but demand is still quite high. They aren't purposely trying to create a shortage, but you're right in the sense that they could have forecasted the numbers better...

I read somewhere that finding Wiis might still be difficult until the end of Jan. or so.

primusfan

Smash Ace
How long do you guys normally keep your Wii‘s on standby mode? Mine was on standby mode earlier and it got really hot. I‘m worried about it overheating.

D

Deleted member

I don't know what standby mode is, but my Wii is constantly on yellow mode

primusfan

Smash Ace
^^^Standby mode....when the light on the power button is yellow/orange.

I'm a little aggravated now. The speaker in one of my Wii-motes is dying out. It sounds even crappier than it did before and that sounds fade in and out. I'm using my other Wii-mote right now, but i'm still pretty pissed. Has anyone else experienced this problem.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Try changing the batteries? Otherwise, it may just be a slight defect in the product. I haven't heard any reports of dying/dead speakers yet, so it's probably something else.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Economic experts say there will be shortages until March.
I believe it. Back in the day, console hype was built via word of mouth and TV commercials. Most customers didn't know about a particular product until weeks/months after it released. Now, we live in the Information Age where we can follow a console or game's development from day 1 practically ("Company X just began Project Flaghammer!") So, everyone jumps on it the instant it releases.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
has anyone experianced a shortages of DS<lites> around them? there wasn't one in my town and i called about 5 different stores, i'm guessing that it was a big christmas item but its not like it just came out a month before like the wii did, what gives?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Good grief. DS's are still hard to find?

Primusfan, thw Wii is supposed to stay on all the time. It was built to constantly recieve updates over the internet.

You were probably too excited about the Wii to realize the speaker sucks. It's always like that.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Good grief. DS's are still hard to find?

Primusfan, thw Wii is supposed to stay on all the time. It was built to constantly recieve updates over the internet.

You were probably too excited about the Wii to realize the speaker sucks. It's always like that.
The only reason I don't keep it on all the time is because it gets hot and I don't wanna have any problems with it overheating.....So tell me what y'all think :

^^This is my setup....

^^This is how much space there is between my entertainment center and the wall. Is that enough room for my Wii get enough air?

Oh, and about the speaker, Common, no. Trust me, I know how crappy the speaker normally is. Somethings wrong with this one. The Wii-mote with the screwed speaker has 3 out of 4 battery bars so I doubt thats the problem.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
That's prenty of room so stop worrying. Here's how you test: Breathe some hot air onto your palm like you would to fog up a glass window. Take note of the temperature and then feel the sides of your Wii. The Wii should be just a little hotter.

Results may very if you're some kind of vampire.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
As long as you don't block any of the air vents, then you shouldn't have to worry about overheating. The Wii does become much warmer than usual when in Standby mode because then fan isn't being used.

As for your remote speaker problem, the speaker does seem erratic at times. There really isn't much you can do about it except either buy another remote...unless you feel like taking your remote apart and see what the problem is.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
nintendo said that it takes up as much electricty as a small lightbubl being on which isn't the best anology<spell> for staying cool but at least it dosen't use much electricty

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I leave it on ALWAYS, sometimes I wake up with the beon light glowing, so I know i got a message, anyway so far no problems with my wii, tough sometimes when I clikc on a channel it take a bit to show...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Wii Remote Sync Issues

I have a question. Perhaps I should study the manual more closely, but let me see what your guys' situation is like.

How long does it take for your remotes to sync with the Wii? I notice that whether I'm using the Wii Menu sync option or the "MORE" option in Wii Sports, it's takes a good 30 seconds for players 3 and 4 to sync up. Player 1 usually takes no time (my primary remote and Wii are best friends by now). Player 2 takes a second or two. Players 3 and 4 oftentimes fail and have to have 1 & 2 pushed again to reattempt the sync. Even when it finally succeeds, the lights blink for a good amount of time before finally linking.

Do your other Wii remotes take long to sync? Is there a way to 'familiarize' the remotes with the Wii so it syncs faster in the future? Along these same lines, what is the exact purpose of the sync buttons both on the Wii console and on the back of the remotes?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah that happens with me too, when im in my own wii, it doesnt take even 10 secs to recognize my controller, but when I use it on my cousins wii, it takes several secs, i believe if u use a wiimote with a certain wii for a long period i will recognize it faster, while other wiimotes taht are use dmost of the time with other wiis, will take more time for the wii to recognize it...

Top Bottom