• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I just I am a little, there's not much to look forward to so I'm hoping NMH brings something good to the table, I also hope it doesn't flop like Killer 7 did.

Monkeyjr352

Smash Cadet
I was browsing the internet earlier, and I read something about a star wars game coming to the wii. Does anyone have any news on this? Also, do you think that they will have a game where the wii remote acts as the light saber?

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca

The console war is officially won. :dizzy:
I was browsing the internet earlier, and I read something about a star wars game coming to the wii. Does anyone have any news on this? Also, do you think that they will have a game where the wii remote acts as the light saber?

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away...

Actually, it was just a few posts ago.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
@ blazer787: Irony!

@ NintendoWarrior: I'm pretty sure that any decent sound setup will work with the Wii (although it'll only be in 2.1 Surround Sound :-/).

Also, and I know this is off topic, who's excited about No More Heros?
what;) my ps2 is hooked up to my nintendo port on my tv, wii to DVD, and 360(best) to AUX.

no. not really. all the games nintedno won't do will be better. ie; halo, COD4, GoW, FF12, FFX, FF7, FF13, heavenly sword.....
no not looking foward to any wii games.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
errr....you're not looking forward to brawl? when you're posting on a site devoted to smash?

You do realize everything you listed was either an FPS, or a final fantasy. or heavenly sword, which i personally hated. and GoW? SO hard to kill people, except with the chainsaw combo. FF12? no thanks. FF7? jesus christ, get over it. It's a ****ing PSX game. You should really try playing something of a different genre, and not even necessarily on the wii. Even try playing a non FF RPG. There are so many good ones out there it's not even funny.
If you want a fun multi player shooter, try MoH: heroes 2. It's got incredible controls, and 32 man online.

and out of curiosity why are you even in the topic if you're just saying the Wii has no good games? What did you expect to read in here?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
lol, your first sentence is the best. "Everything you listed is a FPS, ok not really but just go with this".

GOW= God of War, not Gears

Are we talking about wii games of 08? I'm looking forward to Smash and more news Disaster and Fracture. De blob I'm kind of iffy on but looks neat so far.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Chill: What is Fracture? I consider myself pretty up-to-date on Wii news but have never heard of this...

@ blazer: No More Heros is Suda51, the maker of Killer7 (a la, not a Nintendo game). Unless, of course, you meant a game would be bad simply because it's on the Wii which...is kinda just silly to say. Fanboyish, if you will. Saying a game will be bad simply because it's on one system and not another doesn't make sense; a masterpiece is a masterpiece is a masterpiece.

And surely, being the FF fan that you are, you have loved Chrono Trigger?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
lol, your first sentence is the best. "Everything you listed is a FPS, ok not really but just go with this".

GOW= God of War, not Gears

Are we talking about wii games of 08? I'm looking forward to Smash and more news Disaster and Fracture. De blob I'm kind of iffy on but looks neat so far.

Ah. I do concur that GoW is amazing.
But still, it seemed like it was just Shooter/FF + one game that's an action RPG. Which seemed fairly narrow.

Maybe it's just me. I have really broad tastes, and am willing ot try pretty much anything. FPS, TPS, RTS, JRPG, action RPG, sports, guitar hero, fighter, platformer,
and everyhing that fits into multiple categories, or none at all.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
errr....you're not looking forward to brawl? when you're posting on a site devoted to smash?

You do realize everything you listed was either an FPS, or a final fantasy. or heavenly sword, which i personally hated. and GoW? SO hard to kill people, except with the chainsaw combo. FF12? no thanks. FF7? jesus christ, get over it. It's a ****ing PSX game. You should really try playing something of a different genre, and not even necessarily on the wii. Even try playing a non FF RPG. There are so many good ones out there it's not even funny.
If you want a fun multi player shooter, try MoH: heroes 2. It's got incredible controls, and 32 man online.

and out of curiosity why are you even in the topic if you're just saying the Wii has no good games? What did you expect to read in here?
i am looking forward to brawl, but it isn't out yet.

@ Chill: What is Fracture? I consider myself pretty up-to-date on Wii news but have never heard of this...

@ blazer: No More Heros is Suda51, the maker of Killer7 (a la, not a Nintendo game). Unless, of course, you meant a game would be bad simply because it's on the Wii which...is kinda just silly to say. Fanboyish, if you will. Saying a game will be bad simply because it's on one system and not another doesn't make sense; a masterpiece is a masterpiece is a masterpiece.

And surely, being the FF fan that you are, you have loved Chrono Trigger?
never played crono, is it good or on the shop?

i'm saying that it NMH will be lessened in its out put. i'm also saying nintendo is scared to try new things, or even make a game with a plot nowadays because they think a good plot will make a game too complecated or mature or something like that.

Sensai

Smash Master
Chrono Trigger is a SNES RPG that you NEED to go play, right now. It's amazing. It is NOT on the shop....so good luck. I'd suggest an emu (can I say that?).

Also, I see where you're coming from with the Nintendo and lack of storyline, but you gotta remember Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and, to an admittedly much lesser extent, Metroid. They're good story driven games.

And I agree: Nintendo lies too heavily on well established franchises. Mario and Zelda are fun, everytime, but there's little new added to it; yes, it plays differently...but it's the same thing with new levels everytime.

And Volrec...that's mean. Heh heh.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i'm also saying nintendo is scared to try new things
Um, what? Look at the Wii. Are you telling me that isn't a new thing? The Balance Board? New things is what they do. Though reusing/changing old ideas is also something they're good at.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Um, what? Look at the Wii. Are you telling me that isn't a new thing? The Balance Board? New things is what they do. Though reusing/changing old ideas is also something they're good at.
Like the transition from Tetris to Dr. Mario, or something else?

Volrec

Smash Lord
[Quote of Sensai goes here]

It's true. Every single post of him has him bashing Nintendo, and bringing 360 into the conversation DESPITE no one even using the numbers three six and zero consecutively.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
i'm saying that it NMH will be lessened in its out put.
Meaning that it would look better if it were on the 360 or PS3? Perhaps, but would such a creative project even have been feesible on those systems given how expensive it is to make games for the HD consoles? Regardless, the game looks brilliant the way it is.

i'm also saying nintendo is scared to try new things,
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28886.html

or even make a game with a plot nowadays because they think a good plot will make a game too complecated or mature or something like that.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
And I agree: Nintendo lies too heavily on well established franchises. Mario and Zelda are fun, everytime, but there's little new added to it; yes, it plays differently...but it's the same thing with new levels everytime.
Actually, it'd be more correct to say that the Nintendo consoles depend on reliable franchises because every single gaming company reuses their franchises as well, they just dont have their own consoles. Bungie has Halo, Capcom has Megaman, Gamefreak has Pokemon, yadda yadda. When you actually think about it, it's kinda weird how Nintendo gets singled out for this, even though they diversify their franchises a heck of a lot more than some other companies.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Actually, it'd be more correct to say that the Nintendo consoles depend on reliable franchises because every single gaming company reuses their franchises as well, they just dont have their own consoles. Bungie has Halo, Capcom has Megaman, Gamefreak has Pokemon, yadda yadda. When you actually think about it, it's kinda weird how Nintendo gets singled out for this, even though they diversify their franchises a heck of a lot more than some other companies.
Nintendo can't win. In the Gamecube era, they brought us inovative and awesome new series like Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Bataleon Wars, Chibi Robo, etc. and people screamed "WHERE'S MA REALISTIC ZELDA/3-D MARIO/MELEE SEQUEL?!?!" Now that Nintendo has given us those things, they get knocked for relying on their biggest franchises.

Personally speaking, as long as Nintendo continues making such high quality software, I'm cool with whatever they want to do.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ commonyoshi: Good thinking. I'd never really thought of it that way, but you're right; they do get **** on a lot over that. Then again, a lot of those companies who rely on their franchises (read: SquareEnix and Final Fantasy) also earn my stink-eye. SquareEnix (FF and DQ), Gamefreak (Pokemon [these guys are technically Nintendo, right?]), Rockstar (GTA), and Sega are just a few companies off the top of my head guilty of the same thing.

@ Wiseguy: I think the problem is that Nintendo is known for their quality AAA titles and therefore, when we get the same game for the second (third, etc) time, even though it may be AAA, we just get a little ticked off. We want Nintendo to take us somewhere we've never been before.

Animal Crossing (which was 64 for Japan, BTW) and Pikmin were TRULY incredible games that, IMO, are two of the best on the GC. Chibi and BW I know next to nothing about. Anyways, it's nice that they innovate AND perfect (Pikmin and Mario, respectively), but I think that they need to do more perfecting on more modern IPs. Pikmin could be an amazing fleshed out Wii experience. F-Zero, while not modern, is in desperate need of a new game. Instead of giving me Mario and Zelda and Metroid and Fire Emblem, all games from way back in Nintendo's history, give me a new Pikmin. Or at LEAST tell me it's being thought of.

Although BW had a sequel...I guess we're just hard to please.

What I find funny is that Nintendo is now, according to forum boards, 'dumping the hardcore gamer' yet, somehow, in a juxtaposing way, 'relying too heavily on the past,' a la, Zelda, Mario, and MP3.

[Edit:]

RUMOR: Sam and Max might be coming to the Wii. I've never played any of them, but apparently they're a ton of fun. And funny, to boot.
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/13/rumor-sam-and-max-coming-to-the-wii-according-to-german-press-rel/

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
The teaser for the next Nintendo Power is driving me mad.

"Next month's cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one."

The hint implies that something the said gives away the game. The only keywords i can grab are "fantastic" which implies an FF, and probably not Crystalbearers, maybe a remake of FFVI? or "erase your memories", and the only thing i can think of for that is maybe KH3, but I highly doubt that.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Beat me to it. Kinda. SmashBoards decided to screw up when I posted that...lemme quote what I had said:
Sensai said:
I think the 'erase your memories' thing might be a hint...no idea, really. Perhaps FFVII for the DS? It's got the whole memory loss thing and SquareEnix, as we've been talking about, has been recycling games, especially that one, for **** near forever now. ESPECIALLY on the DS.
[Edit:]

It's important to note that this is NOT necessarily for the Wii. Could be the DS or the Wii. Or I guess something else Nintendo related.

Of course. It's a board game.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
The teaser for the next Nintendo Power is driving me mad.

"Next month's cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one."

The hint implies that something the said gives away the game. The only keywords i can grab are "fantastic" which implies an FF, and probably not Crystalbearers, maybe a remake of FFVI? or "erase your memories", and the only thing i can think of for that is maybe KH3, but I highly doubt that.
It's possible that it does mean something. But I think the "maybe we already did" is a joke implying that Nintendo Power did tell people what the game is, then erased their memories.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
As far as the NP thing goes, I thought they were talking of Baroque. ToS:KoR makes sense too, though.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Del beat me to it, it sounds like it might be ToS. I'm really looking forward to that, the first one got me into the series.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
What, as in hush hush that it's coming to america? Oh joy. That'll be the only new info in the entire magazine about then, cuz the rest will all be old stuff we already know from the japanese version.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
That's why I think it'll probably be about Baroque, which we don't really know anything about.

Sensai

Smash Master
I would sacrifice children if it were Super Mario RPG 2, fully equipped with Geno. It won't be (Paper Mario more or less is where that idea went), but it'd be so **** cool.

I thought we already knew about Tales 2...? I guess it goes with the whole 'memory' theme again, but...that'd be dissapointing.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah, but apparenetly it doesn't amount to much, like a dollar per point, or something ridiculous like that. Maybe it was for every 5 full priced games you end up with like 500 wii points, enough for one NES game. So we're really not missing out on much.

"A $255 VALUE FOR ONLY $250! COME AND GET IT!"

Sandy

Smash Champion
Patcher - "Wii's momentum will last until the Playstation 3 is under $300" - EGM

Patcher - "Wii's momentum will last until the Playstation 3 is under $300" - EGM

Sonycowboy on NeoGaf (who brought you the latest NPD numbers), quotes a few key statements in an interview that EGM had with Michael Pachter, in the current issue out in newstands.

"I think the Wii momentum will last until the Playstation 3 is under $300, so another year"

"2008 is definitely Sony's year. And I'd throw Grand Theft Auto IV into the mix, given that it's considered a PS2 owner's [franchise]. Also, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue should sell some consoles.."

"I think Microsoft's first party lineup is weakning, but I think that exclusives like Splinter Cell: Conviction will keep them going for another year. They also have the resources to sign third party exclusives."'

-From Decision 08 article in this month's EGM

Source

TGM

Smash Lord
Honestly, im woried about the wii this year. thier HEAVY hitters are all spent(zelda,pkmn,mario,metroid).

All 08 has to look forward to is mario kart,ssbb,wii fit and no more heroes......

Sensai

Smash Master
Wii has Mario Kart, Brawl, Wii Fit (if you're into that), No More Heroes, Wii Music (if you're into that), Tales of Symphonia 2, Opoona (if you're into that), and Animal Crossing confirmed and off the top of my head. Not confirmed, but likely to happen eventually, are Pikmin 3, Wii Sports 2, some type of F-Zero game. Also, let's not forget that we have the (sure to be a drag) WiiWare service coming up with at least one game (FF: Crystal Chronicles) worth getting.

PS3 (which I don't keep track of) has Soul Calibur 4, Home, MGS4 (big BIG deal), GTA4, Little Big Planet (will be amazing, dunno if it'll shift systems like MGS4 will), Haze, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, and Echochrome. Those are games I can name off the top of my head for a system that I don't keep track of. Also of note, though not really partaining to gaming, it looks as if BluRay is going to win the format war. The go-to BluRay player right now is the PS3, meaning, for a cheap BluRay player alone, it'll sell quite a bit. I think I agree with Patcher: this year will be the year where Sony makes or breaks it.

I won't do the 360, as no one really said anything about it. The only thing I will say is that I can more or less agree with Patcher about their first-party line-up weakening.

And, not like this needs saying, but I think the whole Wii'll be good 'til a sub-$300 PS3 is kinda like saying that the cows produce milk; it's a big 'duh' for anyone who's remotely paying attention and it just doesn't really need to be stated.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Don't forget about Star Wars Unleashed, Mushroom Men, De Blob, The FF games, the unknown Factor 5 game.

Plenty of love for the Wii.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Until games like Burnout, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil [the real REs, not arcade shooter versions], Army of 2, *insert long list of Xbox 360/PS3 games* come out on the Wii I will still think it lacks in the 3rd party department.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, but apparenetly it doesn't amount to much, like a dollar per point, or something ridiculous like that. Maybe it was for every 5 full priced games you end up with like 500 wii points, enough for one NES game. So we're really not missing out on much.

"A $255 VALUE FOR ONLY $250! COME AND GET IT!"
Thank-you. /feels much more satisfied

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Until games like Burnout, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil [the real REs, not arcade shooter versions], Army of 2, *insert long list of Xbox 360/PS3 games* come out on the Wii I will still think it lacks in the 3rd party department.
True enough. While the Wii has had good 3rd party support thus far (Guitar Hero 3, 2 great Resident Evil games, Geometry Wars Galaxies, Zack & Wiki, Metal of Honor Heroes 2) and shows great promise going forward (2 Final Fanatsy Titles, No More Heroes, Okami, Tales of Symphonia 2, Montser Hunter 3, ect.) the 360 and PS3 will always have far superior 3rd party support.

However, when it comes to first party games, no one comes remotely close to Nintendo. No developer releases as many great games in a single year as Nintendo, which is why they a ton a third parties on board to have a competitive library of games.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Wiseguy Which is also why a lot of 3rd parties don't really stand behind the Nintendo systems. To them, people buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and therefore they see it as a waste of money.

Top Bottom