• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Online will make or break the Wii for me. If it has customizable options and you can play a random person, then I will be content.

Even without some of the bonus things that MS has.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
So, when are good games coming out for the Wii? I got it when it first came out, but the only games I have for it are Zelda and Madden, with the last one having odd controls.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Super Paper Mario is April 9th I think
Mario Party 8 is like May 29th.

No more release dates for games I want, but some good ones coming are:

Fire Emblem
Battalion Wars II
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid Prime 3
Mario Galaxy
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Project Hammer
Animal Crossing

...and of course, Red Steel 2, which is unconfirmed, but trust me, it will happen. And it will be very, very sweet.

Sensai

Smash Master
Cashed, I'm pretty sure (scratch that), 100% sure that he was joking around.

The term 'frag' goes along with just about any online FPS ever created, but that text is a good find. I had forgotten about it.

Everyone forgets about Wii Music. Seriously...who DOESN'T want that game. (And I'm sure everyone's going to raise their hand but me, 'cause you guys just like alienating me....just kidding.)

BTW, neat little tidbit I thought I'd share with you guys. Check it out.

Text to Speech and other crud.
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/12/possible-wii-upgrades-and-a-new-wii-channel/

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Interesting find, but once again, I would prefer they work on something....cooler?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It disgusts me that the only great games out or on the near horizon are GAMECUBE GAMES. Zelda and Paper Mario.

Step up, Nintendo. Step up, crappy third party companies.

I dont quite see the point of the voice thing. Maybe if it was the other way around it'd be cool.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Why is playing random people such a big question mark? You've been able to do it since Nintendo's first online game: Mario Kart DS.
Actually, you're quite right, but I don't want to have restrictions on what I can do with random people.

For example: In MP:H, you can voice chat with people on your friends list (which makes me hope we can do this on Wii), but not with random people.

In AC:WW, you can't do anything with people that aren't on a friends list. (Granted, the game doesn't really require that much internet play).

But otherwise, you're completley right, and I hope Nintendo keeps it that way.

Zink

Smash Champion
Heatseeker? Space Station Tycoon? Mercury Meltdown? BWii? Mario Strikers Charged? That should carry into summer/fall, then we got Galaxy, MP3, and Brawl, at least 1 of which will feature online play.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Next page already? I liked my metaphor...
For example: In MP:H, you can voice chat with people on your friends list (which makes me hope we can do this on Wii), but not with random people.
Aww but don't we need a mic for that? Unless we can get some other attachment, we'll only be able to hear output. And I don't want to end up walking to my Wii, saying something, and walking back. Laziness wins...

Hopefully Nintendo can bring themselves to go extreme and bring us a wireless headset.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah they will probably make a wireless headset, I acutally make a sprite art thingy a while ago:

As u can c, the wirless headset will send whatever u say trough the mic, send the signal to the usb, who sens the signal back with what the guy ur playing said...

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
oh, nice. hey, is there a wall socket adapter thing for the wiimote? im sure it wouldnt be safe to have a cord going to the wall, but it would save your remote from ever dying during a game...

oh and i dont know if its been posted yet, but has anyone found an exact release date for paper mario?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Paper Mario should come out April 9th.

How lame. One of my most anticipated games of the year, and I'm going to miss the release date because I'm going to Mexico. Not that I dont want to go... It's just that the game could have come out earlier. Wohoo! Mexico!

Edit: Woah. I can actually visit Stryks and Saberhof. I wont, but I COULD. :)

Sensai

Smash Master
The mic thing in itself doesn't excite me (not a huge 'BLUE' fan), but the idea of it being used for voice communications has me at least somewhat hopeful.

Also...in more true, bigger, and hopefully better news...:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/13/nintendo-partners-with-gamespy-for-enhanced-online-play/

Talking about Wii and online play with GameSpy.

Here we go with the big quote...
Joystiq said:
The middleware allows the same online functionality found in DS games but will include friend rosters, matchmaking, and ranking data similar to Xbox Live.
THANK GOD. About time! Hopefully this means things'll go smoother, but one way or another, it's about freakin' time they start realizing we don't like it.

Oh well, here's to hoping!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Thank you!
I still don't see Nintendo dropping the friend codes completely, but here's to hoping!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Doesn't mean specific friend codes for each game though.

Probably does, but maybe not.

Sensai

Smash Master
You're right GAW (as always); no, it doesn't specifically say that there will be friend codes, but what would be the point of having a game specific friend roster if each game didn't sport an entirely new friend code?

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
As long as I can randomly vs players like I can in Metroid Hunters, I'll still be happy. I think you may all be over reacting a bit. At the least we are still getting SOME form of online multiplayer. Dont worry, be happy.

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah, I'm pretty sure that if Smash was the ONLY game that worked on this, and the FCs were 100 letters long, the online would still be a success...

And good news. According to Matt Casamasina, it looks like there're going to be some 3rd party online games coming down 'within the next 6 months.'

This comment was brought up by an inquiry about MySims being online...ah, hell, here's the text:
IGN said:
MySims Online?

Heyaa. I was in EB the other day picking up SSX for Wii & 2k7 for 360 and I noticed they had the MySims display box up. The interesting part to this little story is on the front there was the Wi-Fi network symbol and on the back described how you can go online with your sims and interact etc. Can you guy confirm this? Thanks!

I recently interviewed EA about the game - I'll post the transcript soon - and the developer wouldn't come right out and say it, but made very clear to me that it is exploring an online component for MySims. The signage you saw only strengthens my belief that the game will have it. Oh, and on a side note, I've chatted with some third parties now who already have online components in their forthcoming Wii projects. It's coming, guys - Pokemon Battle Revolution kicks it off in the near future, but in the next six months you're going to start seeing a wave of third party games that take Wii online, too. Developers have had the online SDK for months now and the next wave of titles will incorporate it.

-- Matt

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Talking about online, my USB Connector's been giving me a lot of grief lately, and for no apparent reason. It just won't connect for some reason, and if it just happens to, it won't even stay connected long enough to get the get the Internet Channel on. My brother did a connection test, after which it started working again, but now it's not working again, and this time the connection test wouldn't work. Anyone have this problem, and if so, did you get it fixed?

EDIT: Can you believe a supposed college student made the post below? Astounding.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
sup wii thread imon my wii right now actually and im getting the hang of typing and such quickly. ne way just saying sup!

Sensai

Smash Master
Hey ChumpMoney. Glad you're enjoying your Wii.

blaksheap82, posting on your Wii is enough to make ANYONE shorten EVERYTHING pretty much...

And also, as to your internet problem, I have a weird question: do you have a GC controller plugged in? If so, then try taking it out and doing it. I did it earlier today, and it worked fine.

Also, when you take it out, return to the menu and then go wherever it is you're going, instead of just sitting in said channel.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Well, you can add Opoona to the list of Wii games that intrigue me (along with No More Heroes, Alien Syndrome, and Mushroom Men).

It seems like a solid turn-based RPG with motion sensing used to do attacks. Although the art style is a little strange, the world does seem to be well-designed and expansive.

EDIT: Apparently, it just uses the nunchuk. Interesting. I'm further intrigued.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

I knew I forgot to mention SOME game....my bad, fellas.

Where did Mushroom Men come from? It just kinda sprung outta nowhere....

And where are all my people who are giving some love to Dewey's Adventure or what-have-you? That thing looks cool, haha.

Anyways, news/rumor time:

In a video interview, Eiji Aonuma stated that the way Twilight Princess looked was a conscious decision by him and his team. They wanted the GC and the Wii version to look about equal, so they did bother to use the Wii's extra graphical capabilities. I'm not sure if this is just normal 'we could've done better' or if this is 'there's more to come' ****, but if it's actually true...well, you get it.

And on to the rumor which brought me to the boards to post about...

Anyone remember NiGHTS? That Sega Saturn game that apparently everyone but me has played and loved to death? Well...it looks as if there might be a sequel coming up for everyone's favorite Nintendo console. I won't explain it all, but I will give you a link to a page that contains most (if not all) of the speculation about said rumor on Joystiq's site.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/17/rumorang-nights-returning-on-the-wii-part-2/

Keep in mind: it's being shown in a magazine from the month of April, meaning a April Fool's joke is imminent. To counteract that, however, is the fact that there are two major magazines claiming this same thing. Now, I'm not a guy who knows probability, but what are the odds that two major Nintendo gaming magazines would go for the same April Fool's joke?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Apparently, there writers in Nintendo Power magazine that have been mentioning NiGHTS here and there. I also remember seeing its gameplay on G4's GameMakers once. Never played it, but as soon as I saw NiGHTS flying in the air and through the loop, something in me pulsed and said "That would be perfect for Wii!".

The only reason I even recongnized him is from his pinball game in Sonic Adventure...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Mushroom men was shown like a month ago.

You probably just found out about it because it doesn't have a specific platform yet.

Top Bottom