• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
What ever happened to Disaster: Day of Crisis, and Project Hammer? I thought those were both planned to be launch games, but I haven't heard of them since.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Slow trains coming. They'll be here, and neither one looks all that bad, actually.

As for any release window at all, I haven't even heard a confirmed 2007 for them yet.

[Edit:]

This whole rumor about NiGHTS is exploding all over the place...enough so that someone from the Official Nintendo Magazine has said something about it not being an April Fool's Joke. So, there's at least some good news.

Here's a link to a Joystiq article concerning things.
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/19/onm-says-world-exclusive-not-april-fools-prank/

And here's the actual quote from the post:

Chandra@ONM said:
Hi.

I'm very aware how much coverage our Next Month page is getting across the globe right now. I have to admit -- I thought it was a cool little teaser when we did it -- but I didn't anticipate it blowing up quite so much! I've seen everything from Family Guy to Woody Woodpecker fitting perfectly in that star cluster!

Anyhoo, I'm here to iron a few things out. This is not an April Fool. I remember once I did an April Fool on CUBE with Gannondorf Photoshopped into Soul Calibur II and people got really upset when they found out it wasn't true so we don't do those kind of things anymore. I think they're just a bit of a laugh but obviously other more sensitive people don't. . .

Also, we do have respect for our readers and we don't set out to purposely mislead people. The whole point of the Next Month image is to be a teaser and to get people guessing. It's just A BIT OF FUN. There are no lies in there. Innevitably the situation might change between the time of the mag going to print and the release of the next issue (it is a good six weeks after all). The game may end up being announced online before we hit the shelves. Ocassionally these things happen and it's completely out of our control. However, the point is that we are not misleading you -- there is a new game due to be announced.

In summary then, please take a deep breath and count to ten when you're thinking about this. There are quite a few images that perfectly fit into that star cluster. We've never mentioned any names -- it could be anything.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, I saw those too. They're pretty sweet, but I would never be able to rip open my Wii and mod it. I have very shaky fingers.

Sensai

Smash Master
Wiping his *** with it.

Those case mods are pretty cool. Too bad I'm a technical do-it-yourself idiot.

Godfather = no go for me. Not that big of a fan.

And another DBZ supporter? What's going on!?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I love budokai Tenkaichi 2. It's so fun to play. and its long. and it looks/sounds good. and its DBZ.
albeit its got a bit of a steep learning curve, and the lack of gamecube control support in the manual/training mode(by this i mean there's nothing that says which button does what) is annoying for those who don't like the new controls, but other than that its got no flaws i can find.

The only reason i don't play it more is its more fun in multiplayer once you'vebeaten single, and ususally i have multiple friends over so we do things that are 4player.

also, if you have dirty/sweaty hands and you grab the wii, when they completely dry the oil and sweat and stuff turns dark. i have to clean my controller pretty frequently.

edit: http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10287

GUITAR HERO WII IS OFFICIAL

I can't wait. Pray for the official guitar or a guitar plus wiimote. PLEASE DON'T MAKE A GUITAR OUT OF THE WIIMOTE AND NUNCHUCK ONLY.

I think a guitar controller with motion sensing for doing things like rocking to the the beat or jumping for the crowd would be awesome.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I dunno, I would love to believe it, and I really have no reason not to, but something about the actual info from NGamer worries me.

Here it is:

"Cult rhythm game Guitar Hero is on its way to Wii. It comes with a guitar-shaped controller and plays convincingly enough to make you think you're making real music. Hopefully we'll get the actual guitar, and not a pretend remote/nunchuk version."

I know NGamer is typically reliable, but how do we know they aren't just refering to the news we got last year?

If something about what I am saying is stupid, let me know. I just woke up.

Volrec

Smash Lord
sure..let me boot my Wii up..

Janemba LV 160
sICN ZwIX DECW uk@m
UhvJ oncG pj&$ !Bqf

I leave spaces so you know how to put it in. Just put the code in, it will self-space.

Goku SSJ4 LV160:
lOxB CJTI Sm(X qsH#
CHfK (sLA $!wY TQHh

If you dont know what the letters are, copy it into Microsoft Word.
Vegeta SSJ4 LV 160
%YEa zAF* Soxu Em*P
SyLN jjZl $eiU YWiO

I only have Janemba because of the awesomeness of the Lightning Shower Rain

Sensai

Smash Master
NGamer said:
It comes with a guitar-shaped controller and plays convincingly enough to make you think you're making real music.
That shows confirmation that there will be a guitar, right? Although, in the next sentence they contradict that...

And I'm 100% sure I posted a link to a Joystiq article that confirmed Guitar Hero for the Wii awhile ago, with a release date slated for, at latest, March 'o8.

Sandy

Smash Champion

Guitar Hero on Wii?

Activision CEO drops a not-so-subtle hint.
by IGN

February 8, 2007

- Yesterday, Activision held a conference call wherein it reported its preliminary financial results for Q3 2007, as well as its expectations for fiscal 2008. Two weeks prior to this, the company had reported that it expected to take in $170 million in revenue during the fourth quarter of this fiscal year. Yesterday, Activision increased this prediction to $200 million.

Amidst a whole lot of self-congratulations, Activision CEO Thomas Tippl hinted that a heretofore unannounced Guitar Hero title would be heading to the Wii. While, Tippl didn't directly announce any particular games, he did say that Activision planned on doubling its "offerings on the DS and the Wii, including Spider-Man, Shrek, Transformers, and Guitar Hero."

Tippl tried his utmost to skirt around providing any specific details for any of these games, but he did reiterate the fact that Activision's development efforts are being divided equally among all of the next-gen consoles. He claimed that Activision has 60 titles planned for fiscal 2008. If those games are divided evenly across all platforms, then there should be a whole lot of Wii and DS love in the next year.

We contacted Activision to find out any more information about this meaty story, but didn't receive an official comment in time for publish.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Very niiice. :D
Lol, funny comment on Gamestop:
tge4

Always good to see the Wii getting the good franchises. I'm still waiting for a "Wii love Katamari" game

BTW, Frankie, is that guitar thing official?

EA wants to shake your tail feather this afternoon. Failing that, it's announced a new rhythm-based party game for Wii.

Boogie will let you create and customise a character, then use the wacky console controls to sing and dance in your very own music video. Something EA hopes will be the ultimate party partner, as you gyrate your pants off to impress your chums.
Advertisement

"We're creating something new and different for gamers of all ages to enjoy; the complete party package where gamers can dance as well as sing," said Alain Tascan, general manager at developer EA Montreal. "Nintendo's Wii is an amazing console that really gives us a platform to be creative and to re-think traditional game development."

Unfortunately we were unable to get hold of EA to find out exactly how it will all work. We expect it means you'll warble into the Wiimote microphone and squirm in front of the sensor bar. It all sounds a little like hard work.

Boogie is due out exclusively this year for Wii. Pop over to our gallery to peruse the latest party snaps.

Microphone attachment.
NOPE, NOT SINGING.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Nah u can tell they just grabbed one of h other guitars and just placed a wii controller on it, doubt highly thats the real deal...

Sensai

Smash Master
No, it's not real.

And it does seem that there are a lot of Wii games coming out that will be using a microphone of some sort, meaning voice chat isn't looking that far away...possibly...

And thanks Frankie. I knew I had seen it somewhere.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Actually, there's already a Katamari confirmed for the Wii, called Beautiful Katimari so far. It's somewhere on codenamerevolution.com, too lazy to find it.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion

Guitar Hero on Wii?

Activision CEO drops a not-so-subtle hint.
by IGN

February 8, 2007

- Yesterday, Activision held a conference call wherein it reported its preliminary financial results for Q3 2007, as well as its expectations for fiscal 2008. Two weeks prior to this, the company had reported that it expected to take in $170 million in revenue during the fourth quarter of this fiscal year. Yesterday, Activision increased this prediction to $200 million.

Amidst a whole lot of self-congratulations, Activision CEO Thomas Tippl hinted that a heretofore unannounced Guitar Hero title would be heading to the Wii. While, Tippl didn't directly announce any particular games, he did say that Activision planned on doubling its "offerings on the DS and the Wii, including Spider-Man, Shrek, Transformers, and Guitar Hero."

Tippl tried his utmost to skirt around providing any specific details for any of these games, but he did reiterate the fact that Activision's development efforts are being divided equally among all of the next-gen consoles. He claimed that Activision has 60 titles planned for fiscal 2008. If those games are divided evenly across all platforms, then there should be a whole lot of Wii and DS love in the next year.

We contacted Activision to find out any more information about this meaty story, but didn't receive an official comment in time for publish.
Yes, this is old news.

What Chred posted was supposedly confirming this, because this article could mean gh on only DS, it really wasn't clear.

Even Chred's supposedly confirming link isn't too believable.

Sensai

Smash Master
ChRed, it's not confirmed, so far as I know. I'm pretty sure that it's just rumored at this point.

And the VC report!

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire - Super Nintendo - 800 points.

It's a strategy game developed by Koei. Not much more is known by me, however...

Top Bottom