• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
eh... even if it is, I'll get bored of it soon enough. I got though AC and AC:WW were great, but I soon got sick of it, and I probably have a billion weeds in both right now.

EDIT: Refering to Sensai's post.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Sensai said:
...Pretty much the only thing said was that Miyamoto's working on a channel that is some type of popularity contest for the Wii...
It's a new Mii channel that you can submit your Miis and people will rate them.

Pretty much Hot or Not for Miis.

Kotaku

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Right. Not really lookin' all that forward to it, but I'm sure my 13 year old sister's going to love it.

Is that who Nintendo's aiming at now? Teenage girls? 'Cause...most teenage chicks are NOT going to drop 250 for a Wii when their jeans cost 100+ a pair (gotta be popular!).

And I love that picture everytime I see it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah true, but since I havent seen anything on IGN wii, I think it aint really a big deal... *still waiting for a ssbb trailer...*

Sensai

Smash Master
The Sony pic was made the day that Sony announced that their controller would ALSO feature motion sensing. So Chill's right, the lawsuit is no older.

The lawsuit seems kinda....dumb, to me. I mean, they've had that since the 64 (Z button). Unless there's something I'm terribly misunderstanding, I think it's just gonna blow over.

Sensai

Smash Master
BTW....if any of you guys are interested, the keynote has been uploaded onto IGN's website.

http://media.wii.ign.com/articles/771/771717/vid_1929791.html
^^loads the movie directly^^

Part 1, when he loads up the photo channel thing, I swear to GOD there's a picture of Pikmin, one that I've never seen before. Also, a picture of GoldenEye from the days of the 64. Hopefully it's foreshadowing!

Talking about GoldenEye...god, those screenshots bring back memories.

Ok...after watching this for a bit, I've decided that it was NOT a bad keynote. It's just not the mega-hits and announcements that some wanted. I seriously suggest that if you're interested in this and his philosophy, you watch the keynote.

When he talks about his wife, it's actually pretty funny. I chuckled out loud at the picture.

Rash

Smash Ace
I heard rumors of a September release date for SMG. Can't confirm anything though, so it's probably just wishful thinking on the part of the fans. Still, I think September is a perfect release time, especially if it bridged the possible releases of MP3 in June/July and Smash in November.

The wait for the game is becoming more and more unbearable. However, we have Super Paper Mario (which is sounding spectacular) coming out in a month. That should hold Wii-owners off quite nicely. :D

Sensai

Smash Master
Rash, my friend showed me that earlier today. It was on IGN for like...an hour. It's been pulled.

Why has it been pulled? That seems like a very odd 'out of the blue' thing to do....

It was September 15th, for those wondering.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
A frightening thought occurred to me while watching that keynote video: What happens when Miyamoto does retire? Is he really the engine behind the innovation, or will Nintendo power through the next generations of gaming platforms and keep its identity?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sony runs out of ideas to "borrow"?

I'd rather not worry about it, most likely someone else will come up with some great ideas and carrry the torch, so to speak.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^^

Hopefully. And I thought about this earlier, also. I didn't enjoy where my mind went, so I stopped thinking about it.

He's 55 right now, just a BTW.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok just downaloaded the new no more heroes trailer

Good news is thats it looks cool, and the voices are WAY better tahn the ones in the 1st trailer...
The only thing I really didnt like is how the henchemen look when theyre killed, looks kinda cartoony and the blood is way to excesive and kinda weird lookin, cant explain it, stil lthe game looks sweet...
Was hoping for a new ssbb/mp3 trailer but meh...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Quick Rant:

Why does Nintendo have to have such a lame interface? At first, I was happy with the channels system, but when will I be able to pause twilight princess, open up the internet browser, discover how to find my heart piece and contiune playing?

I'm sick of all the loading times and only being able to have one thing open at a time. I think the games should be more CONNECTED to the interface, like Microsoft has done so well.
I want acheivements, backgrounds for the channels interface, and when the internet games come out, online leaderboards. I want to be able to see who in my address book is online, I want to get messages instantly, and I want FOLDERS FOR MY VC GAMES. I want to have OPTIONS. Wiiconnect24? Feels more like dial-up to access what I want, and than it turns off.

I want to be able to play music at any time OVER my games music. I mean, wtf? The more that I think about it, the more frustrated I get, and the more I realize how sucky the Wii is right now.
I'm sick of all my games, besides OoT, because theres a huge effin drought of games right now for a recently released console. Maybe I just want a 360, but c'mon Ninty, learn how to compete.

I would hate to have to break it too them, but nobody cares about the popularity of their Miis. Why don't they work on an update for one of the above-mentioned things instead of wasting their time.

Could I at least get some news on whats going on with MP3 and Brawl?

I realize they are fresh out of the oven with Wii, but it HAS been almost 4 months. It's about time you start giving the consumers what they want, even if you have to charge money for internet access.

Hopefully Nintendo addresses these issues before its 2011 and they're about to release a new console.

/end rant.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Mr.GAW said:
Maybe I just want a 360, but c'mon Ninty, learn how to compete.

You DO realize that you just explained the X360 to a T, and just complained that Nintendo didn't copy it 100%, right?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yes, but don't you think those are all good things? Those are features people have come to expect, and just because MS got it right doesn't mean Nintendo shouldn't do it as well. And I'm not saying I don't like the channels idea, I just wish they were all more accesible from different states of gaming.

You AREN'T upset Wii doesn't have this stuff?

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm upset about what the Wii is not, sure, but I don't want Nintendo to copy the 360.

It'll take Nintendo a bit to catch up to MS concerning online, but when they do, I want it to be in a completely Nintendo kind of way.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Nintendo has planted the seed of the future, as MS did a year ago. See, they've planted some strong seeds that will grow into yet another tree in the forest of electronic entertainment. MS has been paying a lot of attention to it, watering it daily and making sure it's in the sun. Nintendo would seem to rather take it's sweet time, you know? Water it here and there... it may get some shade but it's still there, alive. Perhaps they don't want to look like something that's the best, but rather just SOMETHING period. It takes a while for trees to grow, of course, and once its leaves start spreading, you'll see just how many people become attracted to it. Ain't no one gonna chop this one down, either...

Yeah...I've been enlighted. Oh, and the PS3 is like a flower. It looks pretty, but it dies faster. Oh well.

Sensai

Smash Master
FireBomb, you're a poet, y'know that? It sounded like some cheesy monologue from a fairly decent and fairly old movie.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
I know this quote was used a while back, but I think i finally found out which game it was for. I use to think it was going to be Halo 3 like many others, but I realized that this was stupid because Halo 3 is as much a part of Microsoft as Mario is to Nintendo. The clues that I think hint towards which game it is will be bolded. I recently played Unreal Tournament on the PS2 for the first time at my cousin's house recently and the idea that this is the game that the quote was talking about just came to me. Everytime you get a kill in the game it's called a frag and seeing as how Halo 3 isn't really an option for the game, I think that Unreal Tournament is the most logical deduction from the information given to us.

As of right now there's no announcement of any online FPS for Wii though. The cat is pretty much out of the bag as far as why no games were online at launch, and if you're late to the party we can catch you up by simply saying "Nintendo wasn't ready" and leave it at that, but we also know that online is on the way, and from the sounds of it the Wii will be getting some support. Obviously our mouths are sealed right now, but let's just say we're hearing rumblings of Wii-specific versions of at least one of themain FPS franchises out there. Oh, and when we say "Wii-specific" we don't mean tacked on controls that claim to make it a new experience. We're talking an immersive, competitive experience built from the ground up for Wii. Here's hoping everything works out as planned, as I look forward to be fragging each and every one of you ASAP.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Nintendo has planted the seed of the future, as MS did a year ago. See, they've planted some strong seeds that will grow into yet another tree in the forest of electronic entertainment. MS has been paying a lot of attention to it, watering it daily and making sure it's in the sun. Nintendo would seem to rather take it's sweet time, you know? Water it here and there... it may get some shade but it's still there, alive. Perhaps they don't want to look like something that's the best, but rather just SOMETHING period. It takes a while for trees to grow, of course, and once its leaves start spreading, you'll see just how many people become attracted to it. Ain't no one gonna chop this one down, either...

Yeah...I've been enlighted. Oh, and the PS3 is like a flower. It looks pretty, but it dies faster. Oh well.
Nintendo sounds like a jerk.

I also like how well thought out the PS3 statement was. Seriously, what's the logic behind that statement?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I know this quote was used a while back, but I think i finally found out which game it was for. I use to think it was going to be Halo 3 like many others, but I realized that this was stupid because Halo 3 is as much a part of Microsoft as Mario is to Nintendo. The clues that I think hint towards which game it is will be bolded. I recently played Unreal Tournament on the PS2 for the first time at my cousin's house recently and the idea that this is the game that the quote was talking about just came to me. Everytime you get a kill in the game it's called a frag and seeing as how Halo 3 isn't really an option for the game, I think that Unreal Tournament is the most logical deduction from the information given to us.
Frag has been used with ALL FPSes ever. It originated with Quake when they called LAN parties FragFests.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
That post is really annoying. Nintendo's going to go down the drain and Metroid Prime won't do anything about it either, so don't evenbring that up. Mario Galaxy will never live up to the Mario game from N64.

That post is really annoying. Nintendo's going to go down the drain and Metroid Prime won't do anything about it either, so don't evenbring that up. Mario Galaxy will never live up to the Mario game from N64.
Predictions=assumptions=Making an AS'S out of U and ME

And Galaxy,in my opinion is brilliant.I personally loved it when I played it at the Nintendo show floor at E3 06.

Top Bottom