• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
hah that would be amazing, having old games multiplayer online...dont know about keeping scoreboards for every game though...im sure theyd make it using the friend codes like the other wii stuff, so the scoreboards wouldnt really matter much. but still it would be awesome!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Destiny smasher, if you're just updating now, you're basically encompassing all...what, 6 updates into one big one, so i assume it'll take alot longer. Dunno why it would get stuck though. My first update took a couple hours, but the ones after that don't take more than a few minutes.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I really hate that the cord for the nunchuck freaking always hits you when you try to do attacks in Dragon ball Z budokai tenkaichi 2, for ex/ to do the kamehameha wave, you actually do it (pull back, pull forward), and the cord has to hit you a little bit.

They shoould of made a bluetooth kind of thing, instead of the cord. The Wiimote is wireless, aint it?

They should do it in the future, it's an awesome and possible idea.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Hm...I heard that some indie hacker team is trying to create a program that allows people to run GC and VC games online with the Wii. I lost the website though... and it might've been a hoax or something.

Sensai

Smash Master
Volrec, I'm almost sure that we can expect a wireless nunchuck. Not sure when, but I would be fairly surprised if it doesn't come down sooner or later.

Not dissapointed, mind you, but surprised. I'm fine with my wired ones, so long as they don't smack me in the face (although it has happened two or three times - I also almost choked myself once, but anyways).

Greenblob, the entire hacking community is attempting to figure out a way to get homebrew and other things running on the Wii. I have a fairly up-to-date blog on my bookmark list, so if anything happens, I'll post about it here.

The most recent thing concerns those 'mod chips,' and if they're actually any good.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else play sonic and the secret rings yet? I played it for the first 20 minutes and put it down in dissapointment and haven't played it since then, I'll probly go back to it eventually, but right now I'm busy playin some new games on my ds

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Wireless Nunchuck = More Batteries
I 'm already wasting too much batteries! what they need to do is make the nunchuck rumble or does it already rumble cant remember.

Sensai

Smash Master
AS, I'd love to know if Sonic is any good. So, y'know, drop me a PM or post a mini-review here or something.

And GAW, I'm with you: OoT is still excellent.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I doubt im getting any VC games, but if Smash Bros 64 is in there, im in there like swimwear[/ownage pun

Excite Truck is fun, but its not for me. Good thing I rented it. Real life racing games are not for me. I'll stay with my Mario Kart.

I cannot wait for Galaxy. Freaking a'.

I dont think i'll be getting any racing games on the Wii, my turning is horrible.

Budokai Tenkiachi 2 is good also, but its a bloody shame that most of the characters were given blast volley and full power energy waves. Common Kid Trunks, wheres the Double Buster!?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
go to sears for Wii hardware.

seriously

I went to EB Games and Gamestop, both were sold out of Wiimotes and nunchucks. But what did sears have? about 5 of each tye of controller.

I assume no one buys things at my sears or they would have been sold out.

also, i today got the everybody votes channel. I've only tried it once. and that doesn't really count. I clicked it, said start, the screen went the loading black, and stayed that way. i had to pull the plug after a while.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^^

Bummer. Two new polls came up today, and I'm going to see what they are...

...as soon as my family gets off the Wii.

[Edit:]

zomg, I found a new Wii game that I want. Or I think I want. Haven't decided yet.

Slated for a summer 'o7 release, I present to you an interview concerning the Wii's Space Station Tycoon!
http://wii.ign.com/articles/768/768580p1.html

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The wires that connect my Wii to the TV is missing. (I dont care to explain the long story) What should I do? Are they for sale at Target or GameStop, or do I have to buy them off the internet?

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
When is Nintendo gonna realease a channel that isn't a complete waste of time?

*Everbody votes channel* WTF?

Realease a demo channel or movie/trailer channel where you can buy/download them. Or a channel where you can purchase or download stuff to customize your wii's background and change the theme music.

If Nintendo doesn't start, the wii is gonna die out like the gamecube.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
When is Nintendo gonna realease a channel that isn't a complete waste of time?

*Everbody votes channel* WTF?
Expect this to be rather handy. Would you be complaining if there was a poll about characters for Smash? What games you'd want for the VC? It's Nin's own private polling booth.

Realease a demo channel or movie/trailer channel where you can buy/download them.
I don't see the point in making people pay to download trailers. Just get them from your computer, then stick them on an SD card if you really have to watch them on the Wii.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
If Nintendo doesn't start, the wii is gonna die out like the gamecube.
For some reason, I don't think that it's possible for Wii to die out like Gamecube. The thing is still ridiculous to find. Third party support is amazing; first party games are awesome as usual. Not to mention it actually has online. The Wii doesn't need a demo channel to survive.

Although I do want one.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
I don't see any "what do you want in (whatever)" or "what games you want in VC?" questions and i doubt there will be any.

As for the watching trailers for free i wrote buy/download and i also stated demos. Heres what i wrote:

Realease a DEMO channel or movie/trailer channel where you can buy/download them.

Demo= buy or download

Trailer= download

--------------------------

And the Wii will die but after the Ps3 does so 360 is gonna be (and is) the best. Maybe the ps3 will prevail over the Wii because of the lack of Hidh-Definition support. 3rd party? 3rd party? You think wii has amazing 3rd party support have you even checked what MS and Sony are getting and The big N isn't? If you do maybe you'll edit your post.

"OMG online for WII!!!" Where have you been for the last 6 years? Online was for ps2 and xbox already. Besides 360's online is the best.

2007 may be the golden year for the wii but in 2008 there will be nothing special.

Then in 2008/2009 wii will have to go up against many great titles:

Metal gear solid 4 (08)
Halo wars (08)
Gears of war 2 (08)
Assassin's creed (08)
Gears of war 3 (09)
Halo 4? (09?)

Conclusion, wii is dead.

Sorry but im no longer on nintendo's side until they feel like doing what they need to do to succeed. Xbox 360 FTW!

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Sorry but im no longer on nintendo's side until they feel like doing what they need to do to succeed. Xbox 360 FTW!
doing what they need to do to succeed? umm, i dont know where youve been, they just released the best system around, outsold the s- much-highly-anticipated-going-to-change-the-way-you-look-at-games-and-maybe-change-your-life system, the ps3. sony has failed. and microsoft has two things i consider good enough to keep them going, halo and gears of war. however unless they get some new ideas (halo 4? can you say rocky movies?) sometimes soon, theyre going to lose alot (if there is a halo 4 and it is released in 2009, there is very little chance ill get it, because its going to get repetitive...). sure gears of war is great, and a sequel will definitely be good, but they wont be able to just rely on those two franchises to make the 360 the best out there. now not that the wii has the greatest games out there (yet), but i think it has the best potential for making amazing games, and nintendo also has some of the best franchises to work with...if you think about it, just using characters from melee, you could have a good 20 games, all just first party. then you add third parties into that, and theres no way the wii will be lacking in good games in the next couple years. (please note that all of this is my opinion, im not claiming any of these to be absloute facts, its just what i can recall at the current moment...)

primusfan

Smash Ace
doing what they need to do to succeed? umm, i dont know where youve been, they just released the best system around, outsold the s- much-highly-anticipated-going-to-change-the-way-you-look-at-games-and-maybe-change-your-life system, the ps3. sony has failed. and microsoft has two things i consider good enough to keep them going, halo and gears of war. however unless they get some new ideas (halo 4? can you say rocky movies?) sometimes soon, theyre going to lose alot (if there is a halo 4 and it is released in 2009, there is very little chance ill get it, because its going to get repetitive...). sure gears of war is great, and a sequel will definitely be good, but they wont be able to just rely on those two franchises to make the 360 the best out there. now not that the wii has the greatest games out there (yet), but i think it has the best potential for making amazing games, and nintendo also has some of the best franchises to work with...if you think about it, just using characters from melee, you could have a good 20 games, all just first party. then you add third parties into that, and theres no way the wii will be lacking in good games in the next couple years. (please note that all of this is my opinion, im not claiming any of these to be absloute facts, its just what i can recall at the current moment...)
:bigthumbu :bigthumbu :bigthumbu
Bravo. I agree with you 100%. Most of this is pretty accurate. Sure beats the hell out of the Xbox fanboy's opinion.

Sensai

Smash Master
Smashbros_777, you make me happy. You state that there are a whole bunch of games coming down the pipeline in 'o8 and 'o9, and then claim the Wii is dead now. That doesn't make a whole bunch of sense, does it?

And you forgot a whole bunch of 360 games that look good. Alan Wake, Bioshock, etc. Those are this year, actually. No, I'm not a 360 fanbot, but I do give credit where it's due.

Sure, Nintendo's screwing up a little in the online department. But the online on the PS2 wasn't really all that strong, and it still dominated the generation even against the Xbox. Yes, you're right, the 360 online service is really really good, and will continue to be, but that doesn't mean the Wii's ONLY chance of having good online is doing it exactly like they did.

And MGS4 doesn't look like it's coming to the 360...yet.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Conclusion, wii is dead.
Wow, your really optimistic. The first sign of the wii not looking the best it could and you automatically say that its dead. Just wait cause it will bite you in the *** and you'll be praising it. Seriously, do you know how long the 360 has been out and has only been able to get one GREAT game out. Yeah sure theyve had some good games, but the only great game so far is gears of war. The wii hasnt been out half as long and already has a great game to match with it, legend of zelda twilight princess and it has some great games of its own coming out later. How can you even predict that the wii is going to fail when most of its good games haven't even come out yet? We don't even know all the games coming out in '08 or '09 for the wii, heck we don't even know all the games coming out for the wii in '07, but we know they will be good cause the 3rd party support is anxious to try and develop games for the wii. There is no shot that the wii will die out because its already kicking so much ***.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol I laugh at smashbros_777, saying the wii is dead is like saying master chief will be in brawl...

Going back to the channels topic, I find the everybofy votes channel entertaining, I had 100% on predictions til I lost my 1st one today, who knew so many people prefer freezing cold over boiling hot weather XD...

Still, yes im hoping for the demo channel to appear son, im want a SSBB, mario galaxy and MP3 demo BAD...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Sony should be glad to have all the Wii's sold out, or else the local electronic store wouldn't have a place to put them all.

You fail to notice that Wii has it's fair share of strong games coming out this year, the top being titles like Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and of course Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The DS and PSP feud had similar problems, with people speculating the fact that the item Nintendo is selling is nothing more than a gimmick that'll fade by the end of the year. And what happened? Nintendo eventually figured out how to make their product more appealing to the audience, and stayed supported by a strong lineup of great games. They had their launch titles consisting with at least 1 familiar franchise so people can get comfortable with the system (Super Mario 64 DS = Zelda: Twilight Princess) then blossomed from there.

All the games coming out for the Wii this year may not have anything to do with Master Chief or Snake (...oh wait), but they'll give you an experince that no Sony or Microsoft console can give you. That itty remote offers more possibilities than ever imagined, putting Nintendo in a whole other level. Not a higher level perhaps, but indeed a different one.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
There's probably not going to be any new info at the Game Developers Confrence.

http://blogs.ign.com/AtownKED/2007/03/03/48328/

I can't explain it as well as this blog, so I highly reccomend you read the whole thing, but basically, Ninty is selling large amounts of stock, and anything huge they announce can get them in legal trouble.

IGN Blog said:
- The Situation
Recently, Nintendo announced that a large quantity of their stock [1.987 million shares] that was previously owned by Japanese government-run banks would be up for sale. Prices in the stock market are determined by supply and demand, so the short of it is that if a huge amount of Nintendo stock suddenly becomes available, the average share price is going to plummet considerably. Whenever a large liquidation of stock occurs, it is illegal for a company to make any big announcements, good or bad, that could further impact the price of their stock. This is the situation in which Nintendo currently finds itself.
EDIT:

This makes me happy.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=2679

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So there's no big "Here's a new Wii Zelda!" announcement, doesn't mean they won't be going into more detail on games already announced (Metroid, Brawl, Day od Disaster, Project HAMMER, ect)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
The only interesting stuff that could be announced for Metroid or Brawl would be online as far as I'm concerned, and that would be grounds for law suits. I don't know about you, but I couldn't care less if they show a new stage or beam. That's the kind of stuff that I only care about while I'm playing.

I do suppose a new character announcement wouldn't get them in trouble for Brawl, but I still highly doubt that's going to happen. It's not like Sakurai is giving the keynote.

As for Disaster: Day of Crisis, and Project Hammer, I'm not too interested in either of those games. But for someone who is, I suppose that might be something to get exited about.

Top Bottom