• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Chip.

you know what to do
and that would be....?

I still need high speed internet to connect and get these cool channels.

So I guess I'll just sit and wait.... >_>

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Is there another way? When I got my second controller I just looked at the instructions and it told me to press the red sync buttons.
Well, you can do what's called a 'guest sync'. That's where you click the HOME button, click remote settings, click RECONNECT, and have everyone do the 1 & 2 button presses. That method is slow but generally reliable. I strongly recommend trying to make the primary sync method work. Just have the main Wii menu up with all the channels in front of you (not the HOME-button menu). Is player 1 already sync'd up? In other words, the player 1 light is lit, yes? OK, set that one down, take your second remote. Open up the back and press the red button so the lights start blinking; once you do that, press and hold the Wii console's red sync button on the front for about 2 or 3 seconds. I'm not sure if holding it down is necessary, but it made it work for me. Then just wait; after a few seconds, your remote will suddenly just sync to player 2.

DISCLAIMER -- When you sync remotes this way, any remote power button will turn the Wii off, even if four players are involved. I used to think the Wii would turn off if the 'last' remote turned off, but it turns out when they are sync'd in this manner, even player 4 shuts the Wii off while players 1, 2, and 3 are sync'd and still playing.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I saw Wii play at Walmart today. It's the first time I've ever seen a Wii controller for sale since it's launch.

Everybody Votes channel is pretty cool. I was delighted to see my Wii's blue light on when I got home from school today.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Wow, Everybody Votes Channel sure came out of nowhere. Zink, after you update the Wii, you have to download it from the Wii Shop. Don't worry, it's free.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Which do u prefer dogs or cats?... well its better than nothing...

I like the channel, but Im getting only a few polls, only got 4 rite now... meh I submitted a question, hoping they put it XD...

Sensai

Smash Master
I have a completely different take on the Everybody Votes channel then you people do...

Right now, I'm a little dissapointed. Four polls, and they come out every two or three days? Not really all that much to do on it, as you can vote/predict in a matter of moments. Oh well, it's free, and I'm glad to have it.

But what I'm thinking is that maybe Nintendo could use this to get feedback from us. Sure, you've got 'Which is better? Hotdogs or Hamburgers?,' but at the same time, you could have 'Which VC game do you want to see on Monday? Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask?' That would be so freakin' cool, my head would explode.

Eh...it's been out two days. I'll give 'em time.

Sensai

Smash Master
I don't think it matters the order, I just know that you need to do both for it to work at all.

Any idea why this is?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I thought that was how the News Channel was going to work, being available from the shop like the Opera browser. This time, being a surprize release, the software wasn't already installed into the Wii like the Forecast and News Channel, so an update was also nessasary. I don't know why we had to get it from the shop other than to waste my time.

Another thing I realized: When you update your Wii and you have a set connection to an access point on #1, #2, and/or #3, the connection used will automatically be set back to 1. So, since I'm using #2 with a connection also set on #1, I ended up wasting half an hour attempting to get on the shop. *sigh*

Hey... do you guys want more Wii friends? Try going to mapwii.com and you'll be able to see all the Wii's that have been registered to the site from around the world! I just registered there for fun.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'll pass....

Everytime I boot up my Wii, I have to mass delete all 25 new Miis that travel in through the parade.

Seriously, Nintendo, if you're reading this: make deleting Miis just a little easier....

Stryks

Smash Hero
No kidding, I have over 100 miis on my parade, wish there was just a "delete all the miis in ur parade" option, I may keep some Miis, but most of them must go!!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Wow, I haven't posted here in a while... I got my Wii working, apparently I just needed another wiimote to sync with the wii, then my wiimote started working... so I lied when I said I tried everything... it's just, it's near impossible to find a wiimote, but I finally found one at Kmart, woot!

I know you guys really missed me not being here, but it's okay now. :laugh:

I'll pass....

Everytime I boot up my Wii, I have to mass delete all 25 new Miis that travel in through the parade.

Seriously, Nintendo, if you're reading this: make deleting Miis just a little easier....
Yeah, I really wish they would do that... like you just keep pressing a to highlight which miis you want deleted and then you deleted the mass.

Also, that'd be sick if you could like tell Nintendo what VC games to put up aka what Sensai said.

Sensai

Smash Master
Spawn, welcome back. And on top of that, you (unlike everyone else here) read what I posted about Everybody Votes. :-D

Glad you got your Wii working, too. Goodjob, mate.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Everybody votes is a nice little feature, and I'm sure after a while these will really add up, but now they seem kinda....bland? Nice when you first use it, then it flies downhill.

Got Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. I love the games....but WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY short. I beat it in 2 hrs. 2 HRS. Still pretty fun though.

I still need to get all the microgames though, so It'll be a while longer that I play. I love 9 and 18-volt's games. There's 2 LoZ ones. Neat.

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh, forgot to mention that!

The pass the controller thing is big fun, although there's no way you can slip the wrist strap on in that time (for all you safety freaks). I went to a party and brought it along, and about 10 of us played...it was a blast.

And does anyone remember that game titled 'Sadness' for the Wii? Announced waaaaaaaay back when by some small developer titled Nibris? Well, some details have surfaced for anyone ('sides me) who's interested. Jeah, I'm talking to both of you.
Players take the role of a lady known as Maria, a survivor of a major train disaster. Alexander, her younger brother, was blinded during the crash and begins to act strangely. The siblings use their environment to try and survive.
And, for the (probably) bigger fanbase devoted to Suda's 'No More Heros,' here's an interview with the director.

The tagline, and you'll like this, is 'The director of Killer 7 says he promises to make his new Wii title more violent than Manhunt 2.'

Link!
http://wii.ign.com/articles/765/765721p1.html

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
I hate this neighborhood. There is NOBODY my age. I have tons of friends at school and outside activities, but none of them live remotley close to me. I think I'm realizing that I feel that I MUST have these games, just in case I actually happen to have somebody over...This is why I play ssbm sooooo much. I don't have anybody to play with, so I'm always just trying to get more technical and work as much as I can to get better because I don't have the same opprotunities everyone else has.
[/emo]
Not emo btw.
Wario Ware is fun though :).

I think I rememer that sadness game...just a little bit.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I too recall hearing about the sadness game, but I am way ore interest in no more heroes, I think its gonna be one of those games that Ijust gotta have, I never played killer 7, but this games seems interesting...

Sensai

Smash Master
I agree. No More Heros has me interested, also. Any idea on a release date?

Oh, and in case you people didn't hear, Metroid Prime 3 might be getting delayed...again. I'll dig up the link.

Here we are...
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1552624/20070215/index.jhtml

Reggie said:
A year ago, people were challenging me: 'What are you going to do to make sure there's strong third-party support?' " Fils-Aime said. "We have it. Now folks are saying, 'Where's all your strong first-party titles?' They're coming. But we're being very strategic when we're going to launch them. And we're making sure our licensees enjoy success on their titles and that the spacing makes sense.
MTV said:
Fils-Aime had told Croal that "Metroid Prime 3" would release for the Wii in "early 2007" and had told MTV News that the game would precede another anticipated Wii heavyweight, "Super Mario Galaxy."
That was a while ago. Now THIS is the important part.

Reggie said:
What I will tell you about 'Metroid' is that 'Metroid' will be fabulous. I think it's fair to say that all of us were disappointed with the sales of 'Metroid Prime 2,' Retro included. The focus on 'Prime 3' is to make that the stellar game for a first-person experience on the platform. ... What that means is we're going to make sure it's perfect when we launch it. I think this is one where your readers — the fans of Nintendo, the core gamer — need to recognize that when we release it, it will be perfect. And if that's a little later than folks would have liked, I'm hoping they're going to be happy. They certainly seem to be happy that we took our time with '[The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.'
The follow up question is 'If it's perfect, does that mean it's going to be online?' To which Reggie responded: 'That's perfect for you.'

Stryks

Smash Hero
ANOTHER DELAY? aww man I wanna play corruption, I wouldnt be so upset If they can at least tell us the launch date of project hammer, galaxy, or brawl, but nothing yet... I do hope, unlike the guys at ign for some reason, mp3 has online,seeing how there will be new hunters in the game, maybe they can make an online gameplay similair to MPH, that would simply rock...

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm assuming that that is why MP3 is taking so long to deliver - they're trying to make a great flagship type game for their online system.

Think about it: if MP3 did online well, it really could be a signal for a turning point in the online department. But if they wait 'till Novemember for it to come out, then, although it'll be a big thing for Nintendo's online, I'll be pissed that I had to wait THAT long for it.

I just don't understand why it's taking so long for online...

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I don't know why everyone's assuming MP3 will have online multiplayer. Yes, it'd by f*cking awesome, but delays aren't indicative of multiplayer - Just a more polished, expansive game.

As for myself, while I'm itching to blast some space pirate scum, I can wait. Considering that TP was incredible after a couple years of delays, I can only assume that MP3 will get the same extra polish and pwnage after delays.

Stryks

Smash Hero
P.A. i know what u mean, I wanna finish off dark samus and take down ridley one last time, but also think about it, why do u think its taking so long??

MP3 was scheduled for wii launch, and now its delayed twice, lets say they take out some glitches and improve the aiming and weapons, and why not improve the enemies AI, but the game was supposedly ready for nov. 19 2006, and may now b delayed for a year?? how long can all those tweaks take 3-5 months??

A while ago b4 wiis launch, i believe after E3, retro studios told IGN there wouldn't ve online, but after the delay they said theyre reconsidering the online gameplay, I believe after the success of MPH, they will add the online to boost up sales, and thus make MP3 perfect...

god all that typing on my wii hurts my qrist XD...

Sensai

Smash Master
Paranoid, I just can't imagine what's taken them THIS long to release it. I mean, seriously...unless this is them just attempting to strategically space their titles, then I cannot think of any other reason.

I just watched something 'bout the DICE thing on IGN...and they (kinda?) interviewed somebody up top about Wii Sports II. They (Jessica Chobot) asked if it was in the works, or could we expect to see it soon, and the guy answered 'If I told you that, I'd have to kill you.' Then, after pushing a bit more, he said 'Well, I won't deny it...'

And now I'm listening to the Wiik in review thing, and they're talking about Sonic and the Secret Rings. This is Matt, Jess, and Bozon....and none of them really seem to like it, although Matt did say something along the lines of it being the 'best 3D Sonic game ever, although that's really not saying anything.'

He also just said that it looks really good for a Wii game, which is good.

And now they're talking about Wii Play. If you didn't see the Wii Play review, it was pretty bad, according to them. Anyways, I'll report back if anything else is said.

[Edit:]

Weird...they're talking about something that they can't talk about. Interesting. I'll try to type out the conversation...you can tell me what you think. The '...' is me skipping space.

Bozon: 'But we did play a game...we obviously can't talk about...Can we touch on the fact that we visited and saw this game?'
Casa: 'I don't think we can even do that. But there are certain games out there, I'm sure you guys can figure it out...'
Bozon: 'Lemme just say I have been enjoying first person shooters and I took a good look at CoD 3 again to kinda compare it to one of it's competitive projects.'
Casa: 'I think you can pretty much figure it out. There're not too many direct competitors to CoD 3.'

Then they go on to talk about how there will be more seen on Tuesday, and more seen [Casa:] 'on other channels somewhere else, since we got effed on that one.'

Bozon: 'Oh ya, no exclusive.'

And then, looking for anything else to talk about, Matt says that they do have some 'major, major news' that they can't talk about any of that 'for a long time.'

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! Could it be about MP3? At first, that's what I was thinking, and when he said the thing about 'exclusive', I thought he meant other news sources...but now, looking over it, he might be talking about other channels on IGN, meaning a game on more then one platform.

And the big news...I have no idea. No idea at all, seeing as how the Game Developer's Conference isn't all that far away...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Paranoid, I just can't imagine what's taken them THIS long to release it. I mean, seriously...unless this is them just attempting to strategically space their titles, then I cannot think of any other reason.

I just watched something 'bout the DICE thing on IGN...and they (kinda?) interviewed somebody up top about Wii Sports II. They (Jessica Chobot) asked if it was in the works, or could we expect to see it soon, and the guy answered 'If I told you that, I'd have to kill you.' Then, after pushing a bit more, he said 'Well, I won't deny it...'

And now I'm listening to the Wiik in review thing, and they're talking about Sonic and the Secret Rings. This is Matt, Jess, and Bozon....and none of them really seem to like it, although Matt did say something along the lines of it being the 'best 3D Sonic game ever, although that's really not saying anything.'

He also just said that it looks really good for a Wii game, which is good.

And now they're talking about Wii Play. If you didn't see the Wii Play review, it was pretty bad, according to them. Anyways, I'll report back if anything else is said.

[Edit:]

Weird...they're talking about something that they can't talk about. Interesting. I'll try to type out the conversation...you can tell me what you think. The '...' is me skipping space.

Bozon: 'But we did play a game...we obviously can't talk about...Can we touch on the fact that we visited and saw this game?'
Casa: 'I don't think we can even do that. But there are certain games out there, I'm sure you guys can figure it out...'
Bozon: 'Lemme just say I have been enjoying first person shooters and I took a good look at CoD 3 again to kinda compare it to one of it's competitive projects.'
Casa: 'I think you can pretty much figure it out. There're not too many direct competitors to CoD 3.'

Then they go on to talk about how there will be more seen on Tuesday, and more seen [Casa:] 'on other channels somewhere else, since we got effed on that one.'

Bozon: 'Oh ya, no exclusive.'

And then, looking for anything else to talk about, Matt says that they do have some 'major, major news' that they can't talk about any of that 'for a long time.'

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! Could it be about MP3? At first, that's what I was thinking, and when he said the thing about 'exclusive', I thought he meant other news sources...but now, looking over it, he might be talking about other channels on IGN, meaning a game on more then one platform.

And the big news...I have no idea. No idea at all, seeing as how the Game Developer's Conference isn't all that far away...

Oh man multiplayer MP3 I know it is!! Lol, I didnt understoof the channel thing, but im hoping they reveal ANY info on mp3 or a new channel on tuesday (there gonna reveal something on tuesday rite?)... when will the GDC be held anyway?

Sensai

Smash Master
Yes, more information is due Tuesday, at least, according to that.

GDC is March, although I can't really remember the date. Everyone who's interested in where Nintendo's going with it, though, should check it out: Miyamoto's giving a speech.

Also, it's rumored that they're going to talk about original content on the VC...:-D

And that SNES/PS3 thing makes me laugh, too.

Zink

Smash Champion
Gah, how can they do that..."hmm, well, we can't say anything at all, but we can tell you we can't say anything... maybe... oops..." Geez, NDA much? Why mention it at all?

Sensai

Smash Master
No idea.

They're going to put up VC games tomorrow, yes? I mean, it's an American holiday...but that won't stop 'em, right?

I'm just hoping that the people over there are thinking 'Oh my God, we're in a drought! We need to put up our most awesomest game EVAR!'

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
they scored Wii play badly, but IGN AU give it an 8.3

also

WTF ALERT
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/nintendo/wtf-alert-snes-outselling-ps3-on-amazoncom-237633.php
the SNES is outselling the PS3 on amazon.

lol
lol
lol
lol

i'm sorry, there are reasons for it, and they make sense(as outlined in the article). It's still just hilarious.
The SNES was a very good console for its time. It was my first real console. Games like Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario World, and Super Metroid make the SNES a force to be reckon with even with today's standards(okay not really...) but it IS MY favorite console. PS3 really needs to bring down the price at least $50 now. It has been $600 for far to long. I might get one if it wasn't for the high price.

There is no doubt in my mind nintendo will bring SMB3 to the wii virtual console.

Also anyone remember when the console would come with two controllers... those were the days.

Sensai

Smash Master
Or when they came with games. SNES was the last one to do that, before the Wii.

And supermariopro, I'm not sure what you're talking about...I'd put a whole bunch of SNES games up there with games like Gears of War and (yes,) even Twilight Princess. LttP is just too good.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
What do you mean by putting them up there? Immersion? Fun? I suppose fun you may be right, but immersion in those old games is nowhere near games like Gears of War.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah, you can't really get sucked into the world of link when he's this 32 bit kid who smacks chickens that make beeping sounds instead of clucking.

Playing resistance, on the other hand, is like an interactive movie. In a twisted sense, where you kill everything. But still, you just get absorbed into the world of 1930s britain/russia and energy bolt shooting mutant freaks. Strange but true.

Top Bottom