• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Sensai

Smash Master
Chip. said:
MGS should be for the Wii, and I know Kojima said he would like to do an MGS project for the Wii someday

...Discuss...
SEE?! I knew someone had said something like this!

Chip, he said he'd like to do a PROJECT with the Wii. Not necessarily a MGS one.

(See? I'm not going crazy...I just can see into the future, apparently.)

Chip.

you know what to do
..Uh...shoot me?

What on earth would Kojimi do other than MGS, c'mon, that's pretty much all he makes, correct?

Hideo Kojima stated that he 'REALLY wants to do an MGS project for the Wii'. Never specifecally stated if it was MGS4 but it's possible.

I LOVE MGS 4!
And no you can't see in the future...

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Chip. said:
What on earth would Kojimi do other than MGS, c'mon, that's pretty much all he makes, correct?
Well, Kojima did make Zone of the Enders 1 + 2. And then he made that GBA/DS series Boktai/Lunar Knights, where you're a vampire hunter. And then he made Policenauts. He's made lots of stuff, but yes, he's mostly known for his work on MGS.

Although, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if Kojima would ever do an MGS game for the Wii. He's such a stickler about presentation, and I'm sure that the Wii's less-than-fantastic visuals would make him think twice before actually bringing it over. If anything, he'll probably develop some new IP for the Wii, like how he started the Boktai series just for the GBA.

But man. . .imagine ZOE or MGS on the Wii. Craziness!

Zink

Smash Champion
Anyone anticipating anything from GDC? I'm not. Miyamoto's keynote might be noice, but I misdoubt seeing any games.
Hey Sensai, I heard Kojima is making MGS5 on Wii.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt it. I also think the (main) series of mgs will end with four. Don't know why, i just think it will. Well, time will tell.

Hehe, i just got my first (real) message from somebody calling me eric! WHOO! Let's change my name again :D.

Sensai

Smash Master
http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii/nwii/sonic-and-the-secret-rings-gameplay-video-2/

An interesting gameplay video of the new Sonic game for the Wii. I'm actually liking what I see (it being all on a rail, like Starfox 64)...it's like a 2d Sonic game, but flipped so that it's all behind Sonic. (Yes, I'm sure everyone already knew this...)

Chip, you sound offended. I didn't mean to insult you or anything, sorry. I have no idea what else Kojima could do...he might make something new up entirely. I'm not saying that it won't be a MGS game, I'm just saying that it wasn't stated that it was a MGS in the interview.

The future thing was in refference to me saying that same thing randomly (I guess?) earlier in the thread, only to have you say the exact thing I was talking about a few posts later. Sigh, nevermind. It's too hard to explain, and it's not all that funny anyway. Just ignore me....grumble grumble.

Zink, don't attempt to annoy me (:-D). And I'm expecting some new eye candy from GDC...I just like hearing Miyamoto speak. He's a good guy, it seems...good ideas, good morals, good heart. Maybe he'll just come on stage, and raise his hand and be like: 'Pikmin for the Wii!' and walk off. That would make my freakin' day.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
I've had bad experiences with Pikmin. First gc game I got. To young to truely appreciate walking murderous plants. Never played it again since. Oh well, back to ssbm. My second game...

Chip.

you know what to do
Chip, you sound offended. I didn't mean to insult you or anything, sorry. I have no idea what else Kojima could do...he might make something new up entirely. I'm not saying that it won't be a MGS game, I'm just saying that it wasn't stated that it was a MGS in the interview.

The future thing was in refference to me saying that same thing randomly (I guess?) earlier in the thread, only to have you say the exact thing I was talking about a few posts later. Sigh, nevermind. It's too hard to explain, and it's not all that funny anyway. Just ignore me....grumble grumble.
What's wrong with me? For some reason, just lately, everyone seems to find me 'angry', 'moody', or 'offended' in whatever thread I'm in. I don't mean for my posts to sound irritable, so no one take me serious at all..... I'm actually really quite funney :). Of course the 'future' thing was a joke, I get that, and it was funney. I seem to spread some unstableness in every thread I go to...

Trust me, I'm almost never ever trying to sound mean wherever I go... I just......I don't know... I...

*sigh*.... I don't even know what I'm talking about.... grumble grumble...

Sensai

Smash Master
<3<3

Sorry I took it offensively. But I do know what you're talking about with the whole 'everyone seems to find me angry' thing. For about a week, every single post I made got me some type of backlash concerning how much of a prick I was.

Eh...who knows?

Chip.

you know what to do
Thx for the understanding Sensai!

*bowes down in respect*

....that is the coolest name eva...

.......Oh yeah, about the Wii!...

Umm......... Sonic looks somewhat creative, but it I've got the strangest feeling in my gut that it going to suck like all the other 3D Sonics. Plz, oh please don't blow it this time SEGA!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I might get Sonic and the Secret Rings or as it has been called here, Sonic and his last chance to not suck.

I'm not excited about the Q1 offerings but Sonic seems to stand out.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii/nwii/sonic-and-the-secret-rings-gameplay-video-2/

An interesting gameplay video of the new Sonic game for the Wii. I'm actually liking what I see (it being all on a rail, like Starfox 64)...it's like a 2d Sonic game, but flipped so that it's all behind Sonic. (Yes, I'm sure everyone already knew this...)

I have mixed feelings about Sonic and the Secret Rings. The sheer amount of unlockables is almost enough to get me to buy it, but I'm not sure I like the story much. There are only eight levels, (though each has 12 missions) and I find that a little bland. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is the only 3-D Sonic game i've ever played, and that was incredibly in-depth. The Chao Garden alone was enough to cause me to play over 100 hours on that game. I'm not sure some unlockables and a few thrown-together minigames can live up to that masterpiece of a sonic game.

All info was gathered from the latest issue of NP.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Sensai/Chip, didn't Kojima explicitly state that MGS4 is the last MGS? Unless he goes back in time, or does another parallel universe like MGA again.

BTW Zink, you misdoubt seeing any games? Perhaps you'll be the next President. Lol

edit: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/651/651868p1.html. MGS4 is Kojima's last game in the series of MGS. So although therre still a chance a MG Wii, Kojima won't be producing it. THe Wii project he is thinking of is definitively NOT a metal gear game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Japanese site for Fire Emblem: The Goddess of Dawn is up and running. There isn't much to look at if you don't know Japanese, but there is a trailer and some screenshots if you explore the site. It was mentioned earlier that the Classic Controller must be used, but the site features the Remote turned sideways. Be warned, the trailer and some screenshots can be considered a semi-spoiler...

Fire Emblem: The Goddess of Dawn trailer
Fire Emblem: The Goddess of Dawn homepage

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Oh...I've known about Goddess of Dawn (lol GOD) for about a week only. I believe somewhere in the current issue of NP, they stated that the name may change before it gets to America. It was accomponied with the first screenshots of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates for the DS. It's weird, the Yukes are nearly the same height of the Lilties... Anyways, they still looks awesome, I'll be getting both of these for sure.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'll probably be buying Sonic...it's actually going to be the first 3d Sonic game I own...

...save Sonic Blast, for the Genesis. Man, that game OWNS.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
My 2nd. My first is Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. That game was great for it's time, but all the ones after that repeated with a bad and un-orriginal story. Mostly. And yes, the chao thing kept you hooked :). Man, that game was great.

EDIT:
Yeah, that's true, but I've seen some absurdly fast people, and I made one of them take a similar test - He scored a .15 - Ridiculously good reaction times. On the same test, I got a .18 as my best score, but I averaged .19 to .21. (This test was where a green dot flashed on the screen in the same location every time, and you had to click it. I like that more since the down key takes slower to depress than does your mouse click).
Really old post. Anyway, I just did it and my average is 200.3 . Also, my best was an ASTOUNDING 60 . That amazes the shiz outa me.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Man, if I get this one, it's going to be my... 11th?

Game Gear: Sonic Chaos, Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Spinball
Gamecube: Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Heroes (Doh!)

I love my chaos too. <3 Sonic series can't top that kind of quality on-the-side gameplay.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Who actually owned Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 for the Dreamcast? It seems like everybody in this thread beside me had the GC remakes. I still play the original Dreamcast versions.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I remember playing a demo for Sonic Adventure 1 and that was the only time in my entire life I ever got to hold a Dreamcast controller. But I do remember that the graphics got smoothed out since then and the added features made both Adventure games worth playing.

Zink

Smash Champion
I played SA2B... chao system ruled, although the game itself was a bit glitchy. I think I'll probably get Secret Rings. It looks like it plays more like the 2D games than the 3D ones, and the latest trailer uploaded yesterday on IGN looks awesome.

Sensai

Smash Master
Maelstrom, you should play the first three if you ever get a chance...IMO, they're the only ones worth playing.

FireBomb, I was talking about 3d Sonic games. All in all, I have...let's see...7 Sonic games.

Sonic 1, 2, and 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Blast
Sonic Pinball
Oh, and I forgot I had a Sonic collection on my GC.

And I heard a lot about the Chao thing. I really wanted to fool around with it, but I was a wee lad and had no money for a DC.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
The adventure ones were worth playing if you enjoyed sonic. After....eh. Also, I missed out on Dreamcast, but I still wish I hadn't. So many great series. Great games. Just...bad timing. :-(. Well, I have tons of 2d sonic gamers. I have a collection, I have like 7 for my computer (one of them being the 3d racing one....oh gawd) and...that's it. I got no more after the collection. I hated the gc controller for that. And the first collection, not the 5 others. Eh. But secret rings will *hopefully* revive Sonic.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah, i never really liked sonic, even sonic DS which my friends were obsessed with, but this is catching my interest, from what i've read the controls sound incredible.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
well so far the 3-d sonics sucked except i liked sonic adventure battle 2 a bit. i still play the sonic 2 on my sega genesis, i'm suprised it still works

primusfan

Smash Ace
True, 2-D Sonics were good and 3-D ones suck except for Adventure 2 Battle. Adventure 2 Battle was pretty cool...
Why is nobody mentioning Sonic Adventure (the first one)? That game was great. From what I've heard, the original Dreamcast versions are a lot better than the remakes for the GC. I don't know, I've never played the GC versions.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I mentioned the first Adventure one before, though it's the 2nd best console game Sonic has. Not like there's much competition for that place... See, after raising my Chaos in Battle, starting from scratch and doing it all over again didn't feel as entertaining in the first Sonic Adventure. Mission Mode was alright, but that didn't seem nessasary. Having some of the old Sonic games that were released on older systems could have been better if they had better games to offer (or at least ones I didn't already own).

Does anyone know why Sega went backwards and released Adventure 2: Battle first, and then Adventure 1 DX a year or so later?

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Finally remembered to post my Wii Number... anyone know how to hook it up to the internet?
Yes, I am technologically challenged:( (if that is a word...)
If you've got a wireless router in your house, you're set. If not, you can get one of those wireless converter things for the Nintendo DS that hook into a USB port on your computer. If wireless isn't exactly your favorite, you can get a USB-to-Ethernet converter that plugs into the back of your Wii, and then into, I suppose, the Router/Wall.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
If you've got a wireless router in your house, you're set. If not, you can get one of those wireless converter things for the Nintendo DS that hook into a USB port on your computer. If wireless isn't exactly your favorite, you can get a USB-to-Ethernet converter that plugs into the back of your Wii, and then into, I suppose, the Router/Wall.
My brother just got one of those for Christmas! I'm gonna go look for it now, and see if I can hook it up to my Wii.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Hey is there anyone else out there who has been taking internet connections from routers that aren't even theirs? You know, from your neighbor or someone like that? Can they notice you taking theirs, or is it even legal? o_o I don't want to have the first offense on my recond say "Illegal Wii usage." Ok so maybe it won't get that bad, but it's actually kinda funny that my Wii gets better connection than my friends'.

Achieved:1,000 posts!

Top Bottom