• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that was annoying.

They will still be great. Nintendo has major names also, MARIO, Samus, Link (which people just "**** a brick" over). Also, I don't think people will fork over 600 dollars just to play mgs4. I think this generation will be very close in terms of who does best.

Oh, and points cards are everywhere here, just not the nunchuks xo. I have looked in over 20 places (cumulativley) and have found nada.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Don't start a console debate. They are ******** and pointless. It's arguments over toys.

I don't know if Zero Beat intended to be malicious, but regardless, don't start **** over it in here.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good luck finding those Wii Point cards. There's NONE out here, which is pretty absurd at this point now that more favorable games are becoming available.
I just checked a couple stores, and most of them had a couple of Wii Points cards or so. It's not surprising some places are sold out with Mario Kart 64 coming tomorrow and whatnot...just keep checking again, or just use a credit card.

As for the rest of the accessories, just keep checking, because they seem more readily available. I visited a Target about 15 minutes from my house, and they had Remotes, Nunchuks, Classic Controllers, Wii Points cards...everything but the system. The accessory shortage finally appears to be under control.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I see. Yeah, i wasn't really thinking what could come out of my statement ^^''.

Well, I haven't checked nunchuks in a while. I might check back again when I'm feeling better. Darn mother nature and it's "sicknesses". ;_;

Sensai

Smash Master
Crimson King said:
They are ******** and pointless. It's arguments over toys.
Like grammar!

And there's nothing almost Wii related here. There are a whole bunch of PS3s, but not a single Wii accessory to be found.

greenblob

Smash Lord
News flash: greenblob tries to go to Wal-Mart for a Wii, receives minor injuries

Ahh well, hopefully there will be some next weekend.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry to hear it Green. Wii (hehe) got ours from the last one in the stock. If that made sense. Waited in line before Christmas ><

applejack

Smash Journeyman
In the Wal-mart near me there a six or seven PS3s, and they've been there for a month. I have a friend who has been searching everywhere for over a month for a Wii. I find that interesting.

I am thinking about buying component cables, but do I need a HDTV for them to work?

Has anyone played Metal Slug anthrology? I am thinking of buying it and wanted to know if it is good.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I am thinking about buying component cables, but do I need a HDTV for them to work?

Has anyone played Metal Slug anthrology? I am thinking of buying it and wanted to know if it is good.
You don't really need to have an HDTV to use component. As long as your TV has component input ports, you can use it, but you won't get the full effect of it unless your TV has component with HDTV. There will still be a difference when comparing to composite.

If you've never heard of it, Metal Slug is basically a third person scrolling shooter game. It's really fun if you have two people, but it's still enjoyable by yourself.

Stryks

Smash Hero
A rumor is going that MGS4 will be on the 360, seeing how PS3 is having problems, and it has been delayed (mgs4) til 2008, the only game I was interested in PS3 will come out in 08... offtopic I know, someone mentioned all of that...

Sensai

Smash Master
Stryks said:
A rumor is going that MGS4 will be on the 360, seeing how PS3 is having problems, and it has been delayed (mgs4) til 2008, the only game I was interested in PS3 will come out in 08... offtopic I know, someone mentioned all of that...
I don't think it's officially been delayed yet...but I agree: it'll be delayed again.

And what Kojima said was that he's interested in the Wii, not bringing MGS to it. HUGE difference.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
That was a prediction article. Nothing in there is fact. Although it is possible the game will be delayed.

Why is that funny anyways? Would you think it was funny if MP3, or Brawl was further delayed? Does waiting to play a game you enjoy encite laughter? Or were you just being dumb?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ouch... Hey I just hate ps3/sony, so seing how MGS4 will (probably) be delayed, I just feel happy, theyd be lauging at wii-fanboys id brawl/mp3/galaxy is delayed, so meh... XD

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Hating consoles is so weaksauce. Enjoy them all. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I favor the Xbox brand over the others, because it provides the most games I enjoy, though I still enjoy playing Nintendo's games and occasionally play some awesome 3rd party games exclusive to the PS2.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Oy, silly stryks, feel the console love, my friend. ANd sensai, stryks never said MGS4 to Wii, he said 360. All we know is that kojima said"right now MGS4 is exclusive to PS3 so far". SO it sounds like MGS4 might come to another console, most likely the 360 since they'd have to dumb down the graphics if porting to Wii.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Ouch... Hey I just hate ps3/sony, so seing how MGS4 will (probably) be delayed, I just feel happy, theyd be lauging at wii-fanboys id brawl/mp3/galaxy is delayed, so meh... XD
What a ridiculous perspective to take. And for what possible reason would you hate a company that houses such incredible games like Shadow of the Colossus and MGS3? Furthermore, not many people on the boards here care about your blatantly biased opinion. Certainly Sony doesn't care. Even Nintendo wouldn't care, as they're far more concerned about capturing a new market demographic, as opposed to catering to the needs of a rabid fanboy.

In short, your fanboy perspective is irrational, annoying, and hardly constructive.

In any case, porting MGS4 to the Wii is a nigh impossibility, mostly because the graphics would suffer. I'm saying it right now--sooner or later, Kojima is going to make a Wii-exclusive Metal Gear, just like he did for the Game Boy Color version. Kojima has too much respect for Miyamoto and too much interest in the Wii to simply avoid developing for the Wii altogether.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Woah wait I never said that MGS4 would be ported to the wii, yes the graphics would suffer, I said xbox 360, I read it on IGN... anyway yeah Kokima said he loved the wii and its unique control, and said he may make a game for it, hopin its a wii exclusive MGS... XD

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Now you're being stupid maelstrom. MGS3 is a a third game. Just because sony's console has the game on its system doesn't mean the game should be related to them as a company. I have a friend who hates sony, thinks the PS2 is a crappy system, but loves games on it. However, I do agree that we don't don't need to hear biased fanboyism.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
It's all about the games. With so much money floating around all three companies, everyone is going to eventually get their share of badass games from third-party developers, so while the PS3 seems ****ty right now, in four years we may be picking them up for half price to access a plethora of incredible games. Each has something to bring to the table, so it's really no use arguing over which console is the best. It's too early to call it, as they all have lots of potential. Microsoft has awesome Player to Player networks, PS3 has the most powerful hardware available, and Wii has the most innovative control scheme we've seen since the D-Pad.

Zink

Smash Champion
Thanks, Cashed. Way to lord it over people who can't afford more than one console. Now all we have to do is pretend to enjoy the ones we don't have and won't be able to buy. We can even discuss games we've never owned, all in the name of console tripartisanship.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
"Can't you see all this fighting is tearing us apart!?!"

Now that I've got that out of my system, could we please get back on topic? Does anybody know of any upcoming games for the wii that might seem good or that are 1st party? I can't wait for Metroid...hopefully they'll learn from Red Steel's failure (as a whole, not just bashing it) and be able to make one kick-a** shooter. I'm also really anticipating the music one where you can conduct and stuff. Does anyone know what that's called?

primusfan

Smash Ace
"Can't you see all this fighting is tearing us apart!?!"

Now that I've got that out of my system, could we please get back on topic? Does anybody know of any upcoming games for the wii that might seem good or that are 1st party? I can't wait for Metroid...hopefully they'll learn from Red Steel's failure (as a whole, not just bashing it) and be able to make one kick-a** shooter. I'm also really anticipating the music one where you can conduct and stuff. Does anyone know what that's called?
Metroid, Mario Galaxy, SSX Blur, SSBB, The Godfather: The Blackhand Edition (can't wait for that one). That's just a few.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah! I though I'd heard of an ssx. I wonder how the controls will work? I really hope they keep the gameplay similar to 3...the ones after that weren't that great...

EDIT: 400th page! I claim it!

Soliloquy

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah! I though I'd heard of an ssx. I wonder how the controls will work? I really hope they keep the gameplay similar to 3...the ones after that weren't that great...

Well yes there is gonna be one. I read in EGM that you draw different shapes with the wii mote to make an uber trick. The more complex shape the better move, the more points. I don't know much about the racing/freestyle events though

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Drawing shapes for tricks? I hope that turns out better than it sounds.. Look, my square turned into a front flip guys!

Sensai

Smash Master
Stryks...you got owned. I sympathize for you, because I feel kinda like that, but not to the same extent. I offer some support to why I dislike Sony (to everyone: that's allowed, BTW), but I certainly don't want them to completely fail.

Yes, you're right. They would (will) laugh at us when X game is delayed. But an eye for an eye...well, you know the rest. Rise above, my friend. Two wrongs...yep, more cliches.
ChRed2AKrisp said:
ANd sensai, stryks never said MGS4 to Wii, he said 360.
My bad...I thought I saw somewhere that someone was excited about a MGS4 for the Wii. Wow, I'm losing it.
ti83pop said:
I'm also really anticipating the music one where you can conduct and stuff. Does anyone know what that's called?
I believe that the 'game' is called Wii Music, but I'm not so sure it's going to ever see the light of day. It was used to famously unveil the Wii back at E3 'o5 by Miyamoto...it may just be a tech demo.

Although, Wii Sports was a freaking huge success....

And from what I've heard, SSX Blur is really good.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
ChRed2AKrisp said:
Now you're being stupid maelstrom. MGS3 is a a third game. Just because sony's console has the game on its system doesn't mean the game should be related to them as a company.
Of course it does. All of us, whether we accept it or not, judge videogame companies by the software they release. A lot of people hated Microsoft--fanboys aside--because the amount of decent software they had for the Xbox was minimal. Microsoft's weak attempt at entering the videogame market was viewed with contempt because they had almost nothing to offer. They had Halo and Splinter Cell, and that was it.

Now that Xbox 360 is out with relatively decent software and a tried-and-true online community based on the said software (Gears of War, Rainbow 6: Vegas to name a few), the console has become relatively respected in the majority of gamers' eyes.

I'd go as far to say that videogame companies are often identified by the very games they produce. When I think of Microsoft, I think of Halo. When I think of Sony, I think of Final Fantasy. When I think of Nintendo, I think of Mario. When I think of Sega, I think of Sonic.

The success of a game increases the reputation of the company, and makes the company more palatable to the general public. In that sense, any game on a given console is heavily related to the company itself.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
How did this thread become off-topic so fast?

Anyways, there are some rumors that different colors for the Wii may be coming sooner than most people expected. I'm just hoping there's a way to take off the existing shell and replace it with one of the new colors...

New Wii Colors?

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Red so smhexy. I wish i could trade :'(. BUT, I'd lose all my channels. *sigh* Well, let's hope for the next console season!

Sensai

Smash Master
Aw, but Cashed...just once more? Pweaze?

maelstrom218 said:
I'd go as far to say that videogame companies are often identified by the very games they produce. When I think of Microsoft, I think of Halo. When I think of Sony, I think of Final Fantasy. When I think of Nintendo, I think of Mario. When I think of Sega, I think of Sonic.
I think the point he was trying to make is that MGS (nor FF, for that matter) is made exclusively for Sony (although, to support you, MGS hasn't had many outings on anything other than a Sony console in a while). The other examples, however, were accurate.

And for those Sam 'n Max fans out there...check it out.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/15/sam-and-max-on-wii-telltale-wants-your-help/

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Of course it does. All of us, whether we accept it or not, judge videogame companies by the software they release. A lot of people hated Microsoft--fanboys aside--because the amount of decent software they had for the Xbox was minimal. Microsoft's weak attempt at entering the videogame market was viewed with contempt because they had almost nothing to offer. They had Halo and Splinter Cell, and that was it.

Now that Xbox 360 is out with relatively decent software and a tried-and-true online community based on the said software (Gears of War, Rainbow 6: Vegas to name a few), the console has become relatively respected in the majority of gamers' eyes.

The success of a game increases the reputation of the company, and makes the company more palatable to the general public. In that sense, any game on a given console is heavily related to the company itself.
Ummm....Mario is is a first party game. Bungie is owned by Microsoft. MGS3 is a thrid party game. Those are completely different. And when i think FFVII-FFXII I think sony. I think FFI-VI is nintendo. Also, I said should. I didn't say people don't relate the two. But like I said, hating a console is still different from hating a third party game on it. I already gave you an example. Another is multiplatform games. You might like the controls on one console as opposed to another, but love the game itself. Sony did not make MGS3. Hating sony doesn't mean you hate MGS3. I hate sony the company but I love playing Resistance at my friend's house.

Sorry Cashed.

Can't wait for RS2 online. :D

Chip.

you know what to do
You must not be very old. Or you're a new gamer.

And yeah guys, this topic is about the Wii. Not everything else in the world.
Nope, both accusations are wrong ;)

I just have been playing SSBM for a long time and I love it!

I also think of Link....

MGS should be for the Wii, and I know Kojima said he would like to do an MGS project for the Wii someday

...Discuss...

Top Bottom