• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Anyone else read that article where Kojima says "regrettably, MGS4 is on PS3 only so far"? Hint, hint? WHo else would love MGS4 Wii?

Chip.

you know what to do
Hideo Kojima stated that he 'REALLY wants to do an MGS project for the Wii'. Never specifecally stated if it was MGS4 but it's possible.

I LOVE MGS 4!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I got weather channel on the right day though. Oh well, I'm not complaining. BTW, should i get Wario Ware? *goes to look up some upcoming titles*
Wario Ware is really fun, if you can get about 5+ people to play with you.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'll probably get it. My only game right now is TP, and i beat it. I loved the ending. But now I'm kinda just sitting without anything to do, Other than TP re-runs. I just wish brawl would announce it's shipping date xo.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Wario Ware is really fun, if you can get about 5+ people to play with you.
Sadly, I have no friends, so it seems like WarioWare wouldn't be a particularly wise investment for me.

Question about the SD card: is it possible to transfer save files from a GC memory card directly to the SD card? And is it possible to have a GC game read/write files directly from the SD card in lieu of the memory card?

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
That's a good question. Might have to look into that.

But yeah, i forgot about the "not have friends". *sigh* Well, I might still get it.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Heh, yup, that picture pretty much sums up the whole Wii/PS3 saga for the last 2 months. What else is a Sony attendent supposed to do for fun nowadays? I bet they're all like this...

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
I just hope Nintendo starts putting out more games for the wii soon. There haven't been to many this month that have really been worth playing (other than Wario).

Stryks

Smash Hero
Sonic/wii play look promising, I wanna get them, but lack the money, doubt 100 dollars will fall from the sky right about now... *Waits...* ....... nope, nothing... ChRed2AKrisp hahaha that image is awesome XD...

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
I'm keeping $150 handy just for such games. That's why I'm hesitant on getting Wario. I am Definatley getting Brawl, and I might get sonic. I just am kinda confused right now xo.

Zink

Smash Champion
Guys, check this out! It's a long technical article essentially saying that Windows Vista's copy-protection for HD is so powerful that it is nearly impossible to use any kind of HD content. One quote-
"“I could not be more skeptical about the viability of the DRM included with Vista, from either a technical or a business standpoint. It's so consumer-unfriendly that I think it's bound to fail — and when it fails, it will sink whatever new formats content owners are trying to impose” — Matt Rosoff, lead analyst, Directions On Microsoft."
I can just imagine- incompatibility with Windows destroys BOTH HD-DVD and Blu-ray, leaving Nintendo as the winner because nobody can use anything higher than 720i.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's the main thing i was worried baout. Same thing was true with Touched. Brilliant, awesome, but short. Finished it in ess than 2 days...*sigh*.

Haha, Blu-Ray problems Sony? HD Microsoft? Mwuahahaha... o.o I scare myself sometimes...Hey, is anybody actually using the news software? It's convenient, but...unncecessary. I dunnow. Neat though. At least they got AP and not just some random interns...

Chip.

you know what to do
Is DBZ for the Wii any fun? Are the controls better/funner than current gen versions? Is the Wii version funner/better than the current gens?

Stryks

Smash Hero
yes/yes/yes

I have the game, its incredibly awesome, I play with my friends, by myself aitn as awesome, never the less, making the moves with the wiimote is awesome, and the attacks themselves are more intense than ever, I recommen it if ur a DBZ fan...

greenblob

Smash Lord
My take on WarioWare:

The whole game is advertised as a party game, but none of the minigames are really multiplayer. Some of them definitely could work as simultaneous multiplayer and a points could be distributed according to the ranking or something.

primusfan

Smash Ace
My take on WarioWare:

The whole game is advertised as a party game, but none of the minigames are really multiplayer. Some of them definitely could work as simultaneous multiplayer and a points could be distributed according to the ranking or something.
Well, the micro-games themselves aren't multi player, but there is a multiplayer mode where you play a game and then trade off the Wiimote. The multiplayer is fine.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I think that it could be improved upon by adding simultaneous multiplayer to it.

Example: the 8-bit Mario coin collecting game. You could have 4 Marios on the screen, one for each player, and there's a set time limit. The person who gets the most coins gets 3 points, 2nd place gets 2, 3rd place gets 1, 4th place gets zero. Repeat for the telephone game--whoever picks it up first gets 3, second gets 2, third gets 1, fourth gets 0. Repeat for a bunch of other games and add in a few games that could easily use this (think playhouse games). This could add to the pace and competitiveness which are the two big aspects of party games.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
I'm probly going to sell my copy of warioware and red steel. usually i don't have over so many friends at one time so i don't really think warioware would be that much enjoyable since i've beat it and have played the multiplayer games consecutive times.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i much prefer the gc warioware over this new one for multiplayer...the whole 'taking turns' multiplayer concept isnt as fun as playing at the same time as your friends...plus there arent that many modes to begin with...multiplayer for the gc warioware is definitely funner and better.

oh yeah, i got the news channel too...its pretty nicely laid out, especially being able to just see news from your area on the globe, although i probably wont use it much at all.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Wiis are supposed to be available tomorrow, but I was wondering what time I should be there. Last week, they were gone within 10 min so I want to be there right as they're released. I first planned on being there at midnight, but then I heard someone saying 7. Anyone know what time they're going to be released?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
But the Gamecube version of WarioWare doesn't have a minigame where you get you're groove on. o.O Maybe it's the fact that I have a lot of people to play with, or that I have nothing else to do in my spare time. The way I see it, having 4 people playing Smooth Moves on the Wii at the same time would be a pain at time. I've played Red Steel with 4 people and it felt kinda uncomfortable to have such a small screen. Not all minigames would have that problem since all you need to do is move the remote, but the pointing games may have cause problems. That Mario Sunshine game for example is already hell with a full screen, so if you break that into smaller portions, I'll cry. Oh well, this way there's less chance that someone will be a wiitard and hit someone in the face.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
:( I have to send my Wiimote into nintendo because it's not synching with the Wii system. I tried Nintendo's tips too, but they just wouldn't work. :cry:

Sensai

Smash Master
Ouch, Spawn. Sorry to hear it.

To whoever's wondering about Wario Ware, ask yourself a few questions:

1) Have you ever played the other Wario Ware games? If yes, then did you like them? If yes, then you'll enjoy this. If no to the first question (have you ever played...), then do you enjoy wacky, zany games? If either this or the 2nd question (did you like them) is responded with 'no', then stay away from this; it's not for you.

2) Do you enjoy replaying things by yourself? If yes, then this game probably will have a lot of replay value for you, as it won't get boring for quite a while (it's 100% randomness). If you DO get bored easily, however, then ask yourself if you have friends/family/etc that would allow for added replay value.

3) This is one of a few games in the Q1 list that looks promising, IMO. Are there any other games that you HAVE to have, and if so, do you have enough money to get them both/to get them all? If you don't (and don't have a steady source of income), you should choose which ones are truly 'must have' titles.

Hope that helped.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Here's what I've learned about Wario Ware.

-Very spontaneous, very fun... for the first few hours.
-You beat the game in few hours... and are kind of sad.
-Fun for about a week... before feeling the want for better games.
-Multiplayer is amazingly fun, and takes a while to stop once you get started.
-You might have your first 'flying wiimote' experience with this game. (I did.)

Pretty mcuh, after the first week, you probably won't really play it much. Maybe pick it up and play every other week.

Multiplayer alone makes it worth buying, if you have tons of friends. They don't even have to be video game friends.

If you want a good 'GAME' game, don't get it.

If you want a good party game, it's a must have.

Wuss

Smash Champion
I love wario ware, I bought it yesterday, and I basically already beat it, but It was sooo fun and I can't wait to play it some more. I suppose it will get boring after a while, but I agree on the good party game atmosphere. Switching off every game is really challenging and fun. My friends and I got so into it...
I loved the really hilarious cutscenes where they talked about the form the first time you see it. THe voice is soo priceless...

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I was the one asking if I should get it, I didn't know I'd spark a whole debate...Well, I'm still kinda where I left off, lol. I love these kinda games, and I love wario ware, but, as I am afraid, many people have said it'll get boring after about a week. That's my fear. Same thing happened with my verison for the ds. Wonderful, but S-H-O-R-T. And, i have like 0 friends that ever come over (I only have a 5 year old, a 10 year old, and a ton of scuzzy almost 16-17 year old guys on the street where I live). *Sigh*. Tons of friends AT school, just not....around my house. Well, I'll still think about it, lol. I probably wont though. Any other games that are great right now? Or coming out soon? Other than Dbz, I couldn't be seen with something like that XD. No offense ... lol.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Sonic and the secret rings and wii play, they say this sonic game is one of the best of all the 3d sonic games, and that saying a lot, seeing how they all suck, and wii play comes with a free controller, thats is just simply awesome, I wanna get wii play, but lack the money...

D

Deleted member

Lmao, saying that WiiPlay comes with a free controller is like saying buying a new car comes with free tires

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
It does? When does that come out o.o. Do you mean, like the wheel thing or an actual wiimote? And the sonic games....So far the best 3d had to have been either adventure 1 or 2. The rest are just...ick. I might try the new sonic.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
*whistles a tune*

Lol. Wii play though...I dunnow. Seems like the wii is relying heavily on minigames...games right now. But then again, it did JUST launch, so i dunnow. I might just wait for some choices, because my gamecube selection fell prey to me making stupid selections...other than ssbm. Best choice yet. Yeah, my GC Doesn't have double-dash, sunshine, Metroid, Viewtiful, RE4...Only good game it has is ssbm. Well, unless you count sc2.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's actually like saying the remote comes with a free game.
Well, it's more accurate to say you're paying for a game that comes with a free controller since it will cost $49.99, which is the price of a Wii game. Yeah, I'm a nerd like that. :p

So...did anyone that needed a Wii snag one today? I assume it was pure madness...

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Ohh! I might just snag play then. But, I still need another nunchuk and points card....then a real game....then ssbb....*sigh* I also want things that aren't just wii. I dunnow. Looks like I'll actually have to earn some money. *gasp!*

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Good luck finding those Wii Point cards. There's NONE out here, which is pretty absurd at this point now that more favorable games are becoming available.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
SPOILER : NINTENDO ****S ANOTHER BRICK!

So how will Wii fair when Halo 3 comes out? Metal Gear Solid 4?

Top Bottom