• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Sensai

Smash Master
Crimson King said:
Also, I really want to see the DS more interactive with the Wii. I mean they both have the Wifi connectivity, why not use it to it's potential?
I agree with this to endless amounts, but I think the thing that Nintendo is trying to avoid is having another Crystal Chronicles for the GC. You remember what it was like: 4 GBAs, then 4 links to the GC...it's just absurd. While the Wii to DS wouldn't be so crazy, it would still require players to have a DS.

Eh, maybe they're not thinking that. Maybe they're just slacking.

FireBomb said:
Heh, I wonder how many here would be interested in the first place.
I would. I loved the original FF:CC. It was a great party game, IMO, but was too hard to get rolling. Once it did get going, though, it was a good pasttime.
Crimson King said:
That's kind of what I was figuring. I was hoping that since the DS could host game mirrors from say Mario 64 DS, it could host minor information for say an inventory in Zelda, a Map in Prime, or something cool like that. Just a little interactivity would really boost them both, in my opinion.
I think that this sounds like a cool idea, but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't go through the (notably very small) trouble of getting my DS and Wii connected with one another just for small novelties. I'd do it once or twice, but not many more.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah, lately when my crew isn't smashing, we're playing Crystal Chronicles, so I have a fresh idea of how the menus, maps, and such should be organized. It's fun, but I'm starting to think we're never going to finish because everyone wants their best stuff...

We also used to play Four Swords, which I'd want to have that DS-Wii connectivity too in the same matter as FF:CC. But you know Nintendo, they're taking their sweet time.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I think that this sounds like a cool idea, but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't go through the (notably very small) trouble of getting my DS and Wii connected with one another just for small novelties. I'd do it once or twice, but not many more.
That's the main issue I'd say. But how about if they put like a mini-game or two for the DS connectivity. Nothing necessary but just a little something to make it as a reward for being loyal. Also, connectivity wouldn't be THAT hard since it's Wifi.

Zink

Smash Champion
Gamespot has mentioned that it iisn't that much fun to try to play DS on a TV screen, so it'd have to be the other way around, Four Swords style.
Anybody else think Heatseeker looks good? Apparently they're focusing on more of a blow-stuff-up simulator than a realistic combat flight sim.
Elebits, guys! It's fun! It's cute! It has horrible voice acting! But still fun!
I am somewhat amazed that nobody is playing Excite Truck anymore. If you keep playing it and increasing your skill, the range of stuff to do expands quite a lot.

Sensai

Smash Master
I never got Excite Truck, so therefore I cannot play it. No one who lives near me got it, either. Oh well.

And I have Elebits. It's fun, jeah, but it's not much to sustain anyone.

And Crimson, that's a good idea. Where do I sign?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That's kind of what I was figuring. I was hoping that since the DS could host game mirrors from say Mario 64 DS, it could host minor information for say an inventory in Zelda, a Map in Prime, or something cool like that. Just a little interactivity would really boost them both, in my opinion.
They did that with the GC and the GBA. Boy was that sucessful and popular and not at all gimicky. If they're going to use the DS with the Wii they need to do more than just have a map on it.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I went Wii-hunting today and I was successful!

I woke up at 720, showered, and got to Target at 750 and got a ticket (Target opens at 8). Some people there had been there since 6 o clock! I got Zelda and an extra full controller since I've heard they're hard to find.

I've played a little bit of Wii Sports and about an hour of Zelda. I'm trying to moderate myself since I have final exams coming up this week.

I need to find the password for my wireless network before I can get on the web. At least I know it can find the access point easily enough.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So I played Wario Ware last night with 9 people.

And I will admit-- this game really IS fun when you're playing with nine people. The max is 12. I still haven't managed to gather that many people yet, though.

Only problem is that it's so intense, and so fast, that your friends don't have time to put the Wii strap on when it gets passed to them...

My Wiimote went flying 20 feet and ended up in the kitchen. It survived, though... batteries just fell out. Battery cover didn't break.

BUT STILL! I'm now among those that have experienced flying Wiimote syndrome.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I need Wario Ware.
I'm gonna wait till Galaxy, or Prime: 3.

Haha Xsyven, at least your tv didnt break/girlfriend didnt get popped in the eye/hit a person out the window/broke your Wiimote.

And yes, those all happened. xD

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Only problem is that it's so intense, and so fast, that your friends don't have time to put the Wii strap on when it gets passed to them...
Haha. They tell you to wear it, but then tell you to go run over across the room, take off the strap, give it to your friend, have him put on the strap, and get into the form in half a second. I think they knew you couldn't wear the strap.

Screw the strap.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Haha. They tell you to wear it, but then tell you to go run over across the room, take off the strap, give it to your friend, have him put on the strap, and get into the form in half a second. I think they knew you couldn't wear the strap.

Screw the strap.
But then there's the minigame where all you have to do is 'Drop the Wiimote'.

...Nintendo wants us to buy more controllers.

Sensai

Smash Master
That's how they're going to get us: those controllers. Those cunning jerk-faces!

And I just got back from Target....they had like 10 PS3s there. I was shocked, haha. It's crazy...

We walked around back and there were 2 GameCubes. My friend goes 'Jeeze...the 'Cubes are selling better then the PS3s!'

Not true at all, but still a funny concept.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Guys, was there, by any chance, a wii there?... Just love when people tell me there are ps3 and no wiis, thus nintendo pwning sony... priceless...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
There were Wiis at some stores this morning. Don't know if they've lasted or not. But my local Walmart always has at least two PS3's. NEVER has any Wiis or Wiimotes.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm in desperate need of a Wii controller. Mine broke around a month and a half ago and I still haven't found any.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wii Remote and Nunchuks should be easier to find now that most people have the number they need/want. I'd recommend trying either Target or Toys R Us, because they seem to get more Remotes/Nunchuks more often than other stores. I would try avoiding Wal-Mart because they NEVER seem to have any accessories.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Thus as of today, my whole crew finally has a Wii. Nintendo is finally ahead of Sony, but they have a lot of work to get to if they wanna stay there.

Man, there's no Wii points available lately... I suggested using a credit card but my stubborn dad isn't comfortable having us giving out personal info. Do any of you feel the same or are his worries groundless?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Thus as of today, my whole crew finally has a Wii. Nintendo is finally ahead of Sony, but they have a lot of work to get to if they wanna stay there.

Man, there's no Wii points available lately... I suggested using a credit card but my stubborn dad isn't comfortable having us giving out personal info. Do any of you feel the same or are his worries groundless?
You can use a credit card to purchase Wii Points and there's basically no chance of his information being stolen, unless someone is watching you through a window or something...and you also get more choices and how much to purchase based on increments of 1000.

Has anyone seen this yet? I think it's pretty neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgt33Ax2bUY

Also, if anyone knows how to get a Wiimote working on a computer, could you give me a description of how to do it (what to download, crap like that).
According to his comments, he used a program called Frets on Fire which is a Guitar Hero simulator (as Stepmania is to DDR) and then created a script to use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. People have been messing around with the Wii and modding almost anything they can think up...the power of free time. :)

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
They did that with the GC and the GBA. Boy was that sucessful and popular and not at all gimicky. If they're going to use the DS with the Wii they need to do more than just have a map on it.
And the more they do with it, the less fun the game will be if you don't have a DS.

I don't think that they're going to make a game that requires the DS to play, and unless they do that, in-game DS/Wii connectivity can't be anything more than a gimmick.

D

Deleted member

And the more they do with it, the less fun the game will be if you don't have a DS.

I don't think that they're going to make a game that requires the DS to play, and unless they do that, in-game DS/Wii connectivity can't be anything more than a gimmick.
Eh, I could see a game where it included a Level Editor...

Take Brawl for example, with 3D environments but has 2D levels...you guys know what I mean.

I could see the DS being used as a way to draw levels, and have the game fill in the textures / 3D part of it, couldn't you?

Like...draw a couple lines, make a bridge between the two, and boom, you have a custom level.

No?

I dunno, I think that'd be pretty cool, and a lot easier to do with a stylus and a proper grip than using the wiimote to draw **** like that.

Sensai

Smash Master
Interesting idea, Delorted. Interesting...I could go for it. Possibly have the DS hook up to it to be used to create event matches? Hm...interesting.

Do any of you feel the same [about credit cards] or are his worries groundless?
My parents feel this way, and thus I'm stuck buying point cards. Alas, woe are we!

And Primusfan, I'm pretty sure I posted concerning all of that a long time ago. You need a program called GlovePie (which can be found using Google I'm sure) and some type of bluetooth receiver for your computer. I think. GlovePie'll fill in everything.

I'm not all that interested until there's a big break-through with the Wii homebrew scene....

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Credit card transactions over the Wii are completely secure (literally).

Zink

Smash Champion
Killer interview.
Notable quotable-
GP: Sony appears to be having difficulties moving a large number of PS3s. What, if anything, do you think is to blame for this? A high price? A lack of must-have games?

Fils-Aime: Happily, that's a question you'll have to put to Sony.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZING

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Reggie is the immortal god of Nintendo. In case no one knows, his last name is pronounced "Fee Ah-mee", or something real close to that. That's right, every part of his names rhyme with Wii.

Sensai

Smash Master
That's a good sign, especially since Reggie kicks infinite ***. Ok...news time!

Matt Casamassina revealed that Konami and EA are working on New Nintendo Wii games, Konami will be announcing this game in the next couple of weeks while EA will be announcing it next month.
http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii/nwii/konami-and-ea-new-wii-original-games-next-month/

Swear to God, if it's another Madden game....

Culture news! (This might be old to some people as it was out a day or two ago, but anyways, here it is. It's neat, IMO; Primus, if you liked the guitar, check this out!)

Believe it! Ocarina of Time being played with a Wii remote!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_8oMSyeepQ&eurl=

BE AMAZED!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Look kinda real to me, but how is he playing that on the laptop, just find it weird, and I noticed he does something like tilt the control to the right and takes a bit for the character to move, so I sitll dont know if its real or fake... kinda debating on it XD...

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
It's real. If you read the description and some of the comments he and other people made, they tell you what he did to make it work. Faking that would, like alot of the comments said, be much harder than doing it for real.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Reggie is the immortal god of Nintendo. In case no one knows, his last name is pronounced "Fee Ah-mee", or something real close to that. That's right, every part of his names rhyme with Wii.
Not that it's a big deal, but his last name is actually pronounced as 'Fees-ah-may'.

Stryks said:
Look kinda real to me, but how is he playing that on the laptop, just find it weird
I know we're not supposed to discuss them on this site, so lets just say he's using a program called Project64.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Paper Mario for the N64 was like, my LIFE until I got my Gamecube a year later. It was supposed to be the last game I get for the cube, but oh well, this twist gets my hopes up even more. I need another adventure to tide me over until Mario Galaxy comes out. Sure, the Paper Mario games may have been easy but they're fun and easy to get into, and I expect this one to be the same. What they need to do is take the world of the first Paper Mario, give it the comedic charms of Thousand Year Door, and mix that together with the Wii remote somehow and they'll have a great game.

EDIT: ^^^I guess 2 out of 3 names isn't bad...

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I used to pronounce it "fills aim" =/.

Super Paper Mario looks koolers. I'll probably get it very soon after it's released. Seems like such a stoner game xD.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I've never much been into the Paper Mario series... is there any reason whatsoever as to why it's paper?

Is it a popup book or something?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yeah that's basically what Thousand-Year Door was, pop-ups. It focused on paper a lot more than the N64 version. You could become a paper airplane, sailboat, tube, and could squeeze inbetween narrow spaces like prison bars. The battles were fun because an audience was watching, and you had to entertain them by sucessfully attacking the enemy. Your crowd got bigger and bigger in time, sometimes the throw helpful items and you, sometimes they throw garbage, it depends. It's chatty, but it has the humor of the Mario & Luigi series, which I also love. :)

Top Bottom