• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Reioumu

Smash Lord

GG, got two in one day 2 weeks ago :). I didn't buy it online either <_<. It's in the box for safety though <_<

Right now I am creating an army of Mii's with the same skin, hair, and shirt color. I'm making an army >:D

Stryks

Smash Hero
Indeed too much awesomness in a single room could create a paradox in the time space continuem... just saw back 2 the future part 1 and 2, what did u expect?? lol anyway why do u have 2???

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Indeed too much awesomness in a single room could create a paradox in the time space continuem... just saw back 2 the future part 1 and 2, what did u expect?? lol anyway why do u have 2???
I sent one to my brother in V-Tech.

But during the week before I shipped it, time slowed down in my living room from the awesome aura coming from the boxes.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey is there anyone else out there who has been taking internet connections from routers that aren't even theirs? You know, from your neighbor or someone like that? Can they notice you taking theirs, or is it even legal? o_o I don't want to have the first offense on my recond say "Illegal Wii usage." Ok so maybe it won't get that bad, but it's actually kinda funny that my Wii gets better connection than my friends'.

Achieved:1,000 posts!
Techincally it's illegal but I think there's been about... 0 citations for it. Basically, if your neighbor is not the NSA or a techincally inclined super haxer, they won't even notice it.

It is morally wrong though, but screw that.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
HOLY EFFIN' CRAP. EVERYONE REJOICE, FOR THE WII OFFICIALLY KICKS ALL SORTS OF *** WITH THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Guilty Gear Accent Core coming to Wii

Gentlemen, for those of you who don't know, Guilty Gear is a old-school 2D fighting game that is deeper, more complex, more balanced, and more fun than Smash is. Although the news above isn't exactly definitive--and may even be false, since Gamefly seems like a rather strange source to cite--I think that it's OK to get our hopes up.

If this news is true, then we can expect that the Wii is actually getting the attention of game developers who prefer 2D games. . .meaning that fighters, select 2D-genre games like Castlevania or puzzles, will find their home on the Wii. Hooray!

Zink

Smash Champion
IMO, Guilty Gear was the best of the old school 2D fighters, but you can't really compare Smash to it. Eithe rway, from what I've heard it was one of the best fighting games ever.
In addition, Super Mario World is now on VC.

Sensai

Smash Master
Volrec said:
Why do you have 2? The amount of awesomeness in one area could destroy your house, so you better calm that **** down.
Hilarious.

And sadly, I'm hoping for a Phoenix Wright game on the Wii. No, it's not going to happen, but it doesn't stop me from dreaming.

Or Okami...oh wait!

Sensai

Smash Master
Mecko, go into your router's wireless settings and there should be something about a 'channel.' It'll probably be set on 6. Change it to either 1 or 11 (it doesn't matter, and I'm too dumb to figure out what it is anyways), and give it about 3 or so minutes to reset itself.

It should work after that.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I hope since Acccent Core is already in arcades, they won't find a way to screw it up like they did the DS game. Don't get me wrong, I liked dust strikers, but for an entirely multiplayer and story based game it had no tangible plotline, no wifi, and no download play. Not to mention the controls were kind of screwed up. Next time we make an original GG, don't try to copy smash, stick to a 2D arcade fighter.

Volrec

Smash Lord
My favorite part about Budokai is that ever since I've stopped watching anime forever, I could catch up with my DBZ life, which is the only anime I actually like.

My Wiimote friggin died from the countless hours of Dragon Pursuiting. :D
It's a masher at times, but, eh. INTTTEENSE

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
New message last night? So, back to the old issue...Is the wriststra- oh wait, new one. Guess not. Gosh, how dumb must you be to THROW (slip) your wiimote hard enough to break strong fabric enough to fly into a tv 10 ft in front of you. Right.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Some new Fire Emblem: The Goddess of Dawn Japanese commercials have been put up. Be warned, parts of it contain spoilers since they show some returning characters from Path of Radiance as well as critical hits and gameplay. Needless to say, if you've never played a Fire Emblem game, I urge you to try one of the ones on GBA or Path of Radiance on Gamecube.

Goddess of Dawn commercial 1
Goddess of Dawn commercial 2

Also, if you've received a message in the past couple days, it is probably from Nintendo regarding the replacement straps, use caution when playing games, etc.

Chip.

you know what to do
Aww man :(. I've played every Fire Emblem game that has hit the U.S. so I suppose looking at these 'commercials' will just... spoil everything hmmm?

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Oh God, I can't wait to get my hands on this new Fire Emblem. I've been a fan of the series since I discovered it thanks to SSBM. I have pretty high hopes for this game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Aww man :(. I've played every Fire Emblem game that has hit the U.S. so I suppose looking at these 'commercials' will just... spoil everything hmmm?
Well, watching the commercials won't "spoil everything," but it will give away some of the returning characters because the clips do show them fighting. There's even more info out there via scans of new characters, more returning characters from PoR, and even new classes and weapons. It really all depends on your definition of spoiler. The heavy spoilers won't start coming in until the Japanese release date of Feb 22. As for North America, Nintendo has been hush-hush about the release date still saying only Q2 2007, which really isn't that far away.

Also, Guitar Hero for Wii

Sensai

Smash Master
Paranoid Android said:
Hmm... Wonder what kind of Guitar the Wii will get. If I remember correctly, the PS3 got a Fender Strat, and the XBox got a Flying V. Will the Wii get a Les Paul? We can only hope.
Quoted and reposted just on the hopes/off chance that the developers are reading this and missed this comment. Give us a Les Paul!

And yes, Wii (and maybe the DS) are getting a Guitar Hero. Whaddya think, fellas? I myself am hoping for the Wii remote to be somehow inserted into the guitar, making the motion of the guitar transfer onscreen. It would make making a fool of yourself even more fun! (It sounds sarcastic, but I meant it seriously.)

I hope it's not a port....

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
God, this Guitar Hero news is amazing. My friends and I are obsessed with Guitar Hero. Now I'll be able to get more practice and catch up with my one friend (who somehow can beat Free Bird on expert).

Even if it's just a port, it'll be great. Guitar Hero is an ultimate party game.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Hmm... Wonder what kind of Guitar the Wii will get. If I remember correctly, the PS3 got a Fender Strat, and the XBox got a Flying V. Will the Wii get a Les Paul? We can only hope.
The 360 is getting the X-plorer model. GH2 comes out for 360 in late March/early April. Going to be dope. I really want that and DDR Universe.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Hmm. . .I've never played Guitar Hero before, though I've heard many a good thing about it. . .looks fun, too. I'm actually playing guitar in real life; I wonder if playing Guitar Hero would actually help me learn real guitar? :chuckle:

primusfan

Smash Ace
Hmm. . .I've never played Guitar Hero before, though I've heard many a good thing about it. . .looks fun, too. I'm actually playing guitar in real life; I wonder if playing Guitar Hero would actually help me learn real guitar? :chuckle:
No, it wouldn't help. I play guitar, and I own in Guitar Hero. Playing Guitar Hero is just for fun.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Now I gotta learn how to play guitar. A lot of my friends are obsessed with the game, and I've never even touched it. Anyone been to a Guitar Hero tournament? There's going to be one held at my local game store this weekend. And while they're rockin, I'll be at home feeling left out. . .

Zink

Smash Champion
I'm calling it right now- default control setup for GH on Wii is remote in left hand, nunchuck in right. The remote is held sideways pointing up and to the left, buttons up. The directional keys and A can be frets, B can be whatever, and the nunchuck hand you use to strum the remote hand, as a guitar, with C and Z being usable buttons. I don't really know what the buttons in GH do :/

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I don't know if it has been discussed in detail or not (I left soon after posting about this issue). I finally figured out how to make controller sync easy! There are probably dozens out there who already know, but I'm slow, so be nice. I'm just letting everyone else know.

Using the red buttons on the back of Wii remote and on the front of the Wii console allow a permanent sync of sorts. By doing that, any controller can join the fun simply by pushing a button (usually 'A') in the future. If you haven't done this yet, sync one controller at a time until all four are in. Turn the Wii off and back on (or do a 'reconnect'), press any button on the controllers, and they should sync in like 2 seconds.

I'm happy now. ^_^

primusfan

Smash Ace
I'm calling it right now- default control setup for GH on Wii is remote in left hand, nunchuck in right. The remote is held sideways pointing up and to the left, buttons up. The directional keys and A can be frets, B can be whatever, and the nunchuck hand you use to strum the remote hand, as a guitar, with C and Z being usable buttons. I don't really know what the buttons in GH do :/
In my opinion, what I think they should create a new guitar controller that connects to the Wiimote the same way the nunchuk or classic controller does. The neck of the guitar should have a slot on the back to place the Wiimote in, thus giving the guitar controller motion sensing.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wii play got a score of 5.5 on IGN, its saddens me, and that alones makes me no not get it, many will buy it cause of a free controlle,r but I rather save for sonic maybe or some other game... Any idea when will the game developers conference willbe? they may show some clips of metroid prime 3, mario galaxy or hell maybe a new SSBB trailer (we can only hope)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
New channel is available for download in the Shop Channel.. It's called Everybody Votes channel. I don't have much info on it right now since I haven't used it yet, but it seems like it can be used to ask questions and make suggestions. Get downloading. :)

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
Using the red buttons on the back of Wii remote and on the front of the Wii console allow a permanent sync of sorts. By doing that, any controller can join the fun simply by pushing a button (usually 'A') in the future. If you haven't done this yet, sync one controller at a time until all four are in. Turn the Wii off and back on (or do a 'reconnect'), press any button on the controllers, and they should sync in like 2 seconds.

I'm happy now. ^_^
Is there another way? When I got my second controller I just looked at the instructions and it told me to press the red sync buttons.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Well, i'm on the new, "Everybody Votes" channel and it's pretty strange. It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like. You vote on polls and topics.

Top Bottom