• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
SCrew the internet channel, it always freezes on me.
I use it for FPS flash games on new grounds
Yea, it always freezes on me too, but I think when the full version comes out it will stop doing it. For a while I thought something was wrong with my wii cause it kept freezing on the internet.

What I think they are going to do with the full version is improve the zooming, tabbed browsing, no freezing, and i'm not really sure what else they would put in.

Sensai

Smash Master
Crap, did I not post about the internet channel thing?

Anyways, here's a link to some stuff concerning what all it will do, courtsey of (you guessed it) Joystiq.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/26/details-and-pics-of-wii-internet-channel-final-version/

And here's the actual website...thing.

http://us.wii.com/story_internet.jsp

Joystiq said:
Auto-hide toolbar
Display cursors from multiple Wii remotes (though only Player 1 can actually click)
Favorites page immediately accessible
Improved website compatibility
Improved zoom leaves text crisp at all levels
New and better scroll interface
Search button on the toolbar
Start up time decreased by 5 seconds
URL text (www and com) easily accessible

FireBomb

Smash Lord
He will when he's ready! Give him some room!

Anyway, even though the Internet Channel will be more accessible, I'll probably still rarely use it when the majority of us have computers that operate just as well. . . and I don't want to make my Vista jealous.

Stryks

Smash Hero
WTF is going on with da wii? the last semi-good review I saw was for wario ware on IGN, the latest games have gotten bad reviews *sigh*, we need more 1st party games...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
WTF is going on with da wii? the last semi-good review I saw was for wario ware on IGN, the latest games have gotten bad reviews *sigh*, we need more 1st party games...
Which is why you better get your hands on Super Paper Mario. Only 2 weeks to go! And hoo-rah for NiGHTS! This better not be their idea of an April Fools joke. And they're right... the fact that it's going to be developed by the American Sega team has me worried already.

Sensai

Smash Master
Hiatus?! No! Who's going to want my babies?!

And the modern Sega team worries me too. But I think The Secret Rings was (somewhat) of a comeback for them, and Sonic Rush for the DS was just downright good, so I have a little faith.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont know, Im usually one of those that wants mutliplayer games, preferably fighting games and FPS, so im aking to get MK armageddon, I heard that on the ps2 is really good, and with the wii controls it will pwn XD, still I do make exceptions for games like LOZ, Metroid prime and others, still Im gonna wait a while and see if Super paper mario is good and buy it, which will probably will...

Sensai

Smash Master
Mic, that comic will always hold a special place in my heart from the first time I saw it, a few days after the launch of the almost useless channel.

I honest to God near pissed my pants reading that the first time.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Well, IGN just recently posted a new hands-on with Super Paper Mario, and I'm pretty psyched about it. Aside from the relatively innovative 2D-3D mechanic, it seems as if typical Mario RPG humor is being injected into the game. See for yourself:

IGN said:
Peach can float and she's a "babe," as one boss describes her. (This toad-like entity is the ultimate nerd and through clever writing we learn that he has a collection of videogames and comics, records all of his favorite television shows, and so on. He reminds us of many of our sad, pathetic friends. At one point, the boss says he's going to write angry messages about videogames he's never played on the message boards - it's obvious Nintendo frequents the Internet. The sappy enemy sees Peach and nearly has a mental meltdown since he has never encountered a real, live babe before. He can only communicate with her by bringing up his laptop and pretending to engage her RPG style.)
HOLY CRAP. I AM SO BLOODY GETTING THIS GAME. :laugh:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Good, Partners in time seemed less funny, looks like they've given the series a healthy injection. :)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So, I'm thinking about getting SSX Blur.

Anyone played it? I've looked at reviews everywhere, and they're all mixed. Some say that it ruins the franchise, and others say it's a breath of fresh air.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
So, I'm thinking about getting SSX Blur.

Anyone played it? I've looked at reviews everywhere, and they're all mixed. Some say that it ruins the franchise, and others say it's a breath of fresh air.
I'm interested in Blur as well. Anybody whose played it, please tell me how it is.

Super Paper Mario looks great, and I'm definetly gonna get it, I really hope the badge system isn't gone. I don't know for sure if they are in or not, because everything I've read on it doesn't mention the wonderful badges at all. I think it would be a huge mistake taking them out, so if anybody can relieve my fears, that'd be wonderful.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
SO going back to the NiGHTS business, here's the supposed next issue of gamereactor magazine, courtesy of jeux-france, a respectable website.

Notice it actually doesn't say NiGHTS for Wii any where on the cover. It just says exclusive on NiGHTS.

But I'm praying its not an april fools photoshopped picture.

Sensai

Smash Master
No, ChRed, it's not like I posted a link to that picture on the page right before this. Go head, take the credit. :-D

I think it's real. My reasoning behind this is that after it was uploaded on the internet, the area where the purple guy is right there was taken out and replaced with a silhouette, except spelled correctly.

Also, for those hopeful of Sonic in Brawl, I have something that might be a slight clue to his appearence in it: another game where Mario and Sonic are side by side.

'Mario and Sonic At the Olympic Games'
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/28/sonic-and-mario-team-up-for-the-olympics/

I don't think that's the official title, as the actual webpage lists Sonic first, but the banner says Mario first. But, you get the idea.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
and no, its not like someone else already made a thread for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, but go ahead, take the credit. :-D

Sorry for not looking back. w/e. besides, directly posting the image is more of an attention grabber. :D. No one responded at all, even though this is a pretty big deal.

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah, dunno why no one responded..../tear. Guess you people just don't love me.

I mentioned the Sonic/Mario/Olympic thing here just in order to bring it to attention to people on this thread, who might not visit other threads (I tend not to search other threads in the Light House).

SO going back to the NiGHTS business, here's the supposed next issue of gamereactor magazine, courtesy of jeux-france, a respectable website.

Notice it actually doesn't say NiGHTS for Wii any where on the cover. It just says exclusive on NiGHTS.

But I'm praying its not an april fools photoshopped picture.
It's possible in both directions...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
A lot of people aren't freaking out about NiGHTS because not a lot of people actually had a Saturn.

I hear it's a cult classic, as well. Do you think those that didn't play it way back when would like it, or do you think those that played the first one are the only ones that will truly love it due to nostalgia?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'd say its safe to say it'd be fun for most people. I haven't played it, but the friends i have who played it loved it, and from what i've seen/read of the story and gameplay, the game seems really good.

Sensai

Smash Master
Sega just said that they're going to be trying to make Sonic more 'contemporary' again, and are going to not release a game with him in it for a while. That's good news, so far as I'm concerning.

EBGames has a Resident Evil 4 for the Wii coming out on June 25th, for 30 bucks. I'll be picking that game up for sure...especially if it's got a (good) control scheme for the Wii specifically.

And, for those of you who enjoy the idea of DJing with your Wii remote, rumors state that the owner of Wiijing.com has been talked to by Nintendo, and the idea, along with the site, has been purchased so that a future game might come of it.

Not sure I buy the idea, though...check it out.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/03/29/djwiij-com-bought-by-nintendo/

Sensai

Smash Master
****. I didn't beat him to the punch. Ah, well, I have other news (not quite as exciting...).

Here are some VC games due out sometime soon...

Bravoman 600
Bonk's Revenge
Battle Lode Runner
Shockman 600

Below are other area's VC lists. The reason I post about European and Japanese VC is in hopes that it will be here shortly, so if you're truly not interested, then don't worry about looking.

Japanese VC games for the month of April:

Punch Out
Elevator Action
Final Soldier
Milon’s Secret Castle
Gradius 2
Ninja Gaiden
Final Fight
Kirby Bowl (Kirby’s Dream Course)
Hercules no Eikou III
Star Fox 64
Rent a Hero
Puyo Puyo Tsuu
Pulseman
Bahamut Senki
PC Genjin 2 (Bonk’s Revenge)
Narazumono Sentou Butai: Bloody Wolf
Syubibin Man 2
Benkei Gaiden
PC Denjin (Air Zonk)

European VC games for today (Friday):

Punch Out
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Dragon Curse

ALSO, a question/observation for anyone who's purchased Military Madness:
On 9. February, 2007, we released an updated version of the TurboGrafx-16 game, “Military Madness”,
which was originally released for the Wii Virtual Console on December 22, 2006.
This update was to improve some of the aspects of the game to make it even closer to the original.

Customers who have already purchased “Military Madness” for the Wii Virtual Console are able to download the updated version free of cost.
Customers are able to use their current Save Data with the updated version and will be able to continue playing where they left off.
What happened? Is there any difference at all? Or what?

[Edit:]

Oh, one more also. WalMart AND Toys 'R' Us will be having Wiis in stock this Sunday. Figured I'd include this for anyone who happens ot have not managed to grab one thus far.

It looks like every Walmart will have a minimum of 7 per store...

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
I've never played the NiGHTS game before. Could anyone explain to me what the story was about and what you could do in it because I am a bit interested in this new one.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Aaannyways...

Hmm...does anybody think that there will be another new adition Monday? *coughinternetchannelcough*

It's been said that it will be out in early early, because after april, it'll cost 5 USD.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah...duh....darn months and their mix-upness...eh.

Well, I only have 2 games for wii. What game should I get. I have a ton of VC games, but....few wii games...

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Oh, it's coming out the ninth?! Yeyh.

Thanks, that's my pick!

EDIT: Oh, and I just read an interview from wii.com, and internet channel (full version) is coming out around mid-april. Man.

Top Bottom