• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'd like it removable. I don't want to have to ring my whole console (or buy a memory card) if i want to play a game at a mates place.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Bringing the whole console just to play with friends? Nintendo is always about being family-friendly and being able to play with friends (and not just over the internet, although that's slowly changing). That would be inconvenient in the extreme, I don't see how Nintendo won't have SOME kind of removable memory card.

*EDIT* If the Revolution had, say, a HANDLE on the back of it, I might argue otherwise, but with no easy way to transport the console, I think it's likely that a removable memory card will be available.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
mic_128 said:
I'd like it removable. I don't want to have to ring my whole console (or buy a memory card) if i want to play a game at a mates place.
If it was removable, chances are it would just be like a memory card, and you'd probably have to buy it separate anyway...so bonus internal memory would be cooler IMO...

McFox...what's stopping you from just picking it up without a handle? It'll be the smallest console on the market, hella more portable than the others...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
instead of bringing the console, you could just e-mail the game data or bring it over on the card, then stick it in your friends rev. voila. easy transport, plus you never have to bring any data again since its now on your friends rev or his comp.

so i vote internal.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Guess I should've put that "[/sarcasm]" tag at the end of my post. I made that comment because I still think it's ridiculous that the Gamecube has a HANDLE on it, as if just picking it up to transport it was difficult.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Fierce Deity Vegeta said:
If it was removable, chances are it would just be like a memory card, and you'd probably have to buy it separate anyway...so bonus internal memory would be cooler IMO...

McFox...what's stopping you from just picking it up without a handle? It'll be the smallest console on the market, hella more portable than the others...
have you ever tried to carry 3 dvd cases at once?! It's bloody hard! I always have to stop after around 6 feet after i start and take a breather!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Email game data? Why bother unlocking anything? why bother playing? Just download the completed save files.

Plus, hey, who else wants to have their data corupted while Emailing them? Anyone?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
mic, so you bring it over directly on the card.

plus it won't corrupt the original data. besides, your friends data and yours are separate files. so until he gets the the game use your data, then when your friend gets the data, have him delete yours. just like on the cube with memory cards. if i wanted to play my friend in SCII at his house bu he didn't have the game, i'd bring my memory card, and possibly copy the data to his card for later days. when he gets thegame, he erases the SCII data and we start using his.

it's simple.

EvilEvincar

Smash Journeyman
Going off of Wikipedia, Sega, Konami, Capcom, Ubisoft, Square-Enix, and Bandai have pledged support. However, none of them have revealed any games for the Revolution.
I do think multiplatform games such as the Next-gen Sonic and Resident Evil 5 will make to Revolution in some form, but they are staying mum because of the **** NDAs. As long as the controller is still a secret, we won't be hearing any game announcements from third parties. That alone shows just how much Nintendo really needs to reveal the **** thing; it's just bad publicity (worse, non-existant publicity) that the Revolution is a no-show on such announcements.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Well, Square-Enix did announce Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Revolution.

All i'm praying for is online, and multiplayer without the DS/GBA.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube wasn't that good. It was a little bit fun, but the fact that you needed GBA's and one guy always had to hold the lantern ticked me off a bit. But online and with the regular Revolution controller has potential.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Crystal Chronicles was good other than having to go through each dungeon so many times to be able to get the best weapons, armor, etc. TGS is next week I'm pretty sure... we'll soon see if Nintendo is going to drop the bomb or not.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Vir_Iratus said:
Ne1 else get the mental image of two arguing HK-47 droids from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic???
Wow, Vir, this is the first time I saw you post without elipses. Weird.

Anyway, I hope they come out with an Earthbound sequal on the Revolution. I heard some people saying there was going to be sequal on the 'Cube, but I dunno...

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
Zook said:
Wow, Vir, this is the first time I saw you post without elipses. Weird.

Anyway, I hope they come out with an Earthbound sequal on the Revolution. I heard some people saying there was going to be sequal on the 'Cube, but I dunno...
I aim to please when people get pissed at my writing, but ONLY when they get pissed at my writing. Whenever the get mad about something else, I just brush them off. So you're lucky somebody got ticked off by my writing, else I'd be using more ellipses than you, period.

As far as earthbound goes, I love that game, and would love to see a good rendition of it on the Rev. I never played all the way through any of the games, but the NES version reminds me so much of the original FF. Its just plain awesome. Brings me back to the good 'ole glory days of the 8 bit system. Sure, the Atari had its moments, but back then, Nintendo dominated, and they still do. They'll probably make some type of Earthbound for Rev, but that makes me wonder. Did they ever make one for GC? (don't crucify me if they did and I didn't know. I don't usually keep up with any new releases or games unless its one of my favorites.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
Actually Mother 3 was announced and in the works for Gamecube, but it was cancelled. There were even a couple screenshots if I remember correctly...I'll see if I can dig 'em up.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Chris of STARS, what you're probably thinking of was a Mother 3 demo on the N64 from an E3 many years ago. There were a few screenshots released, but the project was first delayed because of "technical difficulties", then some other stuff, then finally it was just dropped completely.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, well...Iwata's keynote speech will be 50 minutes long, and you know I'm gonna download it and watch it ASAP.

Iwata will be delivering it on the 16th at 11:00 am, but that's Japanese time, so it'll be the evening of the 15th for us. I don't know if there will be any live streaming, but I know IGN (and probably Gamespot, too) will have the speech available for download shortly afterward, being the awesome gaming news sites they are.

So, if Nintendo has any sense, they'll release some info to get people's attention.

Here's hopin'. Nintendo MAY be in 3rd place, and they may continue to be in 3rd place, but...

They're still around. There's a reason for that.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
well over all they are in 1st(20 years in the business is the reason why). but if your talking about only the 3 NEW systems, i think N5 will be 2nd. 360=Halo 2=massive hype=3rd place.

EvilEvincar

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to quote myself here (mostly because it's off my blog) but here is what I think we'll see of the Revolution at TGS:

1) The controller won't be seen. It's features may be ambigously discussed, but it won't be shown. I hope this isn't true, but I see the odds against that hope

2) The final form of the Revolution console will be shown, as well as it's final name

3) Nintendo will give out more details on their download service, now including at least Genesis games into the mix, if not one or two more Sega systems

4) The online service will be revealed in full, although focused on the DS's online capabilities

5) The phrase "kicking *** and taking names" won't be used at all

Ok, the last one wasn't about the Revolution and was something I put in just so then I can't possibly get 0%.
Anyone taking up the bet?

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, Iwata's keynote speech is later today. I'll update the first post of this topic with any news on the Revolution as quickly as possible.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Sm00th_Crim1nal said:
Economic suicide and 3rd party murder
Actually, Nintendo has already shown the controller to 3rd parties.

Anyway, I don't think that Nintendo will be in 3rd. Maybe 2nd, but not third. Unless all gamers start to care about having good graphics more than good games...

Sony will proboly just add a R4 and L4 button that will be used as much as R3 and L3 and make the graphics better. Xbox may thrown in a bit of innovation, but they'll still focus on making blood-so-real-you-can-taste-it games and graphics. Personally, I don't know why Sony and Microsoft are just focusing of graphics. I mean, the graphics on all of the current 3 systems are good enough. Its proboly because the only care about making money. Both companies make different products, while Nintendo revolves around the purpose of the video game.

Off-topic, I'd like to see Sega make a suprised comback, make a 5th-gen console, and put all other systems out of buisness. Not that I like Sega more than Nintendo, I don't, it would just be kinda funny...

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
McFox said:
A company whose purpose is to make money? The *******s.
Yeah, that post of mine came out a bit fuzzy, McFox. What I ment to say was that sony and Microsoft do not care about their gamers. Just raking in the money of their overprised consoles.

Invincible Fox

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Zook because all Microsoft wants is player's money. It's obvious because the Xbox never comes out with any come out at you kind of games, just a bunch of little ones that look good at first but then you play them and they're horrible! I believe that (Xbox owners I'm sorry) without the Halo series the Xbox would be completely in the toilet... But hey it's only my opinion

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
he has a good point, while Nintendo obviously needs the money, and is looking to gain, nothing and I mean nothing compares to Microsoft's money grubbing hands. Mr. Monopoly is probably rolling in his fictional grave over what they've done. Sony, not so much as Microsoft, but they arent high on my list either.

On a side note, the only games I really like for the Xbox I can get for the PC. and the PC is better. Morrowind and Doom3. And Oblivion is already said to look and preform better on the PC then the 360.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
UndrDog - http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143083&did=1

Zook & Invincible Fox - Stop being such fanboys. Every company wants your money and that's it. Don't go thinking Nintendo is any different than Sony or Microsoft. They're trying to "revolutionize" the gaming experience because they want more money. Nintendo doesn't care about you. Sony doesn't care about you. Microsoft doesn't care about you.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
And so the speech should have started a few mins ago...

Anybody happen to know where I could find it streaming ^_^
Or at least know where I can download it afterwards?

bcaswctsbc

Smash Journeyman
IGN has keynote bits n' pieces being updated every so often, but as far as I know I've been unable to find a stream. They figure most everyone will be asleep by now anyway. :)

And its not like Pikmin has been overused, but #3 might not seem as unique as the first game. Besides, a few years were between Pikmin and Pikmin 2, so I wouldn't worry.

EDIT:

Iwata says Nintendo has built a bigger game population in three ways: Famicom Mini (shows commercials). GB Micro. Promises more shipments next week. Then he mentioned it was Mario's Birthday week. Miyamoto stands up. Number three, Iwata says, is Nintendo DS.

Iwata mentions "touch generation" games such as Nintendogs and Brain Trainer.

Top Bottom