• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
Cashed said:
Would you really want to watch a keynote speech of Iwata speaking Japanese for 50 minutes?
Aww, man, I wouldn't understand a word he would be saying :( . Oh well, off to ign.com

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Cashed said:
Would you really want to watch a keynote speech of Iwata speaking Japanese for 50 minutes?
I wouldn't mind ^_^

But yeah, as bcaswctsbc said, I'm concerned with the visual things as well.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
JediMasterYoda98 said:
"Revolution" will not be the console's final name.
You know that? The final name for the next gen console may not have been decided yet, but who's to say that the codename "Revolution" isn't going to stick.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
yeah I suppose my trip to Bethesda wasnt that benificial... Gameplay is always better on the PC, its a fact of life. A controller can't handle the TES games. That and the highest detail settings with a high-end PC destroys what the 360 can dish out. Oh and that page says nothing about what the PC will do. As of right now, the release of next generation video cards have yet to be released, nor have its related components. All that says is that the best of the last generation computers will be as good as the 360. woohoo, can't wait for my new computer to be from that last generation. What you have in that segment is a selective review to boast Microsoft's sales and grip over other companies. Well according to my cousin anyway, one of the many, but not distanced level designers the game will preform better with the next generation of PCs. Of course, unless you have someone who can make you a computer on the cheap, or can make one yourself you're gonna be deep in the hole.

On the next topic, there are people and companies out there who's prime goal is to satisfy customers with their products. Though I can't say that Nintendo is one of these for sure, I believe they are. Sony may be one aswell.

Edit: wow, so many posts in such little time.

Invincible Fox

Smash Journeyman
I believe in Nintendo fully when they say that the Revolution will make waves in gaming. I don't care if a sound like a fanboy, so Nintendo is cool everyone knows that some just more than others. I back the Revolution fully just as I had the GCN's back when it first came out. I'll also bet that Super Smash Bros. Melee Revolution will be the best next gen game of 2006.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
IGN says Iwata unveiled the controller. They say more info and high-rez pics will be shown in roughly 8 minutes.

Revolution controller looks like futuristic television remote.
Glossy white design.
Looks Apple iPod inspired.
Controller is held in one hand. Attachments in the other.
Attachments connect to the bottom of the controller. Iwata shows analog stick attachment.
Thinking about packing Revolution with the main controller and attachment, Iwata says.
Controller acts like a mouse in real-space 3D. Pefect for FPS games!
Future attachments planned.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
# Revolution controller looks like futuristic television remote.
# Glossy white design.
# Looks Apple iPod inspired.
# Controller is held in one hand. Attachments in the other.
# Attachments connect to the bottom of the controller. Iwata shows analog stick attachment.
# Thinking about packing Revolution with the main controller and attachment, Iwata says.
# Controller acts like a mouse in real-space 3D. Pefect for FPS games!
# Future attachments planned.

... WTF Nintendo...

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
SSB3 w/ a remote control? Maybe you can still play it with the Gamecube controller...

*Cries*

Invincible Fox

Smash Journeyman
Some people believe that the Revolution's controller will have a touch screen (hmm I'm thinking DS) however at Gamespy.com I found a handy little article saying that Nintendo has a patent for Gyrosensor that way you'll be able to turn the camera by turning the controller. That is the sweetest idea to the controller since shoulder buttons. My bad my PC didn't update so I didn't see the controller pic

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I'm looking forward to it, honestly. There are a lot of initial negative reactions that I've seen on the hub and otherwise, but I think it's mostly because they try to imagine themselves playing with it without really knowing what it's like. There's also the whole thing with thinking about playing something with a remote, but from reading the articles I think it looks promising.

Also in the speech, Iwata mentioned that more info would be given on the Wi-Fi services in October. So that's the next time to look for. Hopefully we can get some clips of the first game demos...

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I hoe theres a special Smash attachment included with the game... But hte attachhment idea could yield some interesting ideas... Maybe they'll let us use GCN controllers for some games too. But based on this, I don't know...

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
Well..Nintendo stated awhile back that they were looking into ways to make older Gamecube games compatible with Revolution's Wi-Fi capabilities...if they found a way to put SSBM online through Revolution, we could just play that for the rest of our lives...I'd be happy.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
*Practices moving his right wrist to run and jump for SSB3*

*Realizes he's done this motion before...but where...*

0_0

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
I suppose I've gained a reputation as a Nintendo critic around here, as I have been outspoken in my belief that Nintendo is a somewhat backwards company.

The Nintendo Revolution controller, in my opinion, will probably be really, really cool. Everyone else here just says "LOLWTF TV Remote IMO." Read up on it and consider the possibilities of what it can, especially for FPS games or even something like Zelda. You will be directing the sword, aiming the gun, etc.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh sheesh, this is the exact same reaction everyone had when Nintendo announced the DS. "OMIGOSH WHAT IS NINTENDO THINKING THAt'S SO STUPID THEYV LOST THEIR MINDS OH NOES!!111!11!!eleven"

Don't start whining about it before you even try it. Personally I think it looks at least fun at any rate. Anyway, I'll be working on the first page now...

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
well now that the revo control is released, i can finaly say that the rev will do pretty dang good. the possiblities of that control is just huge.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
it will work fine.

many people complained about the GCN control.....they got over it and if they didnt they just didnt play GCN.

and the XBOX control.....u need to have a 800lbs obese hand to use that puppy. but people got over it and used the S type.

the revo control looked gay at 1st, but after a bit of research and a bit of thinking....it will be great for MP3 and SSB:R, so im happy.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Honestly, I don't see the draw to it. I would have rather seen GAMES FOR THE GAME CONSOLE. But I am a little bit of an idealist.

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
It will work fine for new innovative games, you may see some very cool things come out for this. But they've done what nintendo has always done. When N64 came out, they completely changed around the gameplay of all their games. A world of 2D side scroller replaced. Then they reuse old titles, which people buy, even though the gameplay won't be the same, and people still crave these games that aren't even the same games. They shouldn't realy have completely changed around their gaming system when all they can sell are old titles.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Okay. Go pick up your TV remote. Imagine using it for a videogame. I'm not worrying about what it can do right now, but go pick up your TV remote. Can you imagine using that to play games for hours on end? I just don't see how it'll be comfortable. The Great Marth, the GCN controller and the Xbox controller were nothing like this, you didn't hold a piece of the controller in each hand. The buttons weren't arranged like this. This is totally different.

Will the Revolution be getting ports of 3rd party games also released on Xbox 360 and PS3?.. With this controller it doesn't look like it. There's what? 6 buttons on the right portion of the controller?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
People keep talking about "Oh it'll be great to for swinging your sword, imagine controlling Link's movements!" Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need something to control the camera, no? Some C-stick of a sort that'll swing the camera around you, then a control stick to make your character run...if the RC controls the camera, what controls the sword? The standard A-button would be my guess...

Also, take your hand and stick it out. Now move it to the right, pretending your moving your character to the right. Okay, now your hand is starting to go far to the right. Okay, now you're holding your hand out. In order to not get up and turn around to keep going right, you'll have to move your hand back to the center of your chest so you can start moving it to the right again. But when you move it back, you'll go back to the beginning, won't you? With a mouse you can pick it up off the mousepad, move it, place it down, then move again...but with the RevCon...what do you do?

HeroOfTime

BRoomer
BRoomer
There are so many things going through my head right now. Possibilities are endless. But so are the negatives. I really need to see it in action though.

I just can't imagine using that and playing a full-fledged game of Metroid Prime 3 for hours on end and being immersed in the game and not worrying about how to use the **** controller. =\

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well Sponge got it right. Huh.

I must admit, not what I was expecting. I'm just stunned, and unfortunately, I'm quite woried. Nintendo wanted to be able to encourage non-gamers to play games and make the controller less complex.

Doesn't really look like it. It seems to be scaring those who ARE gamers, so what are non-gamers going to think? And Osco, that link's not working. Over-traffic?

EDIT: "Nintendo mentioned that the remote control can be fitted inside a larger, more conventional controller shell as well."

And colours

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Aye, I fear that Nintendo may be scaring away more customers than attracting some. Also, it seems to me that the people who don't game are the ones who either a) don't want to game, or b) don't have enough time to game. I've *never* heard somebody say "I don't play videogames because I don't like the controllers. If only they were more simple, then I'd start to spend some serious time and money on videogames."

See, while I can look at this and just think "Nintendo, I'm on your side, please don't let us down", I can totally see anyone who made fun of Nintendo in the past laughing their ***** off now. Also, this quote will haunt me forever:

Miyamoto: "We wanted a controller that somebody's mother will look at and not be afraid of."

Pst...Nintendo...I don't think moms will start playing videogames simply because the controller looks like a remote control...infact, knowing wives who get after their husbands for watching too much TV, I'd say this is a step *backwards* from that, chi...

Top Bottom