• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Crabsmasher

Smash Rookie
I think one thing that will help the Revolution will be it's launch titles. Remember the DS and it's launch? There was only one game that was any good(SM64DS). If they dont get a good launch then Sony and Microsoft are going to make more money during that time and it will be harder for the rev to catch up. Good thing that SSB 3 is planned for launch...

nin10do

Smash Journeyman
With the (unneeded) help of PS3 and Xbox 360, one day, video gaming will vanish from Earth...

...FOREVER.

And then Bill Gates will dominate the world.

Crabsmasher

Smash Rookie
nin10do said:
With the (unneeded) help of PS3 and Xbox 360, one day, video gaming will vanish from Earth...

...FOREVER.

You shouldnt say things like that...I will kill myself before Gates rules the earth...

Nintendo will be keeping the VG industry up for a long time so I would not worry about that...

Robster Lobster

Smash Cadet
Gnight said:
If Mario 128 is for the revolution, I can't see how it would still be called Mario 128.

Chances are the title will change.

Currently Mario 128 is nothing more than a load of experiments that Shigsy and co. are carrying out. The pictures that were shown at Leipzig reflect how the game is likely to look, and the graphical direction they're pursuing.

nin10do

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo better not screw up on the controllers. I can trust them, they never are afraid to try something new. And the logo should be changed, too. It just totally throws off Revolution's sleek image.

Haha, Gnight's sig.

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
nin10do said:

...FOREVER.

You're kidding, right? As far as I know, Sony and Microsoft have helped advance video gaming. I don't know if you mean that for real, or just as a figure of speech [aka, mainstream gaming taking over the world], but ever since the Playstation came out, developers have been able to get their games out easier. In fact, developers complained it was too hard to develop for Nintendo.

I'm not bashing Nintendo or anything [why would I do that anyway?], but so long as the PS3 and Xbox 360 are around, quality games are going to still continue to be released. And don't get on me about how I'm only speaking for casual gamers, because plenty of "real" gamers have PS2s and Xboxes with lots of great games, maybe more than for GC.

No doubt Nintendo saved video games from certain doom, and still manages to amaze people all over, but if Playstation and Xbox disappeared, what would motivate Nintendo to make great products?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
No doubt Nintendo saved video games from certain doom, and still manages to amaze people all over, but if Playstation and Xbox disappeared, what would motivate Nintendo to make great products?
MONEY.

lots and lots of money.

if SOny an Microsoft quit, Nintendo would be THE VG company around, and wold be making easily triple what its making now.

CyberWolf10

BRoomer
BRoomer
In the buisness world...No. They really wouldn't care enough at that point. So the quality of games would at least eventually drop.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Robster Lobster said:
Chances are the title will change.

Currently Mario 128 is nothing more than a load of experiments that Shigsy and co. are carrying out. The pictures that were shown at Leipzig reflect how the game is likely to look, and the graphical direction they're pursuing.
That wasn't Mario 128. It was a game where the audience controlled Lakitu with their voices.

Robster Lobster

Smash Cadet
Cashed said:
That wasn't Mario 128. It was a game where the audience controlled Lakitu with their voices.

Are you sure? I was told on another forum by someone (and on the site) that it was an early build of Mario 128.

Although the voice thing sounds interesting, do you know in what context it was shown?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Oh well, if an anonymous stranger told you something on the internet, it must be right.

Check your facts next time Cashed, sheesh. As a Mod you're supposed to be setting an example around here.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
McFox said:
Oh well, if an anonymous stranger told you something on the internet, it must be right.

Check your facts next time Cashed, sheesh. As a Mod you're supposed to be setting an example around here.
I'm sorry, Nine. I'll try to research more before posting.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
LAdies and Gents, September 16th. Satowa's going to be doing a speach at the Tokiyo Game Show. Who knows what he'll announce? Only time will tell.

And Nintendo themselves, i guess. Which they have. September 16th, Satowa Iwota is FINALLY, FACTUALLY AND FINETLY show what the controller is along with a detailed outline of the hardware specifications. Heh, Nintendo certainly know how to hype something dont they?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Kokichi said:
Nothing official yet, unfortunately.
I'm not talking about Sponge. Nintendo themselves have announced this.

Well PALGN.com.au says nintendo did anyway. And they're very reliable.

EDIT: Aw crap. Their source was Sponge.....

Robster Lobster

Smash Cadet
McFox said:

Not quite anonymous, he works in the industry. But thanks for the sarcastic response!

And according to the official TGS site, Spong is wrong. Nintendo aren't even attending, but Satoru Iwata will be making a key note speech. Chances are it won't be about the Revolution though.

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Robster Lobster said:
And according to the official TGS site, Spong is wrong. Nintendo aren't even attending, but Satoru Iwata will be making a key note speech. Chances are it won't be about the Revolution though.
Wait, this is news?

I'm pretty sure Joystiq reported this weeks ago that he wouldn't be talking about the Revolution.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Erm... It's been known for awhile he's only giving a speech, but that doesn't mean he can't show something during his speech. There will not be any playable games or anything that Nintendo will be featuring on the showfloor of course, because as we've gone over numerous times, he's just giving a speech.

Robster Lobster

Smash Cadet
I'd guess it just being something along the lines of "the industry at the moment" or something. Surely they'd want a bigger sort of thing if they were giving any Revolution news.

Although I'd love to hear at least something relating to it, or Zelda.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
He'll be talking about the current state of the industry... which could easily lead to him saying "we have a revolution for the industry, and this is what you will use to play it." or something along those lines.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, surprises are Nintendo's speciality.

"Zelda's delayed to 2006... Surprise!"

"Smash Bros. Melee isn't a launch title after all... Surprise!"

etc.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Remember the Zelda announcement at 2004? Totally random. Towards the end of their presentation they just said "Oh, and we have something to show you."

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Hey, not all surprises from Nintendo are bad, I was just citing a few examples.

I downloaded the E3 '04 trailer for Zelda, but then I HAD to download the entire press conference just so I could hear the reactions. Insanity.

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
Ok... this is a continuation of a small debate that began on the SSBR thread concerning the Revolution and its memory. The issue, whether or not the 512 MB of flash Memory that is supposed to come standard with the Revolution would be removable or not. I highly doubt it will be removable. I think they purposefully chose to go with the smaller amount of memory for a few reasons. 512 MB is AMPLE space for saving video game data, no losing memory cards, no need to buy new ones when you run out of space, and there is still plenty of room for downloading the old school titles.

Making it not removable is NOT a step backwards in my opinion. I like having to not worry about memory cards. They're too easy to lose/ruin IMO. They still have slots for the GC memory cards so you can still play GC titles on the new system without having to start over. I think they also wanted to avoid having people modify their Revolutions. I've seen and heard cases where people make it so their X-Box can play PS2 and PSX games. I'm sure Sony is REAL happy with that. I don't think Nintendo would want the Revolution to be mixed with other consoles, either by making it so they can play other systems, or by making it so a PS3 could play Rev. games etc... The X-Box was so modifyable because it had just a plain old hard drive that some hackers took out and had a look at, made MOD chips, modified it with some programs/emulators, put it on a larger hard drive, added ROMs and whatnot, and put back inside. It made it possible for X-Box to play old school games already, steal games from Video game rental stores, and it probably broke some rule or copyright with the company. By making the Memory in the Revolution non-removable (and most likely proprietary) they lower the chance of someone getting a hold of what data it most likely contains standard and manipulating it somehow in order to make the system different. I think Nintendo is going to play it safe by keeping as much inside the Revolution as possible.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I posted this in SSBR thread initially, but maybe it will be more appropriate, here...As far as old Nintendo games go and how much space the take up...they are as follows...

NES: 20-500 KB (with most falling in the 150-250 range)

SNES: .5-6 MB (games like F-Zero being on the low-end and games like Super Metroid being on the high-end)

N64: somewhere in the range of 10-35 MB

For Example: So, on a 512 MB card, you could have about 50 NES games (around 12 MB!), 50 SNES games, and 15 N64 games (just to give you an idea of what it can hold).

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I recall hearing something about the 512MB of flash memory being removed from the Rev... I can't remember where I heard it or anything though. ****.

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
OMG... if they removed the 512 MB that would be very bad IMO... its the perfect amount... ugh... please confirm its still there... as far as I can tell though, I think the official Nintendo site still says it comes with the 512 MB of Flash memory... hopefully its not outdated...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
it had better be non removable. nintendo has stated that stated can be transferred to your computer via SD card, so space is not an issue.

Top Bottom