• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

pup cup

Smash Rookie
I agree, if Nintendo can keep their prices down they'll have a definate advantage towards the casual gamer over the Xbox 360 and PS3

HeroOfTime

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know it's not likely but I would still love for them to be cheap. I just hope they stick with their $50/$60 a game thing they have going and not $70 like the others will have.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
The Great Marth said:
PS3 might be 70$ but i dont think 360 will...
For a second there I thought you were talking about the system its self, lol. I've heard 500$ projected for the PS3 (which concidering all the crap they are putting in to it actually sounds plausible) Uf they do that I'm almost certian the thing will fail... I mean I could buy a crappy comp for 500 bucks. With the games of course being 60 or higher...

200 or 250 I'd guess would be the pricing of the revolution. and... no one cares about the 360... the thing isn't backwards compatible who's bright idea was that?...

Does anyone know wether the controllers will be rechargeable? (for any of the systems)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Sorry I keep getting a message to short error when I try to edit the previous post so I'll just double post here...

Here is a quote from an IGN article from a while back, (few days before E3, around when microsoft had MTV speacial and such...) I'll look for a more recent one on the topic.

IGN said:
That Microsoft didn't announce any details about backward compatibility suggests the company is trying figure out a way to enable playable Xbox games on the new system, without having to pay license fees to certain technology partners from its first system. Can Microsoft emulate the Xbox on Xbox 360? Can it do some tricky add-on thingy? These are all possibilities, and as with all of the rumors that became true over the last four months, we suspect this one will indeed become true before too long.
here is a sumary of Microsofts E3 Conference:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/614/614879p1.html

Not going to link the whole thing, just want to point out during the whole conference not once was backwards compatiblity mentioned once, nintendo and sony both took time to mention these big aspects, so why would microsoft just forget? I'll keep search for more recent news or an interview or something...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You realize that was at E3, right? Microsoft got a deal with Nvidia back in June which made it so all single layered Xbox games could be played out of the box. Dual layered games require Microsoft to make a little patch, which will come loaded on the harddrive.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Cashed said:
You realize that was at E3, right? Microsoft got a deal with Nvidia back in June which made it so all single layered Xbox games could be played out of the box. Dual layered games require Microsoft to make a little patch, which will come loaded on the harddrive.
Yeah, okay thanks. Proving yet agian IGN sucks, and I was wrong.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
360 is compatable with "top selling games"....halo 2..... halo 1.....Ninja Gaiden......ect

And i WOULD spend 500 on a PS3 if i prefered sony over all the rest. the stuff u can do with a PS3 is incredible. its worth the 500 in my opinion....that is to say that sony pumps out good games too.

And the controlers will probly recharges.....well i hope.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The Great Marth said:
360 is compatable with "top selling games"....halo 2..... halo 1.....Ninja Gaiden......ect

And i WOULD spend 500 on a PS3 if i prefered sony over all the rest. the stuff u can do with a PS3 is incredible. its worth the 500 in my opinion....that is to say that sony pumps out good games too.

And the controlers will probly recharges.....well i hope.
Eugh. No. It's compatible with all the ****ing games. They said "top selling" at E3. They changed that. And 360 will have an adapter to recharge the controllers, otherwise you can just replace the AA batteries every month or so.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
sorry but the 360 does not have the ability to play ALL old XBOX games becaues Microsoft said it would be too expensive....if i am wrong....link me to the true!

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, Cashed, you're incorrect. Check out IGN's Recent Article on the subject. Not every game will be backwards compatible. However, <3's comment that the fact that because the 360 is not fully backwards compatible nobody's going to pay attention to it is shallow and stupid. Sure, it'd be great, but it's not like there's a whole lot to be missing out on anyway. I think I'd sacrifice playing Halo 2 for the zillionth time to play new, good games on my 360.

We're getting completely off-topic anyway.

Nappydude

Smash Journeyman
Ok that kind of turned me off a bit on the revolution, they're more interested in old people etc than the true fans. If the Revolution sucks nintendo will lose all there true fans and to tell yuh the truth, the true fans is the people that is keeping Nintendo alive rite now bec the old people etc isn't into gaming rite now until the revo comes out (so nintendo is saying). So if Nintendo doesn't respect the fans and wat they want etc.

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
JediMasterYoda98 said:
Actually, Cashed, you're incorrect. Check out IGN's Recent Article on the subject. Not every game will be backwards compatible. However, <3's comment that the fact that because the 360 is not fully backwards compatible nobody's going to pay attention to it is shallow and stupid. Sure, it'd be great, but it's not like there's a whole lot to be missing out on anyway. I think I'd sacrifice playing Halo 2 for the zillionth time to play new, good games on my 360.

I think you're both wrong. Somewhere on IGN, they said that very few games would be backwards compatible at first, but the number would grow over time. How? I don't know. But just as long as most of the games I wanted to play for Xbox are backwards compatible for Xbox 360, that'll be fine.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Nappydude said:
Ok that kind of turned me off a bit on the revolution, they're more interested in old people etc than the true fans. If the Revolution sucks nintendo will lose all there true fans and to tell yuh the truth, the true fans is the people that is keeping Nintendo alive rite now bec the old people etc isn't into gaming rite now until the revo comes out (so nintendo is saying). So if Nintendo doesn't respect the fans and wat they want etc.
Read:
(I bolded/underlined the statements that'll "soothe" you)
from IGN said:
Fakesch said, "In the console market, beginning in 2006 our wi-fi capable flagship Revolution will set new landmarks. By 'expanding the definition of gaming' we don't only mean an advance towards new limits of gaming, but also to new potential players. We want to win over new people and inspire them, those who have never thought about taking a controller into their hands -- more girls, young women, adults, and also elderly players. Certainly in the process we won't neglect the fan community. Germany needs new kinds of games and Nintendo is certainly the company that is best-suited to supply them. We hold a unique position in the market. We are among the worldwide leading hardware manufacturers and at the same time we are among the leading software developers. And that's both for handhelds and home consoles. Additionally, we have decades of experience where we have focused our entire know-how on the content of games and gaming fun."
This message is typed here because it won't let me post cuz there's "less than 10 characters" Yeah right there's less than 10 characters!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
JediMasterYoda98 said:

Of course, dual layer games require a patch for Microsoft to make so they'll work. These will be the patches that will be released over Xbox Live for you to download. Shallow and stupid backwards compatibility? Hardly. Not every PS1 game works with the PS2. Some don't work, and some have problems working. So the PS2 isn't fully backwards compatible. omg shallow and stoopid. Microsoft has said so many times that they plan to get every Xbox game working on the 360. So yes. At launch it won't be fully backwards compatible, but Microsoft will release patches that you can download and the 360 will eventually support all Xbox games. Single layer games should work right out of the box though, it's just the dual layered games that you'll have to worry about. Some dual layered games will have patches on the harddrive at launch though, like Halo 2. And not missing out on much? Xbox has plenty of great titles, Nintendo fanboys and Sony fanboys are just so hooked up on this "Xbox only has Halo" thing.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
I've been thinking: Why does the Revolution need a launch title? If it launches with the download service up and running, they could give you a free game download. Or have a game (like Mario 64 or OoT, or any Classic Mario Game) on the 512MB flash memory out of the box! But a launch title would be great...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Doggalina said:
I've been thinking: Why does the Revolution need a launch title? If it launches with the download service up and running, they could give you a free game download. Or have a game (like Mario 64 or OoT, or any Classic Mario Game) on the 512MB flash memory out of the box! But a launch title would be great...
People would walk into the store, see the Revolution and it's games and buy the PS3 or Xbox 360 because they had more games. You can't launch a system without launch titles, even if you have a download games service.

Mario&Luigi

Smash Cadet
everyone should say no to the other systems, Sony and Microsoft have both said most of their games will require HDTV. for those of you who don't know, that means your wallet will cry if you get a PS3 or Xbox 360. The systems are also said to be from $350-$400, the revolution is said to be $200-250. hear that? The revolution will easily capture youth because the parents will get it, and it will attract teens because delivering pizza won't cover that(trust me) It's easy to see Nintendo can be above and beyond the gaming industry once again.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
that is to say that sony pumps out good games too.
You do know that Sony themselves make basically only hardware. It's kind of like the monkeys writing shakespear theory, playstation got so much third party support that it wasn't possible for a few out of a bazillion titles to be good, but both past playstations had probably less than 10% quality games. If I was going to guess which system had the best ratio I'd say dreamcast.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Mario&Luigi said:
everyone should say no to the other systems, Sony and Microsoft have both said most of their games will require HDTV. for those of you who don't know, that means your wallet will cry if you get a PS3 or Xbox 360. The systems are also said to be from $350-$400, the revolution is said to be $200-250. hear that? The revolution will easily capture youth because the parents will get it, and it will attract teens because delivering pizza won't cover that(trust me) It's easy to see Nintendo can be above and beyond the gaming industry once again.
from IGN's Revolution FAQ said:
Q: How much will Revolution cost?

A: An exact price is unknown. But Nintendo is aggressively seeking to deliver a small, quiet and affordable console. It seems likely that the unit will debut at the sub-$200 mark and possibly cheaper if all goes as planned.
Sub 200 mark? That rocks. If it debuts at 175, that'd be amazing. And if it's bundled with SSBR. The Rev will sell like hotcakes!

BEAM swordzman

Smash Journeyman
--Yeah, but people buy a system for it's games. The Revolution has virtually no support from third party developers because publishers don't know what it is and they also really don't seem to care. If this continues to happen, Revolution may be a system only for Nintendo fans. Believe it or not but people with diss out $350 - $400 if they think it's worth it.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Mario&Luigi, all 360 games can be played on a normal TV. HDTV isn't required. PS3 on the otherhand, as of right now (according to PSM) it doesn't support 480i, which is what your normal TV uses. Right now PS3 only works on HDTVs. If you read the article they have about PS3 it says "Sony is hoping to get 480i working soon."

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You would have thought they'd get normal TV working first then get HD suport....

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
The Revolution has virtually no support from third party developers because publishers don't know what it is and they also really don't seem to care.
WTF are you smoking?

There are lots of different companies expressing interest in the Revolution. I can't list any other than SquareEnix off the top of my head, but i've read a bucnh of stuff on the NR's third party support.

Mario&Luigi

Smash Cadet
Cashed said:
Mario&Luigi, all 360 games can be played on a normal TV. HDTV isn't required. PS3 on the otherhand, as of right now (according to PSM) it doesn't support 480i, which is what your normal TV uses. Right now PS3 only works on HDTVs. If you read the article they have about PS3 it says "Sony is hoping to get 480i working soon."
I read from EGM magazine that most games using those amazing next-gen graphics will require HDTV, no questions asked. I don't know if your right or the mag, but I'm not sure how dependable a magazine is, so if you say it doesn't need HDTV, I hope your right and I'll believe you.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
No systems will require HDTV, it would be suicide for the companies. HDTV is popular, but it isn't popular enough to exclude what is still the majority of TVs out there.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
WiFi is a cheap way to get on the internet with games(my prefered way). you can basicly take your rev anywhere that has a wireless router and play online. i think you can only have B or G for it to work with the rev.

for me......the school,college,home, and pizzahut has wireless routers. so im set.

Top Bottom